Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

I'll Be Seeing You [ ic ]

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

I'll Be Seeing You [ ic ]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cinderstella on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:05 pm

... in all the old familiar places
"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." - Isadora James

Could this really be happening? It certainly seemed like everyone in Dakota Ashton's life that meant anything to her was leaving, whether it be by choice or by fate. The walls around her had slowly begun to crumble, and her sanity was loosing its tightness of grip. Stress was her only companion, especially in regards to her studies, but there was always social and family drama too. Right now, it was sisterly turmoil. The kind two siblings so close never thought they'd have to go through.

It had been just over six months since the incident. That incident being when Dakota found out that her little sister was pregnant... with her boyfriend's child. Eventually, she'd figured out that Charlotte's little "birthday surprise" was just a way to get to Aiden. A way to get what she wanted and have a good coverup. Well, what she thought was a good coverup.

Now, Dakota went to school in California, at Stanford. She studied business with the hopes of one day running her own. It was good that the university was a good thousand or so miles away from her home state of Texas. She needed to get away for a while; she needed to get a grip on her life. Her life without Aiden, but most of all, her life without Charlotte.

Kota was starting to do well. She was starting to somewhat get over what happened, and had made new friends at her new college. She had even gone on a couple of dates with this guy named Phil, but she somehow knew it wasn't going to go anywhere. He was just a distraction for her, and he knew it, but he didn't mind, obviously. She was on her way to the local coffee house when she received the dreadful phone call from her mother.

"Hola, mi amor..." said her mother's sweet voice.
"Hola, mama. Um, cómo estás?" Kota replied, confused at he unexpected call.
"Kota... you need to come home." Her mama replied, voice thick with a Hispanic accent and weighed down by some sort of sorrow that almost frightened Dakota.
"What? Por qué, mama?"
"There was an accident... your father... he..." and then, Kota heard the sadness leak into her mother's voice again, this time demonstrated with sobs.
"Cuál es el problema? ¿Qué es? Mama, what did papa do?" She was now apparently concerned, stopping to sit on a bench while she spoke on the phone.
"He was in a bad car accident. He didn't make it...se ha ido para estar con su Padre celestial."

Now, she was back at her dorm, packing her bags. The funeral was in the next couple of days, and her mother had begged her to come stay for a while. She managed to arrange everything with her professors, which she didn't necessarily want, but she had to. Her family needed her. Her mother needed her. If that meant seeing Charlotte, too, so be it.

The plane ride wasn't so bad, she got stuck next to a woman who was sneezing every minute or so and claimed to be allergic to the leather of the seats, but Dakota knew better, and she knew the lady was fighting a cold. She didn't feel like being rude and having her seat changed, though, so she endured. Within the next couple of hours, she was driving home in the back of a taxi.

Once she arrived, she paid the driver and headed to the front door. There was lots of hesitation before she knocked. Why had she knocked, anyways? Any other time, she would have just burst in and greeted everybody with a smile. What had changed?

"Viene, viene!" Her mother called from within in a rush. Soon, the door opened and there stood her beautiful mama, a Mexican woman with dark hair cut around her shoulders, and few strands of silver around her face as a sign of her age. Her skin was tanned and there were vague hints of wrinkles on her face, mostly at the corners of her eyes. She smiled a tearful smile before enveloping her daughter in a tight embrace. "I've missed you, cariño. Come in, let me help you with your bags..."

"I've got it, mama. Ellos no son tan pesados." Dakota smiled and lifted the suitcases inside, looking around and brushing the hair out of her face. "Where is everybody? La abuela y el abuelo?" she paused. "Y su tía Lucía y los niños?"

"The kids are in the living room with la abuela y el abuelo, and tía Lucía ran out to the tienda to pick up some ice and things."

"Oh, okay." Dakota didn't bother asking about Charlotte, and it was painfully obvious.

Follow my twitter. <3

also, check out my youtube stuff! music & more ;) http://www.youtube.com/user/destinyendearing

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cinderstella
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: I'll Be Seeing You [ ic ]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:11 pm

The smell of fresh paint and wood enveloped the empty house. There was alternative rock playing somewhere in one of the rooms, which echoed throughout the house and consistent hammer thumps. There was a middle-aged man talking outside on the phone, he looked considerably worried with the conversation. Around him, the house did certainly look new, the yard was still dirt, waiting for grass to be put in. Inside, Benji was putting in wood floor. The planks were thin, and he'd work it like a puzzle, setting in the right place and pounding a hammed wrapped with a thin towel to keep the wood in tact as they secured it to place. Half the room was done, the other half, soon to be. Currently, it was only Benji working on the floor, but eventually, his Uncle joined in him the room, tsking as he turned down the music.

Benji looked up at Uncle Joe, and upon seeing his expression, straightened up with the hammed thumping against his thigh idly. "What's up?"

"I just got a call from your dad, Mr. Ashton passed away," Joe spoke, leaning against the unfinished doorway, his hand resting on his waist in a fist, with the telephone clutched in it. In response to the news, Benji frowned, switching his weight from one foot to the other.

"Awh man, that's terrible. When?" he was genuinely affected by the news, but not in the same level that the Ashton family would feel.

"Just last night, don't know what happened to him though," Joe pushed off the doorway, walking over where Benji secured in a flank of wood and kicking it idly to check the pressure. "The funeral is in a couple of days."

"You think the whole family will be back?" Benji asked, an instant image of Dakota as he had remembered her years ago flashed in his head. No doubt she's changed as he had.

"They hav'ta be, what do you think? This ain't no holiday," Joe furrowed his brows over his eyes, an instant irritation flashing across his eyes. This meant they'd better get back to work without wasting time. After all, no need to halt their entire life over some news, as terrible as they are. Benji didn't say anything more after that, he just continued from where he left off.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticsunrise on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 pm

Aiden roused himself from bed, the pillow seeming to be clutching onto his face for him to lay there just a while longer. He knew that his fiancée, Charlotte, must be somewhere in the house, probably wandering around and thinking of all the misfortune that had just befallen her. His face twisted in a sad grimace and he bit his lip as he thought of how horrible it must be for her to lose her father; especially with a baby on the way. As the baby popped into his head, he bit his lip even harder. That night flashed before his eyes and he shut them just as tight as he could. He had messed up. That was the only reason he was here right now. The only reason he was with Charlotte. To please her mother, and make sure that the child didn't grow up without a father. His mind was racing a little wit thoughts of the past few months with her, but soon, he shook them all away and rolled himself out of bed.

After showering, dressing, and brushing his teeth he was ready to face the day, and anything it might hold. Or so he thought. As he started out of the bedroom door, he suddenly remembered something. If Mr. Ashton had died, that meant that Dakota would be coming home for his funeral. She would probably already be here, in this town. She was probably already with Mrs. Ashton, her mother, grieving over the loss of her father. Now, Denny wasn't really a man to acknowledge regret in his life, but what he did to Dakota was not something he was proud of. He had loved her, not irrevocably, he had fantasized of their life together maybe once or twice but he wasn't sure at all what he had wanted. All he knew right now, is that he wished he hadn't been unfaithful. Wished they'd parted on better terms, and were at least still friends. But, that didn't seem like something that was ever going to happen.
♥UCTigerette♥
♥ImagineThat!♥
♥RaeRaeButterfly♥
♥Music♥
♥Lavender♥
♥Aika♥
♥Nezzera♥
♥Ariki♥
♥Adrianna♥
♥Tæfarós♥
Forces unseen p u l l i n g strings in your heart
Everyone wants to feel safe in the dark.

♥OriginalSix♥

ClickHereIfYouWannaGiveMeLove;;

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Big Bang on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 am

Charlie sat outside on the front porch silently. She replayed everything she was told over and over again in her head. No tears streamed down Charlie's cheeks. She was frozen. How could something so terrible happen to such a wonderful man like her father. Charlie tugged on the tight fabric of her shirt and laid one hand across the swollen bump growing larger and large every day. She remembered when her father found out she was pregnant.
"Charlie! That's wonderful news!I finally am going to have a grandchild! Who is the lucky father?"
Just the memory of this made Charlie tremble with shame. Her father would never see his grandchild. He would never get to hold the bundle of joy in his arms and laugh his husky laugh as the child grasped at his large hand.
This sent A shiver through Charlie and in a matter of moments, Charlie was violently shaking with sobs. Her body was rocking with the sobs and her breathing had become short and shallow.
Charlie remained like that for the longest time. Letting the cool air of the morning chill her as she cried. Her Dark hair fell in front of her face for she didn't want Aiden to come out and see her like this. Shakily standing up, Charlie brushed the hair from her face and hastily wiped furiously at her nose and cheeks. Charlie looked at her baby bump and felt sick to her stomach. She was too selfish to care about what Kota would think. She wanted Aiden to herself and wouldn't stop until she got him. If she hadn't been so careless, then none of this would have happened.
"I-it's all my fault." She whispered. "My fault Dakota won't even speak to me, my fault I'm pregnant...Maybe even my fault for daddy's death." Charlie sniffled and wiped away a tear that had fallen. "It's karma punishing me for what I've done." Charlie shook her head and quickly turned around. It was all too quick because Charlie became lightheaded immediately and fell to her knees. Charlie broke into sobs again and wrapped her arms around her stomach. "I'm a mess!" She wailed.

Big Bang
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chaoticsunrise on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 am

Aiden continued down the stairs, looking for Charlie. She must be really needing someone right now, and since Dakota wasn't speaking to either of them he figured it would be him that she'd need. She would want his shoulder to cry on, hopefully. If he was being forced to marry this girl, she better at least love him. Releasing his lip from his teeth he padded down the stairs slowly and since he heard no noise coming from around the ground floor he decided to look out the front door. There she was, on her knees and crying her eyes out.

"Char!" he called out, softly as he ran to her side. "Charlotte, honey.." he sat down next to her, and pulled her shaking frame into his lap, kissing her forehead and commencing to chew on his lip once more. "It's okay, it's okay.. Your dad wouldn't want you crying over him, Char. He'd be wanting you to remember the good times, can you do that? Remember the good things?" he was rambling junk that he'd heard people say were good things to say. He didn't know how to deal with this much raw emotion, especially not grief. His heart was pounding away in his chest as he tried to find a way to comfort her, but all he could do was hold her and run his fingers through her dark hair and hope that the tears would soon stop.
"Charlotte, I love you.." he whispered in her ear as he pulled her all the way into his lap and held her tight.

chaoticsunrise
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Big Bang on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Charlie managed to compose herself a little before she heard Aiden's soothing voice and his protective arms around her. Charlie shook her head and furiously wiped at her cheeks. "I-i'm not crying..." She lied. Charlie hated it when people saw her cry. It made her feel weak, and vulnerable. "Good things? Like what? Nothing good has happened to me since....Since Kota found out." She said in a small voice. Charlie tried to pull herself away from Aiden but her efforts were weak and useless. Instead she pressed her cheek against Aiden's chest and sighed deeply, her tears calming but her breathing still shallow.

"Do you really mean it?" She asked. Charlie looked at Aiden and Furrowed her eyebrows. "I-I mean that you love me..." She took a deep breath ad looked away from Aiden. "As much as you loved Kota?" Charlie sighed and tried to laugh. "It's a stupid question, please don't answer." Charlie closed her eyes and enjoyed the fact that Aiden was still there for her, after everything. Kota shunning her, Her father passing. Sometimes Charlie wondered if he could ever possibly love her like he did her sister.

Big Bang
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!