Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

a part of “Ruyn: The Winds of Fate”, a fictional universe by Sylwyn.

Closed. We are moving to /ruyn-chronicles-the-winds-of-fate

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ruyn: The Winds of Fate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:27 pm

He's got a certain charm about him. Not half bad looking, though I don't usually go for blondes. Lmao. JK. Does give me some ideas on how another chaotic alignment might respond. xD Whenever I take those silly quizzes, I always get Neutral.

I can picture him as the Jack Sparrow type, easily. No matter how good-looking, how charming, or how many times he "does the right thing for the 'greater good'," he'll still be a ruffian through and through.

I'm going to add the Red Ravens to the list of factions, since bands/factions, IMO should be lumped under one category to save space on the actual website. I've taken memory of the places the Barbarian mentioned as something to add once we get past Gorgon's Pass. Also, I have one friend from work who will be joining, bit of a procrastinator. Told her to introduce herself tonight.

Yes, YOU, you know who you are. I love you anyway.

She'll be a paladin, most likely. I created an enchanted labrys that hasn't been named yet, but its there in the barkeeper's post. I have plans for that. Going to name the road to the castle tonight too, and I think that will be the last of the basic places. I am also gonna post in Port Arn for our quiet soldier [Red] ;), and I will be opening one more invitation to another friend of mine to see if he joins. The world, while my project, had become mutual where the Ka'ua were concerned, but people can get busy so, I decided to take up the reins alone when I finally had the time to put the game up. We'll see what happens.

Pretty sure I'll at least shoot for an hour... depending how my back feels. If I don't tonight I'll stay home. Have to practice tomorrow though. ::Crossing fingers for the playoffs:: I'll tackle what I can while I'm on lunch (it's evening here too!)

Added: How do you add game masters should I decide to do that? With or without, I am interested in collaborating, so if you are, well, that'd be swell. I eventually want to put this into a novel!

Edit: Will be working with the creation of Paladin with my friend on the side until she's ready to submit it, but am also adding an Order for lawful good knight-occupations, called the Rising Dawn. It is a disbanded order, and will be up on the main site tomorrow. This occupation is not required for knights but it would be a good background, which the creation of my friend's character spawned the idea. Will be working on an opposite as well that originates from the Maidar. The good order is full of trained warriors, and the bad will be either "demonic" or souls that were sent to under world. Making the orders and guilds alignment and/or class specific, minus the Blades of course, and not ALL guilds, just the knight orders and the assassins. Will let you know when it's finished on the site.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:04 am

Okay, added another post. Fought with my computer almost the entire way. I'm going to add the other locations after I redo the map, because apparently, my Netbook cannot handle expanding the map without enough memory to do so. Sadly, it locked up using Paint, which says something, since Paint is the most basic program available. While I'm working the map in sections and scanning them in later today, I will also be adding some new locations here and posting in them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 am

Busy, busy, busy! :P

Cool, will check out the posts and then get started on Eddie's debut, lets see how much trouble this swashbuckling ruffian can get himself into;
Yeah I was thinking a tad like Jack Sparrow, can sometimes do the right thing but is not above fleeing like a coward or selling out his companions in order to save his own skin :P
'I had to be a Warrior, a slave I could not be! A Soilder and a Conqueror, fighting to be free!'

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Nice going on that post. Just finished mine. ;)

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Cheers kiddo, lookin' forward to reading it :D

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Kiddo, eh? Been a long time since anyone's called me that! I can dig it. :D

I'll work on posting a decent response tonight. Headed out to playoffs tonight, not sure what's going on, but I imagine I'll find a spot to hole up near an outlet while I'm not shooting. Have to install the drivers for my scanner after looking for them on the net, since the netbook doesn't have a cd drive. Seems the drivers include everything but the scanner software. It'll be a nice project for later.

Edit: post received Red. Too crowded now to post here in the bleachers. Will be back after playoffs are over!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:27 pm

So yeah, I'm back from exams. I'll just catch up on what's been going on and I'll see if I can get a post done. ^^

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Cool1 Hope your exams went well!

I have been updating the site a bit, but in the middle of reworking the map. Was going to hand draw, but am doing a basic in paint since I'm having trouble getting my laptop to recognize anything let alone keep the screen working. :P Might take me longer than expected. Planning on adding a couple more locations to the city based on the progression of the game. Not much else.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Excellent... Now sit comfortably while The Raven mix things us a lil! >:D

Rill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Beautifully executed. I've had an idea brewing in my head to go with this. I'll work on it over lunch tonight in about an hour. I thought it would be interesting, so when I'm done I'll post it. If you don't like it let me know, I'll edit it! I'm also going to be fiddling around my friend from work's account since she's having issues with the site and I can't figure it out without actually seeing it. Hopefully I can get it up and running for her!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Posted. It's probably a bit short, but it's getting late and I'm a bit tired, so yeah. XD

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Ah cheers, glad ya liked it :D
Hmm sounds interesting, what sort of thing did ya have in mind?

Rill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Not much time to go through the details, but both posts, GT, and Rill, have been received. Responded to Rill's... let me know what you think, and I'll adjust accordingly... other than the fact I think I missed the posting location again. :P

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:52 pm

Woah! Woah!! Woah!!!
Wait a second what the hell?!!

Honey your bloody well Auto Hitting my character! What's up with that?!!

Automaticaly landing attacks on someone elses character without giving them a chance to defend themselves is one of the first major rules of Roleplaying!
And it is Very annoying!!

If your going to have the wolf try to jump at Eddie you should end the post with him jumping, hence giving my character a chance to dodge, not just automaticaly tackle him out of the carriage and pin him to the floor while your Elf shoots him!

By that logic I could have just made him kill or restrain everyone in the coach at the end of my last post, you see how that doesn't work?

Sorry mate I'm going to have to ask you edit that last post. =/

Rill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Edited: Done, though I needed a bit of time to deliberate over the last couple of posts, so bear with me.
Last edited by Sylwyn on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 pm

On that note, one post edited for content, two more responded to. Bear with me here as I have a strong personality despite my outward appearance, and I'm aiming to look at each of our subjective points of view from an objective standpoint, and my initial response was, as no doubt was yours, give or take, confusion.

Having mulled over this before coffee this morning (still need coffee... blasted retail makes me regret the day I signed on for a flexible schedule), I did make a mental reminder to consider the events transpiring, and I'm not certain of the guidelines for attacking NPC's except what I've learned from playing D&D.

Small scale attacks, okay. Something as large as an entire convoy of civilians and armed guards... eh, that would be something of a "plot device,"IMO, at least. Nonetheless, a good idea, so I think things should go as they are from here, but I responded "automatically," as I'd assumed from the previous post, it would be acceptable in that situation. I treat NPC's as people too (good quote, I think I'll use it)!

So, myself, coming from a mixed background in RP, and all of us together, should agree on what is acceptable regarding initiative and attack to avoid miscommunication. No ill will is meant by this at all, and as far as I'm concerned, little hiccup, moved on. :) Let us speak, then eat drink and be merry, because for once, it is actually lunchtime at 12:30 in the afternoon, and I'm starved.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:21 pm

The way I've always played it is that NPC's are fair game but PC's usualy have the rules about auto-hitting, powerplaying and godmodding apply to them;
If a player wants an NPC from their post to be treated like a PC, they just have to say so in the OOC.

Rill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:50 pm

I'm accustomed to more of an open writing style in a real-time atmosphere, so it's kind of a culture shock, in a sense. I'm also trying to adjust to the fact it isn't "who has the bigger gun or the faster trigger," figuratively speaking. When I joined up here, it was a last resort and I'd thought all the fuddy-duddies who got tired of screwing around in chatrooms might have come onto forums, like they did on AOL (can I say that [AOL] on here? guess I'll find out).

So my instinctive reaction was, "OMG, this guy dropped a nuclear bomb and called it a strategic strike!" I have to sit back, get my head straight on and say hey, I'm confused! Then work toward a diplomatic resolution. I don't often stumble but when I do, I prefer to sit for a moment, get my bearings, get up and dust off my arse, usually in that order! :D

Also, my dear friend FaithChan has decided she likes her character that we collaborated on, and I got her up and running. Ever the quiet one, she talked with me and I will open a subplot for her in the Crystal Temple, setting her up on a quest to search for the Arabimitore, or Crescent Labrys, which is not up on the site yet, but is described in her character profile per our lunch hour discussions over the past few days. Jin Akanishi is the new character addition to our story!
Last edited by Sylwyn on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Well this is certainly a unique Roleplay with alot going on, so if you want to run it diffrently that's up to you but we Roleplayers are creatures of habbit I geuss, and stick to what we're used too-

Like at the moment we're all just reacting to what happens in the posts, there doesn't seem to be much colaboration or discussion on where to take the story next, we seem to be playing it on the wing, which is fine, but if that's how we're going to play it then the characters should have the freedom to do something (Like attack the caravan) that alters the world, otherwise we end up trying to conform to a story we haven't been let in on and restrain ourselves when there's an oppertunity to make the line of events more interesting;

Like attacking the caravan seems a completely natrual action for a group of Bandits, but if I had had Eddie and his band drag your Elf out of her carriage, beat her down and rob her without giving you any chance to have her defend herself, you can see how that would quickly become annoying?

Rill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Absolutely, and as far as the story goes, I've been on the fly as well. Nothing that has happened thus far has actually been planned. Premeditated, maybe, but not planned. I've spent most of this trying to feel each character out myself, as everyone has their own unique style. I've a strong idea of where the initial story will end up, but as it is a world, one should look at things in the broader scope, and that's really one of the main reasons for wanting/needing other people to "fill the world." Not everyone need be a part of the main storyline, heck I'm not even planning to use all of my own characters as primaries. If one wants to simply add color to the world, more power to them, which, as I said, I'm used to people just waltzing in to make a lovely mess of things, then "godding" their way through everything. That we are able to discuss this means that no one here, in fact, is actually that type of person. I'm slowly coming to understand the breadth of a player-to-player relationship is set in trust and teamwork, and the more I get to see, the more I'm willing to give, though admittedly, I'm a "upon request/play as we go, let the seeds fall where they will," type, and right now we're in the raw stages of feeling things out and shaping our characters, letting each find their niche and settle where they will into the nuances and happenings of daily life, with the undertone that something greater than themselves is constantly at work.

With that said, including all the events so far, I will give you guys an idea of what I'm working with in my head as well as work on my posts, but for now, my computer is in rough shape, so I need to let it run some idle time scans for about an hour or so. I'll be back.

Edit: Well finished with two posts. Still have to work on an intro to help Akanishi along, since the post is of an omniscient nature. Regarding the storyline, so far, everything is at sorts, seeing where things go with the characters, I've been winging it as well, with a loose turning point in mind, so I'd like to bring our ideas together as the sense of that draws nigh. I think things should unfold naturally. Right now, two of you have taken a bite out of the main storyline, the characters being Sennex, Felix and Alexandria, initiated entirely by yourselves, mind you, so I'm going off of what the characters do.

With the wood elf, the only plan for her was to meet with the ambassador to discuss opening trade all the way through Gorgon's Pass to the west of Zamil in hopes of both peoples expanding their empires. In addition, daemus will open its major ports to Zamil. Had to come up with an idea based on Sennex's profile, so the assassin whom the djinn is seeking is actually going in as a counter-assassin to prevent the ambassador's death. This will fail, leaving the high elves infuriated, and unwilling to deal with the emperor. Thus, the expansion of the story to the west and overseas will be that much more difficult in-game for the characters.

The ideas with regard to the prison break are still in the raw, mainly because I had to repair a minor plot hole after the one guy dropped off in the beginning, however those will tie in to the Drenn, who've long been left to their own devices, being pinned for the growing problems and the investigation of the fire. Whew, that's about all I can think of for the time being. I'm still not quite sure where the remaining characters will fit in, and perhaps it might come later, unless you have any ideas to add-on or put out there, lay em on me.

Basically, the main reasons I've been holding out are to one, feel out the characters and story, and two, make sure what i have has been thought out into a form comprehensible for the rest of humanity. I think at a million miles a minute, so that can be trying at times. As I said once before, to have a whole world in your head... then again, I'm starting to believe there might actually be a pocket universe in their somewhere... who knows?

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!