Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Robot Wars

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Robot Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:24 am

The year is 2900. All the cities, towns, counties, and other districts have been totally destroyed thanks to major advances in technology and WW3. The only people that remain our the few thousand military personal that fight in giant robot-like machines. These robots are run by a series of sensors inside it that copy the movements of their piolts. There only remain three more armies.

The Warlords

This army is full of people that want world domination. They raid the very few left over villages throughout the world, and teach them to use the technology after taking them as slaves. Their mottto is, "If it's not one of us, kill it."

The Warlords' Ranking System

Lord-1
Admiral-1
General-3
Lieutenant-4
Captain-5
Private-Infinte

MEMBERS-Riel, Vyper, Kronos

The Angels

This army is the arch rival of The Warlords. They want world peice, and are trying to accomplish this by trying to eliminate The Warlords and set free their slaves. They only fight against The Warlords and anything else that attacks them.

The Angels' Ranking System

Captain-1
Private-3
Underanking-infinte

MEMBERS-Aslin, ohhhhhallibaba, Vyper

The Loaners

Ironically, they are actually a group of men and women that fight for the same cause. They are neither with nor against either The Warlords or The Angels. They simply want to survive and try to reconstruct humanity. They are the villages favorite army, because they don't fight unless they absolutely have to in order to.

(The Loaners don't have a ranking system. Everyone is equal in this army.)

MEMBERS-ohhhhhallibaba, Hunter in the Alley, Purple

A litte more information on the robots. They're basically giant, metallic humans and they fight with giant, metallic weapons. They move as you move, so they have somewhat of a personality. When you come back from battle, each robot has a specified compartment that they stay in until you need to use it again. Every time you use your robot, you can change your armor, upgrades, and weapons. You can hold up to four upgrades on your robot, and six weapons.

Upgrades are listed below-
Shield*
Enemy Communication(Enemy Coms)
Invisibility*
Flight Boots
Enhanced sensors*
Camoflauge(Camo)*
Stronger armor
Deflect

All items marked with a (*) are only temporary when used and must be given time to recharge in between each use.

Weapons! My favorite part. Weapons can vary from swords, axes and hammors to sniper rifles and handguns. This makes it a lot more fun to RP.

Skeleton-

Name:
Robot's name(optinal):
YOUR appearence:
ROBOT appearence(optinal):

+----------+

Name:Storm "Stormie"
Army:The Loaners
Robot's Name:Betsy
YOUR appearence:Long black hair goes past his shoulders. His eyes are an extraordinary purple, and his skin has an olive complexion.
ROBOT appearence:Changes every day.

If you have any questions either post them on this thread, or PM me. Hopefully I'll think of a more clever name than, "Robot." Also! If you have any IDEAS for this RP, PLEASE don't be afraid to tell me. Either post your ideas on this thread or PM me. Thanks! Hope everyone enjoys!
Last edited by ohhhhhallibaba on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.

"RolePlayGateway is proudly powered by obscene amounts of caffeine, duct tape,..." <--Ever notice this at the bottom of the page?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Robot Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Okay, so I posted this at like 3am and nobody had a chance to see it. So....

bump

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:45 pm

The spelling is 'lieutenant' =3

Name: Alexander Adel
Army: Warlords
Robot's name(optinal): Lucis Ferre ( Latin for 'Light Bearer' )
YOUR appearence:

Alexander's hair is quite long, and tied into a ponytail with a black strip of cloth, with the hair flowing down directly along the the lenght of his back. His hair is a light blonde (dyed), while his eyes are black. Furthermore, he has astonishingly pale skin, and a black tattoo on his left cheek. The tattoo is modelled to represent a sun, as a single halo, with triangular, seperated points sticking out from the top, bottom, left, and right of the halo.

As for clothing, Alexander typically wears a black t-shirt and simple jeans. The shirt has a dark yellow symbol on it which symbolizes his tattoo. Other than that, he wears a total of 6 black wristbands around his left arm.

ROBOT appearence(optinal):

The robot known as Lucis Ferre is a rather slender machine (just large enough to support decent armor and store weapons), with the armor being made of a strong, chrome steel. The armor covers the mecha's entire body, however the joints are made of a more flexible, blackened material to allow maximum mobility.

The head of the robot is totally featureless, as the vizor is the same shade of chrome as the rest of the armor. Meanwhile, the robot is equiped with bladed, thruster-enabled wings to allow short aerial movement, short ranged slicing, and additional defense.

The hands and feet of the mecha have sharp talons, however, the rest of the equipment is hidden.

The sun tattoo of Alexander is etched in black on the robot's chest, forearms, and back.
Last edited by Riel on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is all we've got now
Scream until your heart stops
Never gonna regret
Watching every sunset
We'll listen for your heartbeat
| Scream your heart out. |

Riel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:17 pm

Accepted.

I'll go ahead and change that spelling error too. =)

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:13 am

Umum. Suggestion and a question.

First, are the machines gundam-sized (as in a few stories high), or suit-like (as in armor-like)? Or maybe something else?

And, maybe you might get more people in the 'Futuristic' section.

Riel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:52 am

Name: Ryan Grounder

Army: The Loaners

Robot's name(optinal): Black Night

YOUR appearence: Has short, grey hair. He wears glasses over his icy blue eyes. He wears a long sleeve button up shirt and long jean pants regardless of weather. He is 6' 5". He has a grey five o'clock shadow.

ROBOT appearence(optinal): The Black Night's body is modeled after a suit of armor, except it has larger shoulders, giving them a bulky appearence. Large, triangular plates extend over the front, sides, and back of the legs. It's head is much like a knights helm, and it glows red where eyes should be. It has very strong armor, but has less than average mobility.

Weapons are as follows:
A small machin gun, hidden in its right wrist.

A small disk on the left arm projects a large, pentagonal sheild. Activating this will cause the Black Night to be unable to fire energy weapons.

A Large sword with a red hilt, black circuliar gaurd, and black blade is attached to his side. It is used in combination with his sheild, both in either hand.

Attached to his back, breaking the knight like appearece, is a dark grey laser rifle. This gun fires fast, but over heats quickly.

A small pole, the size of the Black Nights fore arm, is attached to right side, next to the Black Night's sword. Upon activating this pole, it extends to the height of the Black Night. An energy blade appears at the end, and it becomes a laser battle axe. This is one of Ryan's last resort weapons, as it takes much energy to power and use.

Ryan's other last resort weapon is a pair of laser swords. Untill being activated, the are two bars the size of the Black Night's fore arm. Upon activation, the have energy-katana like blades. He also sheds much of his armor, including the bulky shoulders and plate around his waist, to increase his mobility, decreasing his armor.
Run Rudy Run...

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Riel wrote:Umum. Suggestion and a question.

First, are the machines gundam-sized (as in a few stories high), or suit-like (as in armor-like)? Or maybe something else?

And, maybe you might get more people in the 'Futuristic' section.

I was thinking Gundam-sized.

As for the suggestion, thanks. I'll go ahead and make a post there.

Another thing!

I'm not sure if I made this clear or not, but...

The robots can only hold up to four upgrades, and you CAN change them, but only when you go back to your HQ.

Another thing, does anyone have any suggestions for a more clever name than, "robot?"

I was thinking Humadroid. Droid for short? :?

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:30 pm

[[Mecha or ExoSkelleton is pretty common.

Droid is pretty decent as well =) ]]

Riel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:05 am

OOC: Armored Humanoid Attack Vehicles. A-HAVs for short.

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purple on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:32 am

Name: Kira Yamamoto
Army: The Loaners
Robot's name:
YOUR appearance: http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn331/Ninja92Renders/mangaey7.png
ROBOT appearance: http://photobucket.com/image/armored%20core/DemonicRa/armored_core.jpg

Weapons-
A large siege cannon anchored on his back. He has to be stationary to use it. It heats up in at least 2 shots.

Two small pistols, one on each side of the bot. They heat up slowly, but they are weak.

Under each robotic hand of the bot, there is a small slit. Two swords can come out of those slits, but they take up tons of energy. This is a last resort attack.
<3 :D

Purple
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:02 am

Hunter in the Alley wrote:OOC: Armored Humanoid Attack Vehicles. A-HAVs for short.

Riel wrote:[[Mecha or ExoSkelleton is pretty common.

Droid is pretty decent as well =) ]]

These are both really cool. Take a vote? I think we should take a vote. Let's take a vote!

Oh...btw...everyone is accepted! =) Thought that might be important. (=

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:22 am

I actually vote for A-Hav =o. Droid or mecha is too commonplace.

Riel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:23 am

A-Hav: 2

Droid: 0

Mecha: 0

((I'll update this post with every post someone makes.))
Last edited by ohhhhhallibaba on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Riel on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:44 am

-Thinks he didn't describe his own robot enough-

Mind if I add to the description?

[[ The robot's body's porportions are molded after that of a human, save for the 'wings' on the back, and the shrapened nails. In this sense, it is virtually an enlargened human. Joints (located in similiar areas as a human would have them) allow maximum mobility, at the cost of the more efficient armor granted to most machines.]

Riel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:49 am

That's just fine and dandy. If at anytime anyone wants to add or change their profile, have at it. Just let me know when you do. It's your charrie, so I won't make you ask permission. =)

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:55 am

Name: Tara Van Eros
Army: The Angels (seeing as no one has joined that yet)
Robot's name(optinal): Silver Wolf
YOUR appearence: Image
(She usually keeps her hair tied back and wears a gray top with a jacket and jeans.

ROBOT appearence(optinal): It's a sleek machine that is built for speed. Completely black, with silver linings on some parts. It has the emblem of a gray wolf (in silver) on its front.

Constantly changes weapons but the one thing that is always there is the sword.

(yeah so that's what I could come up with for now. Once I can figure out some other details for my robot, I'll put it in. Hope this is fine.)

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ohhhhhallibaba on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:35 am

That's fine. OH! Before I forget! We're taking a vote on another name other than, "robot."

A-Hav: 1

Droid: 0

Mecha: 0

Pick one if you don't mind.=)

ohhhhhallibaba
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aslin on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:22 am

I like A- Hav. It's a nice abbreviation.

Aslin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hunter in the Alley on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:21 pm

I have but one question, when do we start?

Hunter in the Alley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Name: Varad Garadgrath
Army: Warlords
Robot's name(optional): Nex Addo (Latin for Death Bringer)
YOUR appearance: Varad Garadgrath is a large man, believing that the stronger he is physically, the stronger his robot will be, which is partially true as the suit mimics his actions and the force that he puts behind them. He is pale skinned and bald, with a scar running a long the top of his head and down his left eye; he boasts that it was gained in a fight with an Angel Robot that cut through his robot and wounded him, yet he still managed to win. He is muscle bound and tall, ranging around 6'7. His eyes are a cold blue and match his strong facial features.
ROBOT appearance(optional): Massive and armoured in durable steel is the Nex Addo, much resembling its large and brutal pilot. The Nex Addo is painted entirely black, with red trims that match the red viewing slot on the robots head through which Varad surveys his surroundings.

The head itself is similar to a helmet that would be worn by knights of a past age. It is a sleek black with a red line running down it to reflect where Varad's scar is. The shape of the head is sloped and rounded at the top, with a grating for the mouth piece. Above it is the horizontal red eye piece that glares eternally at friend and foe alike.

The upper arms are protected by large shoulder plates, leaving the lower arms free to wield weapons. These shoulder plates also protect the weaker joints in the armour plating. The lower arms end in large claw-like gauntlets, capable of inducing a crushing vice upon foes. The wrists contain compartments which store laser weapons.

The chest is shaped like a breastplate worn by warriors and has a glaring skull carved into it; something that enemy commanders have learned to look out for when fighting black armoured warriors. It has become the trademark of Varad and Nex Addo. The lower chest area is formed of flexible metal plating to provide mobility and protection at the same time.

The legs of Nex Addo are protected by armoured greaves that jut up above the knee in spikes to provide more damage when Varad feels like inflicting some pain with his legs. The feet are shaped as talons and are lined with many spikes to provide stability and strong, secure footing when in battle. The trademark skull is carved into Nex Addo's left greave.

The Nex Addo forgoes aerial movement to provide better durability and armour, as well as weapon wielding capabilities. In short, Varad's robot is far too heavy to get air borne and would need a sufficiently large jet pack to do so.

In battle Nex Addo wields a bulky broadsword that flickers with pulsing electricity, having a force shield generator set into the hilt which allows for more, severe damage. The blade itself is black with a single crimson line running its length in the middle. The bulky hilt is ornate and spiked with the Skull of Nex Addo carved into it. When not in use the Sword finds rest in the scabbard on the robots back.

Done! World Domination ftw!

Vyper
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!