Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Romance ideas

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Romance ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:57 pm

I really want to do a romance centered rp. i have a few ideas but was hoping someone else would want to run it. I am already running two rps so don't really want to be in charge but I have a lot of ideas and can help. I can also run it if no one else wants to and there is a lot of interest.

Ok first idea is something like Fate stay night but a different world. People with magical power summon a protector. The protector is mainly a fighter but can have cool abilities. They all battle to save the world from a shadowy organization. Or something like that. It is a rough idea. I like Fate stay night but I never understood all the details so I thought using it as a jumping off point for a similar girl boy pairing fighting each other or maybe another group of bad guys. I don't know but I think it could be a lot of fun. The characters for the mages can be either sex and have whatever powers they like but keeping it reasonable and centered maybe around an element or style of magic. The fighters would be similar to the anime each with a unique ability.

Second is "Red string" It is a legend that each person has a fated mate that is linked to them by a red string. In a post apocalyptic world you have to avoid dangers and somehow manage to find your fated one. Lots of interesting possibilities for this. It could be similar to "Mad Max" or "I am Legend" Or something like that but not too gruesome since it is centered around romance.

A pirate rp. I want my character to be a girl who dresses up like a boy. Very romance novel. There could be sea battles, intrigue, betrayel. Lost of good stuff. This could go back and forth between land and sea with balls and politics and sea battles.

So if any of these sound interesting and someone wants to run something along these lines I would love to join. Or if people want me to run it I will if enough people join.
If none of these are appealing I am just really searching for a good romance rp.
Worlds without end visualised, sketched, and written. From my mind and imagination to yours.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Romance ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallingStar on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Hello. I would be interested in doing a romance role-play with you! I have a few ideas that I came up with as well if you are still interested and want to hear me out. I can't send PMs for some reason at the moment, so I would like to discuss the role-plays and stuff on here until the pm thing gets fixed. ^^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FallingStar
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 am

I'm interested in the first one :D

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:55 am

I am definitely still interested so whatever input either of you have I am willing to listen. I also liked an rp that is already on here but wasn't able to get in before it was full called "Bond of the lock and key" I like stuff like that as well. So if we can get enough people I would love to get this organized.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:22 am

I played something like the first one. It took place in the 1800s, in a world much like our own. Some individuals found a book that allowed them to perform a kind of magic - summoning a creature from another world to fight in our own, bound to serve and protect their summoner. Using their companion, the summoners had to uncover the plot of a greedy politician who was using magic for his own devices.

Alternatively, they could all come from a world in which magic is common. I was in another that took place in the middle ages. Anyone who showed a talent for harnessing magical power was taken to a school and taught to become priests and priestess. When they graduated, they summoned a familiar to them - a cat or a horse, or some other such thing - but if the gods deemed the priest/ess to have a great destiny, they would bestow a different sort of familiar - one of the demons that are normally hunted and killed. Together, the creatures of light and dark have to protect each other and work together to bring down the great evil that threatens the balance.

I've never seen/read Fate, so these might be going in the exact opposite direction that you want >> and thats okay, just tell me.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:13 am

Very interesting. I personally am not a fan of anything modern so would prefer a more fantasy setting or another time period, anything other than modern is fine with me. I love medieval, Colonial, Renaissance, or whatever. Since I am not keen on being the gm for this if someone has a strong idea like your first one I would love to help however I can. We can combine and rearrange it until it suits everyone. I really want that protector/guardian vibe. So the protected could fall in love with the protector, or the other way around, or fall for each other. Plus with a good plot and interesting character types this could be awesome. I also am not into animals unless they are more like animal human hybrids.

There was one were the protectors gained enormous power by being in close proximity to one they are protecting. So the closer they are the more powerful they can become. Something like that. So if they kiss it gives a huge boost. I don't want this to get into anything too perverted but it could be hinted at if they do more like. So and so spent the night and confirmed their love blah blah... so saying it in a round about way without going into details to keep the rp clean. Pg-13 maybe slightly mature but not anything too heavy. Does that make sense?

I am really excited about finding the perfect balance so we get the most people. But not just quantity I want to attract people who are dedicated and have a decent grasp of the English language and post more than one line at a time. If someone is learning I don't mind as long as they are willing to work on it. I love helping people out. Goodness knows I have a long way to go myself. So I hope we can agree on a time period, character types, general plot, so we can get this started.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallingStar on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:43 pm

I don't exactly want to do a group role-play at the moment. I am more into one on ones. Group rps generally die around me >.< I am still up for a one on one if you'll have me. I hope you do get more people for your idea though. It does sound fun. Good luck. (And yay~ pm works now.)

FallingStar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:37 pm

I haven't done many one on one's but that could also be an interesting side idea. What scenario do you like best and do you want to do it via pms? or play by post?

I still would do a group rp. I have a lot of free time and check this site often so I feel I could handle a few more rps as long as I am not running them.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FallingStar on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:46 pm

I do like your apocalyptic idea. We could do something like that. I might be a little more gruesome and I like danger. We'll thrown in a lot of that. My pm is working now so I would prefer to role-play over pm.

FallingStar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Hello! I would love to do a romance RP. :) I'm more partial to fantasy myself. I don't particularly enjoy doing RPs in modern times, especially when it comes to romance. The apocalyptic one sounds very interesting, but I would also really like to do a pirate roleplay! I've wanted to do one for a while! If you don't want to GM it, I suppose I could. Did you want to PM me to discuss ideas? I hope this works! I may know some people who may want to join,.

Kenzi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 pm

I still haven't found a good group interested in romance as the main focus. I would love to do something in colonial times maybe with pirates. Or something like my fate stay night spin off. Or another pairing idea where the partner gains more powers the stronger their relationship is or something or if they kiss or hug or something. I know that last sounds vague. I am just throwing ideas out there. I just want a unique fantasy-ish or sci fi romance that I can sink my teeth into.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:01 am

I'm really interested in a pirate romance rp. If you want to brain storm a plot, feel free to pm me!

Kenzi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:25 am

Hey Gaia! Sorry I never got around making that RP I pmed you about. I like the pirate as well. Just pm me guys if you already made one.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:11 am

I have been hoping for a pirate rp. I don't think I should or could run it though. So if someone else starts it I will definitely join. I have two characters I could play. I think it would be the most fun if it was a fantasy/historical type. So people could have interesting abilities but nothing too extreme. Anyway the main focus would be to create at least one crew maybe more and sail looking for a treasure. Whatever the gm wants. It could be sililar in feel to "Pirates of the Caribbean" or any anime (nothing too silly please) or another movie. If I play my second character, she is a pirate captain, then we could also have battles with the navy or other pirates. So I suggest something loosely based in history but you wouldn't have to make sure that the historical facts were all right for a specific time period. As long as whatever facts the gm comes up with stays the same throughout the game. I see the time period as right after the colonies where created so around there. But it is up to whoever becomes the gm. I am running two games right now and in one I have a co gm who helps me a lot and the other one is practically dead cause I just don't do well with keeping things going at a good pace. I have good ideas and would help all I could but I am just not a good choice as the main gm.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Mon May 16, 2011 9:24 am

I am bumping this again because I still have not found a good romance centered rp. If anyone out there has a solid fantasy based or even historically based rp with Romance as part of it and a good plot and a few characters already joined. I would love to join. I am a medium level literate rper who is dedicated and easygoing. I may be blunt sometimes but I am very careful about following the rules. I didn't really know where else to post this but it has been hard for me to find quality role plays that are fun and interesting to join.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Just wanted to try again to see if anyone had any good fantasy or historical rps that had romance as part of it. I would still love to be in a pirate rp, or a Victorian era rp, Something with partners and powers or something like that, or just anything fantasy. I just want something that isn't going to die two days in and has a decent plot and a few people already lined up to play.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gaiadarkstar on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Ok, it has been a while and my rps died so now I want to start something new. I don't mind if it's one on one or a group. I am the girl though so if someone wants a 1x1 then they have to be the boy. I am more used to groups so a one on one might be awkward for me since I haven't done that very much. I don't mind learning if you are patient with me.

Pirate- I still want to do this where the guy is a pirate and I am a young woman dressed as a boy who finds her way on as a cabin boy to take revenge because she believes the pirate killed her father.

Carpathians- These are similar to vampires but can shape shift and have no problem being in the sun. Basically they are immortal humans, unless they don't find a mate. For a Carpathian if they do not find a mate they turn into a bloodsucking vampire who can not go out in the sun. It is the Carpathians job to hunt and kill vampires. I don't care if we are both Carpathians or if one of us is human- the human usually has a supernatural power and must be turned into a Carpathian by exchanging blood three times.

Sekirei-or other master slave scenario (please don't jump to nasty stuff) One person is the (master) and the other the slave. I tend to prefer being the slave.

Also if you have any ideas I would love to hear them. I want something exciting and fun.

gaiadarkstar
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!