Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Slipped through my Grasp

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Slipped through my Grasp

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:23 pm

**Closed to all but DumbDora and I**

Emma Clark

A night of partying, that was the best way to get over a bad break up. Emma loved her friends, they knew how to pull her out of a stoop, but this time it was different. She had really thought that Paul was the one, but he turned out to be a real jerk and broke her heart. She was sure she wasn't going to get over him, and she didn't really want to. So the cure to all things devastating, her friends forced her to shower before dressing her up in a rather flirty fashion and took her out. Emma had never been so drunk and ridiculous in her life. It felt so good to let go and get loose. She partied it up and ended up with a few phone numbers. She naturally felt better, until of course Paul showed up with some tramp on his arm.

That was how she found herself, blubbering into the telephone to James, a summer sweetheart. Her friends had dropped her off at home. She was going to just allow herself to pass out over her bed, when she spotted the photo frame with a picture of her and James in it. It was from about 7 years prior when she was vacationing in Florida with her family over the summer break. She was just fifteen, and he was about sixteen if she remembered correctly. She hadn't ever really had a first love before, but James really was different. He had been completely sweet to her and made her feel like she was the only thing that mattered in the world. Somehow she had never felt that way since then. She'd been in a couple relationships after that, but none of the guys compared.

In one last hope to feel better about the whole situation, she called him up in a very drunken state. She was surprised the number he had given her still worked. They hadn't really seen each other since then and Emma was constantly telling herself she had gotten over him and his dazzling charms.

The conversation was a lot of sobbing and slurred words. He was just as sweet as she had remembered. He told her things would be just fine, yet deep down it was unsettling to her.

"Calm down Emma, you're fine. You're worth far more than Paul deserved." He soothed gently.

"B-but-" she hiccuped and quickly blew her nose away from the phone. "He s-said I wazn't go-ood 'nough." She continued to hiccup miserably.

"He's just a jerk Emma."

That was basically the whole conversation for well over an hour. She kept repeating the same words and he kept assuring her he wasn't worth this and she was worth much more. James finally got her to calm down.

"Call me in the morning, let me know your okay, all right?" he asked her with a gentle and patient tone.

"M'kay." She sighed sleepily.

Emma never really did call him back. She was too embarrassed with herself to even think about it. She had poured out her miserable heart and told him everything about her awful dumping from a guy she had genuinely liked. James probably thought she was a complete nutter. No, it was really best to forget about that night and perhaps James all together. He was causing her to hold high expectations with other guys. Emma had come to the conclusion to just be content with her life now. There was no point in making herself more miserable than she needed to be.

“Come on girl! Party it up!” Meranda, a dear friend of Emma, was yelling over the loud music booming through massive speakers.

Emma laughed as she gulped down her rather intoxicating drink. She got to her feet and allowed Meranda to pull her over to the dance floor. They both began to shake about wildly, almost as if they were possessed, in tune to the music. They laughed rather loudly when a couple guys formed a circle with them. Emma loved the club atmosphere, it made things easier and more fun. Life always looked better with the strobe light and a little buzz.

“I got to go get a drink!” Emma shouted over the song to Meranda after they had been dancing for quite a while.

“Get me one too!” Meranda shouted after her.

Emma stumbled slightly as she walked over to the bar. She had to quickly catch herself so she wouldn’t crash against the counter. Perhaps buzz was understating things. She was probably a little over the legal limit.

“What can I get you?” the bar tender asked simply, though he eyed her a little greedily.

“Two dry martinis!” she said rather excitedly, a smile blooming across her face as she took a seat on the stool.

Oh yes, clubbing was always the best way to get over a guy.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Slipped through my Grasp

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Marcus Roller was an eligible bachelor, according to all his friends and all his ex-girlfriends. Sure at times, he'd fall back into the same web with an ex-girlfriend or two, but he'll always realize the very main reason why they're called his EX-girlfriends and the same story repeats itself almost to the point. He's almost lost hope of every finding the right girl. Especially since just last month Emma called him, wasted to the point of no spaces between words. He'd hardly understood her blubbering words, but he did get the gist. However, she hasn't called since. His theory? That she's completely forgotten about calling him, she was drunk after all. It didn't quite phase Marcus, but it did get him wondering for a day or two. It was just that, a day or two. He hasn't seen her for seven years, back then, he was barely through his puberty years, and she was just a small, young flower. He briefly wondered what she looked like today, but it was a fleeting thought.

By now, he's forgotten she had called him. He had his own issues, managing a bar, clingy ex-girlfriends and new girls. His buddies were up his ass about going out every night. He never thought mid-twenties would be the most busiest of his life.

After working all day, a nightclub wasn't on Mark's agenda. He would have rather fell into his couch with a game on TV and a beer in his hand. But his friends had convinced him that it was a special night, and of course, it was special, shots were for two dollars. They had all, the four of them, rooted themselves at the bar, one of them scoping out girls, but too shy to approach, the other pounding a row of shots, Mark's best friend was complaining about his current girlfriend, and Marcus, well, he was just chillin' there, with a cranberry vodka in his hand.

It wasn't until a body almost knocked his drink out of his hand did he actually pay attention to his surroundings, and to his surprise, it was a very attractive young woman. A martini girl, one of the more classier ones. Though it seemed she went overboard with the classy drink. Marcus quickly steadied her against the bar when she seemed to sway off her feet.

"Hey cutie, don't think you had too much?" Mark's best bud called out to her, leaning slightly over Marcus, who immediately found the bar stuffy what with his buddy trying to flirt with a girl right through him.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Emma looked at the man who had grabbed her to help steady her so she wouldn't fall down and possibly injure herself. She smiled at him. He was cute. She couldn't help but giggle slightly at his actions. He seemed a little familiar and she squinted her eyes trying to figure it out. Her fuzzy thoughts were interupted as the man on the other side of this cute stranger spoke. She couldn't help but giggle again. Even if she wasn't in her intoxicated state, she'd still be flattered by the stranger's pet name for her. She held a finger up and was surprised when she saw it sway only to realize it was her body swaying.

"Actually you may be right." She said as she gripped the counter and looked back to the man who had steadied her, completely ignoring the other man who had addressed her. "I suppose I should thank you for making sure I won't end up in the emergency room tonight." She giggled again. "So what's the name of my saving knight?" she asked him with a rather flirty expression as her giggles began to calm down and she got a more level head the more she stared at him. He was a very cute guy, and if he proved to be interested in her, well then perhaps something might happen. As the bartender served her the drinks she stared at them and realized that this would be the one drink to tip her over. At the moment she wanted to stay as coherent as possible as this man had caught her eye and she didn't want to make herself and utter fool.

"I suppose Meranda could have it." She said to herself and looked around the club in time to see Meranda wave as she was leaving the club on the arm of a very dark and seductive looking sort of man. "Oh crap." She frowned as she realized she had just lost her ride home.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:36 pm

[Sorry I changed the name, James felt overused.]

Marcus watched with amusement as the girl lifted a swaying finger up and almost staggered while doing so. He had to permanently hold his arm around her waist, otherwise she'd end up, like she said, in an emergency room tonight. Mark's buddy was ignored as the girl swayed into him, directing her attention towards him. Needless to say, Marcus grinned, flipping on the switch of a charming smile. "Marcus," he met her eyes. She was either trying to stop her sight from spinning or she was fully staring at him. "Yours?" he asked, briefly turning to catch the bartender's attention. He ordered a glass of water and set it in front of her.

Before he could say anything, she was almost turning to leave with the two martinis, but instead of stepping away, she uttered a quiet "Oh, crap." Marcus furrowed his brows as a result, not sure if she was talking about their presence or entirely something else. "What's the matter?" he asked, leaning his elbow on the polished counter. His friends took the hint and busied among themselves.

The girl did look really familiar to him, but he couldn't pin point it at all. After all, there have been so many women in his life that all of their faces molded into one bitter one. That face haunted his dreams of the most terrible fights. The cheating, the fighting, the lies. The molded face of these women was a threat to him. But as it happens, this girl's face failed to match the face of many.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:48 pm

[I realized as much, though I was rather confused at first. I also find it horribly ironic and I laughed when I saw the new name as that was the exact name in my head ealier! Weird!]

Emma smiled softly, though a little light bulb went off in the back of her mind. "Marcus," she repeated softly. "I like it." She told him in a matter-of-fact sort of voice. If she wasn't as drunk as she was, she would've connected the dots, but it was rather obvious that wasn't about to happen at the moment. "I'm Emma." She smiled lightly, suddenly realizing he hadn't let go of her waist. She would've slinked out of his arm by now if he was anyone else, but she just felt so comfortable there. Emma was surprised as he ordered the water, but she felt rather touched by it. It was a ridiculous time to feel warm and fuzzy inside without it being the alcohol. Most guys would be buying her more in hopes to take advantage of her, Marcus was actually caring about her and getting her water instead of pushing her over the brink.

Her attention returned rather easily to Mark as he asked her what the matter was. "Oh, that." She laughed slightly, though it had the giggly tone to it. "Well my ride just stranded me in a club with no way of getting home. And to think she was my best friend." She narrowed her eyes at the last statement, but it was obviously some sort of inside joke between her and Meranda.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:44 am

Marcus would have noticed the name coincidence immediately if it wasn't for the deep mindset that Emma wasn't a club girl. He could never imagine her in this sort of predicament, nor he wished to imagine her right now. Mark turned his head to follow Emma's gaze, then glanced back at her with an amused expression. "We'll call you a taxi, don't worry," he offered, clearly not offering to be a ride himself or a taxi ride together. Marcus, of course, didn't want to come off to hard. His buddy, however, was leaning over him again. "Emma-" he had caught her name, "-you wanna dance?" the guy asked, extending his arm behind Marcus for her to take.

The only way Marcus could feel right now was the obvious cock-block. He just grinned to himself and nursed his drink, eventually finishing it and ordering another one. Hell, if tonight was going to be one of those nights, he would have put up a stronger resistance. But the music was bouncing and the lights were engaging, he couldn't help but feel the energy of activity.

"I'll be right back," Marcus murmured, before slipping off his stool and heading towards the nearest bathroom. There, he had time to cool off. Not only was his buddy pissing him off, but the entire situation and the predicament he was in with his ex-girlfriends was riding him bare. Eventually, he slipped out of the crowded bathroom and headed towards the empty spot he left at the bar, but just four feet away from his cooling seat, a familiar blond stepped into his path and immediately wrapped her arms around his neck in a suffocating embrace.

"Marky!" she squeezed him, then kissed his cheek. Greta, one of the things he was avoiding tonight.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:00 am

Emma looked at Marcus with a rather surprised look before she let a smile come onto her face. He truly was a gentleman. She knew many men would merely take up the chance to give her a ride home themself in order to hopefully get into her pants. She was drunk enough that she probably wouldn't put up a fight, and she knew she was definitely pretty enough to not walk by without getting noticed by a few men. She wondered if that was why she failed so much with men, because sometimes she was really easy, and other times she was far too hard to get.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it." She said as she felt his arm release her waist as he turned back to his drink. He was so familiar, but she couldn't quite place him. His friend addressed her and she looked passed Marcus at the man as he asked her if she wanted to dance. She may have been done drinking for the night, but she was more than up to keep on dancing. "Sure." She smiled in a rather flirty way. After all, Marcus' friend wasn't an ugly fellow, though he wasn't quite as attractive as Marcus was.

Marcus excused himself and his buddy took no wasted time in moving over to her and taking her hand. It felt a little rough, but Emma didn't care at the moment. They moved over to the dance for and began to move together when her thoughts turned back to Marcus. Why was he so familiar? It was really bothering her.

After a little while of dancing Emma told him she needed to sit down. He guided her back over to the bar where a very attractive, though obviously clingy, sort of blonde was attached to Marcus. Emma immediately felt jealousy and anger flash through her at the sight, but she held a little bit of satisfaction in seeing that Marcus looked awfully uncomfortable with the girl.

It suddenly hit Emma. The reason why he was so familiar, the reason why she found him so attractive, and the reason why it seemed so peculiar for him to have such wonderful manners when his friend obviously didn't.

It was Marcus Roller, her childhood sweetheart.

Emma felt as though she'd been hit in the face. She instantly sobered up at the thought. She felt a pang of anxiety and sadness sweep over her like a horde of flies as she watched the bimbo hooked to his side.

"Is this your girlfriend Mark?" she couldn't stop herself from asking, her voice nearly sounded hurt.
Last edited by Sirius Baren on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Currently, Mark was struggling with a pest, but being himself, he wasn't a firm fist of just telling her no. He muttered no, stop, get off, but he never said it firmly. Taking the slightly buzzed Mark on an advantage, the girl pressed her lips to his, but it was one of those one-sized kissed, where Mark steadied her away from him by her shoulders. "Stop it, okay," he hissed, his brows knitting together in a frown of disappointment. Emma had gone somewhere, his buddy was gone, and it was clear and obvious. Mark seated himself back in his spot and Vanessa quickly rooted herself where his buddy previously sat.

"Listen, I don't know what's going on with you, but it's clearly fate that we met here," Vanessa murmured, her arms still along his shoulders.

"You're always here," Mark turned to look at her, the irritation clear in his tone and in his expression.

"So? But you're not," suddenly Vanessa became defensive in her theory. It wasn't until Emma returned with Mark's friend. There was a mixture of response, his friend exclaimed a comment about Vanessa followed by a long whistle. And right after that, Emma's hurt question caused for Mark to turn around with an immediate response.

"No sh-"

"-Yes! I am, and who are you?" Vanessa interrupted Mark, who's death glare snapped onto her.

"Nessa," he threatened, peeling her arms off his neck, "You better get going," the tension in his voice got a confused response from Vanessa, who lifted her chin higher, stood and stalked off with a bitter atmosphere. Mark watched after her, and when he turned to look at Emma, she looked far different than the drunk girl that bumped into him. It was a face of hurt, as if Mark did something terribly wrong. Needless to say, he stared at her. "Whats wrong?"

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:40 pm

Emma didn't like the sight of the girl attached to Mark. She felt bitterness sting inside of her, but she refused to let herself even go there. That summer had been a long time ago. She was a little confused as Mark and the girl both answered at once. She just stared at them, wondering what was going on. She could see the possession inside of the girl's eyes and wanted to stratch the girl's throat out. She restrained herself though.

A small triumphant piece of satisfaction found it's way inside of her as Mark peeled the girl from around his neck and told her to get lost. The girl's ego seemed very bruised, but she did leave. Emma couldn't help but visibly relax a little. This was no time to get her own jealousy and possessive side flaring up when she had lost this incredible guy almost a decade ago.

Mark asked her if she was all right, and she offered him a small smile. "I suppose it's the alcohol." She tried to laugh it off, but she didn't feel like partying anymore. "I just don't feel well, I think I should go home..." She trailed off and looked around feeling a little awkward. He didn't even recognize her, or if he did he was doing one fabulous job of concealing it.

"Who was that anyway?" she asked curiously and kept the nasty tone from her voice as she didn't want to scare him away.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:29 pm

[Sorry for the wait!]

When Emma mentioned going home, Mark took a moment to contemplate on what to do to keep her hanging around longer. Not only was she an ex-girlfriend repel, but she was beautiful and no man can resist a good looking woman. Emma, however, was familiar on a level that Mark was sure he knows her, it was just at the tip of his tongue. Eventually, when he didn't think of any reason for her to stay if she didn't feel well, Mark shrugged, "Want me to walk you home?" He asked, though her quick question caught him off guard.

"Ex," he explained to her, being completely honest.

Mark's buddies had found something to satisfy their needs, two blond girls who were hunting for guys who could buy drinks for them. Needless to say, Mark's friends were all over that.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:41 pm

[no problem!]

Emma felt a bit of relief overcome her as he offered to walk her home. "That would actually be really nice." She smiled. Emma knew him, so she had no qualms with herself in agreeing to let him know where she lived. It was usually a rule with her and Meranda that they never brought any men to their apartments. There were so many stories in the paper about rapes, muggings, kidnapping, and even murder. Emma was out to have a good time, but that didn't mean she couldn't play it a little safe.

"Ex? Ah, no wonder she was being aggressive. You must be quite the catch." She winked at him as they began to move towards the exit door of the club. They came outside into the clear and crisp air. Emma spread her arms and took a deep breath as she looked up at the sky.

"Ah, what a beautiful night to be alive!" she turned to look at him, unable to contain her blissful smile. "Don't you think?"

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:03 pm

Leaving his friends in the club wasn't an issue with Mark. He had mentioned going to walk Emma home, when all he got were a few distracted, "Yeah okay!" before he and Emma actually managed to get outside thought the crowds. Marcus ignored the comment of being quite the catch, since the truth was far from it. He wasn't a catch at all, since most of his relationships ended brutally. Since it was late already, the wasn't any line outside, just a bored bouncer, to whom Mark nodded casually before following Emma out into the crispy air.

He couldn't help but eye her frame just as she spread her arms and looked pretty blissful, in response, Mark grinned warmly, "Of course," he replied, tucking his hands into his jacket pockets. Under the street lamp, he was seriously convinced that he knew her, and as they began walking towards in the direction of her home, he couldn't help but ask. "You know," he began, glancing at her briefly, "You look real familiar," He admits. The truth was, he forgot what he name was, even when she had told him what it was inside the club. Just the surrounding events and Vanessa, it all distracted him to actually remember it.

"I'm sorry, I forgot your name," he spoke, his features apologetic.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:15 pm

Emma looked to him as he stuffed his hands into his jacket pockets. She found it a rather cute pose and took a mental snap shot. It was a chilly night, but her skin was still blazing hot from being inside of the club. The cool and fresh air felt pleasant and succeeded in clearing her head up even further. She stumbled a few times as they walked down the side walk and had no choice but to grab or lean on him when she did. Every time she mumbled "sorry".

Emma's stomach sank at his words. He recognized her, but he couldn't place her. She felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end. She didn't want him to remember her. It had been so long ago, and then that drunken phone call had been such a huge and embarrassing mess.

"Perhaps I'm another ex who's drugged you up so I can have my way with you when we get to my place." She teased him. She probably wouldn't have been so bold or blunt in her words had she been entirely sober, but if she had been entirely sober she wouldn't have let him walk her home in an attempt to hang on to the nonexistent relationship between them.

"It's Emma, but I don't care if you forget." She shrugged her shoulders as she tried to shrug the fact off that they did know each other.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:13 pm

"Perhaps I'm another ex who's drugged you up so I can have my way with you when we get to my place."

To that, Marcus couldn't help but laugh. It sounded so unreal that he immediately took it as a joke. Of course, it was, after all just a joke because when she did say her name, he glanced at her a bit longer, enough for him to catch a hint of where he knows her from. "You know Megan by any chance?" Wrong. That wasn't it, but she sure did look like a friend that his sister brought around a few months ago. "Nah, probably not," he quickly caught himself.

They had made it down one block when Mark stopped in his tracks and lit a cigarette he'd plucked out of his pack. "You don't mind?" he briefly awaited her response, when it came, the lighter was struck and the flickering flame lit the end of his cigarette. A cloud of smoke billowed from his mouth when he plucked it from his lips. Although for a perfect gentleman, it was rude to smoke in front of a girl, then again, this was the 21st century, this shit wouldn't matter.

"Alright, so tell me, does that friend of yours always do this to you?" he asked to lighten up the mood. He knew that for her, this was probably better than going home and nursing her drunk friend all night. That random, tall-dark-and-handsome could take that job while Emma took the chance in getting to know someone good. Yes, as narcissistic as it sounds, Mark considered himself the good guy who makes bad choices.

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Emma was rather happy to see him laugh and she was glad he got the joke. She liked having a little mystery around herself, though she did realize she was frightened for him to figure it out. She wasn't sure what she could do to throw him off, but she'd need to think of something soon. "Megan? Nope, sorry, try again." She smiled at him as they continued to walk down the block.

She watched him as he pulled a cigarette out and lit it up. "No, not as long as we're out in the open and I don't have to smell it. Though, you do know that it's death rolled up into a stick?" she had never even had the desire to start smoking. There were too many cons to even make it worth risking the pros. Smoking could become a dangerous habit, but she wasn't the kind of person who took great offense if others around her smoked. She merely thought they should make more health conscious decisions.

"Sadly enough, she does. Sometimes I'll ditch her, but usually she's the one who ends up going home with the next hottest guy." She crinkled her nose after she spoke as she realized how that sounded. "Wow, that came out wrong. I promise we're not prostitues." She quickly added, though she was still smiling. "Do your ex's always stalk you?" she asked him in turn as she didn't want to reveal to much about herself incase that helped him realize who she was.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbDora on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:59 pm

The conversation was light and enjoyable, and although Mark wasn't like the next guy or like his buddies, he did wonder a few private things of the girl that was in his company right now. Then the topic of ex's came about, and immediately, Mark stiffened. "Do you honestly want to hear this?" He asked, glancing at her, then just as quickly staring off towards the front. Needless to say, the groan that his stomach emitted was loud enough for few to hear. "You wanna stop by somewhere to eat and I'll tell you all about my stalkers?" Mark grinned, awaiting her answer so they could weave down an alley shortcut towards a quiet little Mexican place.

Marcus did seem like the good guy when it came to first impressions, but his aloof demeanor and a friendly smile was a mask, more so an illusion of an entirely different man inside than he was on the outside. Those 'stalkers' he titled, knew the man that he was inside; it thrilled them, and sent them on a borderline obsession. What kind of man was he? Two-faced. Not necessarily in a bad way. Just a natural trait of a Gemini.

[Really sorry for the shitty post, I didn't want to make you wait. But right now I'm suuuper busy, so posts are not as frequent as I want them to be. Not as detailed or good for that matter, either.]

DumbDora
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:16 am

((It's okay, I completely understand.))

Emma looked at him as he asked her if she really wanted to hear. She shrugged her shoulder. She wasn't sure if she wanted to hear about it, but what else did they have to talk about. She didn't want them stumbling towards who she was, so this seemed like the easiest conversation. "If you don't want to talk about it, it's perfectly fine." She assured him. The sudden mention of possible food had her stomach growling. Emma hadn't realized that she was hungry. "You know, food does sound like a rather lovely idea right now." She smiled at him.

Emma followed closely to him as they cut down an alleyway. They came to a stop in front of a rather small and quaint looking mexican restaurant. Mexican was one of her favorites. They walked in and she was very pleased to see that there wasn't very many other people there. Who in their right mind would be up in the middle of the night to sit down at a mexican restaurant?

They were seated very quickly and handed menus. She looked over the top of her menu at him for a moment. Did she really want to risk getting to know him all over again? After a moment to think, she realized that she did. They ordered their food and their menus were swept away from them. All she had ordered to drink was water as she didn't want very much more alchol for the night.

"So, about your stalkers?" she ventured to question.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!