Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Spirit's Call IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Spirit's Call IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Peresphone on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:49 pm

She sighed and began to light another fire. She wanted to have something other than,probably, spoiled meat; but since she wasn't offered, Nova stiffled down the urge and waited for the others to return with more food. She twisted her hair in sorrow, missing her husband. She looked at those remaining. Nova frowned, she hadn't any thing to prove that she was one of them. She put her hand over her nose, the musky smell of the others was blinding to her senses. She got up and jumped into a tree, happy the smell was masked with the sent of leaves. she waved at the others perkily.
Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Peresphone
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Taran heard the screech and turned to face his assailant. Screeching back in his much more powerful, testorone filled voice, he dove to the ground.

He allowed himself to speak in the human tounge, hoping she would still understand, that she was human.

"I am Taran m'lady." Taran replied. "What name do you go by?"
- http://www.roleplaygateway.com/under-the-white-sheet-ooc-sign-t26650.html -
Under The White Sheet - Vampire RP - We need serious, long posting, RPers! Join now!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Echo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muffin-Moip on Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:52 pm

Barb reached out as if to grab Tara, her new friend walking away into the undergrowth for a fresh hunt. Barb was glad that Tara was her friend, and that she was nice to her, so she followed Tara into the woods. Walking next to Tara on all fours while she strode on felt awkward to Barb, as if she was some pet that Tara was taking for a walk.Taking a deep breath, Barb pushed off of the ground into an upright walking position, never once stopping her loping pace to catch up to Tara.

"T-Taera....we ce...caetch meatprey?" Barb felt as if she was seven again, before she had changed and before she had her tattoo before she had become Barb. Like she was back with her older brother and still spoke as if in Kindergarden. At least Tara had been kind, just like him. "Caetch meatprey.... f-for ferends?"
When God gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD!!!!

Muffin-Moip
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Sotar sat there apparently unfeeling Tara's punch,he sat there smugly until he realized he felt cold even though he was only inches away from the fire.After a few second he was on the ground shivering and chattering.
Those who think they know everything do not know that they do not know what they do not
know-Knock

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

If Aeropastle told teens that it was cool to hold your breath and die 85% of teens would if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their faces add this to your sig

knock
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:43 am

Ryla's golden Osprey eyes blinked once curiously and she folded her wings, dropping swiftly to land gently upon sharp talons on the floor. With a whoosh of fluttering feathers, Ryla changed, standing in front of the young man, her arms folded across her chest and her brown eyes as fierce as the bird's were. The man seemed friendly enough but you never knew who you could trust...

"Ryla Morgan," she answered in a rich accent, eventually holding her hand out for him to shake, her bare arms tanned from the sun and her combats blending in with the forest colours, "It's been a long time since I've seen another human. Are there others?"

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cheif on Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:20 am

Odis didn't know what to do. He was alittle hungry. A quick snack he though. Some carpender ants sound good. He lick his lips and quickly found an ant mound. He started to pick the ants one by one and eat them. They were pretty good. He was really hungry for some berrys and a banana. He was bored so he flipped up into a hand stand and started to walk on his hands.

cheif
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gilan on Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:28 pm

Thomas sat on the ground in the dark... alone. He did this every day, hid here until he got hungry. He stayed in place not moving. The world had been a much different place before those THINGS had come. Now everything, including him, was different. The beast that he had become was a sad thing. He had no one, he lived alone. Sometimes he thought that he must be the last, but he knew that there were others, somewhere. He felt the talons on his hands grow slightly longer as he grew angry but he pushed the anger down and they returned to their normal state. He could bloody fly when he was angry enough and he was angry now. Something else that had come with this power was that he could see, very slightly, into the future. He sometimes knew when someone was around, or when they were going to try and attack him. Other times when he was sleeping he saw things... things that scared him. Sometimes when he slept he didnt only see slightly into the future, he saw things happening, possibly months away. He stood, hunger eating at his belly. He ran to the edge of his cave and jumped, the wings on his back supplying lift. He felt his body begin to change at the rush of the air but again, he stayed half human. He didn't enjoy not being human. He flew high above the ground soaring through the air. This he did enjoy, he had a love for the air like nothing else. As he flew he saw something. He saw two beings that closely resembled himself dive to the ground. He smiled but then frowned as his memory flashed the scene that had come after this in the dream. He didn't like it but he knew it had to be done. He flew forward and dived where the others had gone, his body was light even though he was tall, something else that had changed, and he landed on the ground with nothing more than a thump. "Hello," he said in a quiet voice that anyone could hear had not been used for quite a while, "My name is Thomas... I...I...I had no idea that you would actually come... I had begun to think that for once it was actually a dream," The two looked at him and he shut his mouth instantly. He was spewing things that they would not understand, "Sorry, I haven't seen another human for a very long time," he said.
"A hero need not speak when he is gone, the world will speak for him." -- Halo 3.

Gilan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:51 pm

Ryla spun at the sound, fixing the newcomer with piercing eyes, her body tense, and fighting the urge to change. Hearing the young man's comment she relaxed a little, giving a short laugh.

"Join the club," she told him blandly, ruffling a hand through her short, tousled hair, "I've been wandering for weeks trying to find someone - though whether any of us can be classed as human now is another matter entirely. Shape-shifter seems more appropriate by the looks of it."

Holding out her hand, Ryla grasped the newcomer's in a strong grip and shook it with a smile. "Ryla Morgan," she said stepping back once more, "Former Commander of the Tesla T.A.; that's one of the towns North of here."

Looking around with her keen eyes, Ryla spotted a small stream not far from where they were stood and she returned her chestnut gaze to the two stood with her. "Do you mind?" she enquired, tilting her head towards the direction of the water, "I've been rationing water for the last few miles and I'm kinda parched. Care to join me?" Her eyes met the newcomer's sharply and her tone dropped to a low murmur, "Besides, you need to explain how you knew we were coming, for as far as I knew, the possibility of other humans was just a faint hope in the back of my mind. The aliens destroyed virtually everything."

Reaching the stream Ryla crouched, sipping the cold water from her cupped hands and then splashing her sun-worn face. Patting it dry with the corner of her tank-top, she then straightened once more, raising an eyebrow at the new arrival. "So?"

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:12 pm

Tara stepped forward quietly "Yes" she whispered. Watching deer grazing at the bottom of the Valley, She slipped forward till she was within meters of them feeling the adrenalin run through her veins, She could feel her blood thirsty anger rushing through her veins, pushing her into her tiger form, she leaped forward bounding gracefully, grasping a deer by the throat, quickly slicing its windpipe and arteries causing it to collapse, she russhed at another one taking it down, growling, feasting on it quickly, eating most of it. She withdrew from it blood dripping down her maw, licking around her jaws. SHe stepped back shifting back to a human, leaning against a tree tired, her eyes slightly closed.

Keeley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Peresphone on Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Nova was slightly saddened not to be included in the talkings. but she knew that if she went down there the stench would probaby make her faint. She waved again. Hearing their conversation, she called down,"There is a camp." She paused, mulling on what to say next,"I was there for a while,"She raised her hand before they could speak,"The humans there are insane." She raised her eyebrow,"Don't be thankful to see humans anymore, they aren't." Her eyes showed slight amusement, and little else.

Peresphone
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:07 pm

Taran walked over to the stream. Kneeling and taking a sip. He unfolded his wings and got ready to take off, but before he did he spoke.

"It pleases me to see another with a bird form. All of the others here are reptilian or mammalian. But, for now I must go up to the clouds, if you care to join me you may."

At the end of that sentence Taran shot up into the air, the exciting rush of air forced his adrenaline to pump. The transformation began about twenty meters from the ground, at fifty meters he was a full hawk. He kept going towards the clouds, forcing himself to remain human in mind.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gilan on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:22 pm

Thomas looked at Ryla, "How I knew you were coming? I doubt you would believe me," he said as they walked to the river, "Along with the "shape- shifting" as you call it, I gained another power. I don't know how. I have the ability to see shortly into the future while awake and far into the future while asleep. I cannot control either, they present themselves when needed. I used to be a scientist, I would explain our shape- shifting, but I doubt you would understand," as Thomas finished talking Taran shot off into the air, saying they could follow if they wished, "I will go with him if your going to, but if your not I perfer to talk for now, I have not done so for a long time,"

Gilan
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Muffin-Moip on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:01 pm

Barb watched the killing without feeling, twitching slightly as her newfound friend morphed into a tigress right before her amber eyes. Whenever Barb slipped into her own form, there was always that breif moment of wrongness before the change. Watching another person do it made no difference. Crouching down onto all fours, Barb slipped sideways down the line of trees, still keeping most of the herd of deer in sight. I will make Tara proud of me, make her proud she has good hunter friend. Reaching a spot in the trees downwind of the herd, she watched stratigically as they scattered from Tara's attack, regrouping right in front of her position. The herbivores continued their grazing on the valley grass, as if the sudden kill of two of their own never even happened.

"Si-liy meatpreay..." Barb growled before launching herself out of the undergrowth, black and copper streaked silver hair whipping about behind her in its ponytail. She could feel herself lowering down closer to the ground as she ran, hands and feet barely touching the sun dried grass as Barb flew across the valley ground twords the already scattering herd. The moment of wrongeness came and went, as swift and fleeting as a bird. Arms and legs thinned and shrunk, becoming supple predator legs. Silver fur streaked through with onyx and copper rippled across skin, a long supple tail flying out behind Barb like a banner. A banner signaling the world what she had become. A tundra wolf.

The wolf launched itself speedily after a deer around the outside of the herd, cutting between it and the rest of its family. Brown doe eyes stared wide at the creature infront of it, looking fearfully into the amber orbs of its hunter. The tundra wolf bunched up its back legs, still captavating its prey with its hypnotizing eyes. Then, a silver streak through the air, and the wolf was upon the doe, sinking large canine fangs into a quivering throat. Jaws stayed clamped firmly around the neck of its prey, biting down hard until the body below it ceased shaking. Letting loose its grip on the neck of the prey, the wolf backed away several pawsteps before seating itself. Tounge lolling out of a blood drenched muzzle and panting happily, it turned its head towards Tara and gave a sharp, happy bark.

Muffin-Moip
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:59 am

Ryla laughed as the bird-winged man, Taran, shot into the air, shifting quickly into a hawk in his excitement, brown and gold feathers glinting in the sun. Surpressing the predatory instinct within her - for as a bird, she was about twice as big as him - Ryla turned to young man strolling beside her.

"Unfortunately, my shifting is not as controllable," she told him with a wry smile, her brown eyes catching a movement in the woods ahead, "My feet stay on the ground until I suffer an extreme emotion: only then do I change, becoming the Osprey you saw."

In the trees upon the rise ahead, a shadow shifted and Ryla held out a hand, stopping the young scientist beside her. Words filtered through the dappled woods and Ryla raised her voice in return. "Who goes there?" She could see that the newcomer was a woman, her lips curled in a smile and her eyes bright yet wary, but still, it would not do to make a mistake. "Come down and speak."

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Peresphone on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Nova narrowed her eyes. She jumped down, hold her nose she attempted to wakl over. The musky was over comeing. Her vision faltered, but she pressed on. Once away from the larger group, the smell disipated. She drew near to the woman. She sat on a rock, far away. Not willing to come closer. "My name is Nova", she called agian,"What would be yours?"

Peresphone
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Echo on Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:37 pm

Taran soared through the clouds and dropped down to a lower altitude, changing back to his human form. He examined the crowd below him, different divisions nonetheless, but a crowd.

They were probably the only humans left on the planet, yet none of them knew what was going on. Something seemed to draw them here, but what was it? Was this the only place they could be together? It all confused him greatly.

Echo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Keeley on Thu May 01, 2008 12:48 pm

Tara nodded to the girl with a yawn, going to return to the camp, changing her mind and heading the other way. "Go back to the camp" she said to the girl "I might be a while" she waited for a while watching the girl start to walk back reluctantly. She smelt the air quietly, following the scent of tiger, reaching the Tigeress and her cubs. Shefelt safe near them, She clambered up into a tree, leaning on the trunk, her eyes starting to close, soon asleep, but still alert for danger.

Keeley
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Thu May 01, 2008 2:11 pm

"Ryla Morgan," Ryla answered, relaxing slightly, her arm lowering to lie by her side once more, "Where are you from?"

Ryla was burning with questions to ask these people but her concience prevented her: they were all trying to get used to their situations and prying questions by ex-military personnel were not what they needed.

Fishing in the large pocket of her combats, Ryla pulled out half a dozen small, purplish fruits. She handed one to the young scientist next to her and then offered one to the woman, the fruit resting gently on a tanned palm. "Figs," she said with a smile, her brown eyes friendly, "I passed a load not too long ago - might as well share them 'round."

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Peresphone on Thu May 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Nova nodded,"I was from a small county in Pennslyvaina. Very quiet, not much really to disrupt anything..."She broke off, trying not to cry. She sucked it up and ate the fig greedily. Happy to be fed she said,"Thank you." Nova sat on a near by rock. "Where are you from?"

Peresphone
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadowWake on Thu May 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Ryla smiled, seating herself down on the dry leaf litter opposite the woman named Nova, her legs crossing and wrists resting casually on her knees. She tossed another fig to each of her companons before responding.

"Originally? The South-West of England. I was born in a large house on Dartmoor - literally: my parents were so out in the sticks that my father couldn't get my mother to the hospital in time and so I was born on the sitting room couch..."

Ryla laughed, feeling a bit more relaxed. It was nice having people to talk to instead of a mangy tom who couldn't answer back - or catch a mouse successfully. Her chestnut eyes scanned the woodland as she talked, picking up the slightest movement: there a scurrying vole, there an oil-slick coloured beetle, there an auburn leaf shifting in the wind...

"Since I joined the army though, I haven't really had a home. I went wherever I was posted and so learnt to call Earth itself my home instead..." Ryla thought of the barren, dust-ridden towns she had spent weeks walking through and sighed, running a hand through her hair, "I don't even know whether I can call it home any more though: it certainly doesn't look like it..."

ShadowWake
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!