Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shadow weavers [sign up.]

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Re: Shadow weavers [sign up.]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:38 pm

The characters should be or else avoiding a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu will be very difficult. You should probably think of how they ended up here too, to give more character development. :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cire998 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:43 pm

hmm thats a good idea
i only started to role play like 3 months ago but i only role played for a maxium of a month
ps: whats a sue/jack thingy?

CLICK US---->Image Image Image<------CLICK US

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cire998
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Mary-Sue

Forgive the use of wikipedia. And a gary-stu is just the male version. And if you look up Mary-Sue Litmus Tests you can find some help for judging your characters in the begining. There's a topic on it in the forum games section. :D

EDIT: Zack's Profile. :D

Name: Zack Alderman
Species: Shadow, formerly Hunter
Appearance: Image
Weapons: Illusionary eyes, fists and feet. Generally doesn't fight
Bio: Zack worked for several years as a hunter, before he was drawn aside by the Science department as the 37th expirament for Project M(angekyou). As such, he carries over a strong connection with Ellen, although his formerly fatherly disposition towards her has shifted to something closer to downright hatred.
Personality: Zack is every inch either the corrupt gentleman or the oily carsalesman, depending on his whim. He's not above using his feminine appearence to his advantage and his sense of humor, although there, doesn't take a very evident role. When it's brought out and dusted off, he's generally dry-witted and sarcastic.
Other: Prone to referring to the people around him as animals, gay. The number 37 has a strong impression on him. Can fly.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSapphireDragon on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Is this okay?

Name: Sen Harukichi
Species: Hunter
Appearance: Image
Weapons: Sword (as seen in picture)
Bio: She's been a hunter all her life, very successful too. She can seem kind of spacey and impassive but she's actually quite kind. Just don't piss her off. Don't underestimate her strength, she trains everyday making sure she keeps in tip top shape. She's also not the kind to stand around showing off. She'd rather just start the fight and finish off her opponent, no stalling or hesitation at all. She's originally from Japan but is in England to deal with the Shadow Weavers there. Of course her first language is Japanese but she also speaks English.

TheSapphireDragon
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:34 pm

^

You should wait to be accepted before posting in the IC at all you know. And if you want a summary, you could read Ellen's journal and the last two pages.

Or maybe, you know, ask about it here.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSapphireDragon on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:51 pm

oh, all right. and just so you know, i posted in OOC. out of character, because i didn't think i should start rping yet until someone had said something to me. and now i know where i can go to get a summary. see, it all works out.

TheSapphireDragon
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:49 am

Lovely.
Start in the rp whenever ^^

(to those who dont think new people should start 35 pages in:
Shadow weavers will always be an ongoing rp, if people want to join it is open for them to join as new Hunters and Shadows will always be appearing in the world as there is a pretty much endless stream of deaths and Shadows in practicaly every country.)
Image"A story is the most precious thing you can give someone ~ Why not write one with me?" - Waste.

Waste.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:25 pm

I personally have nothing against starting in a RP 35 pages in. But when people decide to be LAZY and not find out about the ration of OTHER CHARACTERS at least, that annoys me.

And when you post in the IC before you've been accepted. That's just plain rude and it makes you look like a n00b. Not a newbie. A n00b.

Just because you're pretty certain you'll be accepted, doesn't mean you should act like you already have been. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm being a spoiled brat, but this is one of my pet peeves.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 pm

You're not the only one that doesn't like that kinda stuff. It is rather annoying. When you've not been accepted, you should wait until you are - and read at least the last few pages of the roleplay to find out a little background info. Well, that's what i'd do anyway.
xD

Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.

Valor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:28 pm

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I'm gonna drop the RP. I've been grounded from the computer, so I can't really keep up with the thread, and besides that it's sort of like everyone's been split up into pairs, which isn't very fun for me. So, yeah. . .

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:18 pm

Oh hey, guys, guess what? I'm done. Life's interfering too much for me to be active on this. Not like I played too much of an active character anyway. And, I'm sorry that i get frustrated with people joining the RP 35 pages in. I just do. Good day everyone, message me if you have any questions/concerns as to exactly why I'm quitting. Oh and, I don't care how you resolve it. Have a good day.

AmethystXIII
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!