Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

How to spot a Faerie

Shameless Self-Admiration

a part of “How to spot a Faerie”, a fictional universe by Layla.

Run from Shapeshifters, Vampires and humans with lethal weapons whilst searching for five Elementals; convince the Dark King to give up his throne and search for the Faerie Queen? Easier said than done.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “How to spot a Faerie”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Shameless Self-Admiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:17 pm

For those of you who're with me in the Amaranth RP, you'll know what this is x3 This is a thread for fun and silly little things that don't fit in anywhere else. For example, images of our characters together, fanfiction, what brand of refrigerator our characters would be if they were rectangular and what types of drunks they'd be. Anything you want, really! To kick things off, I'll post a few pictures :D

Procrastination is progress

Jen's the queen of fanfiction, I swear. She comes up with the best stuff xD When I try, it just gets funky and questionable haha. I'm a smidgen better at poetry. Just a tintsy, wintsy bit. I wrote this poem a while ago and a part of our story originated from it.

I wish to create

"Show me something
beautiful," He says. I breathe
Wind… The clouds tremble and sweep over skies
Humming unspoken words into the lips of mystic lovers
"She is Creating," they say.

"Will you paint for me, my pearl?" He asks and I
spill my kaleidoscope eyes onto incandescent veils to spin
Stars. Embraced in rivers of obsidian and ebony.

"Let us dance!" He cries and we drum on mountains with the essence of
Sun. A red the shade of persimmon wades through the Night to
bounce from the crystal facets of Oceans and Rivers.
"We have been Made," they weep and from their liquid eyes
Raindrops tumble and shatter into Diamonds.

"Will you sing for me, my siren?" He asks and Light whispers over my tongue to
curl over branches and burst into Souls. The Elements sway and
crystallise, solidifying into Life. I breathe and
They breathe…

And so He Made Her Spirit
And She Unmade the Void
"What have you to show me?" He asks, unseeing eyes wide.
She sees. "The world, my love.
I have Created the world."

Our Soundtrack

1. "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls [Suggested and sung by Layla]
2. "Raein" by Olafur Arnalds [Suggested by Layla]
3. "Love Me Dead" by Ludo [Suggested by Layla]
4. "The Winter Maiden" [Suggested by Layla]
5. "Eppur si move/And yet it moves" by Haggard [Suggested by Xian, I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.]
6. "Breakdown" by Seether [Suggested by Layla]
7. "A Journey of the heart" by Kuranesh [Suggested by Layla]
8. "Trinity" by Paper Tongues [Suggested by Layla]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Shameless Self-Admiration

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:57 pm

OMG that Justin/Yuki pic asdfghjkl! So sugoi

Not having Justin's theme in the soundtrack, I don't even. ;p

I'll write a poem and post it up here when I'm done. Have no idea what it's going to be about though.

Layla, I've had a sudden thought. Are the couples in your pictures by any chance who you are possibly goin to ship in the near future or already do? Because I approve!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Holy jimmy did you draw these. Their pretty damn spiffy, pal. If you didn't, still a good selection.

Also, I just listened to your singing. Do you practice vocals regularly because your pretty in key and decent. It was nice, it sorts of reminds of Hania back in her younger days with her more slower and sadder songs. Hania being a kick ass singer/pianist on newgrounds.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/496912

MLP for life.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/105880 waaay older stuff of hers.

I dunno, I kinda of sense of an accent that she doesn't exhibit as much. It probably just me though. I tend to stick to compositions rather than vocalist or photographer when I review stuff but if you want me to have a go on your videos then just let me know and I'll try to give you some decent feedback.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby QueenJen on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Love the pics ;D

I shall totally be writing Fanfictions for this as well!!!
Debating if I should go with Fairy Tales again because that was kind of a joke for well FAiry Tail, get it?

Anyway, Layla your too kinddd tehe ^-^
I love your poetry too!!

"All around I see raining, things don’t seem to go my way. Got a dark cloud that's hanging and it seems to follow me…"
Boy, won’t you just wake up? Feel the humming this cool world is giving you...Better start running to catch up with your life, catch on up, before the whole thing is through.

QueenJen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:17 pm

No-one-special wrote:Holy jimmy did you draw these. Their pretty damn spiffy, pal. If you didn't, still a good selection.

Also, I just listened to your singing. Do you practice vocals regularly because your pretty in key and decent. It was nice, it sorts of reminds of Hania back in her younger days with her more slower and sadder songs. Hania being a kick ass singer/pianist on newgrounds.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/496912

MLP for life.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/105880 waaay older stuff of hers.

I dunno, I kinda of sense of an accent that she doesn't exhibit as much. It probably just me though. I tend to stick to compositions rather than vocalist or photographer when I review stuff but if you want me to have a go on your videos then just let me know and I'll try to give you some decent feedback.

"Decent"? Ouch. Haha just kidding. Thank you, I am glad you find my voice decent. Hania's really amazing. I'm glad I remind you of her and thank you for introducing her to me. We do have a similar style of singing at times. My voice changes slightly depending on what I'm singing. The songs I record are normally sad but I don't really sing things like that on stage (usually more the charismatic, winking, smiling type of songs). It's because no one I know in real life listen to what I record so I can be as much of a stick in the mud as I want xD

It's nice that she's a pianist. I played it since I was 4 and I can't play a thing on it haha. I play violin, guitar, flute, cello, you know, all the basic instruments, but it's like nuh can't be arsed to record it.

Are you saying she has an accent or that I do? If you mean me, I think Americans have an accent xD But I think accents show depending on what you're singing.

Like I think it shows more when I sing "My Grandmother was Pearl Hall."

You could critique my singing if you'd like, but that's up to you :)

(Edit: Oh you asked if I practiced a lot, umm... I did. But "stuff" happened and singing no longer mattered. Matters.)

QueenJen wrote:Love the pics ;D

I shall totally be writing Fanfictions for this as well!!!
Debating if I should go with Fairy Tales again because that was kind of a joke for well FAiry Tail, get it?

Anyway, Layla your too kinddd tehe ^-^
I love your poetry too!!

D'aww, thanks x3 You should totally write fairy tales x3

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:14 am

Layla, great as always.

a really crappy 15 minute doodle of Praxis because his current outfit amused me.
i need to get into the habit of drawing again, then i can actually make something of quality
λ‚  밀어내도 λ‚œ λ‹€μ‹œ λ„€κ²Œλ‘œ λ‹€κ°€κ°€μ„œ

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:01 am

Character Pokemon Teams!

Justin:
Sneasel- it's pretty much the perfect Pokemon for a thief, also my favorite :3
Gliscor- It's a very fast Ground Pokemon that prefers the air.
Scyther- Again, fast and uses two sharp objects.
Mightyena- He loves dogs.
Gallade- Fights for what he believes in and protects those he cares about. He also has two kick-ass arm blades.
Wynaut- ALWAYS HAPPY!

Azriel:
Golbat- It's entries state it feeds off the blood of it's victims.
Chandelure- It has the highest non-legendary special attack stat in the game, which compliments Azriel's experience. It is also a ghost/fire type.
Houndoom- It just fits Azriel to me. A fire/dark hellhound? Sounds about right.
Cubone- Classified as the lonely Pokemon, Cubone are always found alone in graveyards or places of death.
Golduck- Just liek how he can manipulate blood, Golduck can manipulate water with his psychic powers.(Though he's not psychic type which I think is really stupid)
Carracosta- The only Pokemon to have lived as long as Azriel has.

Yuki: (Be prepared for a lot of Ice types.)
Froslass- It's a Ghost/Ice type and it's Pokedex entry states it was a woman who froze to death on a mountain and kills whoever comes on it. She then shows off the frozen travellers as her own art exibit. Sound kind of familiar?
Glaceon- It's beautiful but deadly if left unchecked. Also ice type.
Glalie- I think she would have it just because it's ice type and has a semi-frightening appearance.
Sharpedo- Holy crap, this thing is the definition of sadism. It attacks anything that moves on sight just for shits and giggles.
Gardevoir- Again, beautiful but deadly. Also, many men and women wish to screw you.
Gengar- Look at the plotting, evil grin! He delights in scaring the shit out of people and stealing their life force by pretending to be their shadow.

Will add more at later dates.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:19 am

Love the drawing, Gabe! x3 Reminds me of the one you did of Ravenna. It was like asdfghjkl! Ooo, since I made one of Murmur and Ravenna, I should do one of Praxis and Raena. If only I knew how to just colour their hair so I didn't have to redo it xP

What is Pokemon? :D

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:46 am

Alright. I kind of have a whole bunch of ending planned for my character since I'm trying to make him pretty open ended in terms of how his personality changes depending on what others do to him/say to him(I'm writing down things that I think would impact him and letting that add up to how he acts morally/personality wise. So, you know. Guys, Even if I write Harold to be apathetic to you or even mean, trust me. What you do say to him does matter a lot even if it seems it doesn't) and here some music I listen to when in character and thinking up scenes for him.

and I picked up a load of songs mostly just by browsing about things I like for each way he could turn up:

Revenge driven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0WBU7W1HAE

Sad theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8L4mfRUU1E&feature=g

in memory of my former self (Harold) Happy theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUZVL70jdnU

Anything concerning his son and his original/true theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HZPjgJIwBc

Driven to madness-I have an insanity table and metre to determine when Harold loses it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOJpd36dBuA (also the theme when he has to fight an ice fey which basically rapes his insanity since cold is what makes it go down. SO, even if you fey is nice looking its most likely you look like the devil risen from a frozen hell to Harold)

I had some more probably but I don't remember them and if I can't remember them they probably weren't that good.

@Layla

what is pokemon?

*points to avatar. My face right now*

Justin and Yuki, that an odd mix but hey. It would be interesting to see.

Do me, DO me. Please, validate me and do one for me!

also pretty decent. Yeah. My tone of voice doesn't really translate over the internet. Pretty decent when I say is normally a head shake of acknowledge of skill-yeah, that pretty damn good. Thats pretty decent-it probably because I'm used to writing a paragraph at least on where things go wrong in my days of commenting/ reviewing so its become a little rare for me to simply say something is good. I:E pretty decent. In short, It was pretty damn good.

@ Cori

My companion of the literacy arts. Your picture is thoroughly visually pleasing to my delicate observers!

A lot of people can't bring themselves to post their stuff on any forum at all. Good show, old bean. I am no master artist but if you ever want a hand with it all or just someone give some feedback then just PM me and I'll help you out as soon as I can.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Layla wrote:What is Pokemon? :D

And you call yourself a nerd >:( Pokemon is one of the biggest things in the world! Go to the store, buy a Pokemon game, I'd recommendd either platinum or black 2, and play that shit until your fingers are raw!

((Lol, I love you! Siriously though, go buy a Pokemon game.)
I

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:33 pm

I concur with the fine fellow above me, Fair Maiden. The pokemonz is a rather fun and addictive game. You will be most certainly pleased to play it, plus the music is actually pretty nice and not irritating despite being in a loop. Turn the music down when Lavander town turns on though for it known to cause damage to you and have adverse effects on the psychic due to some weird series of tones used in it.

Sylph: My good man. Mind if I PM you my pokemon character sheet, just so you can tell me where I got things wrong. Give me a clue what to do right and inform me if you like me to change my character or choose a role specifically to help out.

also, are we still voting on the DND setting?

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:46 pm

You can PM me anything at anytime, all PM's are encouraged!

Yes we are still voting. Would you guys rather play a Pathfinder game? ( Dungeons and Dragons) or a Pokemon game? I have a setting and plot for each of them.

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Sylph, how dare you!!! I suggest finding an old Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, or otherwise Layla. That's where I cut off for Pokemon that I want to play with. Except for a select few, so... Yes.

Kuroe
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Kuroe wrote:Sylph, how dare you!!! I suggest finding an old Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, or otherwise Layla. That's where I cut off for Pokemon that I want to play with. Except for a select few, so... Yes.

Cursed Black and lost silver are pretty good, their widely considered the most emotionally impacting. Try those too.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylphofSpace on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:43 pm

@Kuroe

No sir, you should be the one to be ashamed! A true fan loves all the generations equally! One should love Charmander just as much as they love Tepig!

SylphofSpace
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby coricidinForte on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Thank you, thank you, that's all I have to say. Maybe one day I will quit being lazy and post something that didn't take a couple of minutes.

Yes, that's true, a true pokemon fan loves all the generations. Pokemon Black was great, I haven't played Black or White 2 yet though. Ruby will forever be my favorite though, if only because it's the most nostalgic.

ALSO FIRE TYPE FOR LIFE. REPRESENT.

coricidinForte
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:43 am

Sylph... please don't mention Tepig to me... I have bad experiences with Tepig... Horrible, horrible experiences... Anyways, I think the only reason that I have been left wanting to go back to the old Pokemon is because they made one that looks like an ice cream cone... That and the fact that the names are getting kinda... meh.

Kuroe
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 am

What my handwriting says about me: I slant to one side and I'm not really straight.

The Queen's hair is way longer and a lot more perfect but, ah. I'll do some of other characters next, Raena's stick in the mud personality just happened to suit my mood at the time haha.

And omgah, this song reminds me so much of the Queen's little 6-month sleep underwater: Never let me go
lol and this song reminded me of Aerunia, the poor girl. She has the worst grandmother and father in the world xD Kind reminds me of Sylphiel, too: Family Tree

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ellipsis of Gothique on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:17 am

The handwriting and art (particularly the emotion) are pretty ^^ Sweet work~

[Aerunia: G-Grand-Mère and Daddy are not terrible! (Pouts) I love them...]

Ellipsis of Gothique
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:20 am

Quick vector of Aerunia and Praxis :)

So, I can only draw characters if mine have had extensive interaction with them, if we chat a lot or if they have extensive character profiles. So yeppers :)

Layla
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!