Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Robot Wars

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Robot Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:15 pm

I think I'll go ahead and start it now.

"RolePlayGateway is proudly powered by obscene amounts of caffeine, duct tape,..." <--Ever notice this at the bottom of the page?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:16 pm

'bout time too!

Let the robot pounding begin!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vyper
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Name: Owen Ramsey
Army: Warlords
Robot's name: 00001-K
Your appearance:
Robot's appearance:
XV6-M Decimator Class "Titan"

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:04 pm

I mean no offense to Kronos but does anyone else have a problem with the blatant rip off of a Warhammer 40K Titan?

I mean, having that much power is pretty unfair for every other character who isn't a Warlord. Besides, it is seriously unimaginative...

Vyper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:35 pm

Sorry. But could I just say how having a Gundam is not?

And I'll make up for it by having really crappy mobility. Just like artillery, this is slow but powerful.
Last edited by Kronos on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:45 pm

UPDATES

Okay, here's what I'm thinking for a plot. There's a new army that's coming into power, and their A-Hav's are basically godly. Agile, strong, and pretty awesome. After they get powerfull and unstoppable, the three armies--Warlords, Loaners and Angels--have to join forces to fight them. It was all I could come up with, so if anyone as other ideas, or something they would like to add, just let me know either through PM or posting this thread.

NOTES:

-During the RP, you're allowed to join other armies if you want. Just thought it would make the drama a little more intense.

-More upgrades will be added throughout the RP, and I'm going to find a way to give them to all the armies. Probally be an NPC getting kidnapped by an army and the technology being stolen, then it happening again to that army.

EXAMPLE-Greg is in the Loaners and can dig underground. Greg gets kidnapped by a Warlord. They steal the technology. A Warlord gets kidnapped by an Angel and they steal the technology.

That's all for now. More updates soon!

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:53 am

Kronos wrote:Sorry. But could I just say how having a Gundam is not?

And I'll make up for it by having really crappy mobility. Just like artillery, this is slow be power.

Well, at least you're on my team 8)

Also, good updates, I am with them.

Vyper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:00 pm

HEY YOU GUYS!

I think it's early enough in the Roleplay that it won't ruin anything, but we need a few more people just to even out the numbers. We need two more charries for The Angels and it will be 3-3-3 rather than 3-1-3. Is anyone willing to make an Angel charrie? I can make one, but we'll need two more people to commit to it. If you don't want to make a second person, let's try to, for lack of a better word, "recruit," for them. Poor Aslin is all alone in that army. =(

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:08 pm

I'd be more than happy to make one. Give me a minute to type up a character sheet...

---

Alright!

Name: Terry Mont
Army: The Angels
Robot's name (optional): Justice
YOUR appearance: A young, fair looking man with handsome, boyish features. His long blonde hair only makes him appear younger, as do his blue eyes; seemingly un-aged by the gruesome warfare that rages about him. He is approximately 5'8 and has a slight build; not muscle bound but not skinny.
ROBOT appearance (optional): A short, stout robot, clad in curved white armour. Justice has a sloped back head with two rectangular eyes cut into the face, the only notable 'human' features on the head. The eyes are a bright blue, just like Terry's real eyes. The A-Hav slightly resembles a muscular figure, with curved armour where abs and biceps would be on a human. On it's back Justice has a sleek jet pack that takes advantage of the less heavy A-Hav to provide maximum aerial movement. On either shoulder are swivelling boxes that can fire a barrage of missiles at an enemy opponent. For melee weapons the Justice has a pair of curved bayonet-like blades that protrude from beneath each hand, from the wrist.

Vyper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:28 pm

HORRAY! Now the armies will be even! The new list is as follows...

Warlords:

Riel, Vyper, Kronos

Angels:

Asline, ohhhhhallibaba, Vyper

Loaners:

ohhhhhallibaba, Hunter in the Alley, Purple

IT'S ALL EVEN NOW!

Don't forget though, you can transfer armies if you want to.

----------

Name-Brisingr
Age-21
Army-The Angels
Rank-Private
Robot's Name-Lucy
Your Apperance-Long, sandy blond hair falls past his shoulders and rests on his shoulder blades. His hazel eyes are very emotional and can change in an instant. "Fun to bitch in .06 seconds."
Robot's Apperance-Pure white, with black fingers, and a black winshield on his helmet. His weapons vary on his battle and mood.

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:26 pm

Hey! I'm not alone anymore : )

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:27 am

Aslin wrote:Hey! I'm not alone anymore : )

I figured you would appreciate that. =)

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:05 am

yeah it's kind of weird to give commands to people who don't exist

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:29 am

PLOT IS ADVANCING! READ MY LATEST POST IN THE IC THREAD!

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 am

Edited my post.

Vyper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Psh. Hunter hasn't posted for awhile. My character has been in mid-charge for days now =.=
This is all we've got now
Scream until your heart stops
Never gonna regret
Watching every sunset
We'll listen for your heartbeat
| Scream your heart out. |

Riel
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!