Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ronald Jenkees: Internet Superhero

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Ronald Jenkees: Internet Superhero

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:52 am

As a member of a website that is run by one of the most dedicated and knowledgeable web designers I know, I feel it is my duty to spread the word about other talented interneters. Today I bring to you Ronald Jenkees. His mix of Kentucky hick, hiphop rapper, and severe nerd make him memorable and refreshing. His assortment of hats have become a trademark in his videos. Most of all, his music will blow your mind. He combines electronica, funk, hiphop, rock, and techno.

I was first linked to Ronald's YouTube videos this morning. Instantly I was in love. Ronald has a long-missed theory for his music: do what you love and have fun when you do it. He loves making music. He's been asked repeatedly by names like Jay Z, Dr. Dre, and Puff to create mixes for them. However, going the route of fame would ruin his ability to post random stuff on YouTube, so he doesn't. He does tons of charity stuff and collaborations with big bands for the environment.

People are torn over his persona. Is it the real deal, or does he put it on for the sake of having a famous Internet Face to go with his jams? Who knows and who cares! The music is hot!

Since discovering him an hour ago I have purchased two of his CDs. He's self-promoted, and if you buy more than one he autographs them for you. His new CD comes out in December, and I eagerly await its release.

Here are some of my favorite tunes by Jenkees:

Throwing Fire
Almost Undamaged
messin with a guitar sound
NEW BEAT & Impov Jam
Random improv jams - some hip hop & some funk/techno (He puts it together at the end.)

I really hope you guys enjoy him as much as I do! The music just makes you feel good. He means what he says about "having fun." You can buy his CD at RonaldJenkees.com
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Re: Ronald Jenkees: Internet Superhero

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reticulated99 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:26 am

WHOA. I'm a huge fan of electronica and such, and if I had any money, I'd have bought his CDs today too.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

reticulated99
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Ronald Jenkees: Internet Superhero

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby beyondormason on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks for drawing attention to this guy, I can't believe I've never run across him before. He does seem to have an awesome style of music going on, and all self-taught/by ear as well? I wish I had more musical talent than I do, or more motivation to spend enough time on it to improve myself.

At any rate, thanks for the music suggestion :D I have a feeling I'll have to add a CD of his to my Christmas wish-list this year (being the poor college student I am)
Armonia Justin Beyondormason

Like the shinigami realm wikipedia... now hand over your jewels

Other RP sites I'm on
Apple of Thine Eye

Current RPs
All's Fair: IC and OOC

Characters
Lord Stingrinool Rammerg'los

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

beyondormason
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!