Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Swords and Axes

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Swords and Axes

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:04 pm

OOC: Ermmm not really, there is a MotherF****** big storm behind us, and we do not want to get caught in it.

Grange noticed a figure stepping out in the road ahaed of them. He started to slow, then saw Warrgh pressed on full speed. The figure began to take shape, and Grange could now see it was a human. They approached closer and closer, their mounts breathing fiercly their muscles and lungs pumping. Griever let out a growl as they closed in on the human. Grange leaned over in the saddle, intending to knock the human over in case he intended on harming them. Grage could see every detail of the humans elegant armour now, was he going to move? Did he intend on fighting two orcs and their mounts singl handedly?
Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drako11
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Alexander was not going to move,it would show weakness.Alexander saw one of the orcs not telling its mont to slow.Alexander grabbed out his golden tilt longsword.He quickly picked up and iron shield from a frozen daed troll warrior.He steadily placed the large shield in front of him so it would absorb most of the orcs impact.He crouched slightly and streatched his blade in a straight line like a joust.He griped the sowrd hilt and shield handle till his hands started to burn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:24 pm

Grange spurred Griever on, they were almost upon the knight now. The knight had picked up a shield and drawn a large sword. Suddenly Griever launched himself into the air they soared above the knight landing just behind him. Grange almost fell from the saddle, but grabbed a clump of Griever's fur at the last second hauling himself back on. As soon as they hit the ground Griever had kept on full tilt keeping pace with Warrgh's wolf. Grang looked behind him at the disappearing knight. A wall of black clouds was forming behind them chasing after them like an angry black bear.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Alexander looked puzzled that the orcs leaped over him and did not want to engage in combat.This was confusing to Alexander because he thought the orcs were quick for blood.Alexander sheathed his blade into its holder.He squinted his eyes and saw the two orcs ride deeper into the city.Alexander ran to follow them.
Last edited by Aznmafia on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:52 pm

OOC: Wait...your changing what I posted...I never stopped. I was going to swing at you, however I saw you grab up the shield and sword, and my wolf jumped over you. We kept going without even stopping you saw a brief glimpse of us nothing more.... We are gone, we're running from the storm not standing around wanting to fight.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:47 pm

(OOC sorry i read wrong let me edit)

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:16 pm

As the large wolf started to leap, Warrgh cradled the child in his arms. When they had landed he also glanced back at the human knight and said through his teeth as they continued away. "Just like a human, quick for blood."

As they continued to ride through the city Warrgh knew that if there were a knight here, mostly likely there would be others with him. His eyes cast to and fro as he sought a shelter, when he saw the remains of a small hovel he pointed and steered Hunter towards it.

"We must seek shelter that storm will be upon us before we make the far gates. We may be able to succor the children to that knight if he is not a dunderhead and willing to listen to orcs." Warrgh shouted so Grange would hear.

The chill winds now howled as the hammering fist of the storm descended on the ruined city of Steeltusk. Warrgh hoped that the hovel would provide enough shelter for them.

His eyes burning with rage as he shouted at the winds "Grandfather you may cast your worst at us, these humans will survive. You will not win these whelps from the grasp of the warriors Grange and Warrgh Spinebreak."

He urged Hunter onward towards the dimming shape of the hovel. The swirling snows and freezing winds made everything beyond ten feet almost impossible to see.
The writer who cares more about words than about characters, action, setting, atmosphere is unlikely to create a vivid and continuous dream; he gets in his own way too much; in his poetic drunkenness, he can't tell the cart- and its cargo- from the horse.
John Gardner

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Grange nodded at Warrgh's command. It was a wise thing to wait out the storm, there was no way to beat it, and to be caught out in it would surely spell death for any beast caught outside. TIghtly he grasped Fionna, shielding her from the winds that slapped at them.

Soon they reached the hovel, Grange's back slammed into the low crossbeams as Grange ran willingly into cover. The hovel was just tall enough for the mounts, with enough room for a small fire, and a little sitting room. Grange climbed off of Griever, rubbing his back he sneered, "Well let's hope our friend out there can listen to common sense", he said as he turned to help Fionna off the wolf's back.

Soon Grange had a fire going and a small pot of dried meat boiling, in a sort of rough stew. He sat on his haunches playing a little game with some pebbles and bones, with Fionna, waiting for the knight to come.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:39 pm

Alexander stood in the eye of the storm confused.But reality snapped back to him harshly.The cold was so imberible it felt like hundred sowrds searing threw his flesh.He slowy walked to the wooden door of the archer towers to cloak himself from the storm.The handle was almost iced over,and with the fear of freezing to death he grabbed the handle and with all his strength threw his numb fingers budged the door open.He slumped down in a corner next to a torch to warmhimself up.He could only think about the two orcs.He looked down at his glimmering armor frozen by the harsh tundra of these lands.As soon as the storm settled he would track these orcs.

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:46 pm

Warrgh drapped his heavy bear pelt over the chilled form of the boy. The warmth of the small fire that Grange had created warmed him little. Out there in that storm was a human knight, the die was cast now, he had seen the orcs and they were forced to seek shelter in the ruins of this city. The bones clattering as Grange played with Fionna rang hollowly in the hovel they sought.
The howl of the wind as it whipped around the hovel created an eerie wail that reminded him of the Ghost Wolves, the night hunters that stalked the realm of dreams hunting for sleepers to consume.

"Grange, we are now known. That knight knows we are here. Not precisely where, but he knows we are hole up seeking shelter from the storm. I have no doubt he shall come looking for us, we must be ready for the possibility that he may not listen to us and choose the force of arms."

Glancing at Grange, the firelight dancing eerily across the faces of Grange and Fionna, for the briefest moment he saw a shadow dance across the walls, a shadow of a wolf.

"Be prepared for anything tonight Grange Name-Seeker, I think our path has crossed into the realm of the magi, I think we are now thrust onto a stage neither of us are prepared for." Warrgh said softly as he turned back watching the fierce blizzard rage outside.

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Contributor Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:46 pm

Glor or what became of Glor gloomed around the massive room.The red hair demon was as large as a two story building and as strong as one.
The tall warlock walked up to the large beast and began to speak.
"Lord Arquanus you have ben summoned again!I have heard your cries in my nightmares and i have done what you have asked.The orcs and humans will soon be at war by sunrise these lands shall flood with the blood of our enemies!"
Lord Arquanus didnt seem to pay attention to one word the warlock spoke.His head shifted up and his glowing yellow eyes burned a hole into what was left of the warlock's soul.

"Good...good,my power is not at full strength so we shall sit and wait till my plans unfold.Not Tulundra nor any person bind my soul into damnation again!"

While the large red creature roared threw the room,the room began to shake wildly from the power of the beast.Even the new warlocks just dabbing thir feet into dark magic took a step back while eyeing their new ruler.
The red demon lifted his fist and yelled.
"I AM ARQUANUS DEMON KING AND I SHALL RULE THESE LANDS!"
The tall warlock and every other man or woman in the room kneeled down at the large terror.
Alexander peered out the glass window must of the storm had passed but it was still to cold to venture out.
"About 30 minutes then the storm will settle."Alexander said still warming up his frozen hands.
Alexander clutched his fist and bashed it on the stone wall.
"Those orcs will confess into what they are doing here!Or they shall die."

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Alexander looked one more time anxious to see if the storm had dispersed.The storm was gone the sky now back to its original blue.Alexander walked out of the large door peering at the ground.The orcs wolf mount tracks have vanished jsut like the storm itself.Alexander signaled the two troll archers to come and meet him.Alexander began to speak of orders for the trolls.

"There are atleast two orcs who have infiltrated the city,they must still be here.It would have been suicidal to leave during the storm,even for the orcs.Go tell your other scouts and soldiers if you see anything report to me or the king.Do not egage them unless they attack you first."Alexander said to the 7ft tall warriors.
The troll's hit their right fist against there hearts accepting the duty.The trolls ran down the long road to signal the orders.Alexander walked down the long road also to see if he saw anything suspicious he had a acompany of two troll city gaurds.He brought the trolls with them because they had a keener nose then him.Alexander hoped they didnt get away they could have valuable information about the murder of the king.

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:05 pm

Grange slowly poked his head out of the hovel, quickly he retreated into the darkness of the hovel as the two trolls passed by. He was amazed they didn't smell them, but they must have been pre-occupied. Again he creeped out, a bucket in hand. He had begun collecting fresh snow to melt for water, when he noticed the knight.

Slowly he set the bucket down and drifted into the white wonderland. Slowly he crept around a pile of rubble and coming up behind the knight, pulled out his battle axe and placed it firmly against the knights neck. "I think we need to talk", Grange said soflty, his arm tensed in case the knight re-acted wrongly.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:18 pm

Alexander jumped to a sharp object in the back of his neck.His hand already firmly on his blade.He didnt jump to action because he knew with one swift swing his head would have rolled across the street.His two troll gaurds put the spears to the back of the orcs head.
"And what is it you want to talk about orc?"Alexander said in a calm voice.
Alexander just peered off into the white distance.Awaiting the orcs responce,if the orc wanted to kill him he would have done it by now regardless of the two trolls behind him.

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:22 pm

"It isn't for me to say, you must talk with my Captain. I warn you though one wrong move....get these trolls of me to", Grange said smoothly, he was not afraid of dying, but a blad at anyones neck is enough to make them jumpy. Slowly he lowered his blade, trusting his life to the decency of this human. He pointed to the hovel, "Captain's down there"

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Alexander eyed the orc suspiciously,what if he was leading him into a trap...Alexander didnt know but it seemed this orc had to speak with him badly.The orc along with two trolls walked their way to the hidden hovel.Alexander's hand did not move from his hilt for one secound.

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skallagrim on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Warrgh snarled and slammed the spears from the trolls hands and into the snow. "S'van Haz'naarth Gawas'd! Chul'thek Gnorla Shatharsh WARRGH!"

The great two handed sword called Blood drinker hummed as it had struck the spears. Warrgh had spoken in the troll dialect, telling them to put their weapons down, children were sleeping and if they woke them they would face Warrgh. Tapping the chest of the closest troll Warrgh nodded his head out the door and waited patiently for them to leave the small hovel.

His voice a low growl as he snarled "We go outside human, there is no need to disturb the sleep of babes with the filth of warriors. Grange let us bring this motley delegation outside where we may speak freely."

Skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:00 am

Grange nodded, walking over to the children he made sure they were tucked snuggly in their wraps, whisked away in dream land. Then he walked out side eyeing the trolls he gripped his stone battle axe, making sure the trolls did not interfere with the conversation about to ensue.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aznmafia on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:07 pm

Alexander was confused by the orcs strange reaction.
"What is it you wish to speak of orc?Do not waste my time with empty words?"

Aznmafia
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drako11 on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Grange lunged forward, "How dare you impudent human! Warrgh Spinebreaker speaks no useless words", Grange growled as he raised his axe ready to decapitate the human.

Drako11
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!