Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

a part of “Ruyn: The Winds of Fate”, a fictional universe by Sylwyn.

Closed. We are moving to /ruyn-chronicles-the-winds-of-fate

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ruyn: The Winds of Fate”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:54 am

Seeing as how I may edit this post as I see fit, I'll delegate this section to posting everything OOC, including updates to my site, and any questions, comments, etc., regarding the RP. For all the rest, you know where the website is, and if you don't, well, then maybe you should have read between the lines in the first place! ::Cuts the red ribbon with pair of giant orange-handled scissors:: Have at it!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Ruyn: The Winds of Fate

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:49 am

I added all major locations for the Imperial City, two for the town of Gooseneck, the Old Forest Road/Accursed Inn, Merchant's Way/Merchant's Lodge. I will add more as needed, and work on introductions to each place later today. Once again, I look forward to gaming with all of you. Please read the introduction and rules, as they have been updated, and don't forget to check out the website, linked on the Introduction page.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:18 am

Having a whale of a time going through the online codex, mate. When I've done, I'll make up my mind about joining the RP. Oh, and what kind of art style would be allowed for character images?

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Glad to hear this seems to be taking off at a steady pace. As for art styles, I'm trying to keep a renaissance-y feel, though this doesn't necessarily have to be paintings. Digital art is welcome too. Anything else, just let me know, and I'll be glad to check it out and make a decision. Anyone who is interested in either being a moderator or involved in the "top secret" details of the storyline, as a character, such as Fade, for instance, who is more or less my "omniscient" role and will be the go-to for the main quest, let me know. I won't give any more details to avoid spoiling the story, and I won't let anyone else in on the secret stuff until they have proven themselves worthy!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:28 pm

If anyone is interested in taking on a secondary character (primarily council members at the moment) you may also look these up on the website and submit them as your character application(s). Classes and backgrounds for each council member are under Nobles in the Forum section of the site. Pictures of the characters can be found on Races, Place and Deities under "Notable People." Fade (non-council) and Sylwyn, obviously, are already taken. There are four males, one from each of the major races. Uthis, a High Elf Warden, the highest attainable class by a wizard, Ferdirand, Halfing representative and a powerful Artificer (mainly crafting and tools), Calihal, a Dark Elf spellsword (PM me for approval on this, as he will eventually play a key role in the latter part of the campaign), and General Aloysius, a Human Warlord.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:47 am

This looks pretty interesting, cheers for accepting my character;
Are we clear to start posting yet, or are you still working on the intro's?
'I had to be a Warrior, a slave I could not be! A Soilder and a Conqueror, fighting to be free!'

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:59 pm

You're clear to start posting in the Imperial City, and any place else I've added an intro to. I will finish up the rest of the places by the end of the night, for sure. I just finished a brief intro for the Gooseneck Tavern and the Accursed Inn, for those of you who enjoy starting off with a good drink or two. I'll work on this between my lunch break (6pm) and when I get home, so probably by midnight or so, eastern time. I live in Baltimore. :)

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Sounds good;
Hmmm yeah I think a sedy Tavern is a good place to start, The Accursed sounds like the place best suited for a Barbarian to down a flagon or twelve;
I'll post later tonight after work.

Rill
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Those of you looking for a good character outline, check out Rill's. I am going to start using this myself, and for your convenience I have copied and pasted the format here, should you choose to do so as well (hope you don't mind me putting you on display, Rill!). Of course, it needn't be as detailed lovingly as such, but hopefully this gives you guys some ideas if you are having difficulty.

Description

Name: Br'nard Evenstar
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: Chaotic Good.
Weapons: Broadsword & Battleaxe.

Appearance:
Personality

A rugged, savage man with a rough demeanor, savage heart and Warriors spirit, Br'nard is a man who who places little importance in either sbutlety or tact, prefering to meet every challange in his path head on with strength, courage and steel!
Despite his wild nature however, Br'nard also poscesses a keen wit and a wicked, mischievous sense of humour, as well as a savage streak of honour, he will never break his word, once it is given, nor abandon those he considers comrades, for in the savage mountains of his home, a Warriors word is considered his bond and loyalty to his tribe valued above all else.

When not in the thick of battle, or off out on some dangerous quest or other, Br'nard can usaly be found at the nearest Tavern, merrily drinking the establishment out of its entire stock of Mead while carousing, heckling the bards, feasting, swapping tales with other adventurers or simply getting involved in a good, old fashioned tavern Brawl!
Br'nard is a simple man of simple pleasures, as are most Barbarians, his favorite things in life being drinking, feasting, good company and battle!

Aside from the Nature based energies weilded by the Druids and Shaman of the Barbarian people, Br'nard has a deep misstrust for all things magical, he especially hates creatures such as Undead and Demons with a seething passion and will usaly attack such creatures on sight, even beings generally considered 'good' such as Angel's and Avian's, considering them not only un-natural but also "Too bloody arrogant by half!"
This misstrust also extends to races such as Elves and Drow, although he is more open to talking to such creatures as opposed to simply atacking them on sight.

Despite his odvious savage streak, Br'nard remains a Stalwart Warrior of great strength and experiance who will never quail in the face of danger and will stand fast till the end;
His true ambition in life is to meet a Heroic death in battle which will allow him to enter the Halls of Valhalla to feast and drink beside his ancestors, and beloved wife, for the rest of eternity!

Equipment

Scantly clad in scraps of fur and leather armour, his exposed skin covered in either scars, tattoos or woad the Barbarian cuts a savage sight, and in the way of most Warriors, his weapons are his most valued pocession;
Br'nard is usaly seen weilding either a large two handed Broadsword or a savage double headed battleaxe, he wears both weapons slung across his broad back, sheathed in a fur lined leather battle harness which makes up much, if not all of his upper bodys armour.

In addition to these weapons, Br'nard also carries a large hunting knife at his belt, as well as a selection of basic wilderness survival equipment, such as flints, feild dressing, a rope & grappel... oh and his hip-flask too, of course!

History

The call of the open road and the song of battle has always sounded loud in Br'nards' heart, and so the life of a roaving nomad, hired sword and wandering adventurer has always suited him, the Barbarian has travled the length and bredth of shores both far and near, fought on many feilds and is most definetly a seasoned Warrior with many impressive feats to his name.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Damn. I haven't really done as much work on my own characters for this RP as I would've liked, mostly because I was celebrating the fact that my internet connection's now back to normal; it had been unbearably slow for the past few weeks. XD

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:36 pm

No worries. Life gets in the way sometimes, and other times, when you have nothing else better to do before and after working evening shifts ((Yawn)). I haven't had internet for awhile, myself. I decided to go with mobile broadband so I could take it anywhere on my little Netbook (this thing does nearly everything for me). I'm mainly relaxing during the in-between stage of After-Xmas-But-Before-Valentine's-Day of retail. :D In any case, it looks like I've completed every single introduction for the "unlocked" places save for Thaya itself. I will add the port town/city of Arn tonight, since to me, that makes more sense than the underground land of Dwarves. More people can come by sea than by land. That makes this RP officially open, I suppose. I can't do much more atm, that is, until I know who is where. Anyway, I'm off to eat breakfast (or lunch if you're not a night owl like me) and get ready for my 3 p.m. shift at work in an hour and a half. I should be on tonight, though I am expecting to get in touch with an old friend by phone, so I won't be as prompt as I have been.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rill on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Aaah well, I take that as a compliment, cheers :)
Yeah feel free to use the ole Bio as a template if ya wish :D

Rill
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:18 pm

I'll get a bit more work done on the first of my two (yes, two) characters. I'm hoping to get both finished around noon tomorrow, assuming things go smoothly. I might take some time off of these duties to play Psychonauts later. Gods, I love Steam! ^^

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:34 pm

No problem, Rill, and Templar, I am pleased to hear you are taking time out to work on your characters. I, myself, have put the finishing touches on all the locations I've made available. As it stands, the introductions are virtually done for all of them. I'll worry about getting icons to work for all places. The introduction for the RPG is complete, as well. I can't think of anything else to add, so if you guys have additional input, now is the time! Other than that, all systems are go.

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPK on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:23 pm

i was wondering if my character got submitted for approval his name is Pestifere Pia Pium if not plz tell me i dont want to submit him again and again just send me a message or post here again thank you
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. It is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.-Marianne Williamson

RPK
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPK on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:05 am

how should i enter the main quest should i find the fade (assassin) wandering lost in the forest that surrounds old forest road

RPK
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:10 am

Enter wherever you wish, and let the coins of fate fall where they will. As for me, I am going to bed within a few minutes, so I may not post for a few hours yet. Take your time, the world isn't going anywhere. :)

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:17 am

Oh yes, in case I have not already made obvious my intent with the "World of Ruyn" location, I'm saving that strictly for goings on outside of the actual campaign, so there is a big "Keep off the Grass" sign sitting right in front of it. Let us pretend it is behind the fourth wall, for the time being, unless we get into some sort of collaborative effort that is agreed upon in the future. For now, just focus on the rest! ;)

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Don't worry, I'm not dead yet! I'm still working on my characters though! XD

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sylwyn on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Of course, you may not be. Not much to say for myself. I feel like the walking dead. Holidays suck in retail. Glad the two top crappy ones on my list are over! I have cleared up the little mishap left by the wonderful Pestifere, or whatever his name was, though you probably won't get to see the strange posts left as he erased the others and still has not responded since I preemptively booted him. We shall see. For now, other than what I have stated previously, I will also add that to re-sanctify the introductions to the game, I have marked the introductions as they should stand with the first handful of words in bold for each post. Whatever format or style you choose to use, gentlemen, and future ladies, is your prerogative. I haven't quite figured out how to make the "character's story," as in posting IC, so while I fiddle about with learning the coding and whatnot, you more experienced Gateway folk do whatever it is you do best. I'll follow suit!

Sylwyn
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!