Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Dark Ages (OOC: Look and join!! ^_^)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Dark Ages (OOC: Look and join!! ^_^)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:57 pm

The world stopped keeping track of time after 2050, everything was frozen in place. Very few survived the virus and toxic blast that froze the world into the twisted place it is now. From the ashes rose a dictator someone who promised to fix everything for the better and yet. Things only got worse, families were torn apart, children were taken from their parents....eventually the entire world was brought to her knees by the harsh iron grip of the new rulers, it was then....the era was known as it was has been known as for the last 15 years: Sorrowful years.

Yet there are some, who despite the circumstances were affected differently, these few are banning together to take the earth back, but when everyones a suspect one has to wonder....will they ever escape...

The Dark ages

Rules

1.I am in charge
2.No Godmodding
3.Post every three days or consider your character up for grabs
4.If you cannot do rule three please explain why
5.Respect everyone! We all love the same art, the art of roleplay
6.I expect literate postings, that means no one liners. I want paragraphs
7.Keep romance to what the rules are, I see you using words the way you shouldnt and ill bring an AXE DOWN
8.Have FUN!!!!!!

Character Name:
Picture: (If a head shot please give a description of the rest of the body)
Brief History: (You can allow stuff to unfold but I expect a basic solid history)
Race: (Human, Cyborg. Mutant)

Races:

Humans:
Humans have evolved to living longer and stronger but they are by no means super, however we have developed better reflexes and the ability to withstand certain poisons such as radiation rat poisoning and the other things. Our immune system are nearly perfect, sickness does not effect us, the only thing that has not been stopped yet is the unknown virus that attacks the human body and ultimately destroys the entire being.

Mutants: Mutants were created, some were beautiful whilst others tended to be ugly sickening creatures that were eventually hunted down and killed. Mutants have a slight advantage over humans being the virus no longer effects them in addition to super human strength they have speed along with extended lives. However they are weakened around fire and cannot use their powers if a special “collar” is on their neck.

Cyborgs: Cyborgs are the half human half robot people, they serve as guards normally making patrols and keeping everything in check, they do not short circuit. Water does not harm them and can usually withstand extremely deadly attacks. The ability to lift 100 times their own wight makes them a deadly opponent the only person a Cyborg cannot attack is their master, creator due to their design.
Last edited by Kohanna on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <-------made by me! Yes I know I'm epic but the fact still remains. I win you lose happy days and a pair of high heel shoes

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

R.I.P my friend

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohanna
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The dark ages (OOC: Look and join!! ^_^)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BeautifulTragedy on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 pm

*expects Ko to know she is gonna be all over this*
You know I'm joining this!
In a few minutes....hours....not days I'll have up my full profile!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BeautifulTragedy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Dark Ages (OOC: Look and join!! ^_^)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:14 pm

*Knows* XD I hope others will be too, move it people lets JOIN!

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby destinyendearing on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:33 pm

I will join this!
Do me a favor: donovan-academy-ooc-signups-t31486.html

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.

destinyendearing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Awesome! Cant wait to see your profile!

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:52 pm

I was wondering if it where Possible to create a Cyborg Mutant? I got a good Bio in my head but it only works with a Cyborg Mutant.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:57 pm

Let me see the bio/profile and if it works you can do that.

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby destinyendearing on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:01 pm

ImageCharacter Name: Rachel Olivia Horton
Appearance: Rachel is a little bit below average height, considered on the more petite side. She has a narrow torso, but isn't lacking in curves. She has messy, oddly cut onyx hair and dark eyes framed by dense lashes. Her skin is on the tanner side, as is most everyone in her family's.
Brief History: Born only a few years before the virus, she had seen the way the world was before the dictatorship. Despite the fact that she was young and remembers only minor details, she has always felt an urge to bring back the freedom and light that was in the world before the Dark Ages. Her parents were apart of secret organizations out to assassinate the dictator, to bring back democracy. Even her older brother Daniel was involved; Rachel was one of three siblings, but the youngest child was killed during the turn of the ages.
Over the years, many had tried to take the life of this evil leader, but to no avail. The numbers of the "rebels" decreased tremendously, people leaving out of fear. The Hortons stayed for over decade, until Daniel was killed in an accident due to the group's irrational antics. Despite her parent's disapproval, now that Rachel is 18, she has taken up arms with the group her family was once so strongly apart of.
Race: Human
Last edited by destinyendearing on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

destinyendearing
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:02 pm

Character Name: True Name Unknown ( Subject has Assumed the name Chaos when among friends. And with everyone else P-456)
Age: Unknown ( Subject has no memories past 5 years ago)
Picture: Image
Brief History:
Chaos's oldest memory is only 5 years old and it gives little information about who he is although it does go into great detail on what he is.

The Memory is of an event that Chaos experienced. Walking up from the darkness of dreamless sleep the first thing he is aware of is the fact he seems to be floating in a glass tube in a liquid of unknown origin and type. One his face is a face mask covering half his face. It consists of a feeding and oxygen tube that is deactivated as his eyes flutter open which also triggers the liquid to drain. Coming to a standing position the mask draws itself off as the Glass slides into a groove at the base of the tube.

A little unsteady on his feet Chaos walks forward only to fall flat on his face. With nothing but basic thought processing in his head Chaos didn't know what to think. His thoughts ran trying to figure out who he was, where he was, and what was happening. But despite numerous attempts nothing returns from the depths of his mind.

Getting up his steps are more steady as he walks around. The place appears to be a long deserted medical laboratory, the dust of countless years cover everything heavily while the air is stale and cold, the air of a empty cave. Stopping his wanderings at a Massive Terminal that still glows with life he studies it like a child, with curiosity and wonderment. As if of their own accord his hands fly over the command console, inputting commands with a rapid ease.

Text soon filed the screen. Then a Video Began to play.

Standing before the Camera Recording him was a 50 year old man, his hair white but neatly bushed into a crew cut. Wearing a white lab coat he radiated an aura of knowledge and pride even through the media of film.

" Hello, if your watching this then the worst has happened. The virus has grown beyond our ability to control and no doubt the world is some wasteland. You are no doubt wondering what I am talking about but there is so much to say and I have so little time.." And here the Old Man stopped to cough, blood flecking on his lips." I'll start with who you are. You are P-456, a last ditch effort by humanity to find a cure for the virus. Codenamed Chaos you a super soldier designed a part of an army to storm the base of those have the cure. But out of 500 grown only you have lived through the Genetic modification needed to give you immunity to the virus. And before you ask, the Gene Therapy has killed everyone else we have tired it on. But I digress." Coughing once more this time more blood spewing forth, regaining his composure the old man went on." Your Genetic Modification has resulted in some beneficial mutations. In addition to immunity from the Virus you have been endowed with Strength and Speed beyond normal Human Means. Your DNA it seems is very flexible and no visual Mutations are apparent. And as further insurances we have endowed you with several Cybernetic Implants. Your Mind and more Important Thought Processing and Memory have been increased to 10 times human means. It increases your reaction time due to being able to think about your actions far faster. You have the storage potential to store every last bit of data in the world. But you'll find your Memory Banks mostly empty I didn't have enough time and now it is too late. Also a Cybernetic Implant increasing adrenaline production has been grafted into your system. And your eyes have been enhanced you'll find by focusing you can see in Inferred and Night-vision along with X-ray. And your capable of interacting wireless with computer systems with wireless access ports although I doubt that system will come in handy in the wasteland Earth is. And last but not lest your Implants are powered by your Bio-Electrical impulses so watch it. You push yourself too far and you may knock yourself out, it's like a breaker switch we implemented...."

Pausing for a few moments the Old man coughed some more, seeming to lose the strength to continue but after a few moments he spoke up one more. " You have several other systems and even inboard weaponry but It would take too long to explain it all. But the reason for your creation has become null and void. Though your just a clone of the man I once knew I still feel as if I owe you. All I can say is live to the best of your considerable abilities, although I have reasons to believe you will be as close to immortal as a being of flesh and blood and in your case machinery can be. For the Self Replicating Nano Machines in your blood stream not only maintain the condition of your Implants but also of your flesh and blood body. But I digress once more..All though I have no grounds to ask you this consider it my dying wish...Help any survivors you may find...Before my apprentice died of the virus that will now claim me......" And here the old man fell forward no more words spoken. It was obvious the virus had taken him at last.

The Video quitting after sometime Chaos processed it all. Tapping into his mind he found out everything the Old Man said about his abilities where true. So it went to reason that everything else he muttered was true. But trying to access anything from the Terminal beside the video brought an error message. So with only a incomplete knowledge of who and what he was he tackled the door out of the lab next. A hardened blast door the power that once moved it was long gone. Studying it for a few minutes Chaos discerned a weakness in its design. Hitting the center of the Blast door he managed with his super strength to force open the door, the said door grinding in protest.

Stepping out into the wasteland Chaos was thrown into the fight for survival. True to the Old Man Chaos helped those he could. Eventually he became an infamous legend, a sort of Robin Hood type. His very image striking fear into the hearts of evil and hope into the downtrodden. But despite his successes Chaos came to realize he couldn't tackle his task alone. He needed help but no one it seemed had the courage to join him. They would take his aid but would give none in return. In a way Chaos began to hate them as weaklings and more then once thought about letting them fight their own battles. But always the memory of the old man's wishes kept him doing what he could. Raiding food shipments, assassination of harsh local leaders, saving those in trouble.

Race: Cyborg Mutant

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby !BakaDaNaWatashi! on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Character Name: Clarissa (last name unknown)
Brief History: Clarissa was found wandering around in the cold winter streets. She didn't know why she was there, or who she was meant to be with. She didn't know her name or age. She, in fact, knew nothing about life besides the time she'd spent on the streets. The friendly old woman who found her brought her into her home and continued to raise her. In her skirt pocket was found a note saying "Never forget me, Clarissa." The writer of the note was never discovered, but after finding the note the old woman named the girl Clarissa. Of course because Clarissa didn't know her age, the woman guessed she was about seven, and made her birthday the day that she was found, March 24th. Now nine years later, Clarissa is a shy sixteen(ish) year old girl who wants to save everyone from this new virus, but is too underconfident to figure out exactly what to do.

!BakaDaNaWatashi!
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Awesome accepted! I'm hoping for one or two more new people! If they dont come by tomorrow we can all start and I'll post the IC but leave the rp open to join

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BeautifulTragedy on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Finished! I'm not really all that happy with the history, but I guess it will do.

Character Name:
Mira Maxine
Picture:
[Changing]
Brief History:
Before Mira was a cyborg, she was once human. A little girl who lived with a single mother, her father being killed during a workers strike that had broken out during the Sorrowful years. The two were faced with numerous problems, like everyone else, but they managed to survive, living in complete poverty. She learned then how to live with the little possessions and barely enough money to keep her mother and herself breathing. She also became very independent young, with her mother suffering from illness. Mira went out and found work wherever she could while caring for her mother at the same time. Eventually the time came when sickness took her mother's life, and then she was left alone like many others were. Though everything was in ruins, even while living in a wasteland, Mira was glad she was atleast breathing. The loss of the only person she knew left her in a wreck, but she pulled through eventually.

It was years later that her life would be changed forever, she was carelessly wandering around one of the many decrepit buildings, that once formed a city, when it collapsed. She was nearly killed, but a scientist found her and back her from the brink of death. His means were shocking to her at first, she woke up finding herself different. Her once caramel complexion had gone pale, hinted with an odd tint of blue to it. She knew instantly that something had changed. Finally after examining herself in the mirror the man that saved her life explained exactly how he managed to save her. She was now almost completely a robot. Most of her limbs, with the exception of her left arm-which stands out against her now odd colored skin, was artificially made. She was lucky enough to have peices of her memory, though almost everything of her past had been lost in the process of changing her body. It took time for her to adjust to the difference, years actually. When she finally did she started lending her newly gained skills to protect others. Acting as a bodyguard, Mira made a full time job out of it.

She still currently takes up residence with the man who saved her life, but is looking for a way to get rid of the self-proclaimed dictator who has only worsened everything. Mira knows she can't do it alone...

Race:
Cyborg
Last edited by BeautifulTragedy on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeautifulTragedy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby !BakaDaNaWatashi! on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Will this start soon? ^^

!BakaDaNaWatashi!
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:47 pm

Character Name: Riel heartly

Picture: (If a head shot please give a description of the rest of the body)

Riel has long dark auburn colored hair with honey colored light brown eyes and pale skin, a heart shaped face with plump lips that are just a tad larger than her jawline with soft rounded cheeks giving her a doll like look. She stands around 5"5 in height and has a soft curvy figure. She normally keeps her hair back in a low loose ponytail often framing her face with two long strands or a large long bang if she can sit still long enough to do that. Her eyebrows are thin and sit pleasantly on her face.

Her normally attire usually consist of tight fitting jeans or leggings with any up to date shoe be it ankle boots or high heels adding just enough diamonds or gold to pull off her look and a loose fitting top to boot. She's a fan of mini dresses and shades a habit she picked up from Rafe over the years, she's not a huge fan of make up and prefers to go natural unless it's for a social event in which she doesn't mind a little mascara here and there.

Brief History: Riels parents were involved deeply in the government before the virus overtook them turning them into mutants however an accident ended up claiming both their lives leaving Riel cold and alone at age 12. She was taken in by her mothers friend and adopted aunt, an extremely wealthy modern day "princess" so to speak, the high class daughter of a business associate. It was there Riel met her son: Rafaellle in his early teen years, the two became fast friends and partners.

----------------
Name: Rafaelle Davanport

Brief History: Rafaelle grew up the privileged and slightly spoiled son of two parents that later divorced. His mother took in Riel when she was 12 after the tragic death(So he head heard) of her parents. Rafaelle was unhappy about having to share anything, let alone his house, food and other things with a complete stranger, especially some orphaned brat he had never met. Never the less, Rafe grew attached to Riel nearly instantly and the two have been close ever since even through his college years.

Picture: Rafe is tall around 6"3 in height with a muscular yet lean build. Pale skin against his dark brown messy hair giving him an almost glowing look with deep rich crystal blue eyes, he has a slight scar that runs from a certain point in his head down past his right eye, however this is a minor blemish on his otherwise unnaturally perfect face. His face is narrow and he has a high bone cheek structure accompanied with a thin pair of elegant lips.

His eyes brows are thick and refined matching his messy black hair that he usually keeps tied back. His attire usually consist of something name brand, refined and high class, customized pants, silk shirts and Rolex watches are among his favorite items to wear.

Race: Mutant: Along with his normal abilities Rafe can control electricity
Last edited by Kohanna on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:27 pm

the-dark-ages-t33085.html

IC is posted everyone!!!

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:00 pm

Character Name: Angel
Brief History: Once when Angel was heading home he found his parents dead. Everything that had mattered the most to him was now dead. But the thing that he noticed was that a cyborg had killed them. He knew that he was next by the look that the cyborg gave him. Eventually he fought with the cyborg but knew that he was no match for it.

When he awoke he was in a bed. His body was different. Parts of his body were metal. He was a cyborg.
Race: Cyborg

The mask and hood can come off. He has blonde hair and Blue eyes.

(Sorry I didn't know what to put for the brief History)
ImageImageImageImageImageHelp me Level them Up PLEASE!!!!!

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BeautifulTragedy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Yay the IC is up, I'm gonna go post now!

BeautifulTragedy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonMan on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:12 pm

I have a few questions first:

What sort of technologies are available? Like, can i have a robotic limb ?
What kind of weapons are we using?
How destroyed is the world, is electricity still useable, is water clean, is food safe, that sort of stuff.

Im pretty eager to submit a sheet without these answered, but please, try to answer them :P
And on the first day Man created God in his own image.

MoonMan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:19 pm

1. We have cyborgs so yeah, id assume you have robotic limb here or there :P

2. Updated weapons, guns, etc no bow and arrow or sword stuff thats medieval i could see a hunting knife here and there but thats avout it

3. Its the future so electricity is still in use water is drinkable yes, think of most of the forests are cut down, a real silver world. Green is a color you want to see but most likely wont, the city is pretty much a giant jail almost. Your typical ruined future so to speak :P

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonMan on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:30 pm

oh okay. ^_^ Thanks! Here's my sheet.

Character Name:
Deacon Blue
Picture:
(apologies for not using a picture, but I have none that I'd use.)
Deacon is a man of average height and average weight. He has short, brown hair that he gels back. He often wears a dark brown overcoat over a white shirt and red tie. His trousers are black and his shoes black too.
His most interesting feature is that each of his limbs are artificial.
Brief History:
Deacon was unfortunate enough to be caught in a small explosion on his 26th birthday caused by a 'gas leak', though he isn't sure that's what really happened. The police were chasing a "lawbreaker" past a gas station and next thing Deacon knew he was in hospital. The doctors told him he was going to be fine, but they had to amputate what was left of his arms and his legs. After then he fell into a heavy pit of depression until one day, an 'investor' who 'wished to remain anonymous' paid for the bills to get him robotic limbs. Since then he has become a tech-obsessed, social outcast who spends his days indoors trying to build more robotic limbs for those who need them, and to make his own perfect in every way.

I hope that's okay.

MoonMan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!