Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Song of Ice and Fire

A Song of Ice and Fire

a part of “A Song of Ice and Fire”, a fictional universe by Jacopo.

[ALWAYS ACCEPTING] In a medieval world of adventure and treachery, your loyalty is to your House...and no one else. In a game to win the Iron Throne, to what measures will the families of the Seven Kingdoms stoop? (Based off the series)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Song of Ice and Fire”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A Song of Ice and Fire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kazewarrior on Mon May 02, 2011 8:45 am

Alright, I understand that Jacopo is at THE BIGGEST debate tournament in America. By the way, good luck, hope you're winning. Maybe we should have done the battle after he came back.

Just some things I wanted to point out.

I'm a bit wondering how they got past the gate in the first place. <SPOILER>Assuming Winterfell's been rebuilt the way it was before Reek razed it </SPOILER>, there is a double wall surrounding Winterfell. In between the first wall and the second wall, there is a moat. There are two gates (mentioned in the book, I don't know, there might be more), therefore, there are only two bridges to cross into the inner wall.

The outer wall is 80 feet high, the inner wall is 100 feet high. It would be pretty hard to grapple hook over the wall, if the archers at the top are doing their jobs at all. Alright, maybe they're all focused on House Thorneir, but I'm pretty sure that they're outside the walls, engaging Nathanial's forces. The archers should be able to notice a whole bunch of screaming Braavosi trying to scale the wall. Even if they did managed to get over the wall, they cannot swim the moat. It is fucking cold outside (and yet Grimnir's boobs are free in the wind. Perfect. Now all the archers are less concentrated on hitting wall climbers and more interested in hitting her bare chest), and your guys are mainly from the Free Cities, which I understand is a warm place.

By the way, underground passages? You know what Winterfell is built on? An underground hot spring. Not even just a warm spring. They pipe that shit into their walls to heat the stone. Stone. I don't think there are going to be any underground passages. How they even got their tombs down there is a mystery to me. (And even if they could make underground passages, why would they even make breaches in their defenses like that?)

Also, the Myrmen are missing again. Are they even still there?

Ok, after reading Blizzard's OOC post, I've realized that apparently House Thornier has already gotten into the inner wall. The best way for Lionel to go then is to dally over to the Eastern Gate or some other gate, force their way in while all the Greyhardt soldiers are concentrating on expelling House Thornier.

Sorry that this post is very complaining and pessimistic. I think Quin's been breaking the fourth wall again.
I google, therefore I smart.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kazewarrior
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackBlizzard on Mon May 02, 2011 9:08 am

Well let me answer the Thorneir questions since it does not seem to be resonating with people. My bowmen are SHORTBOWMEN ergo meaning they have close combat training also. Think Rangers from Lord Of the Rings as the closest example. The reason we got into the gates is simply this Greyhardt was not suspecting that the house allied to him would betray him, we were following his messenger back to the gates (who was injured and traveled at a pace we could keep up and not be tired). The gates opened the guards were nailed since in war are just as surprised as normal people are, hence why I could get in in such a "easy" manner. And the moat business, the bridge didn't get pulled up in time HENCE THE SHORTBOWS.

Also my character is insane this does not mean I cannot withstand the cold after years of living in it. The Norse used to do their tests to become men in the freaking ice capped areas so it goes both ways mate, also the human body can endure very harsh weather it's like becoming immune to a poison overtime you build immunities and become stronger. Also the inner wall did you not read my post and Bel's? They were not expecting an attack for one coming from Thorneir but they were from Nathanial but not this quickly so for one it takes longer then mere moments to assemble your army indoors. My men are in no way invincible as they are dying (shown in the posts) but think about please for more then a few minutes, war does not go perfectly at ALL Grims original goal was to get inside the keep before Nathanial knew she was there and guess what that mission failed horribly now she has to hunt him down get past all the men in her way which is going to be god damn difficult seeing as she is not GOD.

FYI bowmen refers to people who use bows, not JUST bows. Since the wall is so high up they couldn't see her chest so easily the men on the ground can which is giving her a slight edge over men in full body armor! Castles cannot be airtight shall I mention the Battle of Helmsdeep? One entrance other than the gate was the water channel boom boom that goes. And for the last piece on how we got through the gates. White on white equals REALLY HARD TIME SEEING, my men were born and raised to blend in with the snow, hence the white clothing and pale skin. When it's not snowing outside (since it almost always not heavy snow but a decent amount) then it is much easier top notice us. But for one we are not only in our element, I can also say Greyhardt is also but we are two houses with two different strategies. Witht he archers on the wall it is VERY difficult to hit a target in a COURTYARD with all of your own men running around with spurts of white warriors. So rather then kill his own men for the sake of winning and that is what I got from Nathanial's character they would be more focused on the men outside attempting to get inside the walls. Giving Lionel a much harder time then I had getting inside.
Last edited by BlackBlizzard on Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man of wisdom is never of two minds;
the man of benevolence never worries;
the man of courage is never afraid.
Confucius

Thoughts read unspoken, forever in doubt
Pieces of memories fall to the ground
I know what I didn't have so, I won't let this go
'Cause it's true, I am nothing without you
Sum 41 With Me

If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't follow.
I'd be at the bottom to catch them when they fall.
Unknown

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BlackBlizzard
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amaranta on Mon May 02, 2011 10:02 am

@kaze - When you say 'Reek', I think of Theon. D: BECAUSE I READ THAT ONE CHAPTER IN aDwD. And I cried. OH GOD THEON WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS TO YOU? WHYYYYYY? /heart breaks/ My favorite character EVER. <3 Theon <3 q_q /mourns/

@Everyone - Have a biscuit and settle down. We'll figure shit out. Now I have to go to work. /skips off/

Amaranta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Picturesque on Mon May 02, 2011 10:20 am

LOL @ Amaranta.

@kaze- Hoy crap. You know your Winterfell. o.o

Picturesque
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yuri-chan1018 on Mon May 02, 2011 11:08 am

.....I think I'll stay out of this one and sit in the corner ORZ;;
But yes, I think Ama has the right idea. >w<;; Let's calm down, everyone--we'll figure this out. There's an edit button on our posts for a reason, dontcha know. :3 Jacopo is probably tired as hell, and we don't want him coming back to chaos, ne? :3

yuri-chan1018
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Mon May 02, 2011 12:19 pm

0.o so much winterfell knowledge.

Alright, instead of going through all this strategy, I am going to list what I believe I have read and where you think you are in that fight. I have sketched out a simple text map for simplicity sakes.

---------------- Below Walls - Lionel Forces (Lelianna, Quince, The Great Me)

______________ Outer wall and gate - Taken by Lionel Forces

----------------- Couryards Taken by Lionel Forces

_______________ Inner Wall Contested, Graharte Forces VS Lionel Forces

------------------ Keep Courtyards and Proper Grayharte Forces vs Lionel Forces (Thorneir, Nathaniel, Richard, Possibly Lionel)

_______________ Keep - Grayharte Forces (Birgitte and Isabel)

So far only the outer wall has been taken and the inner courtyard is heavily contested and Lionel is winning this territory. All other areas are under Gray Harte control. I have also placed the relative locations of PC's concerned with this fight. Please forgive me if I left any out.

Lionel has taken the Outer wall and will most liekly take the outer courtyards and buildings. Grayaharte forces as well as PC's (If still alive) will retreat into the Keep Area and Inner Walls. This is realstically what has happened, anything more then this seems horribly unrealistic and problamatic for all sides. Can we just please agree on this set up and continue the RP from here.
Last edited by Nanase on Mon May 02, 2011 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackBlizzard on Mon May 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Um might want to add Thorneir is in the inner courtyard and gate attempting to get to the keep. Has no one read Bel's and I's posts?

BlackBlizzard
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackBlizzard on Mon May 02, 2011 12:54 pm

God damn lag posting twice my apologies.

BlackBlizzard
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Mon May 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Wow I feel a little guilty for all the argument concerning this battle lol. If it helps I was planning to have the Grayhardt forces realise they were losing the courtyard and have them retreat to the keep itself to protect Birgitte. But as I am not experienced in battles if someone else has a better suggestion for how I should make this realistic then please let me know. Grayhardt will lose but I still need to make the fight hard and also realistic.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Mon May 02, 2011 2:32 pm

I have, the problem is (as with any battle) it is very confusing lol. I thought you were in the outer cortyard. Since Bel agrees with the inner courtyard, I will move you up and place the inner courtyard and the inner wall as contested.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KrazyTigger on Mon May 02, 2011 4:30 pm

Elsewhere, Adelaide can't get what she wants, so she throws a strop. Mature! ;)

KrazyTigger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kazewarrior on Mon May 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Google. Also helps to have an actual book on hand.

http://www.lagardedenuit.com/wiki/image ... ellmap.png Here is a map. Not sure how accurate it is, but it seems pretty good. #5 is the First Keep, which in the Song of Ice and Fire canon, is not in use. #14 is the keep where everyone is trying to get at. #22 is the Great Hall where people eat. #8 is the East gate leading to King's Road. The circles on the walls are turrets. That's where the archers on the walls will be. Alright, let's do this.

@Blizzard: I was wondering how Lionel's forces got in. I have no problem whatsoever with House Thornier. I get that House Thornier got in because Nathanial unwittingly let them all the way in (admittedly I realized this after posting in OOC, so I had to edit that). I was confused because somewhere in the OOC I think I read that someone said Nathanial was outside the gates. Or I probably just confused it with keep. Gate and keep get all mixed up in this dicussion/my head. Also, sorry if I offended you in any manner.

@Nanase: Thank you, that map is wonderful. |'D Though Quin's probably just hanging out somewhere where he can be useless and complain about how life sucks.

/sits down with a biscuit

kazewarrior
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 pm

wow..... Lets always have maps from now on, cause frankly I don't think House Thorneir would have been able to take so much if I had known of the outlay of Winterfell.... just an FYI

Ah well, keep it as is lol

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jacopo on Mon May 02, 2011 5:56 pm

HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THIS CONFUSION

i'm so sorry, I still can't really think properly. I might not be able to for another 36 hours. I feel really bad about saying this but this weekend has just really wrecked my mind. This sounds horrible but...you guys figure it out >.<" i'm going back to sleep.

Jacopo
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Winter Is Coming on Mon May 02, 2011 6:22 pm

@Jacopo: Oh hey, by chance did me and Eira get accepted for the two submitted Bennetts? :) just wanting to double check and all.

Winter Is Coming
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackBlizzard on Mon May 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Nanase wrote:wow..... Lets always have maps from now on, cause frankly I don't think House Thorneir would have been able to take so much if I had known of the outlay of Winterfell.... just an FYI

Ah well, keep it as is lol

I used the map hence my getting in. But lets see it this way. It's the middle of the night guards are sleeping getting tired on watch then BAM bumrushed. Seems perfectly logical for Thorneir to get into the Inner wall with the bridge guards dead and the front guards dead =/ IN short we would be in 17 near 12, past 8 through 13.

@Kaze np, I shoulda kept my cool haha.

BlackBlizzard
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amaranta on Mon May 02, 2011 10:07 pm

@Tigger - Lol, I love Adelaide. XD Throwing a strop is always the way to go.

@Winter&Jacopo - Yes, agreed! Go accept the Bennetts! I want to see/read about this whole Morgana's younger sister/her step-son relationship at work. /eager/

Amaranta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Winter Is Coming on Mon May 02, 2011 11:55 pm

Aaaaaand I killed Nuala off. There we go. That's all done with.

Winter Is Coming
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Picturesque on Tue May 03, 2011 12:57 am

I'll try to post tomorrow guys. Musical rehearsal and then an extended personal issue got in the way tonight.
I'm with Jacopo. Sleep tiem nao.

Picturesque
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue May 03, 2011 8:32 am

OOHHHHHhhhh It's nighttime. Now it makes sense. Olay yes, your fine as is lol.

Awesome, this just shows how much more I need to pay attention to little details in everyone else's posts.... I miss things like this and everything gets screwed up.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!