Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

"Up she goes there she goes..."

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: "Up she goes there she goes..."

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:46 pm

She was trembling as she was hoisted across. She thought her heart was going to beat out of her chest. She didn't dare open her eyes the entire trip. Ater what seemed like forever, she felt her body sotly bump against the side of The Friday. She opened her eyes ad immediately returned to her normal demeanor. However when they got her to her fee, she nearly feel over. Her legs had lost all sensation.

She straightened herself up, and tilted her chin up. "Thank you, Czeslew." she headed towards his cabin. She'd only been in a couple of times before. She gasped as she saw him lying there. She walked up to him tracing a finger where the lightning hit him. "Oh dear..." She looked at him sympathetically for the first time.

She ran and snatched up the radio. "Delia?!? Can you hear me? Look, the Captin is in a bad state. He was struck by lightning and he is unconscious." She cupped a hand over his nose for a moment "His breathing is steady." She leaned down and put her head against his chest. "Heartbeat slightly heightened. What should I do?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chronepsis on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:37 am

"You'd be surprised," The good doctor showed him how far down his side the gash went, despite the fact that he could feel practically every inch. "It looks like the initial injury has managed to rip down your tissue here. A few stitches will heal that right up."

Alex laughed, if a bit forcedly, and tries to sit up and show the doctor he's fine, but the blood loss had made him dizzy and he fell back to a laying position. "You are the medical expert, after all. Just know that if you get a more pressing case to deal with, I've dealt with this before, so don't worry about taking care of others before me." He tries to pull himself back against the wall to show that he can take care of himself, but he merely manages to lift himself a few inches off the deck and falling back for a fourth time.

"I think it's best if we remove this entirely,unless of course you would rather find an engineer to do it. I could remove the arm and reattach it for you if you are willing."

"If you think you can handle it, feel free."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chronepsis
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Csezlaw followed Carla across the windswept deck and down the steps into Ezra's cabin. Airedale had taken off his boots and was fussing with the blanket on the bed, draping it over him up to his waist, unsure of whether to cover his injured arm.

"Do you have any pieces of scrap wood or board lyin' around in the engine room?" muttered Csez to Airedale as the elderly engineer hurriedly jumped out of Carla's path.

"Aye, I think so, Csezlaw, but what good-"

"Just bring one up here, will you?" said Csez, cutting across him as Carla leaned over the Captain's prone form.

The engineer shuffled away and he glanced out of the little round window at the other ship, watching as some of the crew of The Friday winched the harness back across hopefully in preparation for the soon-to-be arrival of the other ship's doctor.

As Carla put her ear to his chest, the first mate blinked as Ezra's uninjuried hand twitched ever so slightly on the sheets. The younger man let out a low groan from between cracked lips and his green eyes flickered open as he lifted his head a little to see who was leaning over him.

"St- Uh, steady Captain, I always knew you'd end up in my bed but- but-" He tried to lever himself into a sitting position but the instant he attempted to move his broken arm, he bit back a short cry of pain. "Ah- Ah! Oh God, Czes, what the hell happened to my arm? Why does the left side of me feel like its on fire?" he said, gritting his teeth and pushing his head back into the pillow.

"Well, there's an old sayin' Sir, from Poland, my grandmammy used to tell me that 'lightning never strikes-"

"-the same place twice? Yeah, we have that one here, too, Csez," said Ezra, trying to calm his laboured breathing against the pain and eyeing Carla.

"Well, she was wrong about that, apparently. And you got your arm caught in the riggin' as you fell, Captain. Miss Carla here came over on the wire and she's got her doctor on the radio to tell us what to do."

"What? Do what?" groaned Ezra. "What are you going to do with me? Maybe if you could get that doc of yours to bring over some morphine-"

He was interrupted by Airedale bursting back into the room triumphantly clutching a long, narrow block of wood that looked suspiciously like one of the railings from the banister of the stairs leading below deck.

"I thought we'd best get a splint onto it as soon as possible, Sir."

Ezra replied by swearing loudly.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:15 pm

"Delia, please, use my room to take care of the doctor. While you're taking care of him, I'll be on The Friday.I have to make sure it's safe for you to cross and I need you to fix our detective. It seems captain Ezra had a spill"

Delia nodded at the first statement, but froze at the second. Cross? Onto the Friday? In conditions like this? Carla had to have been joking. Sadly not, and she found herself quite taken by shock as the two crew members approached, probably to help Alex into the Captain's room. She wondered about Ezra's condition too, hoping that he was not in a bad state. Rising to her feet slowly, Delia had to snap out of her sudden state. Looking to Alex with a somewhat faked smile, she picked up her things.

"I'm sure these crew members will help you into the Captain's room," she said, looking to the pair, who gave an obliging nod. "And yes, I'm happy to carry out the work on your arm. I have done one or two similar procedures in the past, and in honesty, I am quite experienced in some forms of engineering."

"It will be best for you to get some rest as soon as possible," she insisted to Alex, "and I can begin work on your arm once you arrive in the Captain's room. Does that sound alright with you?"

"Delia?!? Can you hear me? Look, the Captin is in a bad state. He was struck by lightning and he is unconscious. His breathing is steady. Heartbeat slightly heightened. What should I do?"

The Captain's voice resonated once more, shrouded by static - yet, the buzzing was not enough to drown the panic in her usually cool tones.

"Relax," Delia replied, suddenly being taken over by the seriousness of this situation. Thankfully, she was feeling calm - despite being concerned for Ezra, and the Captain as well as the Detective. "His heart rate is probably increased due to the shock. If he is not already lying down, find somewhere to set him down, preferably somewhere he can be kept in one place - just in case. If he has any external burns, try to treat them. Get something cold to cover them, and clean them. Tell me immediately if his condition changes."

Delia sighed. It seemed Ezra was in a much worse state - if he got any worse, she'd have to go over.
anything.can.happen

Paprika
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chronepsis on Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:44 am

The dull thud of rubber on the deck resonated through Alex's skull as the two deckhands approached. His eyelids felt like lead, but he knew at least for the next few minutes he should try to retain consciousness as well as possible. Extending his left arm to the deckhands, Alex feels himself being hauled carefully, if seemingly none too gently, to his feet. The man on his left loops his arm around Alex's waist while throwing Alex's arm over his broad shoulders. The man on his right, not wanting to further the apparent injury merely places a hand each on Alex's chest and back, steadying him for the trip to the Captain's quarters.

"My good men...please...to my cabin...no need to...disturb the captain..."

The man carrying most of Alex's weight looks over Alex's back to the other man and they exchange a concerned look. "Detective," begins the first, "The captain specifically ordered us to take you there, and unless the order is rescinded by Carla herself, that's where you're going."

"Yeah, an good luck with that right now. She's on the other ship. Wait, you're the detective, you should already know that."

Alex tries to stare flatly at the second man, but it comes across more as a tired gaze than anything else. The second man reaches forward to push the door to the captain's quarter's open and Alex begins to resist, more so letting his weight fall entirely on the two men's arms than actual struggling. "Wait, at least...at least put me...on the floor...no need to mess...mess up any of the...captain's belongings."

The two men look at each other once more and shrug, the second man grabbing a pillow off the bed and putting it under Alex's head as the first gently lowers him to the deck. As soon as Alex's breathing steadies and his face takes on the relaxed look of sleep, the deckhands leave, heading to see to other duties besides babysitting a man too foolish to move out of harm's way.

Chronepsis
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:42 pm

"Now now, Captain" she chirped sweetly. "I cannot have you behaving in such a manner. How will could I possibly get this on properly with sore feelings? You know how women can be." there was an unsettling glimmer in her eye. It was much like that of a mad villain who had finally had the hero in his clutches.

Of course she was going to take proper care of him, but she did enjoy his nervous expression. She lightly put a finger to his lips. "Shhhhh. Tisk tisk, now where did you get a mouth like that? Now, Doctor Allegra will be here as soon as my detective is patched up. I apologize, but the important things need to be taken care of first. However, in the meantime I can take care of that arm of yours. Hold on one moment."

She go onto the radio. "Doctor, I'm afraid Captain Ezra is awake and fully conscious. Looks like all he really needs is some ointment for his burns and some clean pants." she bit her lip to fight back the giggle. "He is whining and carrying on about painkillers though so if you could come by and patch things up, I'll be much obliged. Captain Ezra can be a killjoy when he's grumpy. I'll be getting a splint on his broken arm. Take your time and make sure the Detective is fixed up and comfortable."

She turned around "Airedale, is it? Please, I hate to trouble you again, but could you find me some strips of cloth? Perhaps some scrap canvas or something" Airedale stood there rather confounded at the moment. First, she openly insulted his captain, but then again she was polite and had remembered his name. He settled with a scowl and a nod and went to get her some cloth.

She knelt back next to Ezra. "I'm sorry my tiny vessel got blown into your sails and you did a fine job taking care of things. Now, give me that arm before I break the other one."

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:05 am

Ezra raised his eyebrows as Carla put a finger to his lips then winced as the movement sent pain shooting down the cuts and grazes on one side of his face. Normally a retort would have been quick from his lips but right now it didn't seem so important as making the pain go away. So, even as Carla mocked him down the radio to her doctor, he settled for a half-hearted glare.

"Sorry, Sir," said Czes apologetically from the corner, embarassment and concern on his heavy features. "I didn't know what else to do but get Miss Carla and her doctor over here."

Airedale clumped down the stairs to the cabin just a minute later, knobbled fists clutching rags of old sail canvas.

"Best, I could do," he said, guardedly, handing them over and hobbling over to where Czeslaw stood by the wall, as if in an attempt to distance himself from what was about to happen.

"You- I think you've missed your calling as a nurse-" muttered Ezra, shifting awkwardly to prop himself up on the bed. "Your bedside manner is- is really something."

He bit back a gasp of pain as he tried to move his broken arm and instead used his uninjured hand to gingerly manuver it onto his lap. He eyed the make-shift splint in Carla's hands and braced himself.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reticulated99 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:34 pm

(OoC: Sorry guys. First this--during finals, no less--and now this. Assuming the Vicodin doesn't have me totally nonfunctional, I should be posting before too long.)

reticulated99
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:19 pm

"Doctor, I'm afraid Captain Ezra is awake and fully conscious. Looks like all he really needs is some ointment for his burns and some clean pants. He is whining and carrying on about painkillers though so if you could come by and patch things up, I'll be much obliged. Captain Ezra can be a killjoy when he's grumpy. I'll be getting a splint on his broken arm. Take your time and make sure the Detective is fixed up and comfortable."

Delia smirked, attempting to prove to herself that she was not afraid. It was a failed attempt. Shooing the fear within with a deep breath, holding her head up high - not that the Captain could see her, of course - she replied in a somewhat odd sounding, faintly neurotic manner.

"Yes, Captain," the words came to her lips rather quickly despite a shaky start, "just give me a few moments." Turning to the Detective to explain, a faint smile made its way to her face. He was resting, thankfully. Hoping the Captain would still hear, she continued. "Let me write out a note for the Detective. He is sleeping now, but should he wake, it is not pleasant for patients to be alone, unaware of their situation."

Moving slightly to her box of supplies, she pulled out some ink and a quill, scratching away upon a small, crumpled piece of found paper.

"Get the splint on him, please," she went on, uncomfortable feelings finding their way back after their brief pause, "and try to get him to stay still."

Bi-coloured eyes scanning the writing quite quickly, she read aloud to herself in a soft breath.

"Detective, I will be gone for a short time to tend to Captain Ezra. Once I return, I intend to get to work on your arm. Please try to rest until then."

It seemed quite the over-reaction, but to one as sensitive as Delia, it seemed rational. It was only polite, and Alex had shown her and the other crew nothing but kindness since arriving. He needed the same treatment - it was only fair.

Packing everything back into the box, securing it carefully, Delia took a long breath as she raised it from the ground, slowly walking back up towards the deck. Heights didn't particularly worry her - it was merely the thought that there was but a rope keeping her from hurtling to her death.

Reaching the deck, she was met by one of the crew members, who pointed out where she'd be crossing. Delia shuddered as she inched closer to it, looking out towards the parallel ship; it seemed so far away, the pair appearing so tiny in comparison to the boundless sky. Stopping at the side, she placed her box down on the wooden deck, taking a moment to scrape her red hair into a tight ponytail. The girl could feel her innards quivering, the tremendous quaking seeming to quicken as her mechanical eye examined the target.

Rubbing her hands together uncomfortably as she eyed the rope, next, it dawned upon her that she couldn't possibly carry over her box of equipment - not unless she enlisted the help of a deckhand. To be honest, that didn't appeal to her. It was not fair to ask another to go through such a dangerous task. Walking back over to a point where she could communicate with the other ship, she attempted to contact Carla.

"Captain?" she spoke clearly. "Captain, I won't be able to bring all of my equipment. The other ship has some supplies, doesn't it? Obviously, I'll have to bring the morphine, but it has basic supplies, yes?"

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:28 am

She sighed heavily. "Goodness, you're behaving s if you haven't had worse scrapes than this. Honestly, captain you're making me wonder what possible fantastical thing I missed out on that has changed you so." She softened a little bit, dark eyes gazing at his burned skin. "I promise, I'll try to be as gentle as I can, but I must make this splint secure."

She made sure the wood was even along his arm. "Inhale" She tied the cloth tightly and knotted it. "Alright, here comes another." She tied a second one so her had each side of the rod secured to his arm. "Right. Two more to go." She bit her lip and tugged another strip of canvas and then another just in time to hear Delia over the radio.

"Bring the drugs and the ointment, I think we can take care of the rest."

She turned to Czezlaw. "If you would please bring me a cloth and a bowl of warm please, that would be nice." She figured the heat would soothe his burn somewhat and ease his muscles.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:10 pm

"What can I say? It- it was probably the broken arm," said Ezra, from between gritted teeth. For all the casual insults that flew between the two of them, he knew that she was doing her best for him so he nodded and looked away as she lined the make-shift splint up along his arm.

He barely had time to follow her instruction before she pulled the cloth tight and he felt bone graze against bone and let out a bitten-back cry at the excrutiating pain that burst like fireworks up his arm. Another tug at another strip and another cry but the white hot pain before had died down a little with repetition or the new position of the bones of his forearm. The next two tugs were borne out with just a grunt and a clench of the sinews of his stomach and neck muscles before she stepped back and he leaned his head back against the wooden wall of the little cabin in relief. Sweat had dampened the hair at his temples and his breathing was a little laboured.

Czeslaw did as Carla said and disappeared into the galley kitchen, coming back a minute later with a earthenware bowl of lukewarm water and a cloth. Clamped under one arm was a small wooden box that constituted their medical supplies, containing a sealed tin of sterilised bandages, needles and thread and a few clean needles.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:47 pm

Her buttoned pockets now containing a variety of bottles, as well as some syringes, Delia stood at the edge of the deck, almost motionless as one of the deckhands finished tightening the harness at her back. It was less than comfortable, and the girl suspected it was a little loose, too.

"You won't have to do much," the man said, in a thick tone, rather suited to his stocky physique, "just try to hold onto the wire."

"Alright," Delia smiled, quite shaky, "thank you."

She decided it would be best if she simply closed her eyes, let the pulleys do their work, and allowed her hands to follow the wire as she went. Standing up to the wire, she let her clammy fingers clamp upon it, almost feeling her stomach fall to her feet as the deckhands began to work. Lifting off the ground slowly, she closed both eyes, feeding the wire through her hands as she went. The wind rushed around her, bringing her heartbeat to a nervous hum. She bit her lip. It couldn't be much longer now, she could hear the squeaking of the pulley upon the Friday, as well as the chatter of some of the crew on the deck.

Thankfully, her inkling was right, and it was a gigantic relief to feel herself slow to a stop. Slowly edging her feet down to the deck, she opened her eyes, managing to unfasten the harness herself. Exhaling, she took a moment to compose herself before approaching one of the crew members.

"Excuse me," she smiled quietly, "could you perhaps tell me where the Captain is? I am the Doctor that Miss Carla has sent for."

The man obliged, pacing the short distance down a corridor to the room. The door was open, and another crew member stood in the room with both Carla and Ezra. Delia smiled, before thanking the crew member that had shown her the way.

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:47 pm

"I fractured my ankle and sprained my wrist two years ago in Charelston and I didn'y make such a fuss." that was the end of her remarks as he cried out. Of course she didn't apologise, she just quieted down. "We should be in London in a couple of hours."

She thanked Czes and took the cloth. She dipped it in the warm water a cloud of steam rising into the air. She lightly placed the cloth agaisnt his face. "Um...you are indeed a lucky man" she said trying to mask the awkwardness she felt in her newfound gentleness.

Delia saved that and she turned thankfully. "Glad you could make it, Doctor. The trip wasn't too terrifying I trust. I think we can find a better splint after we land, but I think it will do for now" she said "If you could look over him, patch up whatever I missed, and give the poor captain his drugs, I think we could get back onto The Scalawag and head to London. That is unless you would prefer to stay here for a couple of hours."

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:05 pm

"Glad you could make it, Doctor. The trip wasn't too terrifying I trust. I think we can find a better splint after we land, but I think it will do for now. If you could look over him, patch up whatever I missed, and give the poor captain his drugs, I think we could get back onto The Scalawag and head to London. That is unless you would prefer to stay here for a couple of hours."

"Alright, Captain," Delia nodded, before casting a sympathetic look to Ezra. "I am sorry I took so long, although I am sure the Captain was more than capable of taking care of you."

Rummaging in her pockets, she removed a few bottles - one containing alcohol for sterilisation, one filled with ointment, and another marked simply 'Morphine' - as well as two syringes. Fingers still trembling slightly, she managed to grip them all in both hands, before returning her attention to the Captain, and Carla.

"I can stay to make sure the Captain here is well," she began, "but I will need to return to our ship soon. It seems that the Detective's mechanical arm needs to be reattached, and I'd like to get to work on that as soon as possible."

She smiled at Ezra warmly.

"Of course, this does not mean I'll rush any of your treatment," she assured him. "Now then, how are you feeling?"

OOC: DxD, forgot to mention - I edited my next template into my last post. :3 The Russian scientist is done, or at least, has been drafted. Just let me know about any needed changes.

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:32 pm

"-Been better," said Ezra, opening his eyes to find Carla replaced with the concerned, odd-eyed gaze of the doctor. Truth was, though putting the splint on had hurt like hell, now that it was on, the stabbing pain in his forearm had deadened down to a dull throb that ebbed and flowed like waves against a shore. The burn down his neck and upper chest felt hot, the fabric of his shirt irritated the red-raw skin underneath.

As he reached over to undo the buttons of his shirt with his good arm, gingerly peeling away the cotton from his skin with a grimace, he looked up at Delia.

"I'll be alright," he said. "Provided you keep your Captain over there from- putting any more splints on me."

More than anything, he was tired. He wanted the pain in his arm and his chest and the side of his face to go away so he could sleep.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:11 pm

"-Been better."

A soft look was cast to him before Delia busied herself with tying back her red hair once more - the chaotic whirling of the wind had loosened it - and quickly rinsing her hands in the alcohol. It seemed the Captain was preparing too - clearly keen to get this over with to have some sleep. Delia approached him, placing her equipment on a small table nearby.

"I'll be alright. Provided you keep your Captain over there from- putting any more splints on me."

Ezra's comment made Delia smirk as she gave him a quick once-over.

"Now, now," she said softly, "she's done a fine job."

Just the sight of the burn at Ezra's chest was enough to make her wince. Delia had only ever been burned once, and even then it was enough to scare her from letting it happen again. The feeling of being burnt was a horrible one, one that stung the skin, leaving it hot and irritable for some time. She was going to need something cold - there was no point in putting any ointment on something as sensitive as that; not only would it sting horribly, but it would most likely end up being infected.

"Excuse me," Delia turned to the deckhand, who was still present, "could you bring some water? As cold as possible, if you don't mind."

The man disappeared, hopefully to return with the requested water. Delia busied herself with the syringe, drawing some of the morphine into it, carefully measuring out the small dose before deeming it suitable for the Captain.

"I don't give out morphine easily," she explained, "but in cases like this it would be cruel of me not to. You're going to feel tired, and sick. Hopefully, more of the former. The rest will do you good, and the medication will numb your pain for now. When you awake, you should feel much better. Still a bit sore, but better than this I should hope. If not, I'm afraid the dose will have to be repeated."

Taking a closer look at his burn, Delia's eye worked away, magnifying sections of the injury while she worked out how severe this was. It looked sore more than anything, but, like any other burn, it would hopefully heal itself in time. At this point, the man returned, clutching a bowl of water. Had Delia known that Carla had asked for some, earlier, she'd have probably felt a little guilty at sending him out twice.

"Thank you," the girl took the water from him, placing it down next to her bottles and syringes at the bedside. Thoughtfully, the crew member had included a cloth. Delia bit her lip slightly. "Captain, this may sting a little at first." The water felt cool enough. It would soothe the burn, but the initial stinging was often very painful. Squeezing some of the excess water from the cloth, Delia placed it at his chest, hoping that it wouldn't hurt too much. It would be worth the pain soon.

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:19 am

Ezra refrained from making any more comments about Carla's handiwork as he watched Delia draw the clear liquid of the morphine into the syringe. He pushed the open collar of his shirt down over his uninjured shoulder to expose his upper bicep. He'd been given morphine before, the first time he'd been hit by lightning, when the burns, this time on his neck, had been far worse than the thankfully superficial ones he'd had to endure this time round. So he was expecting the sting as the needle went in and the pressure as the plug of the syringe was pushed down. It only took a few seconds for a wave of relaxation to overcome his body, his mind unfocusing. The pain seemed to be further away.

Ezra nodded as Delia took a cloth from the waiting deckhand but the only sign that he'd felt it touch his skin was a slight twitch of his upper lip. The feel of the damp cloth against the burn was one of overwhelming coolness. It, along with Delia's practised touch, soothed him. The lids over his moss green eyes began to droop.

Behind them, Czeslaw, convinced that the two women had everything under control, quietly left the cabin, tugging Airedale firmly along with him, to go and mind the workings of the ship.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Paprika on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Delia found herself quite relieved that Ezra had made no complaints about the treatment. Taking a look at his eyes, she smiled to see them slowly close. Chances were he could barely feel the cold cloth upon his skin by now. Hopefully this treatment would be enough, and the only thing he would need to focus on afterward was the healing of his other wounds. She was curious about his arm, though. She wondered whether it would be worth him having it seen to by another doctor. Though, that was a matter that could wait.

Turning to Carla, Delia began to re-fill her pockets.

"It looks like that morphine is working," she smiled, pulling her hair from the ribbon. "I think it would be best for me to leave, in that case. Will you be staying here to keep an eye on him? I'd rather he was not alone here." Looking around, she noticed that the crew member was gone. "If not, it would be nice if someone could stay with him. Just to keep an eye out."

Paprika
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby diabolicalxdamsel on Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Carla watched quietly feeling a little awkward and useless. She felt a little envious of Delia's tactfulness and gentle way of working. She had never been a gentle sort and being raised by a man who lacked social skills and boundaries, she hardly knew how. She was about to turn o leave when Delia spoke to her. She smiled.

"I think poor Ezra has had plenty of me for one night. I can't say my sass will be gone when he wakes. Besides, I need to prepare my crew for landing soon." Actually her crew knew what to do, and Preston knew how to organize things in her absence.

She went to Ezra's desk, took out a pen and paper and jotted a note:
Do get get well soon. ~Carlotta"

She was terrible at showing concern, but she hoped he knew she was sincere and wouldn't get on her case about it too much. It wasn't often that she was kind to her rivals, him in particular.

She called a deckhand up and asked if he could keep an eye on him. She patted Delia's back reassuringly. "Ezra is a strong man. He'll be alright. She dared a glance at his face. Despite the burn and her disliking of him, he was certainly handsome.

She got back onto the line, keeping her gaze towards the sky as she crossed. She was glad to be back on her humble ship and immediately began shouting orders to perk her mood.

diabolicalxdamsel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NorthernSoul on Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:06 am

The deckhand, a boy of fifteen who'd only joined the crew a month ago, nodded furiously at Carla's request and quickly went over to the little wooden-framed bed where the Captain was sleeping. He stood to attention whilst the ladies left and, once the door to the cabin had shut, looked hestitantly over at Captain Blake.

He'd been below deck when the Captain had fallen from the rigging and had had to endure the smug storytelling of another deckhand about the flash of lightning and how Czeslaw, the big Pole who he was a little scared of, had cut a corner of sail free to cushion his blow. He grinned at the thought of how he would be able to recount how he was ordered to guard the Captain whilst he was unconscious by the mysterious Carlotta Depaul and her brilliant (and rather pretty) doctor.

He went over to the desk in the corner, underneath a thick, diamond-paned window through which the lights of The Scalawag could dimly be seen, and examined the maps that were spread across it, pretending that it was he who was in charge of the ship, he who had been charged with accompanying a beautiful aviatrix on a quest to seek justice for her father's death...

From the little bunk, the Captain murmered something and the deckhand jumped, spinning around. Perhaps he'd better pay closer attention, he thought, going over to sit in the chair by the Captain, settling down to wait for the bell to ring from the deck to signal the sighting of land.

NorthernSoul
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!