Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seeking roleplayers for sci-fi

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Seeking roleplayers for sci-fi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ambassador Karik on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Moving this over from Interest Check since it might be more relevant here:

I'm looking for an rp partner (or open thread) in the sci-fi genre. This can be heavy sci-fi where nothing in our known universe is used and there are hundreds of invented tech and culture (ie, Star Wars), medium sci-fi where there are lots of known things mixed with a lot of invented tech and cultures (ie Doctor Who, possibly Star Trek), or "mild" sci-fi that takes place primarily on Earth but with a few invented elements (cultures, tech) and some decent contact with offworlders (E.T., Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Transformers, The Avengers). It can be done through pre-post plotting or playing it by ear and letting the characters' experiences naturally unfold.

*Note: In regards to the "universe" I'm looking to roleplay in, I'm pretty open. It can take place in Star Wars, Star Trek, past, present, future Earth, a distant land barely known to humanity, pretty much anything. I ask that you be open to the probability - if not certainty - that I'll be mentioning and possibly incorporating elements of universes across the board. That said, the vast majority of the roleplay will be in either an Original universe or a Canon universe. Meaning, let's say that the determined Universe is Star Wars, and the main location is Naboo. The Empire, Jedi, Twi'leks, lightsabers, etc of Star Wars stuff will be the majority. On occasion, it may be mentioned that a Dalek shell had been found a few years ago by the Gungans or that Starfleet was setting up diplomacy on Tattooine. Consider those things more like easter eggs than driving factors.

The majority of my experience has been in multi-person threads (which varied between periods of multiple author posts and periods of one-on-one) which did not really have plots, but I'm open to learning other ways.
- I post frequently, and am looking for someone who will be able to easily post at least three times a day normally. This isn't strict, I just can't stand waiting for days for people to post. Of course if stuff comes up (work, finals, etc), I understand.
- Do note that I exclusively play OCs, and prefer a partner to do so since I feel Canon characters can really only be understood and played accurately by their creators.
- The RP can be an open thread, closed thread, or private messages.
- I am open to all sexual orientations and pairings, as well as explicit language. I myself tend to stay around the PG-PG13 range out of habit, but am open to more mature roleplaying as long as it's balanced out by substance. I'm not looking to make an exclusively sexual rp.
- I ask that you can write with literacy. This doesn't mean I need you to take a week to write each post or require a minimum paragraph/word count. What it does mean is I would like you to be able to spell words correctly on a frequent basis, and have a decent understanding of when to use punctuation. I won't be the grammar nazi and come after you for mistakes (ie, "There's two people" rather than "There're two people), I just enjoy being able to read what is written. One-liners are acceptable, especially in character interactions. Please just be able to also write more than one line when it would be normal (ie, if your character is taking a stroll in a park, I would like you to be able to write "Jeff wandered around, looking at the people. There were shadows from the trees on the ground, and more than one young couple sharing a picnic. It was nice to be in a quiet area for a change." Doesn't even have to be more than that.
- Auto-hitting and god-moding will not fly with me. I expect your character to adhere to the laws of nature unless they have an established reason to do so (if someone can go into hyperspeed using a watch, for example, then it would make sense they could dodge a punch and make it halfway across the city before their assailant even knew they were gone). Elaborating on that, I really ask that you don't overpower your characters. Please balance them out with positive and negative traits, strengths and weaknesses in combat, stuff like that. Even Superman had to deal with Kryptonite.

Hopefully my requests aren't too intimidating. I'm really just looking for a decent person with whom to roleplay with. I enjoy creating things and use play-by-posts as a way to do so.
If you have questions, go ahead and drop them in here or send a pm. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ambassador Karik
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Seeking roleplayers for sci-fi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi Ambassador Karik,

Actually, Interest Checks is the correct forum for a post of this kind. Generally, only RPs that already have a Tab or an IC are advertised here. Things that have yet to get that far in the development process are categorized under Interest Checks. I'm moving this one back over for you, but my post here should serve as a handy bump for the thread, and hopefully get you some attention. Best of luck!

-Kurokiku
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ambassador Karik on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Ambassador Karik
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mosswine Leader on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Hey Karik, your friendly neighborhood Mosswine Leader here. I've got a Sci-Fi thing going if you want to check it out. Well, Sci-Fi/Post Apocalyptic. I've already got another player in, but having more isn't a bad thing, right? If you'd like to check out the link and whatnot, here it is! I'd like to know if you're interested.

Mosswine Leader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!