Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sci-Fi Action RP! I Want YOU!!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Sci-Fi Action RP! I Want YOU!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Hey guys, I've had another brainwave!

I had the idea when I was walking home last night,

It's set in the year 2048. Pollution and global warming are terms that are rarely used, as the problems were resolved in 2026. Science has taken huge leaps and bounds in recent years. Medical breakthroughs have meant free healthcare for everyone, there are no diseases, no illness, nanotechnology means people are living longer and keeping healthy bodies, regardless of what they do, limbs are no longer replaced with prosthetics but replaced with mechanical parts that act a hundred times better than the organic counterparts. Even the life expectancy has shot through the roof with the oldest person alive hitting 210.

There is no war, all countries are economically equal and are constantly trading with one another, comfortable under the banner of the UE council [United Earth] which was created when the United Nations fell in 2014.

Everything seems perfect in the world... save for what comes next.

Scientists developed a large device consisting of two, giant pylons standing 100metres from each other with an exact pair elsewhere in the world [Alaska]. They are being tested as the first stage in Teleportation Technology.
But when they open the door... they might let something out...

what do ya'll think?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GhaKha
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Sci-Fi Action RP! I Want YOU!!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:24 pm

I somehow get the feeling it's going to turn into Half Life. Am I right?
Favorite. Letter. Ever: ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Hey Ghakha I'll join.. sounds good
ImageImageImageImageImage

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Uhm, mega nerds with crowbars.... hmm no, sorry, this isnt revenge of the nerds Rin.

The things that come through the door are going to be from the Nightrealm! ^_^ yay! roleplays to tie with another roleplay and my writing! ^_^

GhaKha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Heheh. Half life is hardly a geek's thing, but, I'm not here to argue the wherebys and bygones. This is, however, interesting sounding. I'd be happy to join.

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilentButterflies on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:40 pm

I think I'd give it ago. Sounds awesome ^^

SilentButterflies
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Greeter Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Tehe, we could probably argue over it for hours, but I digress!

I'm glad you two are interested! And it's bloody awesome to see you again Anexia!

GhaKha
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxanexiaxX on Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:51 pm

haha yea you too! hows it going?

XxanexiaxX
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chexmix5 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:01 pm

I'm interested, the last Sci-fi roleplay i was in lasted a long time, then died in the sequel.

chexmix5
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liiamm on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:08 pm

I'd love to Join ! If you're still accepting :]

Liiamm
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abstract Calamity on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:10 pm

Sounds almost like Ghost in the Shell combined with Doom. Consider me interested.
"The night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies.
The contract, is it worth the price?
A soul pledged to the darkness.
Now I've lost it, I know I can kill.
The truth is just beyond the Gate!"

Abstract Calamity
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GhaKha on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:15 pm

I'm going to make an OOC.

Look here, or in the recent threads for it.

reach-t30891.html

You guys aint that interested?

GhaKha
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!