Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Taking character requests

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Taking character requests

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freimeier on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:51 am

Hello everyone,

One of the things that I always loved about RPG was how others interpreted own characters -
quite often it was something absolutely different than you intendet ( Oh associations, you cursed
associations! )

So, I'm taking character drawing requests - be it a portrait or a full body shot, I'll do my best.
Just to clarify one thing, wich got me into awkward situations earlier - I am not able to do
every character. Just take a look then and now and you'll know whether I did your character or not.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Freimeier
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Taking character requests

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EverFidelis on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:41 pm

While i am a new RPer to any forums, ive had some characters in mind. I would PM the description, but i think i saw something about a post cap before i could even bother doing so. So i guess what im asking is, should i post it here?
Per Audacia Ad Astra!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EverFidelis
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freimeier on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 am

Yep. Just give me a description and I'll look what I can do.

Freimeier
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EverFidelis on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:34 am

Name: Tina Clarke
Weight: 134 lbs
Height: 5' 6"
Race: American (Caucasian)
Hair: Red shoulder height ponytail.
Eyes: Dark blue.
Clothing: Red and silver crop top (Short sleeve) Black pants, and black combat boots.
Special: Long scar running from left shoulder to left hand. Red star tattooed on her right hand.

Anything else needed? Let me know.

EverFidelis
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CrashQueen on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Oooh, hmmm, could you possibly draw my character Rowen?
He's just so absurd I want to see what comes of it

Here's the profile, with a reference photo: Link
Hey you like art? Check this junk out, man!

CrashQueen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EverFidelis on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:56 pm

I take it either hes getting to it.....or dropped us like a bag of potatoes.

EverFidelis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freimeier on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:28 pm

I am still here, don't worry.
I have to admit I ended up with about 10 doodles for the first character, but nothing worth sharing.

Please, have some patience and bear with me.

Freimeier
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EverFidelis on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Aye, I will, just wondering where you were.

EverFidelis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freimeier on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Alrighty then. Feel free to skip the story time ( which I will have before posting a picture ).
So I sat down, doodles in the bin, desperately trying to get something decent out of my tablet.
Fight scene? Too generic. Typical anime poses? Nope. Classical full-body portrait; the character lusciously lying on a couch? I could do that, if I was Rembrandt, sadly I'm not.
And about half an hour of thinking and experimenting later I found the proper solution.
" Draw what you feel " a mentor once told me and he was right. So I drew her pretty much in a " Whatever. Don't care " pose.
Also, obligatary nuclear explosion included.

I call it " Nah. Still don't care 'bout my pants. "

Freimeier
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EverFidelis on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:43 pm

That.........is.....amazing. I love you. May I take it? Or are we not finished? It fits her well, although the pants.....bit too low.....again, that aside....amazing.

EverFidelis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freimeier on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Please, take it. I'm pretty much done ( with the picture and mentally ).
Well, I'm glad you like it.
On a side note, concerning the pants, quote picture title:
" Nah. Still don't care 'bout my pants. "

Freimeier
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EverFidelis on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:15 am

Thnx.

EverFidelis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Freimeier on Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 am

Although this hasn't been requested. Here a recent sample of me playing around.
Sorry for the long delivery times, I am currently on a business trip.

Freimeier
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:52 pm

That facial expression is amazing. I could write a short story just based off that look alone. Your people are so emotive, it is very compelling.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DriftingPillow on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:12 pm

I agree with Vice, that picture is amazing! So is the first one. I love the "Eh, who cares" expression she is wearing.

Great job Freimeier :]

DriftingPillow
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!