Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shadows of Sherwood (OOC/Sign Up)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Shadows of Sherwood (OOC/Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:08 pm

Shadows of Sherwood

They say the woods are haunted by the spirits of a saints who strikes Prince John's men with a plague of vengence. In truth, they are not spirits at all, but a ban of men who stand for what England once was. In the darkest hour, they fight for the honor of a country and the right to own the land of their birth. Led by the fearless Robin of Locksley, these men prove to be more than a thorn in the pretentious side of Royal Steward: Prince John. Having forced upon the sacred land a Scutage, the people who make up a great kingdom are now living impovrished and dying at the unmerciful hand of the Prince and his most trusted guards Sir Guy and the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Roles to be played:

Merry Men

Robin Hood: Pencil_Me_In
Little John:
Friar Tuck:
Will Scarlet:
Alan-a-Dale:
Lady Marian Fitzwalter:

The Prince's Men

Prince John:
Isabella of Angoulême (John's wife):
Sheriff of Nottingham:
Sir Guy of Gisbourne:
Bishop of Hereford:

Other Characters

Character 1: Kate Zuberi- Pencil_Me_In
Character 2: Arabella Flynn- Kirai-chan
Character 3:
Character 4:
Character 5:

Skeleton

Name:
Alias:
Physical Description (realistic pics only):
Nationality:
Weapon of Choice:
Background (1-3 paragraphs):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Robin of Locksley
Alias: Robin Hood
Allegience: King Richard
Physical Description (realistic pics only): Image
Nationality: English
Weapon of Choice: Short sword and Bow and Arrow
Background (1-3 paragraphs): Upon returning from the Crusades, Robin was horrified to find that the glory and lands of England, for which he fought, was in complete disaray while Prince John, had ascended the throne in his brother, King Richard's, absence. Once proud people were reduced to beggers on the streets. All who apoosed the Prince's tyranny were imprisoned and hanged without trial. All of the Locksely land had been seized due to the Scutage Taxes and his own father was killed.

Without hesitation, Robin followed his duty to the true King of England and started a rebellion deep within the King's forest, Sherwood. There, those who seek refuge are given protection from famine, disease, and ,most of all, from the cruel tyrant Prince John.

Name: Cataval Zuberi
Alias: Kate Zuberi
Allegience: To Robin
Nationality: African
Weapon of Choice: Twin swords
Background (1-3 paragraphs): She first met Robin three years prior when he and a group of his men overturned a slave caravan traveling from the lowest regions of Africa to the highest parts of Europe. Bandits attacked her village and pillaged at their desire. Being a peaceful tribe, the people only asked for their lives. The thieves complied, but in secret began stealing women and children to sell into slavery. Cataval's husband was killed defending their family, and she along with her young son were taken. Her son fell ill the third day of the trip and died in her arms. She never got to burry him.

When Robin rescued them, she was one of the last survivors of the harsh journey. While the others returned to Africa, Cataval pledged her allegience to Robin and followed him to the refuge in Sherwood. There she was taught by a Blacksmith and became well acquainted with the trade. She is quite good with her hands and even works with leather when necessary. Her only mission in life now is to prevent what happened to her family from happening to any other.
Last edited by Pencil_Me_In on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Shadows of Sherwood

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Reserve me Marian?
Kill Them With Kindness :D

I got the great news... I'm having a little GIRL!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aika
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:14 pm

You'll have to post a skeleton before I can hold the spot.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:18 pm

Name: Lady Marian Fitzwalter
Alias: Marian
Physical Description (realistic pics only): EDIT
Nationality: British
Weapon of Choice: Bow and arrows
Background (1-3 paragraphs): EDIT

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:26 pm

You're going to have to fill out the rest before I can officially accept you. If someone else completes the Skeleton then I'll have to give them priority. Sorry.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:53 pm

Forgot to mention this, but hopefull it is apparent, you are allowed more than one character, but please keep it within reason.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Re: Shadows of Sherwood (OOC/Sign Up)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aika on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Nevermind, then, because I don't have time to finish it tonight. Just forget it.

Aika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:05 pm

Ok, well thanks anyway. Feel free to check back and see if there's another role you would like to fill.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Pencil, explain to me who the different Merry Men are, like Friar Tuck, and the others, I would wish to know before I request a spot in your Roleplay.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kirai-chan on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Hope this is okay

Name: Arabella Flynn   
Alias: Ar, Ella, Bella, Bells, or just Arabella 
Allegience: To anyone who'll pay her, but is more on Robin's side 
Nationality: Irish  
Weapon of Choice: Bow and arrows and throwing knives 
Background (1-3 paragraphs): Arabella was born to a rather poor family in Ireland. She has one older brother who left the house when she was 13 years old and he was 16 at the time. She was really close to her brother and was heartbroken when he left. All she knows is that he left for England, but hasn't heard from him since he left. She's not even sure if he's still alive.

At 14 her father disappeared and was never heard from again. Many say he was murdered for not paying off his gambling debts. This left her mother completely depressed ad heartbroken. Her mother wouldn't do anything anymore and so as a last resort Arabella got into the ar of being a thief so she could keep her and her mother alive. She never told her mother that she was a thief, but instead lied to her telling her that she had a job. About a year ago is when her mother found out about it and it was too much for her. A day later she was found dead. Realizing she had no family but her brother left, she went out in search for him. She's now ended up in Sherwood.  
BTF Fanatic Girls: Angel(Craig)~Kirai(Mike)~Puppy(Matt) <333
ImageImage

Kirai-chan
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:16 am

Orith Nar- here is a link to a list of characters in the story. It will give some basic information. Feel free to take creative liberties with the characters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:R ... characters

Kirai-chan - you are accepted

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Sorry I haven't posted the IC yet. I've been swamped at work. I'll get it up as soon as I can!

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Name: Lady Marian Fitzwalter
Alias: Marian
Weapon of Choice: She doesn't carry any weapons.
Background:

So, I haven't brushed up on my Robin Hood history in a while. Is there anything you'd like me to include in her history before I post it?
"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." Larry Lorenzoni

my photography blog

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:41 pm

No not really, there is a link above that you can take a look at that has good information on the characters, but go ahead and post.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr.Alex on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Name: Will Scarlet
Alias: N/A
Allegience: King Richard, Robin Hood
Physical Description:
Weapon of Choice: Long Sword, Short Bow & Arrows
Background: (Still trying to figure this out.)
Take a look to the sky just before you die,
It's the last time you WILL!

--------------

Mr.Alex
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lavender on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Hey, Pencil_me_in, I'm seriously having trouble coming up with a background. That wiki page is pretty vague, and I don't want to go completely off-topic of Robin Hood with my history. : P If you're desperate for a complete profile...I think I'll need some of your help.

Lavender
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:13 am

Lav, you can just make up whatever. Marian has a really broad background. The only thing I know for fure about her is that her father was a distant cousin of Royal bloodline and in order to bring honor back to her family, she was forced into an arranged marriage with Sir Guy of Gisbourn. You can play off of that if you want, or you can just make something random up. You're a talented RPer so I'm not worried about your posting ability.

Mr.Alex You're accepted. Get what you can for the background. 3-5 sentences is good.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pencil_Me_In on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:19 pm

How many people are interested in keeping this going? I'm considering either revamping this or opening it back up because people have become so inactive. Let me know here or through PM.

Pencil_Me_In
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!