Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Returning and Starting Anew

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Returning and Starting Anew

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Onomatopoeia on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Hello, hello.

Just stopping by to say I'm starting over in my role playing life. I broke away from it because of college life, personal events, and well... just life. Fortunately, I'm coming back at a very good time. Spring semester is at its end and I'll have a whole free summer to finally get some alone time. Some R&R if you will.

I'm looking forward to breaking my fear of role playing in a group. I've been so stuck to one on ones that I feel almost isolated. It's not a fantastic feeling, let me tell you. So as for now, I'll just be poking around the threads (yay for lurking), and being a little on the timid side. My goal is to actually stay in a group role play and not wuss-out.

With all that said, feel free to message me here or through the PMs. I have a website if anyone is interested.

Happy creating!
Lady Onomatopoeia, xoxo
J'veux pas mourir tout seule
Oh, Liberté, mon amour
♚ † ♡

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lady Onomatopoeia
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Returning and Starting Anew

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Symphony on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Aloha! Might I extend a warm welcome to our little slice of the internet~ Its a rather nice slice, if I do say so myself. Mind if I call you Lady O for short? Glad that your able to roleplay again! Its a great hobby if I do say so myself, and I think I would be lost without it. With that, to help you get the hang of things, I would like to invite you on over to the Roleplay Academy! My fellow mentors and I would love to help you out if you need it, and don't be afraid! We won't bite! There are tons of features for you to use here for your roleplaying style, from the Chat to the Forums, and even Tab Roleplaying.

Oh my, where are my manors! I'm Symphony, but don't be afraid to call me Symph, Symphy, Relly, Relish, Sym.. The list goes on. C: I have just a few more pointers before I go, such as the current Rules, after all, what is a site without a little bit of law and order? We have a great staff team here as well to help enforce the rules, and to aid all who need it along during their stay at RPG. I figure, you want to know everyone by their color, so here is it plain and simple :

Red = Creator/Administrators
Green = Global Moderators
Navy Blue = Mentors like me!
Bright Blue = Coders
Orange = Designers
Yellow = Contributors
Black = Normal members

I hope you find your way around best you can, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to post them on here! I'm sure myself or one of the other members on the site will answer your question best we can! I believe I speak on the behalf of the entire community when I say we are happy to have you aboard!

-Symphony ♬

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Symphony
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 pm

*Explodes into the room in a blue pyre*

Well, Symph already did a fantastic job of welcoming you, Lady O, so I'll just spout off a [not so] quick hello.

Welcome to the Gateway, Lady O. I'm Tsuki, your resident avatar of explosive blue entrances and personalized answering machine messages. If you're ever in need of any help, don't hesitate to ask!

So... yeah... That's all!

Enjoy your flight stay whatever.

*Explodes*
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Greetings Lady Onomatopoeia and welcome back :)

RPing in groups can be intimidating, sometimes it helps if you start out small, a group of 2-3 people, and slowly introduce more. That way you have time to build up a sense of character before feeling overwhelmed by so many other players/characters. If you need any help or advice, please don't hesitate to ask. Even if I'm sporting a green name, I am a mentor on the inside :)

Also, love the avatar. Luis Royo? Excellent artist :) A favorite of mine.

- Tiko
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Onomatopoeia on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Thank you all for such a loving welcome! I really do appreciate it, and thanks for all the advice. I'll see you guys on the boards, then!

And yes, I love Luis Royo. I get so many ideas from his artwork. His creativity and talent never cease to amaze me. I also like Michael Parkes and all his symbolism.

Lady Onomatopoeia
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!