Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dark Souls 2: The Broken Cycle

The Broken Cycle: Questions Area

a part of “Dark Souls 2: The Broken Cycle”, a fictional universe by NethanielShade.

Drangleic, the land of Dark, is fading. The last Chosen Undead failed in defeating Nashandra, and the world is coming to an end. Then, four mysterious people appear in Drangleic. Could they be the last hope?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dark Souls 2: The Broken Cycle”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Broken Cycle: Questions Area

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:58 am

This is the Questions Area for "Dark Souls 2: The Broken Cycle."

If you have questions at all pertainign to this roleplay, be it about wanting to join or about the plot, or a character, ask here!

Questions do not have to be directed to me, either! Feel free to ask another roleplayer about his/her character, ect.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: The Broken Cycle: Questions Area

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NethanielShade on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:08 pm

""Also, I'm working on that. Gaining souls is a HUGE lore thing, everyone does it, it's not a gameplay mechanic. The more souls one has, the larger and more powerful their own soul becomes.

I'm working on the undead thing atm. See, in Dark Souls lore a human's natural state is hollow, and they use humanity (Effigies is the same thing) to turn into a human. However, in the Age of Fire, this is not needed as there is no undead curse. It also means that when they die, they die for good and do not come back. When the Age of Fire ends, the curse comes and slowly turns people undead.

I'm thinking of making it that when they first start off, they're humans and not undead. Estus won't heal them, and bonfires are just regular non-healing bonfires. Once they die for their first time, they then become undead and can use effigies, estus, the whole deal. Thing is, they won't know if they'll die for good or not (Until it happens), so they'll be trying to NOT die.

Like I said before, the Four come from our world. They will retain their memories, though. They will know Dark Souls used to be a game. However, it is no longer a game world to them, it is a reality. They know the NPCs, the lore, ect. but the NPCs will be different from in the game.

Final thing: The world is different now. This takes place a full three years after the game does, and the protagonist, the Bearer of the Curse, has failed. This means the cycle is ending and the world is going dark, ready to be reborn. It's essentially the apocalypse. You'll see the implications on how this affects the world once we start RPing and our Four reach Majula for the first time. Things Betwixt will be the same as in-game, but everything after is different.""

Someone has been asking me questions in PMs, and I feel others may want to know this answer.

EDIT:
When taken to Things Betwixt they can have whatever you may have. Clothes, pocket change, a wallet, a phone, as long as it's something you'd have in your pocket within reason while sitting in your room playing the game. How they get there, you'll see in my first post (Which I won't make until there's characters for the Four). Also, electronics will not work in Things Betwixt or Drangleic. Besides the obvious no internet, phones and watches/ect. will not work as batteries will be completely drained when they wake up in Things Betwixt.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NethanielShade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Donated! Contributor Arc Warden Beta Tester Storyteller Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!