Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Review Requests.

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Review Requests.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:56 pm

So, is there a game you're wondering about out there, but want the input of your fellow gamers before wasting your money? Post it here, and save your wallet some weeping.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Review Requests.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:27 am

sure.

the Decepticon and Autobot DS Transformer games.

oh, and GRAW 2 for the PS3.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

isafos
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knoxy on Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:40 am

Final Fantasy 12 for the PS2
On your gravestone it should read : always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

How about : Yippee Cayay Mother ******

Knoxy
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:17 pm

Knoxy wrote:Final Fantasy 12 for the PS2

sure, I have it.

Graphics: 9.5
for the PS2, the graphics are amazing. the SGI is FILM quality, up to the standards of Final fantasy VII: Advent children, and the in-game stuff is great too. it probably wouldn't hold up with its future PS3 sequel, but HOLY CRAP, this should be MELTING my PS2.
the environments are WONDERFULLY crafted, and the animation is perfect.

Gameplay: 9.0
the Gameplay is FUN, similar (VERY) to final fantasy XI, and even though the fanboys are crying, ignore them. Shane Bettenhausen is an idiot. it's damn fun, LITERALLY running from your attackers (or overpowered prey)? it's a great break from the turn based stuff they've been throwing at us (not that I have a problem with that, just gets kinda boring after 30 hours of Gaming.). exploring the environments for marks (you can LITERALLY hunt for money after visiting certain bars.) or for grinding (which is now much easier. just leave the area, come back, and there's the enemies!) is much more fun, especially with the landscape of Ivalice. (which happens to be the same place from final fantasy tactics.) the gambit system can be irritating if you don't know how to use it. guess what? sphere grid is back! however, the 'license board' (as it is now named) is much BETTER then the sphere grid, but it's still kinda irritating that you need to get a license for EVERYTHING that you want to equip. other then that, it's great.

Story: 9-10.
I can't accurately score it, because I still haven't finished the game, but it's as confusing as anything that includes Ivalice. it's essentially an alternate dimension, so prepare for some WTF'ing from now to then when you see a dude in a modern looking hospital room in a wheelchair, but the writing is great, and so far, the story is pretty good, and much more mature and political, which is also a refreshing change.

overall: 9.5/10
certainly a must have game for any FF fan, or fans of RPG's in general. i'd have a more accurate score if I FINISHED the game, but I still haven't got past that fracking dragon thing in FF X, so whatever. =p

isafos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xelefrion on Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:26 pm

Knoxy wrote:Final Fantasy 12 for the PS2

Also up for it, Pretty much the same score as the other guy, but to point out, its not a REAL Final Fantasy, it's more like an Adopted Child. Still a very good RPG.

Now for my request.

Black for the PS2

or...

Call of Duty 3 for PS2

Xelefrion
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby isafos on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:12 pm

(in what way is it an adopted child? it's still related to the universes of one of the games, its still made by the same company, just because the gameplay's a little different doesn't make it any less of a FF. ok, I played the Black demo, AWESOME, but no jumping. check Gametrailers.com for the review I guess. oh, and no multiplayer.
I don't have CoD3 for the PS2, but I have it for the PS3, so I'll do that, even though it may not be relevant.)

CoD3 (PS3)

Gameplay:

its good. nothing special, but it's tolerable. it can be glitchy, and it's almost 100% linear (which I'm getting tired of in video games), but it's still good. I love the looking down the top of the gun to aim by holding down L1, and as long as you aren't looking for them, you shouldn't encounter TOO many Glitches. it's probably best to put it on a harder difficulty to get the full experience, but if you're not great at FPS', it MIGHT drive you crazy.
7/11

Graphics:

the graphics are 'Meh'. for the 'ALL ENCOMPASSING 1337 GAMING MACHINE OF TEH FUTURE!!!11one1' it sure does look like a high res PS2 game. O_o
textures look BAD if you look closely at them, so it's bet NOT TO. it still has some nice effects though, like Planes crashing into rivers, or big explosions.
6/11

Story:

oh for CRYING OUT LOUD. maybe it's different for you 'Patriotic' people, but COME ON! WWII AGAIN?! I find myself trying and FAILING TO CARE. jeez. it was just another war, why is it so important to you people?
the writing is ok, there's some memorable quotes, and some of the characters can be pretty interesting, but theres still easily avoidable cliche's like in everything else.
8/11

Multiplayer:
Multiplayer is what you should buy the game for. its damn fun. the team based stuff is great, and although there's no mike support for PS3, you can GUESS what someones doing when you run them over with a tank. yep, best part of all. VEHICLES! in online! if you get in a motorbike and honk the horn as a teammate gets in the side car, only for you to purposefully ride off a bridge, it can be fun as HELL. so can blowing people up with cannons. and, there's a class system similar to Star wars: Battlefront, with Medic, anti-armor, assault and heavy assault roles, along with scouts who can call in air-raids. it all balances out well, and reviving someone as a medic just to kill them again and revive them before they can report you? PRICELESS.
ganking ftw.

9/11

Overall:

the game is good. definitely get it for the multiplayer. not so much if the version you want doesn't have Multiplayer, but it's still a worthy add-on to your collection as long as you can get it on the cheap.
8/11

(and yes, my scores go to 11!)

isafos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:10 pm

Two Worlds please. I've heard some say it's "Oblivion + Extract of Awsomeness" and others say, "It's funny how unintentionally bad it is."

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:33 pm

I've not played Two Worlds, but observed it played and caught a few bits from a friend that owned -- and promptly dismembered via shotgun -- a copy of it. So, take that as you will.

The framerate is HORRIBLE. Honestly, I watched him run from one point on a map to another, and every third step, the game had to lag down in order to catch up with what he was doing. It's also the only thing I could ever get out of him, review-wise. He said he ditched the game after only a couple days, because there was just no getting around it. Online (and his connection is nothing to sneer at), it lagged to sin. Alone, it lagged to sin. There was just nothing to be had for it.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:33 am

Well, I would be playing on the Xbox 360, so I doubt lag would be a problem.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:24 pm

He was playing on a 360, as well. I wasn't aware any other systems offered he game.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Village Alchemist on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:31 pm

Zhelir Darkfall wrote:He was playing on a 360, as well. I wasn't aware any other systems offered he game.

Oh, I see.

:shock:

And yah, it's available for PC, too. Unless those are just empty boxes at the gaming store around here.

Village Alchemist
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feleon on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Forza Motorsport 2- Xbox 360

Feleon
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!