Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sector Konig Chapter One: A warm welcome

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Sector Konig Chapter One: A warm welcome

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Sun May 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Why is it that everywhere I go, people seem to die? Kris wondered to himself as he walked down the empty, wrecked streets. He had come in through the Southern Gate, where he expected to find a heavily guarded entrance. The gate, however, had been smashed, and the guards were little more than bloodstains. Still though, he was glad to be out of the forests, having spent the last few days running out of supplies and being stalked by a pack of wild dogs. He was heading in a roughly Northerly direction, in the hope of finding someone who would know what the hell had happened here. He walked slowly down the streets between the ruined buildings, alert for any sounds. He could hear bots moving around in the distance, but nothing in the immediate vicinity. This was hardly the salvation I was expecting, perhaps I should go back down South towards the Portsmouth Bastion? he thought as he crossed the road.
He was halfway across when he heard a man's voice saying "Shit.", and the sound of someone drawing a blade. Snapping around, he instantly assessed the situation a few yards ahead of him. There was a battered looking bloke with a few bits of shrapnel sticking out of him facing off against two bots. What the hell!? Was that guy holding a sword!? That meant he was either insane, or some kind of Mage or Armourslayer. He hoped it was the first one, Mages and Armourslayers just made him feel so...inferior. Ordinarily he would've left the guy to his fate, enabling himself to get away, but Kris needed answers. He needed to know if the weeks he had spent journeying through the British "countryside" (rainforest, more like it) had been wasted or not. He quickly unslung his missile launcher, dropping in an explosive rocket. It was made out of the head of a bot with a hand grenade where the neck should be. He pulled the pin, careful not to release the lever as he slid it down into the tube. He racked the slide once, twice, set it on his shoulder, took a second to aim and squeezed the trigger.
With a *pung* of escaping air the missile flew towards the lefternmost bot. He watched it streak through the air and smack into the back of it's right knee. The resultant explosion took the bot by surprise, with it suddenly realising it no longer had a right leg below the knee, and it toppled sideways, using its accomplice for support. Kris allowed himself a moment of triumph- it had been a perfect shot. He just hoped his new "friend" hadn't been caught in the firestorm, and that he would be able to help him fight off the bots. After all, Kris hadn't spent the last four years collecting ammunition to lose it all now...
Should a machine not function upon striking the panel marked 'on' this is an omen of great ill. The operator must repeat the ritual from the beginning re-purifying himself, enscribing the runes, intoning the incantations, and again striking the panel marked 'on'. Should this procedure fail, the operator must recourse to consulting the instruction manual...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Mon May 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Watching intently, Leonide awaited a response from somebody, a laugh, chuckle, or guffaw. Sadly, no such sounds arrived at his ears, which disheartened him slightly. However, his request for his mech's repair had been swiftly, if rather rudely, answered. Within a minute the fluid was replaced and the hole fixed. Shrugging off the man's remarks, Leonide graciously replied with "thank you" before smiling to himself; Wrath was the only thing keeping him from being eaten by the metallic motherfuckers, and she needed to stay in tip top shape. If she could be upgraded for additional mobility (running was the first thing to enter his mind), then he would be able to work on its weapons systems, which he felt required more versatility.

As he began to wander off into the intricate world of his own imagination, a feminine voice returned him to reality. His eyes fixated on a rather pretty woman, about the age of 20 or so, his exact guess was uncertain. She appeared hesitant, but still spoke to Leonide and the odd tech junkie that stood adjacent.

"Hey fellas, could i ask you two to give me a hand? The owner of that mech," She pointed to the recently fainted pilot, "He might be there for a while. There's some minor damage to the legs that could use repair, but thats not all. Since he might be out for a while, and it's going to be a waste to leave him here, can someone help me get him to the scout seat, and teach me the basic movement controls for his mech?"

Leonide let slip a smile. Subconsciously his mind was set as it usually was; he would teach her how to pilot the mech to the best of his ability, in exchange for the services she offered. They seemed quite helpful in a world where the loss of your mech's life may as well be yours. Turning slightly to face the fainted man, Leonide responded with a brief "Alright, deal", before walking over to the man and eying the girl in a silent communication stating "come help".

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Tue May 11, 2010 6:58 am

"...Fine" he grunted as he hit Leonide on the back of the head. He held out a hand. "Don't touch my mech, Alright?" he said bluntly. As he pushed his way past and took to the position of the other mech. He abruptly slammed his boot on the mechs leg. "Open the fuck up." he yelled at the mech rather loudly. He wasn't one for subtlety. "If you don't wake the fuck up, I'm going to scavenge your mech."

"Got it?" He said rather factually. As he took his boot off the leg and slammed into the ground. He had meant everyword, as he pointed towards the woman. "You!, What's his name?"
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Megraw on Wed May 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Kaun stood roughly fifteen feet away from the two warriors, waiting for them to make a move. He looked behind him hearing the man with the makeshift rocket launcher behind him just in time to see the rocket fly by Kaun. He grinned to himself thinking that he may yet survive this encounter, charging the warriors keeping in mind the explosion that toppled one of the warriors. He aimed himself for the second warrior, who was already charging toward him. Kaun picked up his speed the most he could in the short distance between him and the machine.

His sword brought up, Kaun cleaved from the side at the machine. The machine reaching out to grab Kaun had it's arm torn through by his sword.
Kaun slid across the ground a few feet from his momentum, taking swipe at his feet from the first robot. Kaun tripped over, falling onto the ground.
He grabbed the closest thing near him which was part of the second warrior's severed arm. He shoved it down at the first robot that had it's mouth open about to devour Kaun's leg. Instead the robot fed on the large chunk of metal, causing it to stop and start prying the stuck limb out. Kaun started to getup, getting the hell out of the way of the robots, hoping his new found ally may be able to finish the job.

Megraw
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Thu May 13, 2010 12:01 pm

The bloke with the sword was definitely an Armourslayer. Great. Once he got out of this he'd probably become some kind of sidekick. Oh well, the deed was done now, he had to finish it and help the guy kill the bastard robots. If he was honest with himself though, he found the guy's strenth awe inspiring, as he watched him slice the arm off one of the mechs. Clearly he was struggling though, as he tripped and one of them almost devoured his leg. He almost wished it had been him in that position just so that he could drop a rocket into its mouth. Then again, if he was that close, he would probably already be dead. "I think the fuckers have forgotten about me!" He said, laughing to himself. He was already dropping in another rocket, this one an "impaler". He made it by taking the body of a rocket and replacing the explosive with a 2ft spike, made out of whatever material was available. This time he racked the slide three times for extra power before firing it into the open mouth of the second mech. The rocket flew threw the air, almost too fast to follow, whistling as it went. It flew into the mouth of the robot, and carried on going, the spike protruding from the back of its head. It made a strange whirring sound as it tried to swallow something that was impaled within it, its movements slowing.
"Damnation." he muttered. The shot would prove fatal for the robot, but not immediately. It probably had enough power left for one, maybe two minutes of operation. Unfortunately that was still plenty of time for it to kill his wounded ally. What he hadn't noticed, though, was the first mech crawling towards him, at least not until it was right in front of him, and reaching out with its arms. "HELP!" he shouted "Shitshitshitshitshit!" Even as he smacked it round the side of the head with the launcher tube and backed out of its grasp. Maybe he should just bug out and let this Armourslayer deal with it, if he was so vastly superior...Either that or just give in and die. Whatever happened, it was definitely not going to be the second option.

elloit
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Thu May 13, 2010 12:57 pm

alright deal and fine... were the responses she had gotten from the two mech pilots. Subconsciously she had expected a ruder welcoming, maybe catcalls and jeers of some sort. The doctors at the hospital had told stories to her about the vulgarity and wiles of a lot of the mech pilots. Perhaps those stories didn't apply to these two, or perhaps the day's events had taken their toll on everyone's emotions.

As she pondered, the Russian flashed her a smile and she delivered one back. Thats more like i was expecting! Emily thought to herself. The russian's smile make her feel a little bit more comfortable, at least with him she knew what she was dealing with. As the three made their way over to the yet unrepaired Mech, the robotic looking guy seemed to get angry, stamping on the leg of the mech and hollering at the unconscious pilot. Abruptly he pointed at Emily seemingly angrily. "You!, What's his name?"

Emily responded a little hotly, the threat to scavenge a perfectly useful mech because the pilot was down and out made her angry. "How the hell should i know? It's not like we had the time to exchange pleasantries with a bunch of warriors trying to eat us." She glared a bit at the cyborg guy before finally looking up, finding that the Russian was already in the Mech, giving her a come and help look by looking at her and then at the pilot. She climbed up into the mech ready to assist. "Hey be a bit careful with his ribs, he took a nasty hit from a warrior before I could help him." Together, the two managed to get the unconscious pilot to the scout seat of his own mech, the Russian grabbing him under the armpits, and Emily holding his legs.

"The name's Jayda, thanks for the help." Emily looked at the Russian hopefully. "So about driving this thing..."
Last edited by DarkManticoreX2 on Fri May 14, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Megraw on Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Kaun rolled out of the way, regaining his footing and sword. "I think the fuckers have forgotten about me!" He heard his ally shout, loading another rocket into his device. Kaun ducked under the second machine's one arm as it was impaled by the projectile. He then swung at the machine in it's disoriented state. Kaun's sword cleaved through the piece of it's body connecting it with it's legs. He takes a few steps back, shaking his left hand at the sting of cleaving his sword through steel.

The armorslayer looks over to his ally, seeing the machine attempting to eat him. "Hold on!" He shouts, running with a jump halfway. He twists his sword to point down as he jumps, impaling the sword through the machine's chest. The machine sparking under the blade as it tries to swat at Kaun. He looks to his ally. "If you have anything, take this out so we don't have to wait... And thankyou. I'm not sure I could have taken these two by myself."

He looks behind himself at the top half of the second warrior twitching. :: Maybe if I wasn't injured. Still always the chance of dying but still. I'm damn lucky he showed up. :: Kaun thinks to himself as he looks back to his new ally, his own face still covered black from the explosion earlier. "Do you wish to stick with me?" He asks calmly, keeping the machine pinned.

Megraw
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Fri May 14, 2010 2:08 pm

"Don't you fucking try it." He pointed towards Jayda. "You 'ain't got the skill, you haven't even read the manuals and shit." "Your better off running off and getting yourself raped by a warrior." "That's how useless you will be." He grumbled angrily barely audible under his breath. He perked up. "IF you want to pilot it, I'll teach you." "But your not going to be the best got it?" He said bluntly as he pointed towards her. "Now, If you don't mind.." He grumbled he flung a radio towards her. "If your piloting it, Best to keep in contact." "It's the end of the world!" He cackled and jumped into his mech. A loud yell of pain as the cables shot visibly into his back with a 'Zzap'. He flexed his arm causing the mech to spring to life. He made punching movements and caused the mech to jolt forward and perform several practice punches.

He chuckled slightly. "Right, Well, All mech pilots. Your under my command, Got it?" He said commandingly to the people below him, which were quite dwarfed as he walked, well stomped over to Jayda "You said you could help?"

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Fri May 14, 2010 11:32 pm

It looked like the old bastard wasn't as suicidal as he was crazy, as the mine at his feet seemed to snap him out of his rage-induced stupor. Reaper watched warily, hand still gripping the detonator, as Paul slowly made his way back to find a seat in the dark corner near the collapsed tunnel entrance. The older man proceeded to stare off at some unknown target and mutter something that Reaper didn't quite catch.

Well, now that that little episode is over... the younger man walked back over to the claymore and snatched up the explosive with a practiced ease, slipping it into one of the overly wide back pockets of his dark jeans. The sodden fur coat was next, heavy with water and flecked with dirt and dust. Devlin grimaced, noticing the bootprint he'd stamped onto the black fur in the scuffle. Then he noticed it. Looking past the coat and into the pile of rubble obscuring the entrance, an oddly metallic hand half covered in dirt and offal protruded. A warrior.

"Well shit. That's not good at all." without missing a beat, Reaper made a quick pace past the gabbing pilots, tossing the wet coat onto the leg of Cyber's mech. The pale young man arrived at the downed machine--passing the sluice of mangled corpses fallen fromFong's mech without flinching-- and scowled slightly, straining to listen past the small din of arguements, cursing and smalltalk. It was quite hard actually. He heard some bits of conversation; Something about teaching someone how to operate a mech. Waking up the unconcious asian guy. Repair...and finally, he could hear it. A dull thud, like a heavy heartbeat coming from somewhere beyond the fallen stone. Reaper's gaze grew glassy and distant for a moment before he spun on his heel, looking back to the assembled group. They had all moved around a bit, Cyber's mech had been fired up and that woman...Emily, had climbed into a mecha compartment. How long had he been standing there, he wondered.

No matter. It was about time to move anyway.

Reaper smoothed out his dark hair and walked past the talking trio, flipping the luxurious fur coat off of the machine and back onto his shoulders. The thing was almost perfectly dry now, the heat thrown off by Cyber's mech evaporating most of the moisture. The warmth felt pleasant against his skin, but not so much against the little puncture wounds against his shoulders. He ignored the heat though, and moved to the front of the survivors once more.

"Oi! Time to go. Yeah, yeah, it's only been like, twenty minutes, but quite franky: I don't give a shit. Sooo," he glanced at the still prone Fong, and halted mid-sentence. Reaper stomped over to the still form and raised a booted foot to stomp the man's head in...but thought better of it. Intead, he grabbed a handfull of hair, yanking Fong's head back none too gently and yelled; "We need to go. The bots probably have a good idea of where we are, and are comin' for some brunch." and left it at that, letting the man slump back down to his own devices.

"So! Come with me and live. Stay here and die. The choice is yours." and, leaving the implied threat hanging, the young saboteur made an about-face and began walking down the tunnel arch-ways, just slow enough to let whoever the hell was coming catch up. Faintly, he could hear the thrumming getting louder.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Sat May 15, 2010 1:02 am

Emily looked quizzically at Cyber as he ranted "Don't you fucking try it." He pointed at her "You 'ain't got the skill, you haven't even read the manuals and shit." "Your better off running off and getting yourself raped by a warrior." "That's how useless you will be." Emily didn't quite catch that last part as the man grumbled to himself "IF you want to pilot it, I'll teach you." "But your not going to be the best got it?" He said, pointing at her again.

"I don't want to be the best" Emily replied, "I just want to be able to move it until the real pilot gets back in the game." The man snorted, clearly not listening. "Now, If you don't mind.." He grumbled, flinging a radio at her, which she promptly fumbled and dropped. "If your piloting it, Best to keep in contact." "It's the end of the world!" He said the last part madly, laughing as he jumped into his mech.

Emily picked up the radio, and climbed into Fong's mech, along with Reaper who appeared surprisingly behind her. He stomped over to Fong, raising his boot to stomp on the Pilot's face. She spoke up "What are you doing? leave him alone, get out of here." Reaper looked like he considered her words and instead yelled at the unconscious pilot before kicking off the mech, back to the ground.

"So! Come with me and live. Stay here and die. The choice is yours." Reaper hollered at the group. Emily hopped into fong's Pilot seat and touched her radio. "So how do i start..GAH" Emily's voice was cut off by the projected voice of cyber's mech "YOU SAID YOU COULD HELP?" It bellowed.

Emily touched the radio again "Yeah i can do a lot of stuff, just get me started and moving, and the next pit stop we get i'll help you upgrade what I can on your mech. I don't need to shoot or anything, I just need to be able to walk." She sincerely hoped upgrading his mech was all the pilot wanted.

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Sat May 15, 2010 1:07 am

Brenda watched as the man who had attacked Reaper backed away. Well that was a major let down. She'd been hoping to see something interesting, but hey, you can't always get what you want. She didn't bother to watch Reaper after that point, she found a comfortable niche in the tunnel wall and watched as everyone was busy with the mechs. What was so amazing about those mechs anyway? Yeah, sure they held off the bots, but they weren't very effective machines for anything else. They broke easily, they were just bot corpses, and they didn't provide much protection for their pilots. She glanced over at the mech with the mangled corpses of the dead. It only proved her point even more, if only her virus had worked.

Brenda was quite relaxed against the wall when she heard Reaper speak. Looking over, she listened as he told them that it was time to go. Well, that didn't take long at all, not that it matter. She wondered if the mechs were even in good enough repair to move, but once again, it didn't really matter. What mattered was survival, her survival as a matter of fact. She had no one to protect, so for the time being, no one came before her life. Slowly, Brenda pulled herself up off the ground and walked closer to the crowd while Reaper yelled at an unconscious man. She found it abnormally strange that he should remain incapacitated for so long.

As soon as she saw Reaper walking again, Brenda began to follow. She knew that if this guy made these tunnels, he would know the way out. That would be the obvious reason why he was leading them, or maybe that was a fool's thought. Perhaps it was more of an experiment for the psychotic man to have fun with. How long will these people last in endless tunnels in hopes to escape the gaping jaws of the bots? It was a rather paranoid thought, but a valid one all the same. How could you trust someone known for being insane? Of course, Brenda didn't exactly have a choice in the matter. She knew too well it was better to keep moving then stay in one place, it was safer.

Koritai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Sat May 15, 2010 6:51 am

Kris stood panting for some moments, doubled over. He had nearly died. That had almost been it for him. Slowly he stood up, getting his breathing under control, and reverting to his usual self.
"If you have anything, take this out so we don't have to wait... And thankyou. I'm not sure I could have taken these two by myself." said the Armourslayer from atop the fallen warrior. He initially considered just leaving it there to spasm and die.The problem with that, of course, was that it would probably draw in other mechs to the prospect of a living meal. Taking out another impaler he racked the slide once before firing into the robot's cranium, point blank. It jerked once, then died, it's eyes dimming. "Pull that out for me, would you? I only have a couple left.", he told the Armourslayer, "And you're welcome, I guess. I doubt I'd have been able to take on both of them either." Walking back to where he'd dumped his backpack, he hefted the weight onto his shoulders. It was made from two millitary bergens sewn together, and packed full of ammunition of various kinds. He grunted slightly as the weight was once more returned to him, but after carrying it around for the better part of his life he hardly noticed it.
"Do you wish to stick with me?" the man replied.
Kris looked him up and down, taking in the shrapnel wounds, before answering "In your condition? I reckon you should be thinking about that the other way around. Besides, what the hell happened here!? This place is supposed to be some kind of fortress against the bots, but all I see is a poorly defended ruin!" With that he turned off and walked into a building, looking for salvage. Either the Armourslayer would follow, or he wouldn't. Now that the immediate danger was past, Kris didn't care either way.

elloit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sat May 15, 2010 10:21 am

The brain was a complex thing, administering to all needed functions of the human body while consuming at least 40% of all oxygen intake. Powerful enough for intuitive and quick thinking, yet frail enough to condemn a human to death if damaged in any way. It is a double-edged sword, cutting the enemy as easily as it could cut oneself.

With a near concave rib cage, Fong's brain immediately began trying to shut him down in order to begin the healing process much quicker. Despite Fong's immense intelligence, not even his brain could mend twelve broken ribs in less than an hour, much less twenty minutes. One would be talking about days of recovery, with the span of unconsciousness lasting at least a day. However, the wounded sometimes don't get the rest one deserves, and are awakened by the ignorant and impatient. This lead to the decline of the group in general, disunity, and one semi-conscious liability.

However, they would not be deterred.

"Open the fuck up." he yelled at the mech rather loudly. He wasn't one for subtlety. "If you don't wake the fuck up, I'm going to scavenge your mech." A voice snarled in the darkness, broken but heard.

A dull throb; nothing compared to the pain in his chest, followed by "We need to go. The bots probably have a good idea of where we are, and are comin' for some brunch."

Voices before echoed harmlessly in the quiet blackness, slowly disturbing the healing sniper.

His brain sprung from dull REM cycles, quickly going over basic cycles to check for injury. At one point, Fong heard a string of Cantonese Chinese mixed with English fly through his brain. Slowly, the sniper plucked feebly around for his only form a self defense outside the mech, his rifle. He found it at the outer extremeties of his reach, and grabbed it. His eyes responded to the dull stimuli next, opening to reveal a blearily visioned world. He didn't move, but listened. Saw. Smelled.

Computers, on my mech. Wind, Bullet drop, and Horizon measurements. This is my mech. The scout seat. Woman talking behind me. Familiar voice, the one that survived the Shell's bullets. Other voices. projected mech voice claiming angry disappointment. Unrecognizable. Possible situation of being captured. Disregard, woman speaks casually and calmly. More unidentifiable voices. Other survivors. Feeling of great pain. Ribs have not healed, possibly only minutes after I went out.

The woman was apparently learning how to walk his mech to the nearest check point, after hearing her talk into the radio about it. The angry voice seemed to be what she was pleading at, which appeared to be in charge. Of course, Fong was in no viable condition to teach, unless he used the scout moniters to track her movement. Even then, teaching would be clumsy. However, they haven't even begun teaching yet, which was pretty amazing.

There was no way the Sniper could pilot his mech just yet. He felt the bandages, and knew somebody had patched them up. He knew his ribs were secure, but piloting the mech would jostle his bones and possibly be too much for him. Falling unconscious out of a punctured lung or other major organ mid-stride would be very, very bad. Especially when the doctors didn't make it.

A hot flash of anger and guilt flushed the sniper, reminding himself of the horrible moment when the shell had unleashed heavy machine gun fire into his mech's legs. Luckily there was more armor where the core functions were, but not enough near the outer areas to keep mobility a strength of his mech.

Damn it. He thought bitterly. As a sniper, Fong wasn't used to letting heavy casualties fall on his faults. He worked alone, and when a scout dies he was usually very valuable. Along with any family, Fong would attend his/her improvised funerals if he could get the body home. This time, he couldn't even do that. The boy probably didn't have any family when he got mowed down by machine gun fire. A candle, snuffed out by an odd wind. Death and chaos was usually at the hands of a skilled sniper, not a raging mob of warriors. If only those warehouses hadn't been absolutely vaporized during the initial assault...

Fong decided to stay put, and see how the girl piloted the mech. If she did reasonably well, he'd let her pilot until his ribs healed properly. If not, well, Fong would have to take the "wheel" so to speak. He did remember something about an angry voice threatening to scrap his mech. He regarded that with slight contempt. To even think about recycling his mech's long-shot cannon was inconceivable, a powerful cannon that could easily punch straight through a shell's famed armor. And his mech was the only mobile mech that could use it properly, seeing as the long shot was fairly fragile as a weapon due to its long (if reinforced) barrel. Defensive mechs, which usually took the brunt of an assault would ruin the long-shot beyong repair. An attacker mech would not be able to utilize it to the best of it's ability, due to the long reload time in between the seven powerful rounds that loosed from the cannon.

He would have to be acquainted with more of these people later, but in this current situation, it would be rude to go out and do so. He was uncomfortable with so many people focusing on his mech. His mech stayed in the shadows, bringing judgement on one warrior at a time with one pull of the trigger. His mech was specialized to stay out of sight, hidden, the special metals coating it reflecting tracking waves and hiding from heat sensors.

Fong slowly leaned back into the Scout chair, his left arm rising to open the worn program that let him communicate with the pilot seat without turning around. In sniper missions, ofter face-to-face communication was key when arriving or escaping a sniping spot. Once in the sniping spot, the program was usually minimized for awhile as they both read data and relayed it to each other so the enemy would be brought down in a single shot.

"I'm simply spectating." He said apologetically, as a small box in the pilot seat's center computer monitor flashed to life from a standby mode. "I can't quite move yet, much less pilot a mech.

ยง

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Megraw on Mon May 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Kaun withdrew his sword from the now dead warrior, wiping it off across the ground before sliding it across his back. He nodded to Kris, pulling out the impaler. "Interesting weapon." He said tossing the projectile to Kris. He nods to his statement, wondering if he should take that as an insult. "I do not know how the robots were able to attack the convent. But it started with what I believe were the mech garages being blown up." He says, following the man. "Then artillary fire, and the bots charging in from all the entrances. The convent is still full of the machines but they are likely centered at the square with all the bodies lying around. That is also where any other survivors are, they caved in a tunnel by an explosive killing quite a few and almost myself..." He keeps himself at a soft tone careful not to speak too loudly. "I think our best bet would be to leave the city while we can. Only more of those things going to show up, and with just us we won't stand up against too much. "Though this all being if you aren't going to leave me, I'll take it that your not but I never know these things..."

Megraw
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TwilightShade on Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 am

Leonide dropped to the wayside of the conversation while the woman whom had identified herself as Jayda and the cyber-esque man began a pseudo-argument. While mostly paying attention and partially musing on unrelated subjects, his ears picked up on some rather unwanted news. Reaper had began talking, and given his latest actions, it was likely to be something quite unexpected.

"Oi! Time to go. Yeah, yeah, it's only been like, twenty minutes, but quite franky: I don't give a shit. Sooo,"

"God damn it." Leonide muttered under his breath as he remembered his promise to teach Jayda how to operate the mech. "Just a quick sum up before I go, Jayda, those two large sticks riddled with the various gizmos there should be the manual movement control. Don't worry about the other stuff for now; if you show piloting ability you can learn about the other stuff later. This dude here," he pointed to the owner of the mech, "should be able to tell you about starting the thing up. It usually differs from machine to machine, so I wouldn't be able to give you a 100% certain explanation. Anyway, I gotta go."

"So! Come with me and live. Stay here and die. The choice is yours."

Walking briskly, Leonide strode over to the now repaired Wrath, and opened the piloting dock. Getting inside, he fluently initiated the startup sequence for both the OS and the movement system, deciding to leave the weapons systems off to conserve power. They could be started fairly quickly in case of an ambush. However, the one thing Wrath couldn't do terribly well was walk. Designed for long distance leaps in open fields and hills, she didn't particularly exceed expectations in mere walking. But underground, where the impacts on the ground could cause the whole structure to cave, walking was the only legitimate option.

TwilightShade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elloit on Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 am

"Yeah, I gathered that there were bots around." Kris replied as he sifted through the rubble, "And there's no way I'm staying in this ruin, but if we're going back out there" he gestured in the direction of the forest "we're going to need supplies. That means we have to scavenge them from this place before we go. Besides, it'll be dark soon, and you don't want to be out there at night. Its not nice being hunted by the wildlife." Lifting one piece of rubble he punched the air in triumph- it was a fridge, and still intact. He opened it, and the grin fell from his face- it was empty. "I'm not leaving you, if you're not leaving me. Help me find some food, and then we'll find a way out of here." he was being honest here, even if the Armourslayer was making him feel comlpetely weak and inferior, he didn't really want to be without company. "I'm Kris, by the way." he added, holding out a hand. At least the guy hadn't ignored what he was saying because of his age, as most adults did. Reaching up with the other hand, he rubbed at his patch. That eye always itched when bots were around, as though he had some sort of sixth sense...or was just very lucky. Probably the second one, he thought to himself.

elloit
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Megraw on Tue May 18, 2010 11:58 pm

"The markets are to the north east, the only problem with that is running into bots." He says shifting his eyes around for supplies. "If we can get even a small amount of supplies we can survive on our own. I can show you how to make traps for predators." He says, picking up a jacket that he pushes off to the side. Kaun looks over to him with a nod. "We should attempt to leave sooner then later, I think we can both agree that predators are less dangerous then the bots." He says with a grin. "Kaun." He says, shaking hands with him. "So how did you end up here, if you don't mind me asking?"

Megraw
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Wed May 19, 2010 9:58 am

The hissing of pistons and the heavy stomp of his mech was the loudest and heaviest of all mechas probably. He flexed his mecha around punching the air and watching as various weapons systems popped up on his HUD. He looked down at Brenda. "Need a ride?" He questioned, his voice booming from his mech yet keeping in it's down to business tone. He thought of a the secondary room compartment opening up and it did so with a groan and a loud bang as a ramp and a seat behind cyber and his scavenged rig. He jammed a finger at the comfy looking chair behind him. "You better get in if you want to live beyond meeting a warrior." He shrugged, causing his mech to swing it's arms up carelessly. "Just a question, Do you like metal?" "As in the music." He laughed.

"Oi! Time to go. Yeah, yeah, it's only been like, twenty minutes, but quite franky: I don't give a shit. Sooo," "Wow, That guy has a stick up his ass." He mumbled quietly, luckily his mech didn't amplify it. He pointed towards Wraith giving him a salute. "Your coming with me." He boomed, pointing his mech's finger behind him. He extended his fists with underslung weapons. He took the two pilot sticks in hand, activating his radio.

Brenda would have a couple of seconds before the mecha started to move.

"You're going to need how to do more than walk, once we get out there." He then added. "Also, If the dude behind you is awake, please tell him to wake the fuck up, piloting a mech, doesn't require that much effort." He shook his head and advanced, following Reaper looking quite peculair with his mechas larger and stronger gait walking him beside him like some type of battle-brother.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Wed May 19, 2010 5:26 pm

As Brenda walked she heard the thunderous sound of mech feet drumming on the ground. She payed no mind, until she heard a voice call out, "Need a ride?" Looking up at the mech, Brenda realized that it was the man she'd helped before and he was speaking to her. She watched as a compartment opened up and a ramp formed. She was hesitant at first, but the man made a valid point about the warriors. So she climbed up the ramp to the seat and sat down as the man asked if she liked metal music. "Yeah, sure, country is my only complaint." Brenda said as she got comfortable.

Of course, with her slight case of paranoia, Brenda couldn't really get too comfortable. She sat with her bag and AK-47 on her lap. She wasn't exactly one to trust strangers blindly, she was just smart enough to know what the smart choice would be. Trust wasn't a strong point of Brenda, after all she kept a knife in her boot and slept with a pistol. These weapons would do nothing against a warrior, so there was only one intelligent creature that it protected her from. Maybe it was a little beyond a slight case of paranoia, but, for the most part, it kept her alive, didn't it?

Koritai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkManticoreX2 on Wed May 19, 2010 9:28 pm

"Just a quick sum up before I go, Jayda, those two large sticks riddled with the various gizmos there should be the manual movement control. Don't worry about the other stuff for now; if you show piloting ability you can learn about the other stuff later. This dude here," he pointed to the owner of the mech, "should be able to tell you about starting the thing up. It usually differs from machine to machine, so I wouldn't be able to give you a 100% certain explanation. Anyway, I gotta go."

"Alight thanks" She told the Russian. She sat down in the pilot seat, poking one of identified control sticks. Suddenly the mech sprang to life. It had apparently been in standby mode since they had entered the tunnel, waiting for a command. The slight poke caused the mech to lurch forward slightly. Suddenly a small window opened up on the main computer ahead of her holding Fong's face, next to the view of the tunnel. "I'm simply spectating." The man said "I can't quite move yet, much less pilot a mech."

Emily spoke back to the program. Loud enough for the real pilot to hear her without the program. "You do realize you owe me a couple HUGE favors in the future right?" She said, grinning at the monitor. "The russian guessed that these sticks here are the movement controls. I'm guessing that the further i push then the faster I go, and if I pull back on them it activates the break?"

"Here goes nothing" she said, pushing the sticks forward at a 10 degree angle. The mech rocketed forward, much fasted then she expected, coming increasingly closer to the Russian's Mech. "WHOA WHOA WHOOOOOOOO" She pulled back hard on the sticks, preventing a crash, but causing the mech to turn sharply, the inertia causing her to be pressed into the pilot's seat and rocket back, even faster in the other direction. "JEEEEEZZZEEEE" She pushed the sticks in the opposite direction, decreasing the graduation of the sticks as the mech slowed down, pressing her into the seat again, until the mech came to a stop. "Now that was FUN" She yelled, smiling maniacally at the likely now sick looking Fong. "I think I've got the hang of it now". She tapped the control sticks to the right, pointing towards the indicated cave opening they needed to go through. "Let's go" With a smll push, the mech moved at a walking pace, catching up with the rest of the ready-to-leave group.

Looking at Fong's face again, Emily spoke up. "The name's Jayda, I have a feeling we're going to be getting to know each other pretty fast"

DarkManticoreX2
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!