Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Chronicles Of Exas

The Chronicles Of Exas

a part of “The Chronicles Of Exas”, a fictional universe by Calyx_Mason.

Welcome to Exas, a world of undiescribable beauty, unbelieveable wonder, and undeniable danger. A world where science, myth, and magic exist and cohabitate, but where these exist together evil lurk in ever shadow.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Chronicles Of Exas”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Chronicles Of Exas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Thu May 16, 2013 9:12 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Chronicles Of Exas"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Chronicles Of Exas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elidor495 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:06 am

Sounds fun. I'll join. I really like how specific you were with the character sheet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

elidor495
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Thu May 16, 2013 12:14 pm

I agree! This looks very interesting! I'll probably pull some stuff from Pathfinder for this :P
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Fri May 17, 2013 10:38 am

I'm waiting for more characters, if you guys can, please ask your friends to join up

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Mon May 20, 2013 2:30 am

Damioa pointed this out to me. I'm highly interested in this.

And Shishio, i didn't know you played Pathfinder lol
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon May 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Yeah, I'm a sucker for Tieflings. They make awesome early game classes. Take a Tiefling Ranger who chooses Natural Weapons Style. Prioritize Str and Con. You can take whatever first level feat you want, but you have to take the Maw or Claw racial trait to gain your bite attack. Improved natural weapon for the bite is nice, especially since natural weapons deal 1.5 your Str mod if you're only using one. However, Tieflings have a Racial feat called Armor of the Pit. If you take scaled skin racial trait and spend a feat for Armor of the Pit you get resistance 5 to fire, cold and electric as well as a nifty +3 to AC for your trouble. Next level you get Aspect of the Beast as a bonus Style feat at lvl. 2 for being a ranger. That gives you two natural claw attacks. After that, multiclass into whatever the poop you want, but take multiattack as your third level feat. You've got three natural attacks, all of which are primary, which means you get full str mod on your attack bonus, which also includes to hit. Who cares if your penalty from multiattack is -2? Your Str mod and BAB are more than enough to cover it, putting you at at least +4(that's +4 from your str and another +2 at least from just base attack bonus), and you're tossing out 3d6+12 per full attack as long as you've got an 18 in Str. That's level 3 bro... Plus if you class into Barbarian you get Rage out of the deal giving you more Str. Toss in the Barbarian's damage reduction, fast movement, and rage powers and until about level 7 you've got a potent tanky damage dealer. Of course, after that everyone and their mom starts out damaging and out tanking you, but hey, your early game kicked their asses and you spent very little gold.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Mon May 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Except that it's impossible for nat armor bonus from Armor of the pit to stack with scaled skin, since the special ruling on AotP replaces the +2 with 2 elemental resistances that aren't covered by Scaled Skin. Also, since tieflings aren't considered monsters (monstrous PC race =/= monster), by default it's impossible for a character to gain multiattack at lvl3, even if he's a ranger. That'll work when he's lvl 10 or higher, but not at lvl3.

This is also not including the fact that any tiefling will be the first to die if allowed by any of the GMs that I do know.

I have some interesting character builds if you wish to study them. I'm also the sole reason why my GMs banned WoP and Oracles and they barred me from playing any small-sized Wizards holding oversized greatswords. The same goes with gunslingers and monks. I have a human monk-barbarian that almost guarantees that you're not going to touch him. Ever. (lvl 12, 53 AC) The GM has been trying to kill him multiple times, and the character has also survived a purple worm attack by actually being eaten alive.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon May 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Oops, those are very foolish misreads on my part, lawl... my bad. Still, that's kind boring. The only thing you could do to make a nat weapon attacker is to go catfolk. BORING.

haha! Nice! All very clever. I feel like such a tiny baby in comparison :P

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Mon May 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Try Half-Orc Skirmisher (archtype for ranger, removes spells for some badass tricks) with natural weapons, and spike armor, designed to grapple and hug your opponents. Throw in some Tetori monk levels, foregoing the spike armor, to boost up that grapple, while making sure to have improvised weapon feats. Grapple said opponent, then go Hulk-style on them, using them as said improvised weapon.

I had a dwarf monk (weapon master archtype) that specialized in improvised weaponry. The GM wasn't happy with that character after dropping a werewolf boss with me using a steel pot as a helmet and being thrown by an orge gunslinger that used a cannon as his main weapon. Just watching the horrified faces of amusement when I kept asking to be thrown, because the character was literally designed to be living artillery.

For wizards, the reason why I go small-sized with oversized greatsword is due to Hand of the Apprentice, which is basically turning your bonded item (in this case, large greatsword) into a boomerang. Pop a True Strike on yourself for that +20 to BAB, toss said greatsword without the penalties with a nice chance of hitting, and not having to worry about retrieving the item. If the GM says you must take penalties for throwing it, just laugh at them because you're not throwing the item in the first place.

Or try a straight Tetori monk, with a toga and body oil. Make them homosexual. Then when the GM puts you up into a challenge, be the first willing to "participate" by dropping toga and using body oil. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to mess with that, giving you a 90% successful free pass.

Another favorite monk class of mine is Zen Archer (though its RAW is now broken due to the updates). Lvl 10 with enough dps to take down almost anything. Reminds me of 1000 Chinese people armed with chopsticks against a single dragon. The Chinese people will almost always win.

Also, Ioun Torches. Keep one on your character at ALL TIMES. Not only is it a nice flashlight for 75gp, but it instantly slays purple worms due to intense indigestion. Just make sure to staple it to yourself, because they like to float, but there's nothing saying that if doesn't work if it doesn't float.

---

As for the character, I'll finish writing it up after the unveiling of the Xbox-720.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Mon May 20, 2013 9:15 pm

I submitted my char. His Bio is long so I'm still writing it
Damioa

Damioa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Mon May 20, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm definitely throwing in a character for thiiiis~

I'll start working on 'em asap. =D
"Chillax Zody, Scheming Zody, Asshole Satori Zody, Srsbsns Zody, Gentleman Zody, GM Zody, TSUNTSUN Zody, Yandere Zody, Kuudere Zody, Immoral Zody, Zodiac, SCIENCE! Zody, Regular Zody, Seductive Zody, Kawaii Desu Neko Zody so far.

Why the hell are there so many Zody's?!"

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Tue May 21, 2013 11:50 pm

One thing everyone needs to know, you are either out for yourself or working for the Creator. He has wronged the world, caused suffering and evil to run rampant. Decide where your alligiance lies, or try to make your own path.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Wed May 22, 2013 2:46 am

Is it started?

Damioa
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am

Almost finished with the char sheet. Now, whether he's going to be a general antagonist (not all antagonists are evil) or what, I'm not sure for now.

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Thu May 23, 2013 3:58 pm

So far RTMX has quit, this person will be missed but the story is still moving along.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Damioa on Fri May 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Dang that sucks.

Damioa
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:33 am

So, i guess you guys are much too busy for this rp, which started out soo amazingly

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:42 am

Hate to be a complete an uttter nag about this but could everyone please use the Location Bar, It's a pain to realize that these locales were created but never used

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calyx_Mason on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:27 am

Calyx_Mason wrote:Hate to be a complete an uttter nag about this but could everyone please use the Location Bar, It's a pain to realize that these locales were created but never used

It Is also a pain that one of us is holding u7p the actual story, we had such great momentum.

Calyx_Mason
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zody on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:43 am

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but my internet was down. Nothing I could do about it, which sucked...

Anyway, I'll post as soon as I can.

zody
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!