Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Romeo and Juliet REMIX (IC)

a topic in Books & Literature, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on books or other forms of literature.

Romeo and Juliet REMIX (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bookworm81 on Fri May 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Check out OOC
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/romeo-and-juliet-remix-ooc-people-needed-badly-t22467.html

we still need:
Paris
Prince (head police officer)
Friar Lawrence
Last edited by bookworm81 on Sun May 24, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Camp Nokomis is where the cool girls spend their summer.
Don't believe in ghosts until one comes knocking at your door
Books are awesome
When you see my face hope it gives you hell...
You got me poppin champagne...
I think we should light a match, we'll hold it to the wind to see how long it lasts...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bookworm81
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Romeo and Juliet REMIX (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Fri May 22, 2009 7:42 pm

It was good to be back at Manhattan, it really was. There was something almost...sweet about the smog scented air. The truth of the matter was, Romeo was excited to be back in a city with fresh adventure. Back at the Univeristy he'd done everything there was to do and gotten away with it. But New York...ah there was alwayssomething to do.

'Like this' he thought to himself as he looked at the flyer in his hand. It was the annual Carson Academy Masquerade. It was the hottest college age party of the season and Romeo was not about to miss it.

"Hey Reeves," Romeo asked as he pressed the button lowering the shield between the driver and the backseat of the hummer-limo that had picked him up from the airport.

"Yes, sir?" The elderly man asked as he turned his head slightly so as to look at Romeo through his peripheral vision.

"Is Briana back at the house?" he asked.

"I believe so, sir, but I could be mistaken."

"Ok...she's not answering my text messages...how long till we're there?"

"Soon, sir, if this blasted traffic would ever move!" Rome chuckled and slid the shield back up before starring out the window at his favorite city. Yep...it was good to be back.
The War has started. Which breed are you? under-the-full-moon-sign-t23770.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bookworm81 on Fri May 22, 2009 8:04 pm

"Where's my damn cell phone!?" Briana muttered to herself. She had been looking for it all day, but she couldn't find it. She sighed and collapsed on the couch. She turned the tv on and started to flip through the channels when she felt something under the pillow.
"Ah ha!" she said as she pulled her phone out from under the pillow. She scrolled through her inbox, Romeo had sent her a ton of texts. She flipped open her sidekick and sent a quick text to him.
Hey! r u almost home? cnt wait 2 c u
<3 Bri

bookworm81
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PoisonLacedLips on Fri May 22, 2009 8:10 pm

Juliet smiled to herself, she was quite proud of all the hard work she had put in to organizing the Carson Academy Masquerade. She spent hours of planning everything, from the smallest detail to the biggest surprises. She had made some calls, to make sure everything would arrive exactly on time.

"Now all I need to do i-"

"Jules, ENOUGH! I'm putting my foot down." It was her friend, Carla, "For Pete's sake, everything is going to be alright. You've checked on everything more than twice!

Juliet bit down on her bottom lip. "Okay, fine."

"You've been neglecting your amazing dress, it's just lying there, on your bed. And you haven't checked on it even once!" She grabbed Juliet's hand. "Come on, it's time to check on your dress."

Juliet groaned and got up from her seat, she almost tripped over because of the force Carla used to pull her. "Okay! Okay! I'm coming!" She dragged her feet up the stairs and into her bedroom. She smiled at the dress and jumped on her bed and pretended to sleep.
Run, run, run away. Lost, lost, lost my mind. x

PoisonLacedLips
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Fri May 22, 2009 8:32 pm

Romeo walked up the staircase and opened the front door. He had his duffle bag slung over his shoulder and he removed his sunglasses as he staired at the foyer. Same as always...

"Hey, I'm home!" he hollered. The high ceiling room that disapeared with a winding staircase echoed with his voice. He used to love sliding down the banister when he was a kid.

A middle aged woman with graying blonde hair came walking swiftly from the kitchen. Romeo smiled and set his bag down.

"Hey mom," he said and gave her a big hug. "Miss your one and only child?" he asked and his mother laughed.

"Oh, you!" she said brushing the invisible lint off his shoulders. "Of course I missed you sweetheart. This place hasn't been the same since you went away to college...you know I hear that Carson is still accepting..."

"Mom, don't start," Romeo interjected. "It's Carson, our biggest rivals. That's like a Jew becoming a Nazi or a Nazi worshiping Jehovah...somethings just don't happen."

"Nonsense! Carson is a wonderful school that brings up very respectable people. Your good friend Mark goes there...and I'm sure they'd accept you despite your...less than...clean permanent record."

"Mom..."

"Now now," she said placing her hands on her hips, "I have every right to scold you. You know that they send us letters with your discrepancies...the late nights missing curfew..." Romeo grinned, "the coming to class hung over..." Romeo's grin grew into a smile, "the-the sneaking girls into the frat house..." Romeo's smile enveloped his face. "Now stop that grinning, Romeo!" she said, but she was smiling as well. "Oh there's no use..." Mrs. Montague placed a hand on her son's face. "You always were a handsome one, just like your father."

"Where is Pop, in the study?" Mrs. Montague's eyes fell from her son's and Romeo's smile faded into a frown. "At the office...should have known he would forget."

"He didn't forget, Romeo! He's just very busy. You know, he's working on this big case right now that could go before the Supreme Court..." Romeo held his hadn up.

"Just save it mom, twenty-two years of covering for him is enough. I've figured it out by now..."

"Romeo...I...your father loves you," she said helplessly.

"Yeah Mom, just not more than his job."

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri May 22, 2009 8:57 pm

"Oh, my God, is that...MY CAR!"
Mark Perconti ran in the direction of the flaming science wing. Several strings of curse words ran though his mind as he remembered parking. A cop won't come by, he had said to himself. And it's not like there's going to be a fire... Sure. Today of all days...the one day he had been too lazy to drive around for half an hour and find a parking space.
He heard a siren in the distance. As he came within jumping range of his still-open convertible, he vaulted off the fire hydrant he had illegally parked in front of, put the key in the ignition and turned the key.

The Jaguar growled to life, and Mark pulled out from between the two cars on either side of him as a fire engine rounded the corner.
"That was a closie," he said, turning on the radio. He had had a buddy once who parked in front of a fire hydrant, and the firemen had broken his windows and put the hose right through his car. Of course, in hindsight, Mark's windows had been open...heck, the top had been down...but still, better safe than sorry. And tickets were never fun.

He called Romeo.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Fri May 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Romeo pulled his phone out of his pocket hoping it was Briana. His face lit up with a smile. It wasn't Briana, but his best friend from high school, Mark.

"Hey, man what are you up to? Getting in trouble, probably," he teased.

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bookworm81 on Fri May 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Briana grabbed her car keys. Romeo hadn't text her back yet, but she decided she might as well head over to his place. When she got outside, she decided it would be better to walk the ten minutes then drive in the traffic. While she was walking she took out her phone and sent Romeo another text.
hey im headin over b there in few
<3 Bri

bookworm81
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Fri May 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Rome pulled the phone away from his ear as he heard a beep while on the line with Mark. He smiled. Briana was on his way over. He quickly texted back while putting Mark on speaker phone.

'You'd better be. Where's my party?'

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bookworm81 on Fri May 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Briana smiled at the text. Leave it to Romeo to mention partying the first thing he got back.
carson is hvin party wanna crash it? She sent the text right before she reached the stairs leading to their front door. Not bothering to knock on the door she opened it and walked inside.

bookworm81
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Fri May 22, 2009 9:29 pm

Romeo was just about to text his reply when he heard the front door open.

"Hey you little punk," he said laughing and picking Briana up in a bear hug. "God look at you! Did you hit puberty when you were in London?"

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri May 22, 2009 9:33 pm

"Nearly," Mark answered. "You know those alchemists have gone and blown up their guild house again," he said, alluding to a popular favorite in science-nerd literature [[if you recognize it, you get points]].

"So how's it coming with the Halloween party?" he asked. "You got a good way to sneak in? How're things going with what's-her-name, by the way? She still hot?" [[I'm assuming there's a Rosaline in this version.]]

Mark sped up slightly to get through a yellow light. "Where you headed?" he asked as he sped down west 35th street. He nearly hit a couple pedestrians, one of whom gave him the bird, which he ignored. There were cars in the lanes to either side of him. And no parking spaces.
"Where are you, anyway?"

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bookworm81 on Fri May 22, 2009 9:38 pm

Briana had missed Romeo's hugs, even though he nearly choked her sometimes he gave the best hugs.
"Ha ha, very funny. Uh, I think you have someone talking to you on the phone." She said when she heard a faint voice coming from the cell phone.

bookworm81
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Fri May 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Romeo held up a hand to Briana as he put the phone back up to his ear.

"Uh...Yeah, Rosie...well, she's still got the best rack I've ever seen, but uh...not really seeing much of it-er I mean her anymore. We kinda...'went our seperate ways' you know," he said scratching the back of his neck nervously. "I'm at the house, Bri just got here, you should get your ass over here...oh," he pulled the phone away fromh is mouth, "sorry mom..."

Mrs. Montague raised an eyebrow at her son, but a small smile was playing across her face. "I'll leave you two to catch up. I'll let cook know we're having guests for dinner." Romeo waited for his mom to be out of the room before responding to Mark.

"You know I have a way into that party. Remember those blonde twins we met on our senior trip to Cancun? Well the taller one, Tammi, still has sort of a thing for me...well she and her sister Carla are helping with setting up the dance and tammi was the one selling tickets so uh...I sort of wriggled a couple tickets out of her while she was uh...looking for her underwear."

((gatta go for the night, I'll be on first thing in the morning))

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri May 22, 2009 9:52 pm

"Uh...Yeah, Rosie..." Romeo said into Mark's ear. "Well, she's still got the best rack I've ever seen," Mark nodded appreciatively, "but uh...not really seeing much of it---er, I mean, her, anymore." Mark laughed out loud. "We kinda...'went our seperate ways,' you know. I'm at the house, Bri just got here, you should get your ass over here...oh," Mark heard a faint yet distinct "sorry mom" from somewhere in the background and laughed more.

"You know I have a way into that party. Remember those blonde twins we met on our senior trip to Cancun?"

"Ah, yes," Mark said, nearly knocking an Asian kid in a Yankees hat off his bike on the narrow street, "The Wonder Twins."

"Well, the taller one, Tammi, still has sort of a thing for me..." (Mark snorted "she never had a thing for you,") "well she and her sister Carla are helping with setting up the dance, and Tammi was the one selling tickets so uh...I sort of wriggled a couple tickets out of her while she was uh...looking for her underwear."

Mark cracked up."You're not serious?" His Jaguar pulled out of the dark alley that was west 35th street and into the bright sunlight of 9th avenue.
"Dude, how to you get on the Lincoln tunnel from the corner of...uh...9th and...25th?"
Last edited by DCLXVI on Sat May 23, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PoisonLacedLips on Fri May 22, 2009 9:54 pm

Juliet continued to pretend to sleep and soon bolted up, "Oh no, it was terrible. I just had a nightmare, and everything went wrong! All because I didn't check on everything! I have to go make some more calls just to make sure." She placed her feet on the floor and got up, with a cheeky smile on her face.

Carla crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, "Oh, haha. Come on now, Jules. The Masquerade is in a couple of hours, everything will be fine!"

"Fine isn't good enough for me, Carla." She placed her hand on her hips. "Everything has to be perfect. I need to make sure nothing goes wrong!"

Carla sighed, "Everything is perfect. Don't...make me call your mum."

"Fine!" Juliet took her cellphone out, "I just need to make one call to th-"

"I said no!" Carla snatched her phone.

"Ugh, fine."

Carla smiled, "I just want you to have fun for once. I'm taking away your planner and blackberry and all that crap. The only thing you'll be holding is a hot guy's hand at the Masquerade. They'll all be in the palm of your hand when they see you."

Juliet giggled and smiled. "I promise that I'll have fun." She winked and headed back downstairs.

PoisonLacedLips
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bookworm81 on Fri May 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Briana listened to the whole conversation. She smiled and shook her head.
"You havn't changed a bit." she said to Romeo. Briana had heard the whole Cancun story and knew that it was Mark on the other side of the conversation. "Tell Mark I say hey."
((I'm off hopefully I'll be on tomorrow morning for bit before I go to visit relatives))

bookworm81
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alice.Larson on Sat May 23, 2009 9:52 am

Romeo chuckled into the phone, "yeah, bro, just hang a left. There should be some signs leading you to the tunnel. I'll see you when you get here. I'm ganna unpack and get dressed...got a big party to go to tonight," he teased. "Catch ya later." He hung up the phone and stuffed it back in his pocket.

"So, little cousin," he said slinging an arm around Briana's shoulder, "care to be my date tonight?"

Alice.Larson
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bookworm81 on Sat May 23, 2009 4:24 pm

"Sure, well I guess this means I should go back and get ready. Be at my place in an hour and a half." She gave Romeo a hug and left. Once she got back to her place she went straight to her closet. She pushed aside all her clothes until she found a navy couture dress. Then she went over to her dresser to find a mask. After throwing many masks on the floor Briana found a gold mask that went with her dress. She walked over to her shoe closet and pulled out her navy blue gucci sandals. After she put on the dress and shoes Briana did her makeup. She then went over to her shoe closet and pulled out a gold wristlet. Briana put her cell phone, lipgloss, and house key inside.

bookworm81
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PoisonLacedLips on Sat May 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Juliet dragged her feet up the stairs and into her room. She stared down at her dress. Juliet wondered where Carla had put her cellphone. Shrugging, she undressed and got into her masquerade dress. She walked over to the mirror and looked at herself. Smiling, she sat down in front of the mirror and brushed her long brown hair which cascaded down to her mid back. Juliet placed her brush on the glass table and applied her makeup. She smiled at her reflection. There was a knock at the door.

"Miss, are you ready? I have your mask here. May I come in?" It was Martha, one of the maids.

"Yeah, come on in, I'm ready. I think." Juliet replied.

The maid walked in with the mask in her hands. It had been beautifully decorated with sequins and feathers. "Here you are m'lady."

Juliet smiled and took the mask from her hands. "Thanks Martha, it's beautiful."

Martha blushed and nodded, she smiled at Juliet, "You look beautiful."

Juliet giggled and smiled, "Aw, thanks Martha."

Martha nodded and left the room.

Juliet checked the time, people would start arriving in about half an hours' time.

PoisonLacedLips
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!