Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The City in the Clouds (OOC/Signups)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The City in the Clouds (OOC/Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corrupt Angel on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Oh ok I see now sorry about that I'll fix the post right away. (^_^);

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Corrupt Angel
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:41 pm

Wait, I'm confused, what happened to the dragon?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Koritai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lycos on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Dragon was chasing me, but apparently its attracted to your signature or something, so now I guess its chasing you.
All anyone wants is a normal life and a cool car... most people settle for the car.

Lycos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corrupt Angel on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:38 pm

We thought it was chasing us to begin with

Corrupt Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Idk what to do now, if our characters stop to talk to yours, the dragon becomes unimportant and disappears, if we run, we leave your character behind. Neither are very good choices. I don't like to leave people behind.

Koritai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corrupt Angel on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:31 pm

Paradox O3o....Hmm maybe we can hide behind a tree or in some sort of cave because Mikko was just about to explain that he put a masking spell (When he hit her with the metal wand) on Korita's character so that they could lose the dragon easyer.

Corrupt Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:10 am

I suppose that makes sense. Alright we'll do that, I'll post sometime tonight. Or maybe tomorrow.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Seems I have misread something, I suppose I'll go edit.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:27 pm

So I don't know if any of you have noticed but there are now only four of us left. We're also moving painfully slow. To top it off, I'm sensing a premature death for the roleplay. Is there anyone voting for the end of this or are we all going to fight to finish?

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corrupt Angel on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:13 am

Ahhh I like these characters so unfair I would like to keep going with it but it is true that the posts are going very slow

Either way I drew Mikko http://artrepresentslife.deviantart.com/#/d2tq4rk

Corrupt Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:30 am

I would love to see this keep going as well. I could also speed up my posting for it if needed. I just had been holding off on posting until Lycos posted. After all, I did ask him a question in my last post. However if he does not reply shortly I will just continue on, pretending the question never existed.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corrupt Angel on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:32 am

We can try opening up sign ups again or we can make a couple more characters. I really like this rp and would rather it not die.

Corrupt Angel
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:00 pm

Unfortunately, signups never closed. If we all want to keep going, awesome. I just hope that it'll reach the end.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:41 am

Well, if it's just the three of us then, we could all make another character each. Then we would have 6 characters consistantly posting so that might be decent.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:10 pm

I'm really best at having only one character at a time. I suppose we could, but maybe we ought to wait and see if Lycos is still in. He may not have had a chance to see this yet.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:53 pm

I can safely say that he probably is no longer in. So what do we do about his chara? I just ignored him in my post.

And also if you want I can do some recruiting for the RP if you want.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:11 pm

I don't I usually just leave their characters behind. Sad that so many left.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:14 pm

I just read back and realized how little the line above made sense. What I mean to say is that I don't usually kill off characters. Sure, if you'd like you can recruit, it would help things run a lot more smoothly.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:22 pm

I've talked to a few people and I've found some that were interested. I think one will be posting here either later today or tomorrow with a character.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Lol, or right now.

Character Name: Quenala Kalaiss fon Syveri
Sex: Female
Rank/Occupation: Runaway (Formally an Imperial Alchemist know as Azure Steel)
Race: Human Alchemist
Appearance: Kal
Hair color: Blue
Eye color: Brown
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 113 lbs
General Description: A medium sized girl instantly recognizable by her strange hair color.
Ability: She is a prodigy, pure and simple. She has worked with alchemy since she was old enough to walk, which also came at around one year of age. She also has many alchemical machines that she uses to fight or help other people.
Weapons: She carries a rapier made of blue steel that she herself personally made that also allows her to use some ice magic. She also has a talisman she made around her neck that allows her to reshape and manipulate metal around her to some extent. She mostly uses it to make new things much easier, but she can sometimes use it for other things. The only catch is it doesn't always work when she tries to do something big, which makes it very shaky as a weapon.
Guardians: Kosmos
Bio: Quenala Kalaiss fon Syveri, or Kal, as she likes to be called, was born to a well renowned alchemist and one of the sons of the emperor. Although she was an illegitimate child, she was quickly accepted by the emperor as a valid successor, if about third or fourth in line. What made them so ready to accept her was her genius. It was quickly found that she was a intellectual prodigy, especially in the field of alchemy. She designed many weapons for the Emperor that made her somewhat famous among the troopers and hated among the alchemists. It was that hatred that cause the first great sadness of her life.
When she was only 8, her mother got into a fight with a group of male alchemists who were jealous of Kal's talent. A fight ensued, and she watched as her mother was thrown into a vat of chemicals. As they started to dip Kal into it, her mother pulled herself out and tackled the men. The ruckus attracted guards, and in the end the men were taken away with Kal and her mother sill alive. But... Within the day, her mother fell ill. She died just four days later from either illness or poisoning from the chemicals. Kal, who only had her hair and top of her head dipped in, never got sick from it, but her head did change from her natural brown to blue. The change was permanent, unfortunately, but she didn't notice any of the mocking. To try and get over her mother's death, she had started work hard enough for at least 3 people, inventing and molding and repairing tools for the army and the people. But everything changed once she turned 15.
When she turned fifteen, she told the army that she wanted to see her stuff in action. They were more than happy to oblige and they took her to the front lines, where they saw the most action. Her weapons were devastating. Kal was appalled. She had never really thought about what her tools were used for until that day, but the sight of people getting mowed down was more than she could bare. Within the week, she had disappeared without a trace. Nothing was missing of hers except her blue sword, which she always had, and a single pair of clothes. It was assumed she was kidnapped and the army is even now still looking for her to save. No one would have guessed she ran away all on her own.
Other: She adores animals, from hedgehogs to dragons. She also loves tinkering, so even after running away from being an alchemist, she still invents things in her spare time. She also made her own guardian, which is smaller than a normal one but is quicker and more agile.
Theme Song: Be My Escape
Last edited by Chari on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!