Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Spiritual Showndown: Fujiko Gozen vs Kynn Lightcaster

a topic in Battle Arena, a part of the RPG forum.

A bloody repository for combat. Get your adrenaline fix here: start a fight, find a sparring partner, train, or just spend your time studying older matches. Don't forget to record the results of your fights in the Hall of Records!

Spiritual Showndown: Fujiko Gozen vs Kynn Lightcaster

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:40 pm

A lanky young man with thick glasses speaks into a headset. "The area is a small village with a lake running through it, the name is Senegha once a lively place, but now half the village the victim of a hollow attack, and specifically an attack on the Gotei 13's 5th Division Captain. This attack happened around 7 days ago. In the 5th Division Captain's report the attacker was said to be a Vasto Lorde, which is a cause for alarm, be sure to watch yourself Captain Gozen. You are to survey the area, collect data and search for any signs of another attack or trace of other hollows.

The woman known as Captain Gozen responded to the man. "Yes Dear Takahashi, I know all of the details...Sanada visited the 10th division barracks last night night after the captain's meeting, I know what to expect, the Commander sent me here for a reason.." The man responded more at ease than before. "Yes Ma'am..good luck"

Soon she had reached her destination and the receiving senkaimon, and as it open the people around her didn't seem to notice the appearance of the quite beautiful woman, but then again only the spiritually aware of them could even see her to begin with. As the gate closed behind her, she placed a hand on the hilt of her zanpakuto, and it's physical manifestion materialized to the side of her. "Gozeonna, if you would..Be a dear please get me some tea while I begin this survey. "I guess tea would be nice while we are gathering infomation..." The now humanoid Gozeanna walked off as Fujiko began to uppack the bag of equipment and take readings of the destroyed area humming softly as she did so.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Spiritual Showndown: Fujiko Gozen vs Kynn Lightcaster

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:52 am

Kynn's legs were starting to get tired from traveling for so long. He didn't really know where he was at this point. He had been following a lead to track down a necromancer that was doing some strange stuff near these parts, but so far he hadn't even spotted anything out of place. He was dressed in his Aura-Ki ceremonial robes, his herbal bag hanging from his belt, which contained his Sol-rod, and he had his twin swords with him as well. The Silent Serenade and the Fantasia Whisper hung at his sides in their scabbards. And this time, he brought the Demon slayer, a custom made gold spear that was known for its ability to slay... well... demons...
The golden spear was strapped on his back so that he didn't have to carry any of his weapons in his hands. He had tied a black bandanna around his forehead, it was a gift from a long time ago. He was currently in his Excel form, so he had short black hair and the funny looking blue cat eyes.

He sniffed as he scanned the odd village, taking in all the details. He noticed the lake running through the village, but he wasn't going to take a drink from it. The town looked a bit funny, but he couldn't put his finger on it.
"Hmm, this town is kinda strange. I wonder what took place here...?"
Just then, he saw her. The most beautiful woman in the world. Her dark hair kept in its neat bun on the back of her head. Her dark blue eyes. Her silky smooth looking skin. And then, her voice, it was like the sound of an angel. She was humming a tune, it was lovely. He closed his eyes and began to listen, slowly walking towards her like an enthralled zombie. He walked as slow and quiet as a mouse, waiting until he was directly behind her before speaking. He cleared his throat. "Well, hello there pretty lady. That is quite the lovely voice you have...."
He couldn't help himself, he reached out and touched the bun on the back of her head, squeezing it a few times.
"Wow... and your hair is so soft. How long is it?" His strange cat eyes dilated and grew a bit large, sparkling with excitement. If she didn't move away from him, he was going to attempt to untangle her hair out of their braids and take the bun down to get a better look. How does that saying go again?
"Curiosity killed the cat"?

Yeah, I think that's the one...

OOC: Yeah, that's right, my first attack is to take her hair down! >:O
I do commission work at:
LightcasterStudios.wordpress.com
Check out all of my work. :3

Lightcaster Studios: "Creativity unlimited!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:56 am

As fujiko was conducting her testing and paying no attention to the passers by. As she was studying the meters a voice surprised her. "Well, hello there pretty lady. That is quite the lovely voice you have...." She chuckles softly as she began to turn around. "Why thank..." Suddenly his hands were... fondling her hair!!? She immediately turned to face the man, gently swatting his hand away and clearing her voice. "That's incredibly rude of you to touch a woman's hair without permission..." The strangest thing about her was her expression she wasn't angry, she was clam as ever, but her smile had a spark of rage in it.

The man was a human?...no he was a different being. Either way, he could see her. "When you want to introduce yourself to a woman, don't be so rude.." At once Gozeanna had returned with the tea. "Fujiko, I have returned with the tea.." Fujiko nodded and nodded to the small woman. "Who is this?.." Gozeanna turned to face him, scrutinizing him with her senses. "He is a rude man, who is invited to join us for tea, IF he acts civil.." She open the small bamboo tea flask, and took in it's scent. "Wonderful smelling peach tea..."

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Kynn jumped as the woman swatted his hand away. He was a bit confused, but he wouldn't let a small tap on the hand deter him. She thought that his hand touching her hair was rude? Hmm... Maybe he would try complimenting her then. He nodded his head to himself, yes a compliment. Before he could speak another woman walked up, she was a young girl... but something seemed out of place. If Kynn was a dog, his hackles would have began to rise. But because he was not, he just had a strange tingling sensation. He smiled at the newcomer and bowed his head to her.
"Hello, other lady. Yes, yes, I am the rude man. But I shall make up for it. From now on, no more rude gestures."
He cleared his throat. Time to woo the pretty lady. "My name is Kynn Lightcaster, and I would like to have the honor of knowing your names." He turned back to face Fujiko. "I must say, you have a face like that of a baby's booty."
Which meant that her skin looked as smooth and soft as a baby's bottom, but that could be taken in the wrong way. Kynn however, thought nothing of it.

"You have eyes like two deep dark sunken wells."
Water wells, that is. He was referring to how dark and mysterious her blue eyes were. Although, it could be mistaken that he said her eyes looked like two deflated whales...

"You smell like fresh trout, fried over an open flame."
Fish was Kynn's favorite food. Oh how he loved how it smelled. In his eyes, this was a huge compliment.
"And you have the voice of a Harpy's call!" Kynn and his older brother had to once team up together to battle a Harpy. Its voice was very lovely, and if one didn't know any better you would think its song was the most beautifully thing in the world. The purpose was to lure you in. Sadly, by the time you got close enough to see what was making the sound, you would most likely already be dead. But again, this could be mistaken as an insult.
Anyone who knew Kynn would understand what he meant, but because Kynn grew up with those silly Cat people, everything he said could be mistaken as rude insults to those that didn't know him. But if he were to say all of this to a fellow Cat person, they would blush with gleeful joy.

He now smiled. Yes, yes, surely these compliments would be enough to win the lovely woman over. He took a sniff, nostrils flaring, and turned to look at the tea. "Wow, that smells lovely. I would love to have some."
Again, he had that strange prickling sensation that something was not right with the other woman that had the tea. He instinctively placed his left hand on his silver sword, the Silent Serenade, looking the girl in the eyes.

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Fujiko smiled as the two of them greeted one another. "My name is Kynn Lightcaster, and I would like to have the honor of knowing your names." she nodded and answered. "I am Fujiko Gozen.." Gozeanna crossed her arms as she answered. "I am Gozeonna Bugeisha.." Kynn then cleared his throat. "I must say, you have a face like that of a baby's booty." He said as he faced Fujiko once again. Was he attempting to compliment her? Her face drained of color a bit as he kept going. "You have eyes like two deep dark sunken wells." Even Gozeanna couldn't believe her ears, her mouth hung open; did he say deflated whales?! "You smell like fresh trout, fried over an open flame." How insulting! This man was speaking to a woman like this.

"And you have the voice of a Harpy's call!"

Fujiko's smiled remained but the odd feeling from her aura was unmistakable, she was furious!!! "Such wonderful compliments!" Gozeanna smiled and turned her attention to Fujiko, who was ready to gore the young man with her aura. "I suppose, these are the new cultural customs for the human world?.." Gozeanna's thought rung into her mind. "Thank you so much.." Fujiko smiled even brighter as she keep her cool as she answered him. She would definitely have to look up information on this culture once she got home. She could have swore this man was insulting her to her face. "Wow, that smells lovely. I would love to have some."

"Ah, of course." Fujiko took three cups out of her bag and poured tea in each. Then Gozeanna felt it...a complete change of atmosphere. Her senses didn't lie, she knew something was wrong. She turned toward Kynn, studying him for a while. The awkward silence was unnerving; Fujiko felt it too, and broke it with a nudge to Gozeanna's arm. "Your cup dear." She took it and nodded in thanks. "Fresh tea, so wonderful.." Fujiko sipped from the tea.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:23 pm

Success!
Yeah, he was wearing her down. She would fall in love with him in no time.
Kynn was oblivious to the fact that his comments had offended the woman. But now he was distracted by the other girls strange eyes. He couldn't stop staring at them. They looked like the dead eyes of a zombie, staring at him with their odd pale green lifeless color.
"You have very funny looking eyes..."

He now began to frown as the three of them stared at each other in awkward silence. Kynn felt very uneasy.
He looked from Fujiko to Gozeanna, and then back to Fujiko again. The pretty woman with the dark hair didn't seem to bother him, only the one with the funny eyes. Something was off about her. He didn't take his cup of tea, he instead pretended to stretch and rest both of his hands on the top of his head. If he needed to, he could reach over his shoulder for his spear. As the tension grew, he decided to just ask and be direct. He chuckled, it was probably nothing. If he was wrong, then they would all enjoy a nice cup of tea.

And now that he thought about it, why were these two woman in this strange town drinking tea in the first place? He raised an eyebrow. So the more important question would be-
"Why do you happen to be here? What exactly brings you to this town?"

He had now pinpointed that the strange tingling he felt was some form of magical energy (or in this case, spiritual energy). He couldn't tell which one was was exuding it though, but it was pressing down on his own magical senses. After studying magic for so long, a person would began to pick up on small traces of magical energy flowing through the air. He was starting to wonder if this woman was the necromancer he was looking for. His large excited cat eyes now squinted with curiosity. He began collecting the mana flowing around him, drawing it into his own body so that he could release it in a attack if he needed to.

Oh no, I might have been flirting with the enemy!
He tried to keep his panic under control. Maybe he was just being paranoid. Maybe no one was summoning monsters in this town, perhaps there were no zombies, spirits, or undead even here. And if that was the case, then there was nothing to worry about. But if the crazy eyed girl was what he thought she was, then things could get ugly...

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:30 pm

"You have very funny looking eyes..." Gozeanna turned her attention toward him, thinking for a moment. "I am blind young man..aren't there blind beings in the human world?" After a short pause, Kynn asked another question. "Why do you happen to be here? What exactly brings you to this town?" Fujiko set her tea down then looked up with an answer. "Well, I am a Soul Reaper dear. I am taking a survey of the damage parts of this town in searching for traces of a group of Vasto Lorde..." At once she felt a change in his spiritual energy. Could it be he knew something about the attack? After a small silence she just stopped avoiding the change. "Is something the matter dear? Your energy feels a bit bothering." She wasn't one to assume, but it felt as if he was on guard, and she was sure that Gozeanna felt it too.

Fujiko knew for a fact Kynn wasn't a human, but there was no way she could miss on identifying a hollows energy. If anything, she could tell the man was uneasy, hopefully he wouldn't attack; she would have to treat him like a suspect in this situation, and it would ruin her tea break.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:57 pm

OOC: Wow, my post is a bit long...
I'll start things off for combat. I hate opening moves, I never know how to do them. I'm also going to map out the village a bit to make the fight a bit easier. Feel free to add on to it. For this fight I'm going to use Kynn the way he was meant to be used, so don't hold back in power.

Soul reaper...?
Kynn didn't know what that was, but it did raise alarms. He was looking for a necromancer, and instead he found a soul reaper. He didn't think it was a coincidence. After being possessed by a demon all those years ago, Kynn had developed a zero tolerance policy for any one that dabbled in spirit magic. He had fought enough necromancers in his time to know that they were all evil. He closed his eyes, using a very small amount of the mana he had gathered to open his wizard's sight, also known as 'True sight', a form of divination magic. It allowed him to see things for what they really were- human, elf, demon, spirit, orc wearing a human's mask. Anything. He didn't use all the mana though, only a little. He was planning something else and he would need a bit more energy.

When he now opened his eyes, both of the woman before him began to glow with energy, however the one that was blind stood out as a different being, her true form was reveled in his eyes. The eyes are often said to be the window to a person's soul, you can tell a lot about a person by staring them in the eyes. And when Kynn looked at Gozeanna, it wasn't a living person looking back at him. He hadn't meant she had strange eyes because she was blind, he knew she had strange eyes because he had stared the dead in the eye on more then one occasion. Fujiko was of little concern to him at the moment.

Kynn had not once come across a spirit that was 'good', or 'helpful', so the only thing that came to mind was 'kill it'.
He quickly mapped out the environment. The city gate was to the east, and an alleyway was directly behind him to the south, which is where he had come from; to the west was the main road and a line of houses, pretty much the main village area with the lake not too far away; and to the north of where they were standing were more houses and shops. The particular area they were currently standing in was a small clearing, about thirty feet wide in a round circle, it could have been used as a town square at some point, but it was more then enough room for a sword fight.

"Is something the matter dear? Your energy feels a bit bothering."
Kynn let off a hiss as a reply, one much like that of a cat as he realized what he had been talking to.
"The thing that is wrong, is that abomination standing next to you!" With a suprising amount of speed, he used both his arms to whip around to grab the spear on his back and tear it free from the harness that was holding it in place. The harness itself literally breaking from his back. He took a step forward with his left foot to prepare his swing.

To make sure that he didn't accidently cut his own head off, the spearhead was facing down towards the ground, so when he swung the blunt end up and around in a arc, his hands were holding the bottom end, while the spearhead came up and around in a slicing arc down towards Gozeanna's head, swinging the spear from over his left shoulder down towards his right foot. Because of the magical and very mysterious metal the weapon was made of, it would do very nasty things to her if it came in contact with her 'flesh'. The weapon was designed to disrupt magical, or spiritual beings. Causing them extreme pain and discomfort if it came in contact with them.
The effects of the spirit getting hit would be that the part of their body that was touched would evaporate, sending it back over to the spirit world until she could repair that part of her body. If however he swung it through her entire body, her entire form would be dispelled and she would fully cross over to the spirit world.

The weapon can't actually kill spirits and demons, because they are already dead, it instead forcefully sends them back to where they belong.

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:50 am

The hiss from the man made both Fujiko and Gozeanna glance at each other. "The thing that is wrong, is that abomination standing next to you!" He then attacked! Gozeanna was a zanpakuto, she was always on guard, especially since the man was acting strange to begin with. She immediately stepped back away from his attack in an attempt to get away, luckily the blade missed her head, but struck her shoulder lightly, leaving a gash which she placed her hand over and dropped to a knee feeling it's effects. Meanwhile Fujiko had unsheathed her blade in her right hand, and was surprised to see Gozeanna fall to a knee. She immediately aimed a hand at the ground in front of Kynn.

"Shakkahō!" in the palm of her hand a red, baseball sized ball of energy formed, and shot forward at her mark. The point of the spell was to cause a large dust screen so that the two of them could put some distance between them if any of the blast hit him in the legs it would only due insignificant damage if any at all, once the screen was up, she grabbed Gozeanna and retreated a good 15ft away. "Whats wrong Anna?" She keep her eye on Kynn as she spoken. "His spear, it's made from omething that can hurt spirits even more so than normal." She took her hand off the gash and her eyes widened as she saw that the gash was a void. "Be careful.." Fujiko was calm, but she still wouldn't play around with a threat like this.

"Sensu no utsukushi, Gozeonna Bugeisha..." At once her blade began to glow then pulsed without changing. "I can't transform until this wound is gone..." It's going to take 4 minutes (4 posts<---Let me know if you feel like it should take longer) "It's quite alright dear, I will be fine until your ready.."

At once Fujiko advanced toward Kynn, with her blade at the ready, and as she reached within' 4ft she slashed her blade in a downward at his right shoulder planting her feet and lowering her center of gravity to add force to the blow without sacrificing balance and attempting to follow through into a shove with her body weight that cause him to stumble, if she hit him in the first place.

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:08 pm

OOC: Four posts is fine. The wound is small.

Kynn watched as the spear's tip glanced the spirit's shoulder, he smirked at the result. It wasn't what he had wanted, but it was good enough. He was trying to get the woman to summon the spirit back to her, but that didn't happen. He didn't like the idea of two enemies on the battlefield instead of just one, but he would manage. Fighting the supernatural was his specialty, they would find that almost all of his equipment was made to disrupt spirits and behave exactly like his spear; even his silver sword, the Silent Serenade. Why? because silver also disrupts magical energy. You may have heard the story that the only way to kill a werewolf is with silver bullets, that is the reason why; it kills the enchantment. While his thin swords do little damage to humans, they make nasty wounds to the undead.

He jumped back as the woman shot the strange energy ball to create a smoke screen, but sadly her attack, or defense in this case, was useless. He had already activated his true sight, and he could see straight through the cloud of dust because their energy stood out in front of him. He saw the woman go to the spirits aid, and then prepare to attack. He wondered if she could see through her own dust screen? He prepared himself anyways as she started to charge at him.

"I am sorry miss pretty lady, but you seem to be under the influence of evil. Forgive me, but I must lay the evil spirit that controls you to rest!"
He took a few steps back and leaned his head away, while at the same time swinging his spear upwards, this time in the reverse motion from the last one, so that while his spear was coming upwards it met her blade and deflected it away. Because he leaned his body back her sword missed hitting him, but the force from her strike caused him to stumble. She was a lot stronger then she looked.

He continued his retreat by taking a leap backwards, taking him a few stumbling steps to regain his balance from her attack; but he didn't fall. His spear was now held up in a guard position near his head. He spread his legs, crouching down slightly, and then slashed the blade downwards again, mimicking the first attack he did, but this time he was a good fifteen feet away from Fujiko. Just as his attack finished its swing he yelled the words "viento sliiiiiceeeer!"

The spear itself was not meant to hit her, the weapon was used as a conduit. Often times gold or silver was used when performing magic, it was a good way to channel it to where you needed it to go, much like a wizard's staff. The mana flowed out of his body, into the spear, and then out of it. Creating a slice of wind in Fujiko's direction. It couldn't be seen, but the magical pressure could be felt, and the leaves and grass was forced out of the way as it flew towards her in the exact same motion that he had swung his spear. If she were hit by it, the effects would be very similar to getting cut by the actual weapon, but not as severe. The gust of wind would still leave a nasty gash though if it hit her straight on.

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:52 pm

"I am sorry miss pretty lady, but you seem to be under the influence of evil. Forgive me, but I must lay the evil spirit that controls you to rest!"

Her attack was somewhat successful as she watched him avoid the attack but he was stumbled at least. A couple of seconds later he attacked again. ""viento sliiiiiceeeer!" At once she knew what he was doing and she was ready, she leaped back to gain a second or two all the while gathering reiastu into her blade, and with a downward slash of her blade she sent a wave of reiatsu from her blade to counter and nullify his and then she advance at toward him against, from about 20ft away. She didn't smile, but her demeanor was relaxed as she spoke. "I am sorry as well, that it must be this way I won't try to reason with you." As she advanced she began an incantation: "Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south!" The incantation seemed to due nothing because she didn't break stride to fire the spell but instead her reiastu slow flowed into her left hand.

As she reached within' 4ft of Kynn, she swung her blade into a horizontal slash,in a sightly more relaxed stance then before, her blade whipping in a calm yet powerfully controlled motion from right to left with her feet planted. If this hit its mark it would leave a hefty gash across his abdomen.

Gozeanna simply watched from afar, slowing healing her wound as fast as she could. (3 post Left)

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Kynn was surprised she countered his attack so easily. He now knew the woman was skilled, so he would be careful in fighting her. He now frowned as the woman began her incantation, but he didn't focus on the words. He learned a long time ago it was almost impossible to tell what another wizard was trying to summon up until it was too late. He instead tried to read her body movements to guess what she had in mind. His eyes scanning the flow of energy that moved to her hand by using his wizard's sight. He decided the best way to stop her was to disable her. A huge child like smile spread across his face. He wondered how much she liked transmutations? He began gathering energy for his spells. This was going to be hilarious.
Her confidence was going to be her downfall.

As she came towards him he stood calming and let her advance, keeping the same grounded stance from before. His legs were slightly spread and he made sure his left foot was back slightly so that he wouldn't stumble this time. He raised an eyebrow at how calm she was.
I think I understand...
He knew he didn't have much time before the spirit was fully healed, so a second idea came to mind. He hoped this worked. He was going to need to stall for a bit.

As she went to slice her sword across his abdomen, Kynn thrust his spear down towards the ground to block her attack, his right hand and the spearhead was down facing the ground, and his left hand and the blunt end was up near his head, both hands spread apart from each other. As her sword came towards him it would hit the gold pole of the spear and deflect off of it. He held it tight to make sure it didn't budge from the initial impact. He then quickly pulled the spear up with his right hand, while pushing down with his left. The result was that the weapon came up and around so that the blade would slice her from her left hip up to her right shoulder.

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:47 pm

As her blade was stop by the shaft of his spear, she got exactly what she wished for, his attack; she stepped toward him with her right foot, shifting her weight to her right leg simultaneously placing her left hand on the sheath of her blade. She was attempting to escape his blade and hopefully she would be hit with the area just a foot below the blade; the pain made her grit her teeth, but she was a solid woman. The force of it would still cause a rather large bruise and slow her down some, but his blade was far too dangerous to risk. She made sure to ready her left hand for defense. She didn't waste the chance to attack and immediately swung her blade back toward him is a slash aimed at his left side, mainly around the waist area with as much power as she could muster. The power behind it was weaker than before due to the pain of the strike she took, but it would hurt nonetheless.

Gozeanna nearly recovered from the ill feeling of the wound, but she still had to focus for some time more before the wound would at shut. (2 Posts left)

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Kynn's attack connected and did some damage. How much? He couldn't tell, all he could do was hope that it was enough to slow her down for a bit. As she swung again for her second strike, Kynn was still recovering from his own slash, which exposed his side to her. He cursed himself for his mistake, he shouldn't have swung up so high. He attempted to move away from the blade, but he just didn't have the time. It cut into his side just as he was bringing his spear back down to try and deflect the blow. A nasty gash was cut into his waist. He screamed in pain and continued his retreat, now quickly stepping up and around to the west side of the village because he was running out of room with the area directly behind him.
He didn't go far, maybe ten feet to the side. He wanted to check how bad he was bleeding but he knew he didn't have the time. He clenched his jaw to try and fight the pain; tears welling up in his eyes.

Gozeanna would be recovering soon, so it was now time to put his plan into action. He reached into his herbal bag on his right side and grabbed a handful of crushed ginger root powder, he knew where it was because he kept each herb in a separate pouch within his herbal bag. He was about to perform two spells in a very small amount of time, he was hoping that Fujiko could only counter one or the other. It all depended on how much magic she knew.
He tossed the powder in the air, sprinkling it from left to right while shouting "Racine modificación!"

The powder began to shimmer and sparkle in the air as a fine glittering dust. It slowly began to fall. It sprayed out about six feet across as he threw his arm out, and only flew maybe a foot outwards towards Fujiko. He knew what would happen if anything crossed the powder while the spell was in effect, but he hoped that she wouldn't. With the cut in his side he hoped that this would buy him some time, because he was now going to be a bit slower with the wound.

If she walked through the magic dust, anything that passed through it would be transmutated into a large ginger root for two minutes (two posts). The dust wouldn't hang in the air for long, maybe thirty seconds at the max, so he had to move fast. If she stepped in, well, she would pretty much turn into a large useless 'Root person' for a short time, but if her weapon went through the dust cloud, it would turn into ginger root, which would pretty much make it like a toy sword.

The glitter dust spell was a very simple transmutation spell used just for buying time, which was what he needed. He had stepped to the side and around Fujiko because he needed a clear shot at Gozeanna, and with the dust cloud separating Fujiko from Kynn, he figured she wouldn't be able to stop him. He called out the simple spell name "soufflerieeeee!", and with all the strength he had, he threw his spear at Gozeanna. The soufflerie spell created a small wind tunnel around his spear and propelled it straight for the spirit. If she didn't move she would be impaled by his weapon. As soon as the weapon left his hand he took several more steps back and away from Fujiko.
Last edited by Lightcaster on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:58 pm

Fujiko watched as her attack was successful and Kynn retreated back; he immediately reached into a bag on his right side and tossed it into the air. Was he prepare a projectile spell? She channeled more reiastu into her left hand preparing for a defensive spell. As she watched him sprinkle what looked like dust into the air and shout what seemed to be. A defensive spell from what she could see. She knew what his blade could do, she was better off attacking from long range than advancing toward him. At once he began to move..away from her? No! He was going to attack Gozenanna!..."Wrong person to attack..." He was better off attacking Fujiko herself, but she couldn't let Gozeanna get hit again.

"Gozeanna my dear, on your guard! He's going to attack you!" Fujiko calmly shot a glance to Gozeanna. She stopped the healing of the wound and focused on Kynn. And Fujiko was ready, she had said a full incantation before and this was when she would attack. As Kynn threw the spear Gozeanna sprang into, spinning like and releasing reiastu in the air, generating a rightward spinning dome of heavy wind. The spear hit the dome and didn't stop the spear it only deflected the spear off to the left of her. And after it took a few seconds for her to stop spinning, but she didn't take any damage. She didn't begin healing right away...

"Hado #31 Shakkahō!!!" Fujiko raised hand left hand as half the built up reiastu formed into a red ball of energy about the size of a volleyball and began to spin forward like the wheel of a car, then she released it. She aimed at his chest, but the spin would make it touch down at his lower waist. The explosion would be hell, it would hit and cause heavy concussive damage and at least burns slightly worse than 1st degree. He would probably dodge it and even if the spell didn't hit he'd feel the explosion which was strong even to blow him a good 10ft away in distance IF he wasn't further away.

Attack Gozeanna was his first mistake, Fujiko didn't want to use her shikai. She was planning to, but as long as he stalled and attack Gozeanna she didn't have to. Her shikai was indeed powerful, but he didn't know the weakness of something she couldn't use. While Fujiko watched Kynn closely to see what he would do. Gozeanna began healing once again. While the spell was moving she decided to get in a better position, she began to move in an arc toward Gozenanna, still watching Kynn. She wasn't run at a full speed, she was moving at somewhat of a run. With each step she could feel the bruise on her left leg. Lucky for her she hadn't used too much energy, she was slowly weakening though; Prolonged battle was never her favorite.

(2 posts left)

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Kynn sniffed a large wad of snot back up into his nose. The pain in his side was bothering him quite a bit, but he wasn't going to stop fighting until the spirit was dead. Besides, he could shift it closed with his powers if he had enough time. He watched his spear fly on its wind tunnel, only to get stopped by a magic wind wall. He scowled. He was hoping the spirit was using all her energy on healing, but that was not the case. His wizard's sight saw though that her wound did stop healing, buying him a bit more time.

Sadly, Fujiko didn't waste a moment of it. After calling out her warning she went back to being on the offensive. Kynn liked a woman that didn't waste time. He would have told her so if she wasn't about to kill him. Because she had attacked so fast, his glitter dust spell was still in effect, it had about ten seconds left before fading away. Kynn had moved ten feet away from Fujiko after being cut, he then created his glitter dust field and moved back another four feet from there. The total gap between them was now fourteen feet. That wasn't much, really; especially in a magic fight...

Fujiko had shot another red ball off, similar to the one that made the dust cloud, but Kynn had a feeling it was stronger because she had chanted that strange phrase earlier. How did it go? Something about blood and guts, so he figured if he got hit by it the ball of energy would turn him into evaporated dog poop. He was still bleeding and feeling pain, so it left him with a few options.

He could try to dodge out of the way, but because of his wound he doubted he would be able to move in time. And because he just used some energy on his last attack directed towards Gozeanna, he only had a small amount of magic to work with. So he decided to use that small amount of magic to make sure the ball never reached him in the first place. That sounded like a good idea.

He quickly reached back into his herbal bag and grabbed whatever his hand could find and threw it while shouting "Auctus Haste!" He began to invision the spell so that it would take shape. It was yet another transmutation spell, but this one was going to accelerate the growth of whatever he threw. The item that he had tossed had turned out to be a bundle of horsetail herbs tied together in a neat little bundle. There were about twenty or thirty of them in total. Horsetail pretty much looks like long blades of grass, and since they were tied in a bundle it flew about five feet instead of just dropping to the ground.

As the horsetail herbs flew, the simple spell caused it to grow to about four feet in length. Kynn didn't waste time to see what happened and quickly jumped backwards to get out of the way.

When the horsetail bundle went through the glitter dust it transmutated into ginger root and quickly plumped out to about two inches thick, and combined with the growth spell it was now four feet long. Equal to a piece of deformed bamboo. Because he threw the entire bundle, there was now about thirty large pieces of ginger root flying through the air. As the red ball was coming closer, it would collide with Kynn's makeshift wall and explode prematurely, sending scattering pieces of ginger everywhere.

The blast was strong, but because Kynn had jumped backwards and the energy blew up sooner than it was suppose to, it didn't do as much damage to him as it was meant to. The blast caused Kynn to get blown back an extra four feet while he was jumping away; making him tumble and hit the ground. He rolled out of his fall and used his hand to slow himself down. Pain shooting into his side from the fall. It was making him feel like he was going to throw up.

While he was still down on one knee, he reached both arms arcoss his body in a X shape and drew both of his twin swords. The Silent Serenade in his right hand, and the Fantasia Whisper in his off hand. He began gathering more mana for his next spell.

(Total distance between Kynn and Fujiko is now 18 feet).

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Fujiko slowed down her movement as the spell struck, but missed its mark. She expected the spell wouldn't hit directly and she was dead on. After recovering from the explosion, she watched as Kynn unsheathed his twin swords. And then she advanced toward him, and although she was a bit slower this was an opportune to attack, he would be faster, but his range was roughly the same as her. As she advanced she began to chant an incantation "Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws."

As she came within' 10ft, she grabbed the sheath of her blade and pulled it from her sash in a downward dagger wield; as she came within' 4ft slashing her blade in a upward motion, aimed at his right thigh and ending at his leftward waist, her goal was to make his existing wound bigger. Her sheath was defense ready in her left hand..

"Just a bit longer.." Gozeanna stood watching the fight.
(1 Post Left)

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:44 pm

Kynn began to grind his teeth as he started the very slow process of forcing his wound shut. It wasn't that easy though because if he just put another layer of skin over it, it would still be bleeding internally, which would make it fill up with blood, and eventually burst out of the layer of skin like a blood filled pimple. He instead would have to 'stitch' it together just like a doctor would, repairing muscle, or any veins that may have been damaged, and then slowly grow more skin over it so that it would be a proper healing. It was a very painful process. Shapeshifting still required mana, even though it was apart of his body, he would absorb the mana into his body and then convert it into flesh. He used about 10% of the energy he gathered for healing, the other 90% was going to be used for his spell and began to rest comfortably in his belly as the energy gathered, waiting to be used for later use.

He was glad that Fujiko wasn't using both her hands for her strike, and that she was also injured; it put them on equal ground for when it came to strength. As she came close and slashed at him, he stood up slightly on his feet, still in a slight crouch to keep his balance, right foot out in front. He countered her strike by bringing the Serenade up and out in a horizontal slash to parry her blade away from him. The attack would go from her right hip and out towards her left hip, so that their swords would meet before her sword hit flesh, and would clash with a small burst of sparks as the two blades met; the sound of colliding metal ringing out into the air. He followed the motion by taking a half step forward with his left foot and thrusting Fantasia towards her heart with a defiant "Yaaaah!" yell of pain.

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Liquidus on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:36 am

Her attack was parried, and she knew he would attack back now that she was off guard. She immediately attempted to back away from his attack, even still she was hit along her left hip and the wound only stopped when her sword struck his blade. When he followed through she had the sheath in her left hand and she blocked the thrust by sweeping the sheath at the side of his blade and pushing it just outside of her body. She then back away from him about 15ft breathing calmly. She didn't dare show that his blade hurt more than just a wound, she only breath deeply and exhaled the same for a second or two. The gas h felt like it was burning, the pain almost brought a tears to her eyes. "Fujiko, I'm Done!!" Gozeanna

Fujiko began to slowly back away from him and started...undressing? She threw off her kosode, revealing fitted shirt made of a very flexible fabric that stretched down to just before her navel and revealed part of her midriff. "So much better.." She thought to herself. Gozeanna began to glow in a flame of reiastu as Fujiko watched Kynn. "The five armed goddess, dances to my blade her beauty is unparalleled and madness is that of the blind woman. Sense the Beauty, Gozeonna Bugeisha! At once her blade began to glow white and shattered, forming behind her as four different weapons, A Nodachi, A Cross Spear which looked as if it were made of clear ice, A pair of 1ft shuriken connected by a 8ft chain with a ring used a handle in the middle, and a Flyssa which blade seemed to glow white as if was white hot, all of the weapons stayed afloat behind her in a fan like pattern.

Gozeanna was no longer in her physical, she was in her shikai form. Fujiko had many weapons to choose from, but she was still tired from all the fighting and the wounds that she had received. The weapon wouldn't matter if she couldn't strike hard enough. Slowly, Izanami spun blade tip downward and positioned itself in her blind spot, it couldn't attack at all, only defend what she herself could perceive, and then she reached back and took a hold of Umihebiza and with a small flash it was no longer a cross spear. It had changed shape, it was a dual headed Meteor Hammer with iron balls about the size of a fist, and a 10ft long chain between them. The strange thing was, it still looked as if it were made of clear ice.

She yanked on the chain and pulled of the the iron balls into her left and and she looped the part of the chain so that the iron ball hung just a bit then she took up some slack of the chain and began to spin it above her head. She was going to attack from a far now...he'd have to come to her now, which meant she would use as much energy as she normally would attacking. The part swinging over her head was about 7ft in length and she had 2ft of slack in between her hand and one foot of chain wrapped securely around her left hand.

She slowly advanced on him, coming within 6 feet before she abruptly whipped the attacking weight in a circle at him, attempting to hit his upper back by curving the chain around his right shoulder. (Meaning she is spinning the chain in a right or counter clockwise)The strike was fueled by momentum, and it would bruise heavily and maybe even very lightly fracture bone. She had to whittle him down some, she knew if she needed bankai, things would get ugly in this situation.

(Ooc: If you feel like the explanation is too confusing, I'll switch to a simpler weapon. I've never used anything like this before >_< lol)

Liquidus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightcaster on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:58 pm

OOC: It is not confusing. Kynn once had a similar weapon, just smaller and thinner; Shaolin monks use it to fight with. I take it that Fujiko is using her weapon like this (Fast forward to 1:30). That was literally the first thing that came to mind. Oi, my post is gonna be a bit long to counter this. X__X

The wound in his side was healing slowly, pulling the bottom side up towards the top side so that they would meet in the middle. It would be faster then trying to bring the horizontal sides to connect. The wound now moved one centimeter together. If someone was watching it in real time they probably wouldn't even see the subtle movements of the wound healing until it was almost done.

Kynn watched as Fujiko jumped back and avoided his thrust. He let her retreat and get back, it would give him time to prepare. He waited a moment to see what she was going to do.
"The five armed goddess, dances to my blade her beauty is unparalleled and madness is that of the blind woman. Sense the Beauty, Gozeonna Bugeisha!" She had started chanting the phrase earlier, and Kynn had thought she was going to shoot another red ball, but this chant ended a bit differently, so Kynn knew she was doing something new.
While she was chanting, Kynn stuck his silver sword into the ground, the Silent Serenade, and brought the Fantasia Whisper up near his face. His hand was down near his stomach and the blade was completely vertical, facing up towards the sky.

He now placed his right hand palm on the side of his weapon and began to concentrate, focusing the energy that he had stored in his stomach and was now sending it into his golden rapier.
He waited to see what she would do next. He watched as the weapon divided and split into four different weapons. He raised an eyebrow, it was highly amusing. He tried not to get distracted. He watched as her weapon turned into a strange looking flail of some sort, which appeared to be made of ice. He nodded his head, he had once used a similar weapon a long time ago and had a small idea on how to counter it. Although he was always the one using the weapon, not fighting against it. He now shouted "Fuego! Into to the swooooord!" Instantly a strong gust of wind circled around him as the energy was released and shot into his Golden rapier, catching the entire thing on fire in a huge blazing hot inferno.

A normal sword would have melted, warped, or began to fall apart from the heat, but Kynn's rapier was enchanted with magical runes to keep such things from happening. Both swords were very small and light weight so that he could move them at extreme speeds. The flames added a bit more depth to the small rapier so that it now resembled a flaming great sword, but at the core of the flames you could still see the small rapier blade. His gloved hands and the gauntlets over them helped to protect his own flesh from the intense heat.

He now picked the Serenade back up and changed stances while Fujiko was coming closer to him.
He squatted down, right leg straight and sticking out facing Fujiko, and his left leg was back and bent at the knee. His left elbow was back and up near his head, the flaming sword's point was facing Fujiko. The Silent Serenade was out in front of him in a horizontal defensive guard position. It was a standard stance that most fighters took up when dual wielding weapons.

As Fujiko swung the chain ball at his right shoulder (the one holding the Serenade), he brought his sword up in a diagonal slash about one foot away from where the ball was; not to cut the chain in half, but to simply misdirect the momentum of the ball. At the same time he took a step forward with his left foot and yanked his right arm back while adding a slight swivel motion to it. The result was that he was now in the same defensive stance, but his two arms and two legs were now in reverse positions, flaming sword and left leg now out in front. The chain bent as his sword hit it, and the momentum from the ball caused the chain to wrap around his sword, it looked like the ball was now orbiting around the blade of the Serenade, he had swiveled his arm to help it along so that it was nice and tight. As he yanked his arm back, the chain was pulled taut, causing the ball to stop its spin, and if Fujiko was not holding on with a firm grip, the weapon would be pulled from her hands. His arm was now straining to make sure that if she yanked back, his own sword would not fly from his grasp.

When someone used a chain weapon, they normally always went to disarm their opponent by wrapping the chain around it and pulling it free from their fingers; Kynn thought to try to get a head start by beating her to the punch.
Last edited by Lightcaster on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightcaster
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!