Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Bondings

The Bondings (Open)

a part of “The Bondings”, a fictional universe by Robinwing.

Horse lovers, please may I have your attention! Ahem. This is a fantasy roleplay, involving horses. Elemental horses. It also has two warring cultures, the cunning Kroktops (Egypt like culture) and the hardy Caledonians (scottish celt like culture)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Bondings”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Bondings (Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sat May 29, 2010 4:56 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Bondings (Open)"

There are two warring lands, the land Caledonia, largely mountainous, with large swathes cut into the land where the sea gets in, and the land Krokotop, mainly desert, with oasises few and far between. These lands rarely face each other on land, and not just because the lands are defendable for those who live in them, and difficult for those who don't. It is because of the land that lies between them. The Horse Territories

The Horse Territories are where creatures with special abilities reside. They are thought to be demons by the humans of the lands it stands between, horses that were taken to hell, and given their power there. They look like the average mares and stallions, but they are not. They are carriers of the power of nature itself. There are four breeds, possessing the power of the elements they are named for.

Earth horses: Image These animals have hooves as hard as diamands, and, while flightless, can run great speeds, easily matching the flying horses in speed. They are mostly brown and dark grey, showing their affiliation with the ground they walk upon, and blending them in with most forests and rocky places.

Air horses: Image These creatures are some of the most common, yet least seen. They have large feathered wings atop their backs, and hollow bones, allowing them to fly at good speeds. Their pale colouration, chracteristic of their species, allows them to blend seamlessly in with the clouds.

Fire horses: Image These are the most powerful of the horses, having an actual control of their element. These are the most often seen, as even though it too can fly on bat-like wings, it does not blend in with many things. They are mostly black, chestnut and palamino, which makes them noticable against most backdrops. As they're seen the most often, they are the reason people fear the horses, since they can breathe fire, and have "demonic" wings.

Water horses: Image These are another common, but rarely seen, breed. They mostly appear in black, as they tend to reside in deep water, often living in air pocket caves, mind you, they do also appear in dapple grey. These creatures have the ability to breathe underwater, and create an air pocket around around the head of their riders.

Caledonia is a land almost designed to make her people tough, with the cold, the mountains and the sea stealing her way in. These factors have made her people fishermen, or naval battlers. The Krokotops have made near to no headway because the Caledonians, while they are spread out and there aren't half as many people as there is in just the capital of Krokotop, are an extremely tough, hardy people, in mountainous, defendable areas. These people are seperated under different cheiftains, who meet every season change to discuss how things are going in each of their lands. Though they often argue amongst themselves, sometimes fighting each other, at the moment they have a common enemy, so they discuss how to work together to win the war. These people have also lerned to weave warm clothes, very unlike the linen in Krokotop. These people, while brilliant sailors, are not a large player in trade, simply because they are very self reliant, and seem to ignore that there are other countries out there, except for the land they are fighting, krokotop.

Krokotop is a large desert, with people whom have learnt to survive in it by digging wells for water that is deep underground. They are much more cunning as a nation, and have very good sea defences. This has stopped Caledonia from getting any headway in the war. These people are ruled by one man, the pharaoh, and have a very Egypt-like culture. They wear linen clothes, to help against the heat of the desert. The land is rich in gold and silver deposits, making it a strong country in trade.

Name:
Nationality: (Caledonian/Krokotop)
Bonded: (Yes/No)
Appearance:
Personality:
History:

If you aswered yes to the bonded question fill out this one too (The horses don't count to the character count, and your characters and them must be shown being bonded in play.)

Name:
Breed:
Appearance:
Personality:

The rules:
The obvious rules, no god-modding, no mary sues ETC ETC.
I will be playing the pharaoh, as there is only one of him, but Cheiftains of Caledonia are fair game, as there's fifteen of them.
The pharaoh has five children, three boys two girls, that you can play.
BE NICE AND HAVE FUN!
Your characters are EITHER Caledonian OR Krokotop, no halfers.

I'll put my characters in a seperate post.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Bondings (Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sun May 30, 2010 2:25 am

Name: Ida
Nationality: Krokotop
Bonded: Yes
Apperance: Ida looks much weaker than she is. She's slim, but short, standing at only 5"1. She has the dark hair and brown skin characteristic of the Krokotops, she also has near-yellow brown eyes. She wears a simple white linen dress and brown sandals.
Personality: Being a slave, Ida has learned the hard way to speak only when spoken to. Thankfully, she has a couple of ounces of common sense, so wasn't beaten herself, but saw others beaten for talking out of turn, so didn't do it herself. She is quite clever, and is good at problem solving. She is quite kind, though this is mostly seen in how she treats animals. She is one of the few who believe the horses can be reasoned with, and are not evil.
History: Ida was sold into slavery at a young age by her drunkard father and his abused wife, because she was born a girl. She found herself working for a kind old man, whom she thinks of as her father. He saw the slaves as other people like him, so he was kind to them and treated them as equals. Sadly, this was wisdom born from advanced years, and he died when Ida was 12. His son was another matter entirely, beating the slaves for any excuse. Ida, whom was good at spotting what would be a trespass in the son's eyes, managed to avoid being beaten on all occasions. The son noticed this, and started expressly looking for an excuse to beat her, convinced she had done something, but was good at hiding it. So Ida decided to run away...

Name: Wreck
Breed: Water horse
Appearance: He looks exactly like the water horse picture, except his mane is a touch longer. He has a scar on his left shoulder, where a harpoon once scathed him.
Personality: Wreck is a gentle soul, but a warrior's temper. He prefers to stay in rivers rather than the open sea like many of his brethren. He is quite an easy horse to ride, in spite of his youth, as he is such a gentle creature. He has been staying in a wrecked ship in the mouth of a river...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jenzlynn08 on Sun May 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Name: Anna Seaberg
Nationality: Caledonian
Appearance: Anna is somewhat tall for her age, standing at 5' 10''. She is fairly slim and has a moderately toned body. She has long golden blonde hair that runs down the length of her back. Her eyes are blue, but they sometimes appear greenish when in certain light. Anna always wears a woven shawl that her mother made for her when she was younger. She tends to go barefoot a lot of the time despite the cold.
Personality: Anna is a hardworking and determined girl. She grew up working on the docks of Caledonia, mostly working on her father's navy vessel. This work has taught her perseverance and many useful skills such as how to tie various forms of knots. Although she appears to be somewhat tough on the outside, she is really one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. She tends to make friends easily once her inner personality shines through. Anna loves horses and is one of those who believes that the horses in the Horse Territories are kind creatures and are actually our friends.
History: Anna grew up along the shores of the Caledonian sea. She spent most of her time out on the docks or on her father's boat, either working or enjoying the sea. Her father has always taught her the values and skills of the navy, hoping that one day she will follow in his footsteps and decide to join as well. Not long ago, her father learned that he was needed out on the seas and would have to leave Caledonia for now. Before he left, he built Anna her own small sea vessel. Anna has been sad without her father, but she has learned to become more independent and strong-willed.

Name: Misty
Breed: Water Horse
Appearance: Misty is a dapple gray horse with a long flowing mane and tail. Misty has a white stripe running from her forehead down to her nose.
Personality: Misty is a playful horse who loves to swim out in the open water of the seas. She is a very kind animal and is trusting of everyone she knows. She is rather shy around anyone she has not met before, but once they become familiar she will feel very comfortable around them.

jenzlynn08
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sun May 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Should I say you're accepted? I think I put that characters dont need to be accepted... Anyway, if nessecary or makes you feel better, YOU'RE IN! AND AWESOME!

Be nice, this is the first roleplay I've ever made. I'm going to get technical things wrong.

Also, my other two characters will be up soon, I'm trying to figure out their bios. I have them in my head, but getting them in a bio is another matter...

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sun May 30, 2010 3:00 pm

Name: Enwe
Nationality: Caledonian
Bonded: Yes, for some time
Appearance: She has long, curling red hair that reaches down just beyond her waist. Her eyes are a smoky grey, with long eyelashes. She wears an overtly Caledonian woven dress, purple in colour. She wears very simple leather boots.
Personality: She is extremely wise and serene. She takes little to no notice of the war that rages, desperately sidestepping the land she resides in. She has a slightly odd sense of humour, laughing at things other people may find morbid. She almost seems like a natural part of the landscape by now, all the animals know and do not fear her. She can seem to know all at times, especially within the horse territories, but she can be thrown for loops. She can be quite eccentric, having a strange routine of weaving new cloth every day. This has meant that she now has quite a surplus of cloth in the small cottage she resides in.
History: Enwe grew up more inland than many in Caledonia. This meant that much of her life was sheep and weaving, which she was quite happy with. Even though she was told at an early age the horror stories about the horses that most children are told, when she found a lost, injured fire horse, she didn't hesitate to help him.

Name: Arrow
Breed: fire horse
Appearance: He is a bright chestnut, though he's getting on a bit in age, so he's going slightly grey. His wings are the same colour.
Personality: If he was human, he'd be the old man who sits around talking about funny things that happened when he was a boy. Not the going to school uphill stories, silly pranks like setting up homemade bombs behind cows. Let's just leave it at that.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jenzlynn08 on Sun May 30, 2010 5:38 pm

Thank you. I look forward to being a part of this roleplay. Being a horse enthusiast, I am excited that I was able to find a roleplay about horses, so thank you for making this one.

I am fairly new to roleplaying. I have never made my own, but I am in another one on this site called Guards of Raygin.

I like all the characters so far, and I can't wait to see your other one as well.

jenzlynn08
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Mon May 31, 2010 1:38 am

Last one's going to be the pharaoh. I'm playing him partially for plot, partially for nessecity. I'm worried I'd get alot of people asking to play him.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:17 am

Name: Pharaoh Amatun
Bonded: No
Appearance: He has dark skin, like all Krokotops, but the dark hair has faded with age, so his hair and beard are a dark grey colour. He wears a royal purple hat with white linen hanging from it's bottom, all around his head except for his face. He also wears a purple rope, with white under-sleeves. His eyes are a dark brown.
Personality: He's very cold, but efficient. He worries about his people, so he isn't completely heartless, but he wont listen to anyone who says that maybe the horses can be reasoned with, maybe we don't have to fight the Caledonians. He loves his children, but he rarely gets to see them for very long, because of state affairs. He used to make more time for his family, but that changed when his wife died, now he sees her in each of their children, and it tortures him. This has made him much colder towards his children as well as not seeing them much.
History: pharaoh Amatun once was prince Amatun, and was groomed since birth to take his father's place as pharaoh. His father died when Amatun was 20, which is when Amatun came to be pharaoh. He has led Krokotop through hard times, like droughts, but he's still fighting the Caledonians, for no apparent reason. No one is quite sure why, but he seems to be convinced they need to be fought.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:41 am

That's the last of mine. I've put up a players wanted, to try and gather some more like minded people. Maybe I should start this when we have, say, six characters?

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:32 am

Name:Gabriel Mubarak
Appearance: Gabriel is 5'10, he weighs roughly 135 pounds. He looks quite thin to most people, but it is mostly because of his height. Gabriel has a scar on his left cheek that looks like he was cut by a blade. He will usually wear formal clothing like dress robes made of cotton, when Gabriel is trying to dress formally he wears regular pants and an shirt. some people say he makes a transformation that takes him from looking like a prince to being a peasant.
Personality: Gabriel likes everyone who is kind, he loves to make friends and help anyone he can. he hates seeing other get hurt. He is very protective of people he consider his friends.
History:Gabriel is the heir to the Mubarak fortune, his family his one of the highest ranking families in Krokotop, but Gabriel hates it becuase people treat him differently when they realize his name. Gabriel wants to be treated like a normal person. He hates being a noble. When he found Sora wondering in the sand, he knew she was his way out, he knew she would give him the excuse he needed to get away from it all. Him and Sora bonded and became close friends. Sora became very protective of him, and he became protective of her. Gabriel thought of only Sora as his family because she gave him the freedom he wanted and needed.

Name:Sora
Breed: Air Horse
Appearance: Sora is snow white, she has a light blue coat on her underside to blend in with the sky when she flies. Her wings look similar to a snowy owl's wings. She has light blue eyes that look like they can see through you when she looks at you.
Personality:Kind,gentle, strong willed, can be a little hard headed. and lacks a true sense of fear
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
He who laughs last thinks slowest!
[b]NEW RP BY ME!! JOIN b]
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/of-gods-and-men/l

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:45 am

You are very much in! Welcome to The Bondings!

One more character and we can start the IC... Once I figure out how to do that...

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jenzlynn08 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:57 pm

How exciting! I can't wait!

jenzlynn08
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Neither can I! I'm grinning like a maniac! But it may be some time yet, I don't know how to get an IC up yet. I'll figure it out soon enough.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jenzlynn08 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:20 pm

I just realized that in order for us to be able to post in the posting section, we would have to fill out the form under the character tab. We could just post all our stuff here in the OOC tab, but that would get really confusing. It would be best for us all to actually submit our characters and leave this for just our out-of-character conversations.

jenzlynn08
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:28 am

... What help thread did you read? I didn't understand a word of that, and it might help me with this damn technical stuff.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jenzlynn08 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:40 pm

I didn't read a thread. My boyfriend, who is also on this site and has started his own RP, said that we won't be able to start until the site recognizes that we have characters. We have to go to the character tab and make our characters there. Then we can post in the posting tab. I'll go ahead and submit my character that way so you can see what it looks like. Hopefully this helps. If you have any more questions about to work this site, I might be able to help out.

jenzlynn08
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Right, I'm in the process of getting all my characters in. Through cut and paste, because it would take me days to write them all out again.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Got them all in! Yay! Now can everyone else get theirs in, please, so we're ready if we get a sixth, or for when we all get sick of waiting and strt anyway?

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jenzlynn08 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Hooray! We have characters posted! We can begin soon!

jenzlynn08
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:11 pm

YAY! *Highly squeeky mode: on* YAAAAAAY!

Robinwing
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!