Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shadow weavers [sign up.]

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Shadow weavers [sign up.]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:13 am

In a world where humans are oblivious lies The Organization that runs it all.

The organization
A back ground of people who call themselves Hunters with the uncanny ability of enhanced senses and speed. Led by Bahkranum who is the closest thing there is to God, he oversees the passage of those from one life to the next and usually doesn't get involved, choosing to let his Beta's do the work. Hunters usually work under Betas.

Their Purpose?
To capture rogue shadow weavers and keep the humans safe.

Shadow weavers?
Every human has a shadow that will stay with then throughout their lives, in this shadow is a being that is the humans opposite in every way. When a human dies only then can their shadow meld with them and allow their passage to the next life. The problem is that even in this world there are humans with pure hearts, who create black hearted shadows. So when their human dies this shadow with a black heart is likely to abandon it's human counter part and go off on its own, taking human form. This creates a ghost, and an almost unstoppable shadow weaver.
Stats:
Shadows can take on human form, and just as easily melt away into a puddle of darkness and slip between the smallest cracks.
They can only be stopped if shot/stabbed in their chest or head, this does not kill them, this simply paralyzes them and turns them into black puddles of uselessness. However is a Hunter touched a pure diamond to the shadow puddle the shadow is transferred into the diamond and therefore captured.

Hunters?
Created to catch these rogue shadows, they have been around since humans evolved.
Stats:
Senses are sharper than a humans and they move alot faster, recover quickly from minor injuries, bullet or stab wounds and will not die from blood loss, however if his in a fatal place such as the head or heart they will die.

Plot?
In white chapel, England, present day, murders have been taking place, in the shocking style of those done by jack the ripper. Little do humans know that Jack was in fact a shadow captured by Klaus Divine 120 years ago. However the diamond was stolen and has not been found. Now these murders are re appearing, does this mean that jack is back or is something more sinister going on?

Characters?
Choose from:
Human
Hunter
Shadow weaver

My character:
Name: Klaus Divine
Species: Hunter
Appearance:http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20boy%20blue%20hair/VampireBloodrace1441/Anime%20Boy/BlueHairandMusic.jpg?o=2
Weapons: Glock, short sword.
Bio: Born 462 years ago Klaus has worked as a hunter for most of his life, however 120 years ago he was accused of loosing an important diamond and has be de ranked ever since.
Personality: He can be quite arrogant and pessimistic, he is also lazy. But when he has a mission he doesn't usually give up.
Other: Allergic to cats.
Last edited by Waste. on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image"A story is the most precious thing you can give someone ~ Why not write one with me?" - Waste.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Waste.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Shadow weavers [sign up.]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:21 am

Name: Kiriel Duncan
Species: Human
Apperance:http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee44/BlessedRhage/?action=view&current=1147130304_al_goth.jpg (Just the girl)
Weapons: Her camera and words.
Bio:This girl was born in the regular way, in a hospital, to two "loving" parents. So what If, in the end, they weren't loving and expected her to be somthing eles...It didn't matter. She graduated from high school early, deciding to go straight to college to become a Reporter, but decided to take some classes in criminal defense and all, looking at the crime scene and trying to help find out who did it is her passion.
Other: Asshe hears about the "Copy cat" JAck the Ripper, she figured it could help get her a break into a job, or perhaps start her life, so she's been snooping aroundthe scenes and trying to figure out what happened.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:51 am

Name: Ellen Ninya
Species: Human
Appearance: Image
Weapons: Absorbs negative energy.
Bio: As one of those humans with a pure heart who produces a pure black shadow, Ellen was taken from her parents shortly after birth by the Organization and renamed. A close eye is being kept on her shadow, who stays huddled inside her body, content with being drained almost dry if it means escaping at some potential point. There are times when it can gain control, at which point Ellen is generally confined.
Other: Ellen is prone to tagging along after the Hunters, but is never allowed out of their range.

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvanescentMoonxX on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:48 pm

Name: Freya Holloway
Species: Shadow Weaver
Appearance: As a human Freya appears to be a rather dark looking Gothic doll. Her human was named Eira and was the complete opposite, always wearing white, with cute bows and pink frills with bunnies and what not. She was always outgoing and loud, she talked to everyone and was extremely trusting with strangers. On the contrary Freya has taken to a rather serious more conservative side. She doesn't trust that easily and she comes across as a quiet shy person.
Weapons: She can weave the shadows into any weapon of her desire. Daggers, gun, sword, etc, etc...
Bio: Freya has always been the dark soul, slithering silently around, her crimson eyes watching and waiting. Not wanting to have anything to do with her human attachment after death, due to a sudden illness. She just wonders about now, her past not known to the world but hidden deep within the recesses of her subconscious.

((Is it better now???))
Last edited by XxEvanescentMoonxX on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
❴04•30•17//been gone for awhile. Working on getting back into Threads again~.❵

XxEvanescentMoonxX
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:02 pm

i think you're in the wrong topic. . .

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:09 pm

Uchiha Min-no-ko wrote:i think you're in the wrong topic. . .

O.o sorry. I thought i could post it here to get people to sign up?

Shadow weavers.
There's the link for the main rp.
People who have posted chars can start.

Waste.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Waste. wrote:
Uchiha Min-no-ko wrote:i think you're in the wrong topic. . .

O.o sorry. I thought i could post it here to get people to sign up?

Shadow weavers.
There's the link for the main rp.
People who have posted chars can start.

No! Not you! i meant the person who posted the Mutant profile. i think she wanted to post that in a different topic.

And yay! ic! ♥ -parades off-

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:20 pm

oh i see. lol. Well i didnt rule out experimentation on humans.
could be interesting?

Waste.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Could be.. .but i'm just pretty sure, cause that profiles in the other thread to.

That would be interesting though. i like your avy by the way. ^__^

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:46 pm

So how do the shadow weaver characters work? Are they assigned to human characters?

AmethystXIII
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:57 pm

When a human is born a shadow is born with them and they are bound for life, growing together. Shadows must follow their human, and they become the humans opposite. So if you want to play a shadow character to make it interesting for you you would have to be a shadow who has a human with a pure heart, therefore making you black hearted, so black hearted that when the human dies you refuse to take him/her into the next life and leave to roam the world, the human becomes a ghost.

Waste.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:26 pm

Hmm, so if I were to play a shadow weaver, I would just have my human already be dead?

AmethystXIII
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Basically yes.

Waste.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Yuppers.

WEE! Welcome to the game!

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Name: Jack Marlow
Species: Shadow Weaver
Appearance: When in human form Jack wears a baggy pair of denim jeans and a slightly over-sized black band t-shirt. He wears a pair of industrial-style goggles on his head, often worn at the nightclubs he goes to. His hair is kept long and shaggy-looking, black in color. His human appeared this way, except he had blond hair, blue eyes, and wore preppier clothes. In shadow form, his entire body and clothes become black like metallic smoke, his eyes are purely green with black slits.
Weapons: Able to manipulate shadows to make sword or dagger-like weapons.
Bio: Jack had been a murderous shadow back in the day, and was given the name Jack the Ripper. After being captured by Klaus Divine, the diamond that he was captured within had been stolen by some miscreant. Experiments were performed on the diamond and then Jack was somehow released, at a fraction of his initial powers. Jack began murdering again, the urge being irresistible, and found that with each murder he performed his powers grew stronger. Now, he was at his peak, and he has been slowing down on the murders, choosing to live a quieter lifestyle.

[ Is this fine? ]

AmethystXIII
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:39 pm

ah brilliant, thats perfect.

Waste.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmethystXIII on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:00 pm

[ Wait so, someone update me on what's happened already? I'm slightly confused. ]

AmethystXIII
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valor on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:30 pm

Hoping that this is too your liking...

Name: Fye Kito
Species: Hunter
Appearance: http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm73 ... 932171.jpg
Weapons: A Hammer that extends and grows on his command. With the right combination of words, it can use the elements to fight against the shadow weavers.
Bio: He is the son of a recently perished hunter, who’s name he’d rather forget. His mother had been against him going to be a hunter, but it was soon found out that he was to become a hunter and continue is father’s work. He was lucky enough to stumble upon the once great Klaus Devine after an encounter with a shadow weaver, and was gratefully taken on as Klaus’s apprentice. He now travels with Klaus, doing all that he is asked to do as he knows that it will one day help him towards completing his goal of following in his father’s footsteps.
Personality: Fye is hard to read, a confused soul. He is often quiet, simply watching what is going on, and taking mental notes from his teacher. But at times, he’ll have a completely different personality, becoming loud and childish – which often ends up with him receiving some sort of beating from Klaus for being annoying.
Other: Is often found sky-gazing when Klaus isn’t doing anything that he must watch.

Thinking of you, wherever you are.
We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend.

Valor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Waste. on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:40 pm

Valor you are excepted ^^

oh and i've re done my link for Klaus's appearance, If you particulaly care about his appearance go see.
^^

Waste.
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uchiha Min-no-ko on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Amethyst the third, i have a vague feeling we're confused about the same things, but i'm not positive, so what are you confused about?

Uchiha Min-no-ko
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!