Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Series Of Mysterious Events

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Series Of Mysterious Events

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wishiwuzhizdreamgirl on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:25 pm

Part One – Legend of the Time Tomb

The History of The Victim
Name: Josiah Cravats

Josiah Cravats is a professor at Oxford University in England. He teaches about the ancient world, and is known to be a believer in all things mysterious. He was only married only once, his wife's name was Maria, and she died when she was 52 due to a car accident. He has two children A daughter Rosaliena and a son Marcus.

He travels all over the world collecting crazy artifacts and has a room full of them. He is very friendly to anyone and has no known enemies.

The Crime:

Police photographs show that an intruder smashed the door open and ransacked the apartment as if searching for something. Upon the discovery of the old man, it turned from a robbery to a murder. Several blows to the head with a blunt round shaped indentations marked his skull, as well as ligature marks around the neck, and a few broken ribs that punctured his lungs.

It seems that there are a few books missing but the worst part is there's writing in blood on the wall.

In Josiah's handwriting.

“Seek the one beyond the Sphinx, he carry's time as if its his toy.”

A small necklace similar to the one used in harry potter as a time turner lays in his hand along as a book about tombs in England, lay next to him. Nothing else is noted, there are no fingerprints, hairs or fibers.

The Plot:

I want this to be a series of cases. I need a small group of people who are going to try to solve the cases. They are a world known team and are highly trained in what they do. What do they do? They solve the worlds hardest crimes, mysteries, etc.

Romance can be involved, they are all best friends and they live in a house together, the house is a large house, with a white picket fence etc. The house has a main house area with guest rooms, kitchen, living room all the needs. In the backyard are smaller houses, each housing a person (or a couple) of the group. Each house has a small kitchen, bathroom and a bedroom, and small living room.
Live each day as if its your last, never regret your mistakes just learn from them

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wishiwuzhizdreamgirl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A Series Of Mysterious Events

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluewolf482 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:57 pm

This looks like it has potential... Would you mind terribly if I did a crossover with Agency and used an SIS agent for my character? It would fit, they solve supernatural crimes on a daily basis.
samquestionablegunnerkriggpennydresdenandxkcdcontentcourtfuzzycodakarcade

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wishiwuzhizdreamgirl on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:04 pm

do a wht with who?

wishiwuzhizdreamgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bman22 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:52 pm

whats the character sheet info you need?
Want in on a awesome Monster Hunter RP?
monster-hunter-adventures-ooc-sign-t36479.html

bman22
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wishiwuzhizdreamgirl on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:17 am

Name
personality & history mixed
are you in a relationship with someone?
whats your talent

i will be posting my char sheet soon :)

wishiwuzhizdreamgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:55 am

Name: Ethan Craft
personality & history mixed: Ethan is an intelligent, confident and somewhat egotistical person. He can come off as bossy and eccentric, but is extremely laid back and independent. He attended a private school for gifted children when he was still a child. The isolation and strict nature of the school caused in to informally rebel and lash out at others. When he graduated at the top of his class he was asked to join a team to investigate cases around the world. He is constantly looking for someone who can challenge his intelligence and beat him at what he views is a game.
are you in a relationship with someone?: No
whats your talent: Investigation
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluewolf482 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:10 am

Agency is the RP I write, links to the 1st and 2nd parts are in my signature. I just wanted to connect the two by using a character from that RP in your story. Dex plays Agency too, and he'd better post soon...

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:20 am

I'll be joining. So watch out for my profile XD
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:05 pm

So when do we start investigating the crime of Mr. Cravats ?

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wishiwuzhizdreamgirl on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 pm

well considering you dont have any char sheets :D

anyways. please make char sheets and then we can start have to use my other account lexibabygirl bc for somereason this rp isnt comming up on my view my posts ><

wishiwuzhizdreamgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:58 pm

@Bluewolf, My character is chillin' back at HQ waiting for everyone else..

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wishiwuzhizdreamgirl on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Ok so does anyone have any ideas how they would like this to start? I want to make sure everyone likes it :P

wishiwuzhizdreamgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LexiBaby on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:37 pm

ok this is my other account *wishiwuzhizdreamgirl* so ill have the IC up soon :)

LexiBaby
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!