Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rilla's Dojo and Mini-Mart

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Rilla's Dojo and Mini-Mart

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Rilla's Dojo and Mini-Mart is a place for new fighters to learn the basics in T1 combat: PM Rilla for lessons.

Owner: Rilla, mid-tier expert in powered combat.

Character creation, basic moves, basic understanding of how actions flow.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Re: Rilla's Dojo and Mini-Mart

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:58 pm

Name: Alex West
Race: Human
Height: 6’2
Weight: 11 stone
Build: Wiry
Hair colour: Blonde
Eye colour: Blue
Distinguishing Features: Scar under left eyes
Equipment:
Weapons: His fists
Armour: None
Clothing: Combat boots, Green combat pants, White beater vest and hand tape.
Physical limits: Alex can perform a variety of gymnastic feats; flips ,handsprings and rolls. He can run faster than average. He has trained in mixed martial arts since age seven, and is a talented fighter.
Powers: None

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

XavierDantius32
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rilla on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:07 pm

This is because, Skallagrim hates me and my nads. :P

Now how to do this. I figure a lot of people don't use purely melee, but rather somewhat powered people.

Xavier; Yours is accepted. So, we can get started early.

For Later Lessons, I suppose.
Since I already have five characters; I suppose anyone who comes here, should use one of them, or their own; if they don't like them.

http://roleplayerguild.com/f46/rillas-css-39401/#post1369097 - Trent - Earth/Metal - Rods/Poles/Staves
http://roleplayerguild.com/f46/rillas-css-39401/#post1369103 - Derik - Electricity/Magnetism - Chains
http://roleplayerguild.com/f46/rillas-css-39401/#post1369105 - Jet - Wind/Smoke-Ash - Nunchaku
http://roleplayerguild.com/f46/rillas-css-39401/#post1369106 - Worren - Fire/Heat - Ninja Weapons
http://roleplayerguild.com/f46/rillas-css-39401/#post1369123 - Levius - Water/Ice - Trident

---

Anyway, T1, is essentially combat RP as you know. Using Preps as a way to gauge the strength of an attack(Be it physical or metaphysical in nature); and the writing ability of the participants(Strategy, how they play the character, etc., etc.).

There are several tiers(Listed Below):

Skill Level:
From Animeleague(located by Skallagrim for me)
Level 1 || This is the general human level, encompassing the power attainable by the average Joe and is limited to the most basic of technological weapons, like guns, crossbow and knives—maybe even a scooter if in the wrong hands.

But we're only using the one listed above, for now. Level 1.

I'll get to making a small practice Arena for us; but until then, read this ---> type-turn-based-combat-eden-era-t4212.html

Rilla
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rilla on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:50 pm

Since I know a lot of people will probably be watching this; I wouldn't mind having help and pointers doled out when able. :P

If you people would be so kind.

Rilla
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!