Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Simple but Great!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Simple but Great!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:12 pm

Hello, everyone!

I'm looking for a couple of people to roleplay something simple with. Nothing flashy. Just a slice-of-life story with a simple premise and a small, open world setting.

Story
The story revolves around the death of a young adult in a small town. While he never managed to get out of the town he grew up in, most of the rest of his high school peers have. His parents have sent out invitations to anyone who knew him from high school to attend the funeral. Although it's been around 7 years since you've left high school and made a life for yourself, you can't help but feel the urge to go back to your old town and pay your respects.

Sounds interesting? I know it isn't much. No explosions, elves, lasers, or vampires here. Just a simple story about people reconnecting, dealing with death, and other mundane life stuff. But I think there's a lot of room for some nice character-driven storytelling here that could turn out to be quite interesting.

About Me
I've been roleplaying for over 8 years now and have been involved with a successful series of games for around 6 of those years. I'm just looking for something different and easy without the same sort of commitment that my other stuff has. Generally, I've written mid to low fantasy stuff, but in my earlier years, I did my fair share of super-powers, high school, and related stuff. I also do a bit of poetry from time to time, but that's more my personal works than my roleplaying stuff.

What I Expect
Not much really. I do have my standards, but I'm not putting too much effort into this and I don't really expect others to put their heart and souls into it either. As long as it's fun, I'm happy.

More specifically, I have a couple of requests:
  • I'm fine with love interests. Slice-of-life begs for some amount of it. As long as it isn't the only thing your character does it's cool.
  • Respect the site rules about sexually explicit content. Leave that to the PMs if you really want to go into depth about it, but also be safe :)
  • This doesn't have to be a daily commitment and I don't expect you to write novels (in fact, I may discourage it). I personally might add 100-200 or so words every other day.
  • A certain level of maturity to reflect the subject matter would also be nice.
  • In the end, I'm just looking to have fun. Get creative and see where this open world takes you.

Interestd?
Great! Don't be afraid write down bellow and let me know. Or, if you want to PM me, go ahead. Ask any questions you may have.

I can't wait to start roleplay with you fine people!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Simple but Great!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby barnes on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:29 am

hi! would you still be interested? because I definitely am.

wild women don't get the blues but xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lately i've been crying like a small child xxxxxx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

barnes
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Novelist Giver

Re: Simple but Great!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:23 am

Thanks for the interest, Julie. Unfortunately, the idea has grown in my head and I'd rather make it into a short story which I plan on submitting to a contest. For eligibility reasons, there may be some issues regarding the credibility of the story if I use some elements to make it into a roleplay. This means I'll have to pass until at least the end of the contest (which, may be some time).

If I come up with any new ideas or if you have similar ideas of your own, let me know. Regardless, I'll send you a PM when the contest is concluded to see if you're still interested.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!