Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Chronicles of Valore

Terra: The Maradar Quarantine (Hypnosis Storyteller)

a part of “Chronicles of Valore”, a fictional universe by Tiko.

A land of legend and fantasy. From the icy peaks of Terra to the barren wastelands of Caldonia. From the fantastical lands of Aelora to the cursed woodlands of G'ael. Come write your own story in Chronicles of Valore.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Chronicles of Valore”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Terra: The Maradar Quarantine (Hypnosis Storyteller)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Sun May 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Premise for The Maradar Quarantine:

The city of Maradar has long been the capital of the coastal country Pelenus in the Eastlands. Upon the water's edge itself, Maradar serves as a hub for traders and sailors coming from the Eastlands, the Midlands, and further Caldonia, and, as such, is visited upon by various peoples for various purposes.

Vast and walled-in, Maradar is accessible only through it's large wood-and-iron front gate or by the many ports running along its coastal boundary.

With the outbreak of the Eastlands' genocidal movement, however, and the aligning of Pelenus with Varnathus' Emperor, the once diverse and prosperous country has bolted its gates and implemented a large naval blockade, cutting off the flows of trade and traffic, preventing the further immigration of non-human races, and effectively imprisoning those unfortunate enough to find themselves within Maradar's walls.

Survival is instinctive, though, and few awaiting certain death can sit idly by until it comes. As such, the frightened people seeking escape from their city-prison call upon characters - merchants, sailors, warriors, mercenaries, pirates, etc. - to help them; be it through the gates or out to sea, these people are desperate to find refuge from what seems imminent demise.

Initially, I'm looking for characters of the types mentioned above to bring this to life, characters of all personalities and classifications, so long as their role is relevant to the story as a whole. Refugees can be either NPC or playable depending on your interest and the relevance to the story.

~Hypnosis

This is the OOC thread for the aforementioned plot in the Eastlands of Terra. As I mentioned before, I'm simply looking for some preliminary characters (maybe 3-5) to help set things off and get the ball rolling. Remember, every action taken in this roleplay is cumulative, and will inevitably determine the fates of your characters and, possibly, the world of Valore as a whole.

If anyone is interested, please let me know by posting a link to your character here. That said, here is my own character, Rasmus Rynn.

Thank you for your interest and participation!
Last edited by Hypnosis on Mon May 14, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Terra: The Maradar Quarantine (Hypnosis Storyteller)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun May 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Once you have a couple players for this, I'll add the country of Pelenus and the city of Maradar to the places listing.
I've moved on. If anyone stumbles on any of my old roleplays or wants to hit me up for nostalgia sake, feel free to shoot me an e-mail me at RPGTiko@gmail.com or hit me up on http://www.storytellerscircle.com. Good luck RolePlaygateway.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Sun May 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Thank you, Tiko! I've received a couple PM's, so it's no longer a blank canvas. I'll keep you up-to-date on the details. Are you going to want summaries for the places?

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun May 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Yes please. They don't need to be anything too complex, even just a sentence or two is fine so I can make the rooms.

Also I was bouncing ideas with Script, and we wanted to run something past you. We were thinking of writing up bit of RP that happened on the day that the city was locked down on magic users and was being purged of non humans.

We were wondering if we could expand on his initial idea that he PMed you, to actually have had the entire docks held under siege for a few days (under the control of the ship crews that were in port at the time). With the navy blockade set up they couldn't escape port, and with the guards in the city rounding people up, all they could do is dig in and try to hold the docks (which ultimately will have failed), and then we can pick up with the PC characters in prison.

I figure the prisoners probably aren't being executed outright, but instead are being shipped off to work as labor in the diamond mines to the east. That gives any PC characters in prison an opportunity to escape when they're being transported out of it.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Cult Leader Hordemaster Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 pm

I would really appreciate some input prior to the whole thing, actually; with the world still being fleshed out, I've been finding it difficult to establish where everything is, and how everything is to take place in relation to location. If you could give me a little knowledge direct from the source, I would never turn it down!

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun May 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Certainly. I'll see what I can get written up for you tomorrow.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Mon May 07, 2012 12:15 pm

Okay I etched this up real quick. It's by no means set in stone yet.

The sandy colored regions would be arid, the light green would be semi-arid/steppe, and the darker green is moving up into more temperate climates. The stars would be the capitals of the two countries. As you get further south into Pelenus, (across the water) it probably gets less habitable, so much of the trade cities and heavily populated regions are likely up near the capital or along the coasts. There are probably several tribal/nomadic people that live further inland. The Island to the south houses some diamond mines (I imagine a lot of the non humans that are being rounded up are being sent there to work as slave labor).

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Tue May 08, 2012 11:17 pm

I like the map portion, Tiko; it's incredible! My only request is Maradar being moved to the main land mass of Pelenus, preferably at the end of the long stretch of water that separates the two land masses. Would that be possible?

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 pm

I can if you want, but I figure what you called the main land mass, (though larger) isn't the main land mass, so much as the desolate and least populated regions of Pelenus. I could move it down towards the long stretch of water but keep it in the northern land mass?

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 pm

That's fine. I was just looking at places easiest to create a large blockade at or near, and choking that long stretch seemed most effective.

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Wed May 09, 2012 7:52 am

Well, keep in mind the proportions. Any small inlet or bay could be blockaded easier than that long stretch. That long stretch is probably the equivalent of the red sea in size. That's a big blockade, even at its narrow points. But if we were to zoom in, the coastline is no doubt riddled with bays and inlets that could be much easier to blockade, so with that in mind, it doesn't matter too much where along the coast we place it. It would be a huge drain on the economy to front all the resources needed to blockade an entire sea.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Fri May 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Okay, I went ahead and added the locations of Pelenus and Maradar. I'll update the synopsis for them as soon as you get some written up.

I'm just about finished with getting a character rolled up for this also. I went with a fortune teller/cheap magic tricks kind of character. She doesn't actually have any magic, but I figure with the purging of the magic users in the city, they aren't taking the time to investigate these people and even a charlatan is at risk.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Sat May 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Sorry I've been gone for so long, Tiko; I've had ridiculous amounts of school and job-related work. I'll PM you my descriptions tomorrow, and we can hopefully get everything rolling this week!

Please post a link to your character once she's ready!

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm

No worries. I'm not in any rush. And certainly.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Sun May 13, 2012 12:50 pm

This is an update for any interested participants:

The "Places" tab and Wiki have both been updated to include descriptions of Pelenus and Maradar.

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun May 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Ugh! So sorry. I've been horribly sick for about a week and a half now on top of having a horribly hectic schedule due to finals and a yearly review at my internship/job. I think I can finally slip back into the land of RPGateway so the main question I have is....

How has this RP come along? Do we have players? :D I can have a character post up in a day or two if we're ready.
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Sun May 13, 2012 9:46 pm

I believe at the moment there's Script, myself and Hypnosis, so plenty of room for more. We're still making our characters for this story arc due to busy schedules, so you're fine :) I think Hypnosis plans to try and get things hit off soon.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Mon May 14, 2012 2:08 pm

Schedules have been crazy for everyone - it's that time of year - and I'm totally aware of it; take whatever time you guys need to flesh out a good character. Would Wednesday night, Friday night, or the weekend be best for you, as far as take-off?

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tiko on Mon May 14, 2012 2:24 pm

Friday or the weekend would be best for me. Weekdays tend to be hectic.

Tiko
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Mon May 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Same here. Well, in general the only 'good' times for me are Wednesday nights/Thursday and perhaps every other weekend. ;) But this weekend totally works for me.

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!