Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Cleansers [Paranormal Interest Check]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Cleansers [Paranormal Interest Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:45 am

"Think back to every urban legend you've ever heard of in your entire life. Every boogey-man lurking in the darkest shadows - every monster prowling your town's forest at night - every unsolved missing persons' case that involved some sort of primal "wrong" factor that just seemed to come out of nowhere. You've always openly dismissed such phenomena as silly stories, yet still you suffered from the nagging, anxious sensation that there was some sort of substance to these stories. You have that instinct for a reason: You were born to be a Cleanser.

The creatures of darkness no longer belong in our world. Most of them, in fact, are gone.

Few, however, have eluded the Cleansers in the past and still walk among our realm, feeding off of fear and terror. You must destroy them. And if you fail, other such creatures will sense our weakness and return to our world in larger numbers.

And so, you are left with a choice to make, my friend. Will you pretend you never received this message, and try to become one of the Blind? Or will you accept your title?"

~~~

Yes, I'm planning on starting a paranormal-creature-hunting role play. No, we're not talking Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. We're talking the Cryptids the Jersey Devil, the Owlman, flying humanoids of Mexico, and so on. Sound fun? :)

If such a role play were to come into fruition, it would begin with ordinary people (mainly high-school age) living their lives normally until they receive a mysterious message of some sort, and they will begin to see signs of the paranormal happenings more often than usual. They will then be summoned to some sort of secret place where they will be asked to be recruited as a Cleanser: one who cleanses the world of evil paranormal entities. If they accept, they will have to leave behind their old life and uproot themselves so they may travel the world with other Cleansers to destroy the creatures of darkness.

Any volunteers? >:3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

River-Koi
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Cleansers [Paranormal Interest Check]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saddeus on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:47 am

Yeah im game save me a spot.
Support my Rp!

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/the-war-light-t37264.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saddeus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:49 am

Yesssssssssss urbanfantasyohmaygawdddd.

:D

I love this sort of roleplay. Unfortunately, given my time constraints I'd only be able to post maybe once a week. If this turned into something much smaller scale, I'd be able to manage it but if you attracted crowds and crowds of folks, we might have a problem.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Sounds very interesting. I wouldn't mind joining :)
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 pm

I'm happy to see this interests people. :)

And ViceVersus, I don't think you have to worry about this attracting a huge crowd. :P

River-Koi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey! You never know! They could come crawling in out of the woodwork.

But seriously. asdfasdf. Let me know on this.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 pm

It does sound interesting.
I might want to play if it doesn't have an essay length post requirement.

cjeap
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby River-Koi on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Haha, I'll make sure to.

And I suppose I can go ahead and make up an OOC thread soon. I'll let you guys know.

And thanks again for the interest shown! :)

River-Koi
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wassaw on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:27 pm

i Would be down for this.

Wassaw
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!