Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shadows On The Road

a topic in Poetry, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

For the assorted types of poetry.

Shadows On The Road

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:39 am

I find this one to be good to an extent, but the way it sounds to me at times is, "Eh.." but I want to know what others think. For all I know, I'm the only one thinking that.

I was lost in the shadows on the road,
I could see the tattered shadow of my soul,
I was all alone,
No-one to hold,
Or console,
I reached a new low,
No Skywalker here,
Didn't expect a new hope,
But you know,
Things can change though?
I ran into angel,
The happiness came,
And she made the pain go,
Away,
She was here to stay,
I was free from my curses,
Never had to pay,
Never again,
She was forever my friend,
But Allah called her home,
When I first started these poems,
I got angry,
A little crazy,
Couldn't imagine a life without my baby,
She was supposed to stay my lady,
Felt like there was nothing left,
I was going to take my last breath,
Take that final step,
But something pulled me right back,
Told me those feelings were beating me,
I had to fight back,
Get my life back,
On track,
Open mic nights,
Dedicated to the love I once had,
That I would always know,
I'll never let her go,
Greatest story to ever know,
When you're lost in the shadows...

On the road...
Last edited by Saarai on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saarai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: Shadows On The Road

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 pm

I liked it, at least. The only question I had was, is it meant to say "I could the tattered shadow of my soul," or is there meant to be something in between "could" and "the"? Part of this actually reminds me of a relationship I'm in, and it's nice to be able to relate. I liked it. It was simple and honest. What more does poetry need? =)
[Thank you, Master!]
I am to love, honour, cherish, obey
Until my death and beyond my decay.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saarai on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 pm

Bah, I just noticed that mistake. Thank you! It should have been, "I could see the.."

Saarai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cer on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Oh, that makes a lot more sense! I think it's because I've just turned on music, but the beginning reminds me of a Green Day song now. "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" -- It reminds me of the being alone and tattered soul, etc. =) I look forward to reading more of your work!

Cer
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!