Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Best Pet.. Wait, what is the best pet?

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

What is the best pet of all time?

Cats, Furry and small yet caring and independent.
31%
Dogs, Loyal and strong yet passionate and fast.
44%
Birds, They can fly just like my spirit..
No votes
Lizards, They are just so unique!
6%
Rodents, So fuzzy and cute, they're also easy to take care of!.. Well most of them..
6%
All pets are equal in my eyes.
6%
Pets? Bah! Pets are overrated!
No votes
Cake?
No votes
What is the point of this?
6%

Total votes : 16

The Best Pet.. Wait, what is the best pet?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:10 pm

What do you think is the greatest pet of all time? The agile and independent cat? The loyal and strong dog? The odd yet evolutionary clever lizard? How about the feathery bird? Or even a Rodent? Which animal do you think is the best and why do you think it's the best? Is it because it's cute or clever or simply new?

I decided to post up this discussion to have a funny conversation. So try not to argue okay?

I personally think that Dogs are the best pet of all time. Why? I own two dogs. Cats are cute, but I ain't a fan of the litter box.. or fur-balls.. Lizards are cool, but the price-tag to take care of em' ain't. Birds do look cool, but the loud noises.. and if they escape their cage, good luck catching them if they get behind the couch. Rodents are furry and also cute, but messy and again if they escape the cage and get behind the couch.. You know what? You make a response and tell me what you think the perfect pet is.
I only teach those willing to learn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Brovo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Best Pet.. Wait, what is the best pet?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrangexDoorhinge on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 am

I like rabbits/bunnies :]

I've had three...and two died. And the other one ran away....

One time my dad killed six bunnies by accident.

Yeah my family isn't that great with rabbits...but they're still awesome!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OrangexDoorhinge
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luap on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:53 am

dogs ftw deffinetly....loving and loyal...not like cats that are prissy and scratch the hell out of ya...or dirty birds and lizards. Rodents are okay...but they cant really do much more then play on an annyingly loud wheel or ball. Bunnies are okay too...but yeah they really dont do anything.
You've never seen a fight like this before.
I'll take you down and leave you wanting more.
You've crossed the line that I cannot ignore.
You've never seen a fight like this before.
-Decyfer Down-

Luap
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:16 am

I've owned many cats, a horse, many rats, many dogs, a parrot, a rabbit, guinea pigs, fish, a crow, and a mouse. My dogs have been my most fulfilling pets. It's sort of sad/scary when we put it that way. "I OWN this living thing and I like it best because it is the most satisfying." Fact of the matter is, we own pets generally for 2 reasons: our own satisfaction, and to keep them off the street/out of abusive homes. Well, with this in mind, I vote dogs. xD Smart, interactive, easily trainable, protective, etc etc etc. That's not to say other pets don't encompass some of these things, or all of them, but in my experience not all to the same degree. I read last week that dogs have so evolved (and been bred) along with their time with humans over thousands of years, that their eyes wander left when looking at human faces to read expression. (Humans let their eyes wander left to watch the right side of the face because the right sides of our faces controls expression more aptly.) They can tell it's a developed action because when we show humans an upside-down photo of a face, our eyes wander to the other side. Dogs' do not. I found that fascinating. They really read us and WANT us to be happy (those which love us.)

Also: excuses to show off our pets, yay!

My baby, Ramm, as a puppy:

And, two years ago, as a big-man:

So strange how his color changed so drastically.
I am available as an RP mentor should you seek to improve.
I draw things that you may like.
I like Ronald Jenkees and you might, too.

I require a certain level of writing skill in my stories. Don't be insulted, I just prefer to RP novel-level material. (I, I, I, me, me, me. I sound like such a jerk.)

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arietraekos on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:45 am

Well i'd have to say lizards are the best, because you didn't include Dragons as pets >_> I had a dog when i was a child named Oreo she was a year older than me and died at 13 (1 year ago) I miss her alot... I got an Iguana once named Scales, and i loved him to all hell and back but when it got as big as me (6 feet) we had it specially sent to Brazil over plane. And That's not Poetry what kind of Dog is that? Purebred German Shepherd? I had A German Shepherd/Collie with white and black fur (Hence the name Oreo) I miss them both... but now i'm happy to have gotten my baby dragon which hatched 3 weeks ago Hurrah :D

Arietraekos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:44 am

Riikano-Alinaris wrote:And That's not Poetry what kind of Dog is that? Purebred German Shepherd? I had A German Shepherd/Collie with white and black fur (Hence the name Oreo) I miss them both... but now i'm happy to have gotten my baby dragon which hatched 3 weeks ago Hurrah :D

He's a Shepherd/Rottie mix. Good eye! What kind of lizard do you have now?

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brovo on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:06 pm

I have two dogs of my own. A Nikita-Rottweiler cross and a German Shepard crossed with something. Both are SPCA specials. The German Shepard is named Taku and the Nikita-Rottweiler is named Sasha.

With Sasha, I'm not sure which part of her I'm scared by more. The Rottweiler, which used to be trained to take down humans. Or the Nikita, which was trained in Japan to take down bears.

Also yes I generalized the categories. I'll add an "Other" Category if people want it. ^^; Anyways, I posted this up to goof around and vote for what pet you think is the best. So I hope you enjoy reading the.. "Unique" comments, then make a comment of your own.

Brovo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alero on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:35 pm

I love my rat. Best pet ever! ^_^
Human meat must taste horrible, otherwise more things would eat us.
Den morosca tarotho yonasca a yazec penthara, inalkodethe, ahruneus galtha!
When you think it's all become too much to handle, remember, just keep going!

Alero
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ThatsNotPoetry on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:56 pm

Brovo, your post reminded me of some details I forgot to add:

Ramm was a rescue. There was a litter of about 8 puppies with unbelievable flea and worm infestations at this local animal shelter run by a small group. They had brought rescue dogs to a Pet Supermarket storefront. Lord knows I wanted to take them all and get them all back into good health. (See how bloated he is in his puppy picture?) Ramm was the quietest. He hardly moved, really. All he wanted to do was sleep. His lethargy was a bit unsettling, so we took him.

He is hands down the smartest animal I have ever had. Another reason I consider Dogs to be superior pets. He cannot howl, he can only speak. Yes, he barks and growls and all that. But the dog talks. He grumbles and chatters, mimicking the fluctuations of our voices. He's extremely vocal in this sense. He back-sasses if I give a command that he is too impatient to complete, and mumbles constantly if I ignore him for too long. He recognizes the differences between the words "ball," "bone," "toy," "bed," "goose," "couch," "outside," "inside," "food," and "icecube." If I place a ball, a bone, a rubber toy, and his stuffed goose in different areas of the house and tell him to "go get your _____", he will seek whatever item I put in that blank. Leashes are obsolete, even though my hard is not fenced. he knows not to exit the grass. If he takes a toy outside and/or we give him a toy when he is outside, he drops it before he comes inside. He refuses to bring outdoor toys inside. He is exactly like having an older child, only cuter and far less expensive and far less annoying. I am still blown away by how intuitive and focused he is. There's no "empty stare" on this dog, let me tell ya!

Of course, this was all brought about by a mixture of his natural intelligence, and strict training. Ramm knows who the "alphas" are in the house, and he is not one of them. Ramm has been bitten and spanked plenty of times (can't be tough with a 95 pound animal? You WILL get your ass beat. Communicate with them in ways similar to how they communicate naturally, and they will understand.) We taught him early on that no matter how stubborn he is feeling, he will roll onto his back when we demand it (baring the belly is a sign of submission in dogs.) No, he was never abused. But we were very thorough. It was definitely a commitment. It takes work to create "the best pets."

ThatsNotPoetry
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Genimay on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:01 pm

I have to say that my cat Tara is my favorite pet, though I hate to pick favorites. She is full of personality. Yes, sometimes she can be very prissy and independant but I have never had such a loving animal. No matter what happens, she forgives me and wants me to love on her. Tara was a rescue from the pound, after we got her she got sick and I was the one to take care of her. Ever since then she has been my, and only my, cat.

I also have three dogs, who I love dearly. And another cat...who mostly ignores my existance. Plus my turtle...very cool pet but I don't really think she cares if I pay attention to her or not.

Genimay
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!