Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shadows of The Forgotten

SOF - Ask a Character Thread

a part of “Shadows of The Forgotten”, a fictional universe by Blackbird26.

Things seem to have calmed in the land of Valcrest. The war, the assassins' inner disputes, the peoples' demands for a solution... But is the land actually calm, or is this just a calm moment before a even bigger storm? (FULL)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shadows of The Forgotten”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: SOF - Ask a Character Thread

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nibblesnbits on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Essence wrote:What would you consider to be the most annoying enlightenment to have? I know something similar was asked some time ago, but was curious.

Ari: Annoying enlightenment? Perhaps Beastspeaking. Having to listen to all the bird brains-- *nudges Kirsten*

Phantom: Enlightenment should not be taken lightly. It's a gift from the gods. People are annoying. Not Gifts.

Kirsten: Stop touching me Ari.

Ari: That dosen't answer the question!!!

Kirsten: People, like Phantom said are annoying. Not enlightenments *growls*

Stephan: I think if someone could talk to the dead-

Ari: Annoying. Moaning about what they could have been and all... but I think this raises a better question, is the question refering to having to deal with? Or perhaps having it effect you? Of the latter, I would say anything to do with my mind. I hate it when people can get inside and read me. I have secrets and I don't want people snooping around, nor do I want them looking through repressed memories. I do not dig them up for a reason.

Q:Can we all agree that Dastan, Crys, Sean, Ella, Kirsten, and any others i've forgotten to mention are a little obsessive?
Come Away With Me...Let me show you what I can see

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nibblesnbits
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr_Doomed on Sun May 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Nibbs wrote:Q:Can we all agree that Dastan, Crys, Sean, Ella, Kirsten, and any others I've forgotten to mention are a little obsessive?

Evin: "Valcrest seems to do that to people. Obsession is a key feature to people's lives in Valcrest. They obsess about ideals, about people and places. I myself have several obsessions. Is Crys has an obsession then I think she does the best at hiding it... let's not talk about Ella."

Lamya: "Obsessed to the point of insanity. Everyone is chasing dreams and desires. If I cared a little more, it might actually make me sick."

Alexander: "There's a difference between obsessions and knowing what you want."

Dominic: "Let them obsess! It makes the world go round."

Q: What do you think is your least selfish desire?
“I have wrestled with death. It is the most unexciting contest you can imagine. It takes place in an impalpable greyness, with nothing underfoot, with nothing around, without spectators, without clamour, without glory, without the great desire of victory, without the great fear of defeat, in a sickly atmosphere of tepid scepticism, without much belief in your own right, and still less in that of your adversary.”
― Joseph Conrad

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr_Doomed
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Sun May 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Q: What do you think is your least selfish desire?[/quote]

Ess: "You know, every time I open my mouth to answer that question, the words 'I want', are the first to come to mind and that simply suggests what 'I want' is selfish. Also, that is not a topic I freely discuss with just anyone...."

Darren: "I think the question was directed more on something that was beneficial to others and not just yourself....Such as, 'IF I was King, there would be Peace and prosperity across the land...'." *Chuckles*

Ess: *quirks brow* "How did we get on the subject of you becoming King? Is that a secret desire of yours? Do you feel being King is unselfish?"

Darren: *scratches his chin* "Actually, I have no desire to be King and the possibility of peace in an entirety, is just not possible....but it would be nice if this war would cool off. So maybe that's what I want...the war to be over."

Ess: "All due respect...that still is a bit selfish, right? I mean....isn't that to also benefit yourself and make yourself more at ease? Granted, being selfish isn't...all bad. It's needed, I guess. Isn't selfishness and desires what gives our own lives meaning? If no meaning, then what's the point?"

Darren: "You're still avoiding the question, in a way. So depending on the desire, yes you either approve or disapprove. Ok, so what do you want? What is your reason for waking up each day?"

Essence glares but Darren simply smiles. "You said it yourself...what's the point then?"

Ess: *Eyes sadden and looks away* "All desires are selfish..." She whispered. "There's plenty I want...those extremely selfish desires...I don't feel is anyone's business...but if I were to answer...I think it's rather obvious from my childhood what I desire...but that is very much driven by the satisfaction and comfort it would bring, even for a moment before I would continue on the task of ridding the land of everyone who would dare hurt a child." *Inhales deeply* "Take it as you will."

Q: What does the term 'humanity' mean to you?
So save your breath, I will not care
I think I made it very clear
You couldn't hate enough to love
Is that supposed to be enough?

I only wish you weren't my friend
Then I could hurt you in the end
I never claimed to be a saint
Ooh, my own was banished long ago
It took the death of hope to let you go

http://youtu.be/fJXEerT4TCk

Essence
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Sun May 12, 2013 10:53 pm

Q:What does the term 'humanity' mean to you?

Crys: "Humanity is... Complicated... In a nutshell, for me humanity is the ability to do horrifying things and it's also the ability to choose not to. It's a curse, a blessing, and everything else in between."

Ali: *sigh* "Why do people have to get all deep and philosophical with these questions? Aren't games supposed to be fun? To me humanity is a word people use as a compliment one day and as an insult the next without really knowing what the hell it's supposed to mean... Just like every other major words such as 'peace', it should stand for something but it just doesn't anymore."

Jake: "I don't know, I guess... Humanity is... To question ourselves, to doubt..."

Luckas: "Humanity is a lie. It's a word we made up to help us ignore the fact that deep down we're just animals too frightened of their own instincts."

Annie: "Are you frightened of your instincts Luckas?"

Luckas: "Well, since I've been constantly accused of lacking humanity, one would assume I am not."

Annie: "Accusations and assumptions, don't make something true."

Luckas: *snickers* "You'd think."

Annie: "Maybe your humanity is what frightens you."

Luckas: "What is humanity to you, then, Miss Annie? What do you think I'm so afraid of?"

Annie: "Pain... Love... How we experience it and how it changes us. I think that all those things that constitute humanity can be summarized by how many different directions we can be driven by our emotions. And I think that frightens you."

Luckas: *mutters incoherently under his breath*

Q: Do you believe there is a thing such as 'fate'? Or in other words; do you believe things happen for a reason?
"Real power comes not from hate, but from truth."

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nibblesnbits on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:00 am

Blackbird26 wrote:
Q: Do you believe there is a thing such as 'fate'? Or in other words; do you believe things happen for a reason?

"Fate be changed, look inside, mend the bond torn by pride."

Ari:
*looking around for creepy voice*

Kirsten:
What the--

Ari: Fate be changed....well I guess that answers that.

Kirsten:
No it doesn't!

Stephan:
Actually it does. Fate exists, but we are free to change it one way or another. Fate isn't set in stone. The events may be, but the way we react to the situations is up to us. Therefore we are able to change our fate.

Kirsten:
*hurumps* The idea of fate is for those that are too frightened to accept that they control their own lives.

Q:(because we haven't done this in awhile) How do you feel about your position in your life story?

nibblesnbits
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:37 am

nibblesnbits wrote:Q: How do you feel about your position in your life story?

Luckas: *rolls eyes at Kirsten* "You're an idiot if you think you can control anything."

Annie: "That's not our question, Luke."

Luckas: "I wasn't answering their question, I was calling him an idiot. There's a difference. As for our question, I'm not sure how to answer it... We are all the central character in our own life story; there's no liking or disliking that, it's just a fact... If the question is how I feel about my place in the world right now... Well... Ate the moment I'm home, so I'm pretty okay."

Annie: "Aaaw, you said 'home'." *giggles*

Luckas: "No, I didn't." >.>

Annie: "Yes you diiid."

Luckas: "Just answer the damn question and stop annoying me."

Annie: "I don't know if anyone is having a great time with their life story right now, to be honest. I'm in a difficult place, but I won't say I'm particularly unhappy. Stressed, maybe, but not unhappy."

*everyone else just ignores the question altogether*

Luckas: "Wow, that bad, eh?" *snickers*

Q: If you could have a conversation with any one of the Twins, which one would you choose and what is the most importan question you would ask?

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Ess:
*Stares, lacking expression, at Luckas*

"Did you say something, Sweetness?"

*quirks a brow* "If Kirsten is an idiot to you for thinking he can control somethings, then I guess you think the same of me?"

Darren:
"Ma...Do you really want the answer? You are suppose to answer the question, not bud into other conversations."

Ess:
"...I don't bud in...not my fault if my Stalker is in within earshot. Besides he's the one who wants to know what I'm thinking..but yes it has to do with that..their conversation actually brings me to my answer..."

Q: If you could have a conversation with any one of the Twins, which one would you choose and what is the most importan question you would ask?

Ess:
"Time. That is something we can't control.There's a lot I'd engaged in conversation with on that topic, but I guess I am curious about how Time could let Death steal his thunder. Doesn't she kind of mess with Time's Mojo? I mean, because of Death I can assume her influence makes others appreciate Time more, but before Death, what did Time really matter to humanity? I would also also ask Time to bargain with me for the opportunity to travel back when my parents were alive, together, so that I could spend time with them, together."

Darren: "Mojo?" *giggles* "Time travel would be interesting, but then wouldn't you have to worry about changing things and messing with the future? Or maybe it would be like rereading a book? You can only experience it through a filter because it has already happened...Like memories maybe."

Ess:
"Alright my minion...who would you choose?"

Darren:
"I don't really care too much for the idea of talking with the Twins..but I wouldn't mind a good ol' fist fight with Life. I mean..he seems like a real prick, right?" *Flashes charming smile*

Ess:
"Great..my Son wants to beat up a god..perfect." *rolls eyes*

Darren: "I didn't say I'd win, but still..anywho..I have a question then.."

Q. 'Since we are talking about the Twins, would there be a Twin you would want to get rid of if it meant changing our reality? Which Twin?"

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Essence wrote:Q. 'Since we are talking about the Twins, would there be a Twin you would want to get rid of if it meant changing our reality? Which Twin?"

Luckas: Well, first of all... Let's all agree I'd be a terrible stalker if I wasn't within earshot. Second of all, did we not have this conversation before, Lady? Choice is an illusion, control is an illusion. Yes, sometimes I do strongly disagree with you on that. I wouldn't usually go as far as call you an idiot because I actually like you, but If you insist though I'll admit that there have been moments. Also, Lady... I assumed before Death, Time did contribute with the passing of the seasons amongst other things that allow Life to exist in our world. You know, not all revolves around human needs."

Annie: "Darren, I'm curious as to why you would prefer a fist fight with the one Deity who has probably spent the most time in Valcrest and thus would have possibly more knowledge of our world than any other instead of you know... Talking to Him. Not to mention that if he landed one single punch on you your enlightenment would likely kill you. Remember touching your mom's knife? Yep, like that a million times."

Luckas: "That's not our question, you know." *smirks*

Annie: "You know I wouldn't get rid of any Twin... They're all important, for what they represent if not for anything else."

Luckas: "Hey if I had to pick one... I'd pick Hear-"

Annie: "No you wouldn't. You'd regret that in less than five seconds."

Luckas: "Regret is an emotion."

Annie: "You know I don't condone violence Luckas, but so help me... One day I will knock the stupid right out of your head."

Luckas: "Are you calling me stupid? I'm hurt!" *chuckles*

Q: Running the risk of depressing someone... If someone you love had to be put out of their misery; was in great pain with no hope to be saved. Would you rather do that yourself or allow someone else to do it?

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Ess: *Glares at Luckas, hint of bluish veins appearing beneath her eyes before fading completely*

“Ah..moments. Sounds more like someone’s scared to take responsibility for their actions and how they respond to the things that happen to them. You must really like surrounding yourself with idiots then so you don’t feel so out of place, hmm Luckas? “ *Playfully bows* “All hail the Royal Ignoramus!” *Snorts mumbling curses*

“And yes, not all revolves around humanity...and what makes you think by getting rid of Heart, that, THAT would benefit anyone? You think you’d still go around killing people? Do you not see how that would change you, even if Stalker and I weren’t around for you to ‘like’? Emotion makes humans who they are and drives us to live, otherwise what really is the point? Ugh..Annie..don’t lift a finger, you know Jake will be happy to take care of your light work for you.” *Giggles* “By the way..we need to have tea or something soon..I’m sick of everyone telling me about you and we still haven’t met!”

Darren: “Annie is pretty great. I’m surprised you haven’t gone with me to visit the White Shadows.” *chuckles* “Annie, I was partially joking, but if you must know..I don’t think I’d trust anything that Life had to say. He kind of reminds me of some people in this world that I am rather not fond of. Plus everyone needs some sense knocked into them sometimes..or the stupid..knocked out of them.” *glances at Luckas* “Why should the Twins be left out? What price would someone be willing to pay for the knowledge Life holds? I would rather be ignorant to some things, unlike my Moooother who needs to know EVERYTHING.”

Ess: “Hey! I don’t know everything..wait..oh that’s not what you said..ok well I’d rather know than be oblivious so that I can choose to do something about it. If I’m left Ignorant..that is like..devoiding me of choice...or something..ugh this talk is giving me a headache..what was the question again?”

Q: Running the risk of depressing someone... If someone you love had to be put out of their misery; was in great pain with no hope to be saved. Would you rather do that yourself or allow someone else to do it?

Ess:
*sighs and just turns and walks away* “I’m sitting this one out..”

Darren:
“Mom?..” *Shakes head* “Pretty sure she’d have to be the one to do it..But, .Well I for one do not think the person mercy killing one they cared for is what is important..but more of how it goes down. I don’t know if I could have it in me to do that, maybe I could. Are we saying the person dying wants us to end their pain? Because I’m not all for making decisions for people like that. I think it is easier for someone to give that kind of release to someone you don’t have such a personal attachment to. I guess again it comes down to what the person suffering wants. As much as it would hurt...I would accomodate a dying wish. But it needs to be done in a way they don’t suffer worse in their last moments.”

Q. What is most important to you, right now, in this moment?

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nibblesnbits on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:44 pm

Blackbird26 wrote:Q: Running the risk of depressing someone... If someone you love had to be put out of their misery; was in great pain with no hope to be saved. Would you rather do that yourself or allow someone else to do it?

Kirsten: I'm not stupid *muttering*

Ari:
No. Wisdom comes with age and Luckas doesn't have that either. Now...

Kirsten:
Suffering is part of nature. Watching someone you love in pain is bitter sweet. Why deprive them of a moment feeling alive? It's only in pain and in fear that we see love and happiness.

Ari: That's horrible! Don't even-

Kirsten: Talk about death so lightly? Why? It's a part of life, a part of suffering. It happened to your friends didn't it?! Franklin is dead. Sean is dead. Where were you? Hmm? Off playing wolf and ignoring your duties.

Ari: How dare you?! I was--I lost them....I lost my friends and my family. It's not my fault!

Kirsten: Or is it your fault? You should answer yes. You already killed them.

Ari: I did not! Did I-----

Kirsten:
*smirk* Did you?

*Ari runs off to cry*

Kirsten: See...not so bad. I wouldn't touch them, or let anybody touch them either. Let them take their own sweet time. As for Ari. She's killed before. I don't think she'd have a problem with it. Then again...she might make someone else do it. I suppose it depends on her mood.

Uh...guys....that was already answered....

Kirsten: Was it? Oh....well.... I guess...What's the next question?

Ess wrote:What is most important to you, right now, in this moment?

Kirsten: My mortality. It's the only thing that will never leave me, never break me, and always stay true. How about you Ari?

*sniffles are heard from the back*

Kirsten: Yea....she's got nothing.

My question to you is if you could bring back someone from the dead, who would it be and why?

nibblesnbits
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:39 pm

Luckas: "Lady, the question was what I would choose and not what I believe would be a good choice. I answered honestly, or rather I tried to before being interrupted and then threatened with physical violence. Yes, you two should meet... You have an awful lot in common." *snort* "And I was simply making a point that one does not control their own life and that it's foolish to believe so. I was not the one who made this about you or anyone else whose company I may keep. That's a habit that you personally have and that maybe I should no longer indulge since it constantly leads to pointless exchanges like this." *sigh* "Guy... You are an idiot and it doesn't sound to me you've suffered enough fear or pain based on how you speak of it; pity, it may possibly 'knock the stupid out of you' as one would say. Wolf-Girl... It doesn't take wisdom to simply not be an idiot; wisdom is a rare trait, however many people out there are in fact not idiots. Not to mention you are younger than the both of us... and a much bigger idiot. I could write a book on idiot just with the twenty fours hours worth of memories I saw that one time we met, but the biggest evidence is still hanging out with that loser *points at Kirsten*, and his buddies, knowing that they were trying to kill you. What is the deal with the two of you? It's just fucking weird."

Annie: "Lukey... Seriously... Are you scolding Ari for hanging out with people who are possibly harmful to her? Seriously? Are we going to have to talk about this yet again?"

Luckas: *mutters* "Shutupyou'renotallowedtotalkabouthishere!"

Annie: "I know, I know..." *snicker* "Darren... I did understand that it was a playful response, but there's a lot of truth to be found in humorous remarks as well. I also don't understand why so many people tend to view Life as some sort of villain, was there a passage in the Myths somewhere that I'm missing? He was wrong, not evil. The Twins... Were very young still if you consider that they were immortal. It's not like the other thirteen never did anything questionable or wrong themselves either. What I meant with 'talk' though... Well, I would personally be interested not in his knowledge in itself, but in his perspective; how he sees us after so much time of watching Valcrest pass before his eyes. Sometimes I feel... We are all too close to everything to see it clearly. I would welcome the opportunity to listen."

Essence wrote:Q. What is most important to you, right now, in this moment?

Annie: "Hmmm... Finding reasons to smile, I suppose."

Luckas: "Cake." >.>

My question to you is if you could bring back someone from the dead, who would it be and why?

Luckas: "I would bring my brother back... Say that I'm sorry... And then I would probably have to kill him again because, you know... murderous and uncontrollable and stuff."

Annie: "Why would you ever do that?"

Luckas: "because I think he deserves to hear it. Don't you?"

Annie: "I... Don't know what to say to that. I don't think I would toy with Death this way.

Q: What are the words you enjoy hearing, or wish to hear if you have not, the most?

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essence on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Ess: *Curls fingers into a tight fist and eyes an empty chair dangerously*

Darren: "Mom?"

Ess: *Inhales deeply, appearing to gain back her composure as she casually wanders over towards Ari and Kirsten, clearly ignoring Luckas.*

"Well, Jakey is back from the dead...sorta..so that crosses off the first choice on my list. There's my Father, My Mother, .that idiot boy that soils the name brother..who I would only bring back to kill again. I have some other ideas I wish I had tried.."
*Smiles devilishly up at Kirsten, gently placing her hand on his forearm* "What about you, handsome? Ever wish to bring someone back just for the sheer enjoyment of watching them die again?"

Darren: *Glances over at Ess with wide eyes and just casually hides behind Annie, sitting on the ground and propping his head up with his hands.*
" ..I'm fortunate to have not had anyone really close pass away..but..I think I would want to bring back that little girl who died outside my window when I was a kid. She was left alone to die, as if no one cared for her...no one left to fight for her..I remember begging Asher to let me bring her some food, but he wouldn't have it..said if she was meant to die, then who was he to interfere with Death..I...remember her body was finally taken away after three days....three days before anyone cared enough from the stench to notice.."

BIRD's Q: What are the words you enjoy hearing, or wish to hear if you have not, the most?

Ess: "Words I enjoy hearing? How about, 'You were right.'"

Darren: *smirks* "How bout...'You're more than just a pretty face.'"

Q: Tell us about a time you did something that was completely unlike you. Not really a question..

Essence
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blackbird26 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Luckas: "Okay, Kid: You're more than just a pretty face." *glares at Ess and then at Kirsten, eyes glowing red dangerously for a split second before returning to their usual black* "And you were right Lady..." *smirks, spotting the empty chair and casually sitting on it* "I'm surrounded by idiots."

Annie: *glances from Luke to Ess with a look of concern* "Oookay, what's the question, now?"

Essence wrote:Q: Tell us about a time you did something that was completely unlike you.

Annie: "Oh... Well... I don't know. I think even the most unlikely things we do are in a way a part of our personality, so I'm not sure what would fall into that category. I cursed a bit just recently which is not much like me to do."

Luckas: *mutters* "I've done a lot of things that were completely unlike me the past months... For some reason..."

Q: If you could be a tiny insect and eavesdrop on any moment in history, which would you like to witness?"

Blackbird26
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!