Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Snakes and Ladders: Now Serving Ducks To Each New Player

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Snakes and Ladders: Now Serving Ducks To Each New Player

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nannyhap on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:42 pm

EDIT: Cookies for new players. How can you pass that up?

Hey there! Nan here, putting up another of these Infernal (pun not intended) recruiting threads because the last one was poorly phrased and is now well beyond editing.

Rather than presenting you with a link and a very enthusiastic GO FORTH, I'm actually going to pitch my roleplay to you, so give me just a minute, kiddies! If you'd rather find out the info for yourself, though, just go here...

...and that should give you something to occupy your afternoon. Or evening! Or whatever time of day it is on whatever planet you're reading this from.

Wait a second, Nan! What are you on about?!
Why, a roleplay, of course. Why else would I be here? What other reason would I have to grace this forum with my ridiculous presence? In short, I'm here to tell you why you should encourage your Internet addiction and spend some time online with our darling little troupe rather than going out into the world to hang out with your real friends. Don't worry, I promise, you'll like it. It's messy.

Okay, okay, but it better be really messy. What's the concept?
Demons!

Ah, wait, no, stop reaching for the salt! That's the concept, not a warning shout. The roleplay is set in Hell, and focuses entirely on the life and times of the demons that reside within--in a sort of black-comedy demons-are-people-too kind of way. We're starting at a low level of power, in a place called the Sandlot, where young demons devour damned souls and duke it out for survival, and damned souls scramble to devour the five hearts(I told you it was messy) required to become demons themselves (and therefore remove their names from the menu.)

There are also positions available for characters of higher power, if you think you'd like to play a more impressive demon and invite these ridiculous, incompetent demon babies under your wing. That requires PM approval, but I'm a pretty lax GM. If you're willing to work with me and your writing is up to scratch, then you'll have a lot of wiggle room to make a character that's right for you.

Yeah, but what's the plot?!
Ahh, never satisfied, are you? But that's what I like about you lot, always hungry for information. Brace yourselves, loves--this answer is something of a bumpy one.

There isn't a plot.

That's not to say that there won't be in due time. I've noticed those sorts of things tend to coalesce. But the roleplay revolves around character driven and user generated content, such as subplot ideas that you, the player, submit. Right now there's something of an overlying redemption/damnation theme going on (it's Hell, what did you expect?), but characters may make motions towards any sort of end--even world domination, if they find the Overworld to be unsatisfactory. Or if they're just plain power hungry.

If that's going to be a problem for you, I suppose you should turn back now--but if you're willing to give it a shot, then keep reading!

Alright, crazy lady, what can I expect in this "super cool roleplay of awesome doom"?
You know, my friend, I'm really glad you asked that. Here, let me give you what I consider to be a handy-dandy list, filled with magic, glitter, and wonderment, to ease your troubled mind. This roleplay includes, but is not limited to, the following features:

1. A fully developed world that will unfold before your eyes as your characters and the rest begin to explore it.
  2. Active OOC discussion with super mega fun people (who know what they're doing).
  3. Reasonable post lengths (between 300 and 1500 words of excellent prose for any given post).
  4. A helpful GM who thinks about too many things.
  5. Detailed character crits upon request.
  6. Ridiculous banter.
  7. Lighthearted black comedy (wait, what?).
  8. A reasonable system of character growth and power levels, without all the math and silliness.
  9. A free duck. I've just sent it, but to save on postage, I've let it fly on its own, so there's no telling when it will show up. Be patient. The duck knows your heart.
  10. A free-use chatroom for quick OOC discussion and silliness.
  11. Helpful overuse of OOC threads.
  12. And most importantly, a good time!

And anything you (yes, YOU) can bring to the table! We're also having a swimming pool put in, so, you know, there's that.

So come on down. We're waiting for you. We've got all the best composers here in Hell.

You know you want to.

We'll be seeing you there, yeah? Yeah. I thought so.

Thanks all!
x-Nan
Last edited by Nannyhap on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ask me about metaphysical calamity pudding!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nannyhap
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Snakes and Ladders: Not just a board-game anymore!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Fantastic Roleplayers Wanted thread! Best of luck to you! I know I have to check back in with this story eventually ..

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nannyhap on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Much appreciated! No hurry on checking back in--while we'd love to have you about, the roleplay is moving at about the speed of "All our RPers are in college and don't always have time to post OH NO" right now.

Now if only folks were looking for this sort of roleplay. ALAS.

Nannyhap
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Haha, I'm in college as well. Definitely feel ya. GOOD LUCK. BE AWESOME. BREAK ALL OF THE LEGS.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nannyhap on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:46 am

Bumping because it's been just under a month.

Alright, kids, finals time is approaching--which means that in the next few weeks, some of you will have time to pick up a new roleplay! So, uhh, you should definitely pick ours. We have violence and murder.

And uhh.

Butts! :P

Nannyhap
Member for 12 years

Re: Snakes and Ladders: Now Serving Ducks To Each New Player

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 am

Seriously, guys--ducks, butts, cookies, and murder. I don't know about you, but that sounds like the greatest roleplay of all time. OF ALL TIME.

It's pretty swell. Really. Join and be merry.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Re: Snakes and Ladders: Now Serving Ducks To Each New Player

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nannyhap on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:37 pm

We also have group ping pong tournaments, if that sways anyone.

Nannyhap
Member for 12 years

I would totally be interested in this! I'm in college also, but usually I'm pretty good about logging in at least once a day and posting at least once a week, if nothing else. I'm checking out the RP tab right now!
All say, "How hard it is that we have to die" - a strange complaint to come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
~Mark Twain

BleedingCrimson
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!