Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Dark Ages (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Dark Ages (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:17 pm

All questions, comments and whatever else can be posted in the OOOC!

Link here: the-dark-ages-ooc-look-and-join-t32900.html

Riel pushed herself up and down slowly, sweat trickled down her forehead as she focused on anything to keep her face from reddening further. Her long dark hair was pulled back in a tight messy ponytail, her palms stayed perfectly flat as she counted in her head her palms flat against a marble floor. Her heavy breathing being the only sound in the large room of the mansion she had called her home for the past five years now. They had been good to her though, she never wanted for clothes, food, fun. Anything she desired she got, though it did get lonely after her childhood friend had to sail off for college and other things, still she always had servants and her own schoolmates to talk too occasionally.

"31.....32......33............34..........35....36!" She sighed hopping up, her workout over when she heard a car in the driveway and instantly her eyes brightened before she dashed over to the window and stuck her out slightly, a well dressed young man was exiting his expensive car and she ducked back in before she could be spotted. Jetting out the room she hopped in the shower and came out a few moments later ignoring her slightly aching muscles.She could never afford to be lazy with everything going on, her new life. Their new life, depended upon her being able to take care of herself and being able to hold her own in a dangerous situation. Riel stopped for a moment to look longingly at a photo of her family on her desk before she shook her head and slipped into a casual green dress, adding some black leggings and up to date pumps to complete the outfit she fixed her hair and attached accessories to complete her look, today was.... after all a very special day for her.

"Riel? Ella?" Someone called and she smiled before she dashed down the steps quickly. There at the bottom stood Rafe as she had dubbed him claiming his long took too long for her to call and only made her sound dramatic when she did so, in all his glory. He always kept up with the fashions of the era despite things being in for one moment and out the next, dressed to perfection in slim pants made of the finest new silks they had imported, a white crisps shirt with dark shades and his messy hair pulled back in a loose ponytail the young man appeared to have stepped out a fairytale book of some sort. Offering Riel a slight smile he removed his shades showing off his bright sparkling blue eyes, his pale skin seemingly glowing from the effects of the virus that had turned the once handsome human boy into a strikingly beautiful mutant young man.

Propriety thrown aside Riel rushed down and leap into his arms hugging him tightly as he dropped his suitcase.

"You're home!" She said excitedly as he nodded before letting her go and she folded her arms behind her back, spinning around once or twice for him so he could look over her attire.

"Haven't leggings gone out back in the early 2000s?" He asked amused as she sighed and folded her arms

"I like simpler fashion! Now, where do we get lunch?" She inquired grabbing on of his hands and holding it tightly despite his claws. She adored Rafe, mutant or not the virus had simply made him even more amazing then he had been before in her opinion. Though she knew it was hard for him to cope with, his father had disowned him behind it. Unable to cope with the fact Rafe was a freak now and while his mother had been accepting, it pained her to watch her child be mutated into something he wasn't supposed to. Those thoughts in mind Riel threw herself into Rafes arms again, forgetting just for a moment how dangerous their connections to each other were as he hugged her back for the second time.

"I missed you so much." She added sincerely
Image <-------made by me! Yes I know I'm epic but the fact still remains. I win you lose happy days and a pair of high heel shoes

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

R.I.P my friend

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kohanna
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Dark Ages (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:09 pm

The figure of a cloaked and hooded man walked amongst the crowd, his face hidden in the shadows of the hood it was impossible to tell who it was. But the man's stride was firm, both in purpose and in form. He was a man on a mission and nearing the edge of the massed group of people he watched like they did the spectacle set on the stage before them.

It was a Massive man,a real giant as it where boldly striding back and forth , flanked by guards who's weapons could reduce the people before them to bloody pulp in less then a second. Behind him stood the scaffold, an ancient execution method it had fallen back into favor as it made a grand display for the people under their thumb. Voicing their charges in a loud tone so that all might hear this mountain of a man spoke with a fervor bordering on religious devotion. He accused them of charges both real and false. One would think their crime was against God himself the way he talks. The hooded man mused as he studied the man on stage and his guard, calculated angles and how much area the guards weapons covered. His cybernetic enhanced brain producing viable results faster then most supercomputers could he merely waited his time, after all patience is an assassin's greatest gift. And while this cyborg bore many functions today he was Death's Messenger, the cleansing fire he like to think of himself. " And now you shall see with your own eyes what happens....." The Man who's voice rang with passion began to speak before the hooded and cloaked man raced up the stage in a single effortless leap, discarding his cloak for freedom of movement.

And when his face became clear the guards dropped their weapons out of sheer shock at seeing legend made flesh. The man was Chaos, a ghost of the revenge of the fallen, the avenger of all those that suffered at the hands of men such as the Giant on Stage. As he leaped he tapped into his onboard weaponry, his very flesh interwoven with the machines within Chaos was a living weapon. His right hand was surrounded by a white glow and his palm opened to reveal a lens glowing with energy. The guards still in shock Chaos landed atop the giant. His hand thrusting into the tyrants face, the lens released it's energy burning a clean hole through the Giant's face and head. The stench of burnt flesh rising He stood from the corpse he straddled and faced the guards. His eyes glowing red as he switched over to Inferred.

" Leave this place and never come back if you value your lives." The Assassin spoke giving the foe arrayed before him one last chance at life.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby !BakaDaNaWatashi! on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:27 pm

A girl sat at home in her armchair. Her thin body was curled into the shape of the chair, and there she sat reading a book. Her long black hair was draped over her face as she looked into her lap and read. Although due to her memory loss she was re educated, she proved to be extremely intelligent and excelled to the point of being a lot smarter than the average sixteen year old, let alone one who had lost her memory of approximately seven years of life. Her name was Clarissa, and she was a very shy, polite girl.

Clarissa lifted her head when she heard a noise in the doorway. She looked at the person walking through the doorway and smiled warmly. The old lady shuffled through the doorway clasping a tray of mango and passion fruit smoothies. The old lady, who Clarissa had got into calling Grandma, placed the tray in front of Clarissa.

"So you've taken your head out of that book for a second then," the old lady chuckled.

Clarissa blushed. "Yes.. sorry Grandma, was there something you needed help with?"

"No, nothing at all thankyou. What are you reading this time?" the old lady asked, glancing at the book's glossy front cover.

Through embarrassment, Clarissa attempted to hide the book, but the old lady had long since seen the title. "The A-Z of Viruses". She frowned.

"Clarissa... when are you going to stop worrying about this virus? We're not infected, that's what matters. Why are you so bothered about it?" she asked.

Clarissa ducked her head. "But what if you became infected with it, Grandma?" she asked. "I could make you better... if I read enough about viruses to know what to do. Don't you want that?"

The old lady sighed. Clarissa had, for a long time, been glued to the idea of finding a cure for this apparently unstoppable virus. Despite her child's large intelligence, she didn't believe a sixteen year old was capable of making such a discovery. And even if she DID make the discovery, who would take her seriously enough to believe her. But this conversation had happened many times between them, and Clarissa was extremely stubborn when she knew she was right, so she dropped the debate.

!BakaDaNaWatashi!
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Angel was walking passed people. Some were looking at him strangely while others kept their distance from him. He as well as others knew what he was, a cyborg. Many people just fought to survive everyday. But thankfully he didn't need to eat alot. Thanks to his organs, some but mostly all of them were replaced and thus he didn't need to eat. Sometimes all he needed was water. With the technology he had water kept him running.

He was low on it and right now he need it. The only thing that was in the distance of his view was a house that looked like a mansion. Of course he couldn't aproach it the way he looked. He ran a few comands and off came the hood and the mast showing his blonde hair and his artificial blue eyes. He went to the door and knocked.
ImageImageImageImageImageHelp me Level them Up PLEASE!!!!!

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Reil scowled when Rafe let her go and straightened his posture, a stone face set onto his gorgeous features and he silently cast her an apologetic look as several guards walked in. Of course just as they were having a moment in stormed the modern day Hitlers! She wasn't as stupid as some other girls she knew, indeed she was not swayed by their rulers charming nature or good looks. She knew behind all that suave and glitter was a cold hearted killer that would do anything to get his way or get what he wanted no matter who he harmed.

"Captain." One solider nodded to Rafe and he nodded back stoically as Reil stood by his side, playing her role of faithful pet and companion always loyal to him and his cause. The others eyed her cautiously, she tended to be rebellious against the majority of them. With the exception of Rafe and the head honcho himself, no one could really tell Reil what to do let alone physically punish her should she disobey them.

"Idiots" She thought mockingly though she kept her face devoid of any emotion as they all chit chatted with Rafe discussing the homicide count and genocides they would plan in the neat future. The rebels had been uprising, almost seeming to appear over night to over throw their horrid new leader and restore the earth back to her original luster: Riel had to smile at the irony, by day Rafe was their noble cold hearted partner....

By night: He was one of the most powerful rebel leaders around, his connections to the inner circle always helped when they were plotting missions or assassinations on the leaders life. She noticed one of the cyborgs eying her and death glared him viciously causing him to frown but back off as she moved closer to Rafe, silently telling him she wanted to get out of her.

"Well if you'll excuse me now gentleman I....oh, my lord....how good to see you." He said calmly as everyone bowed though it took a slight firm squeeze of the hand for him to get Riel to bow down to him as well. The older man nodded back, decorated with gold medals and ribbons. He looked like a clown from one of those old fairs they had back in the 1900s in Riels opinion. He motioned for them to stand and they did as he casts a cold smile at everyone but allowed his gaze to linger on Riel just for a moment before he turned his attention to Rafe who despite his calm composure had a slight hint of disdain when he noticed his leader staring down his much younger companion.

"Rafaellle.....so glad to have you home." He said greeting him with an emotionless hug to which Rafe returned with a false smile plastered on it

"Graduation was touching.." He said

"Almost felt offended you weren't there." He added as the decorated man laughed coldly causing Rafe to nearly roll his eyes, the man honestly tried too hard. You could read him like a bad book he was fake, cheese leaked from every comforting or kind word he pretended to offer his soldiers and people in order to gain their love and trust. The idea that despite all he had done there were those who still loved him was sickening, they worshiped and catered to a mad man that had nearly wiped out humanity in a sense.

Rafe frowned and cleared his throat

"My lord, I would like to relax and perhaps get a meal now if that is all right." He said with a curt bow as his leader nodded

"Keep an eye on her Rafe...." He added with a slight nod towards a visibly shocked Riel as Rafe nodded with a cold expression before he hurriedly exited with Riel. Once outside and alone Rafe took the moment to look at his hands with a slightly disdainful look. Ever since the virus had changed him his life had been flipped upside down, he couldn't help but feel bitter at his fate...even though his looks, powers and life had been enhanced it still came with a price. Now he was a double agent constantly putting everyone he cared for in jeopardy, even now...just by his display inside he could tell things were becoming complicated.

"Rafe?" He looked over at her to see her eying him with deep concern before she grabbed his hand and traced his claws softly stroking his hand and touching his scars, his only flaw.....she was his flaw...his weakness even if she didn't realize that yet.

"You're perfect." She said finally, offering him a soft smile before she tugged him slightly and began walking down the street with him

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:32 pm

Despite being shocked at the determination and faith in his ability to slaughter them all like the Guards drew their weapons against Chaos. Firing in unison they were soon treated to a deadly ballet, it moves whirling around their guns flying ammo, each leap punctuated by a crimson exclamation point. Unwilling partners in the Cyborg assassin's ballet they fell like so much wheat to the scythe, their bodies a testimonial to Chaos faith.

The scent of death and spilled blood hung heavily on the air. A sweet sickly smell the crowd gagged as Chaos came to a standstill, his clothes stained with the sanguine proof of battle they fell into silence. Cutting down the former prisoners from the scaffold He faced the crowd as a single man, no doubt the voice of the massed people around the stage, strode forward with slightly hesitant steps as if afraid of what he dared to approach.

"How can we repay you.." The voice of the crowd asked his voice slow to form each word.

" Join me in my quest, you have seen for yourself they are not invincible, that even they bleed. That they die like anyone. Stand with me and you shall have more then repaid me." Chaos asked, his voice speaking of the passion and wish for others to fight against his enemy. He truly wanted to help these people realize their greatest gift, that courage would see them free one day. But like so many times his hopes where crushed.

" Yes for you to say Cyborg freak, you aren't human. We can't fight them on our own level. They are trained, experienced and born killers. We are nothing but Humans."

" Then leave me alone cowards, I go to fight, stay here if you wish. I have better things to do." Chaos responded disappointed , a usual feeling for him. Every time they refused to fight Chaos felt his disgust for them grew. If he could just have the help.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Angel had already gotten the things he needed to keep going. Since he was a cyborg he could run faster and farther than any human without getting tired. When he got near a town he noticed the people were all gathered into one place. Those who were at the back of the crowd turned around to see who it was and when they layed their eyes on him they separated like moses separated the red sea. They were all making a path for him to walk on.

When he noticed who they were looking at it brought him so relief. It was Chaos. Mostly all of the cyborgs had come from the same place. But they mostly never got to see each other but once a month sometimes. And they escaped all going their own way. Until now they had found eachother. "Well, well,well if it isn't Chaos" said Angel as he walked up to him.

"Whats up with all of this peope staring at......" said Angel when he focused his vision to where there was a place that looked like a big red spot. When he zoomed in it was people that were all wearing the same clothes, but they were dead."Ah I see why" he said without any emotion. His artificial eyes were cold but blue.

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BeautifulTragedy on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:33 pm

It was another typical day for Mira in the twisted world, it was a shame to say she was starting to get used to the daily murders among other things that would have been marked as vile in the past, now it was just a sign of the times. Still, she hoped to someday see everything change, possibly back to when a child could actually play outside without having to worry about being killed, by either humans or disease. Mira was atleast glad she was immune to the many sicknesses that seemed to take thousands of human lives. It gave her alittle bit more of an advantage, but when looking from afar, it still wasn't enough to overthrow a whole system that was so deeply rooted in everyones lives. Even given her extra abilities, she was outnumbered greatly by people who were actually okay with what was going on, or got enough money to cloud their vision.

Mira quietly found her thoughts humerous, she didn't have much room to speak, she was loyal to one of the scientist who created so many cyborgs for the government to carry out the dirty work. It was because of him that she was alive, and that she had a job guarding some of the higher-ups in the system. It disgusted her everyday to see them smiling and going on like they weren't ruining the world. She gained little knowledge from the job, always being left outside of the meetings to kill anyone who tried to cause problems, which was often; again, she had adjusted to killing without thinking twice.

Her posture was stiff and straight as she kept scanning the area. Government meetings alternated places, trying to lower the chances of any rebels finding them and causing trouble. Currently, Mira was postioned a few feet away from a heavily metal plated door, it was the the end of a hallway where there was only one other door at the other end, the only exit, which in Mira's opinion wasn't very smart, but it wasn't her place to do anything but make sure security was tight and things ran smoothly. Her grey eyes stared straight ahead at one of the other eight cyborgs standing at the other end of the hall. It was times like these where she wished someone would try and start something, she could be still for hours but she hated every second of it. Before she started working as a shield for the government, she spent time exploring the wasteland and randomly helping out people who needed protection. Being stuck behind cold, lifeless concrete walls bugged her.

Just before the door opened Mira turned around heard the grinding of multiple locks opening up and she turned in unison with the other guards, creating a pathway to the exit. One by one men poured out of the room with unreadable expressions, neatly they filed out the door and to the transport that awaited them outside. Mira was the last to leave, guarding the rear of the group. Once everyone was safely strapped in Mira took a new spot ontop one of the heavy vehicles. Her left eye in infrared mode, she watched the back of the triangular formation. Things luckily ran smoothly for the ten minutes it took for everyone to arrive back at the compound where all government officials lived. Undoubtedly the nicest area within hundreds if not thousands of miles. The place was encircled by several steel walls to keep out rebels and other threats. Once inside and in the hands of other guards, Mira's job was done. She never got to see what the inside looked like because, along with a few others, she was dropped off outside.

Mira looked at the the outermost wall frowning, she would kill to be behind those walls and get information, but if that ever happend it wouldn't be anytime soon, she was lucky to get as close to offcials as she did now. Int ime she hoped she could move up in the ranks to get even closer to them. 'For now, I'll wait.' She thought as the scene drastically changed back to the slums. Her home was on the edges of it, but she bypassed it and kept walking. Up ahead she could hear some kind of commotion going on, she caught the very end of some cyborg giving what sounded like a very inspiring speech, but she wasn't the least bit surprised when people started shouting or leaving. With every day that passed they became less and less willing to help turn things around.

"What a shame..." Mira spoke to herself in a voice that would barely be audible to human ears. She had a strong urge to approach the man but hung back for a second, she was torn. She wanted so badly to help change things, but her creator was pro-government and it was nearly impossible to disobey his wishes, one of them being for Mira to stay loyal to the government.

'I might not have another chance like this though...I could atleast have a few words with him.' Mira decided to try and atleast see what this cyborg had planned. Walking around the crowd she found her way to the front. She ignored the looks some people gave her, by now she was used to that too, and came up to the man who'd just spoken and what appeared to be yet another cyborg.

"That was quite the speech you just gave." She spoke while looking at the two, trying to get a feel for them.

BeautifulTragedy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:28 am

Rafe followed Riel at a distant as she tried to appear casual but couldn't help stopping to say hello or help someone she found, weather it be a puppy an old lady or some poor kid that managed to lose their parent, Riel managed to bump into them and insist Rafe stay with her and help them till she got them situated. It had been over an hour since they left and they still hadn't gotten to the station, at this rate they were going to be eating dinner not lunch together, still Rafe had to watch with a slightly amused smile as Riel finished handing some of her money to an old lady in rags, the woman shook her hands and eagerly ran off. He blinked when she turned to smile at him in what could only be described as a stunning manner before he shook his head slightly, this was confusing and above all......wrong, Riel was his partner...his ward basically...someone he was supposed to protect he couldn't develop romantic feelings for her, that would complicate things for them.

"You're perfect." He stared down at his hand frowning for a moment before he remembered how her hand touched his, her gentle accepting nature, running his long fingers across it he sighed for a moment before he felt someone grab his hand again, looking up he realized Riel had come back and was ready to keep walking, he offered her an apologetic smile before they continued to walk down the streets and catching a ride to the restaurant.

"Table for two please, Davanport." Rafe added as the waitress hurriedly rushed to a private table, his name got him everywhere he noticed a fact he wouldn't have minded too long ago, except now it seemed everyone knew him. Privacy was a rare almost none existent treat these days, in a matter of moments both and he Riel were seated, she of course looked around observing everyone in the room before she ordered her food much to Rafes amusement

"Not going to debate?" He inquired arching an eyebrow

"You know I get the same thing almost every time." Riel answered casually though she had a hint of a playful tone in her manner before Rafe rolled his eyes

"You are so boring."

"I resent that."

"Resent all you want, but you are boring...you never change."

"Im consistent!" By now the food had arrived stopping Rafe from continuing the playful banter, it was probably for the better. Riel could get vicious when she felt insulted and sometimes their banters tended to leave her feeling just that, though she was always willing to forgive Rafe, slipping a hand into his pocket Rafe removed a black crushed velvet box and handed it to Riel who merely blinked confused

"You graduate this year, its an early present." He explained as her eyes instantly brightened and she took the book slowly opening it and gasping when she saw a small book, it was red and gold embroiled with painstakingly original detail, her name was printed on the front in her favorite font dazzled in a light silver color, she opened it slowly cradling it like a gentle child and gasped out loud as she noticed the picture inside. It was black and white....it was her.....it was her family,

".....Rafe...." She uttered his name in such a way Rafe couldn't help but feel something within him swell with the slight pride he had been able to move her in such a way

"There's more...." He said calmly as she flipped another page only to realize it was fake...much thicker then the other, carefully she removed it and pulled out a diamond flower shaped necklace, she nearly fell out of her seat as she held it up The diamond glistening in the light like a small chandelier

"..........For...."

"You, yeah....want me too...." She nodded quickly and he stood up, taking the necklace he gently wrapped it around her throat and fastened it in place, folding her book back she heard a click and realized the necklace was a key to unlock it. Looking up, she noticed the close proximity of their faces and Rafe lingered for a moment before moving away and sitting down, his normal composure in place as the moment seem to shatter like a glass cup hitting the floor when the waiter came back to refill their drinks.

"....Thank you. I love them...." She said sincerely as he nodded but looked up again and gave her a sincere smile, it was moment like these that made his job worthwhile...

"....You're welcome..."

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:31 pm

Angel turned his head around to see a woman coming towards them. It was clearly another cyborg.Was todaya reunion of some sort or was it meant to be for them to be reunited like this. "So what brings you two strangers here" he said to Chaos and the other girl. Angel didn't know what to do any more. He had been traveling with no purpose, except to defeat those that had destroyed the planet. Most of the people were still waiting for them to do something. Some of them had a sad face while others seemed like they were waiting for something else.

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:37 pm

The unofficial “King” of the world watched Riel and Rafe leave, Rafe was one of his favorite soldiers without a doubt, a mutant and monster through a through a heart as black as his hair. Riel on the other hand fascinated him to an extent. He had more than once seen her tormenting a palace guard that had hit on her or offended her in some way, she was far more compassionate often voicing her opinions about matters in rival to his: It was fascinating to watch.

BUT She was a problem to an extent.. It was horribly obvious she meant something to Rafe, even if she was only a sister to him she still MEANT SOMETHING and that meant the king would be keeping a close eye on the girl, after all. Behind every powerful man in history, there was a conniving, dangerous doe eyed female coaching him and pulling the strings that ultimately lead to the males downfall.. -

A mutant ran through the streets, he was of no importance to anyone, he was poor and not thought of. He lived with an older woman and he was not any more extraordinary then the next mutant, only the mark on his wrist, the mark that only showed when he rubbed the make up off, showing he was loyal to the rebellion set him apart.

“Riel is gonna kill me!” He muttered knowingly, today was the day Rafe came home and everyone had known from Riels endless anxiety that he was finally coming home from college, that was good news to both the government and the rebels as he was a valued member of both parties, but it was obvious from the way Riel had re acted the reunion was more then just business and her being happy her partner was finally back.

He jumped over a wall and dashed the few final blocks until he came upon three cyborgs, ignoring the other two he grabbed Mira pulling her to the side as quickly and subtly as he could, he looked around for a moment knowing guards could be anywhere at any time. He lifted his nose scenting for other mutants before he assured himself the coast was clear “Rafe is back, he and Riel are at lunch right now. You should go there right away and see what Riel has on the others and soon, I hear from Rafes mother, LaRon is watching her. I think he's going to strike soon and if that is the case we need to remove Riel from that situation quickly!” He explained as fast as he could in a hushed tone

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby !BakaDaNaWatashi! on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:22 pm

At school, Clarissa's attention was not on the Pythagoras' Theorem on the board. It was useless information which she didn't wish to process. She had far more important things to think about.

Facts and figures about viruses bounced around her head. She tried to piece them together, but like an old jigsaw with a large amount of pieces missing, she was unable to find a genuine idea. She attempted to fill these gaps with guessed theories, but none of them added up. It was when she was shocked with a sharp whack of a ruler on her desk that she realised she had fallen asleep.

"I'm sorry, young lady, was I boring you?"

Clarissa's teacher had become such a jerk since he became a mutant. Because of his new beauty, all the schoolgirls batted their eyelashes at him, went all giggly, and he knew exactly why. He loved the new attention and had let the new power get the better of him. He used to be a fairly nice teacher, but now he was so up himself it was unreal.

"I don't even know why I bother teaching you sometimes, Clarissa. In one ear, out the other. There's nothing special about you."

Of course by saying this he was very incorrect. Clarissa excelled in all of her subjects, being able to get full marks on any maths exam he put in front of her. Clarissa fumed alittle inside, but didn't protest.

"I'm sorry, Sir. It won't happen again..." Clarissa mumbled softly.

"Too right it won't. It's annoying enough that I'm still a petty teacher. Just wait until the royalty accept me in. Then all of you Norms will be sorry" he chuckled to himself.

All of the guys groaned. He was going on one of his rampages again. His complete change in personality was ridiculous. But all of the girls giggled and batted their eyelashes, as per usual, muttering things such as "isn't he brave?" and "I hope he marries me one day!".

This encounter only encouraged Clarissa to concentrate even harder on curing this virus. It was spreading faster. More and more people had completely changed, whether it were to beautiful snobs or horrifically deformed blobs of sadness. She needed to think fast.

!BakaDaNaWatashi!
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:07 am

"If you say so scum of the Earth." Chaos answered the praise of his speech from the cyborg called Mira who stood before him. The bodies of the guards lay behind him, already drawing the birds of death, black feathered crows who clean the battlefields and slaughters of the wars and fights that went on daily. " I am surprised it took so long for you to get here Mira." He added with a tone of scorn and contempt for he knew who he faced. For he had daily gathered information on his enemy and their soldiers, and fellow Cyborgs where paid close attention to as the greatest threats.

Despite not knowing who he truly was Chaos carried out the last wishes of the Old man, his creator with a determination bordering on religious fervor. Some days that meant assassinations like today, others spent hijacking food and medicine shipments, and still others gathering intelligence on the greatest obstacle to helping the people, the Government and their lackeys.

Turning to the other cyborg he laughed with contempt. " The fat slob of a leader who thought to rule with fear and cruelty brought me here. Here I killed him and his guards. His days of power are over. And I'll kill every single one of his replacements to boot as well." He spoke with a tone of promise and certainty, this cyborg he didn't know but since he wasn't a government lackey he had no reason to bother with learning about every single person in the world.

A man came up, slightly out of breath and grabbed the government lackey called Mira and spoke of a great need to remove Riel, one of the strongest and most evil and black hearts of the government's legions. Although Chaos had calculated he had a 75% chance of winning an encounter with Riel. After all he had the powers of mutant kind and of his cyborg nature to back him up.

" I don't mean to intrude scum, but I'll kill Riel for you, it's about time I stop wasting my time with these low level jerk-offs. Tell me where Riel is or I'll add your bodies to the pile here." He asked, no demanded indicating the dead guards and leader behind him.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:22 am

The mutant, Tarron looked annoyed when he noticed the Cyborg eavesdropping. It never did for strangers to get involved with his business that out everyone and everything at RISK! Straightening up he eyed the cyborg with contempt. He had fought with all kinds, humans, cyborgs and mutants like himself, he was a value to his fellow clan members and the fact this classless killer was addressing him as scum was all too insulting.

"I am not SCUM sir, it would do you well to remember that. And I am hardly impressed with your display of gore." He added in a disdainful tone, Riel and the others had ordered this before, when in a situation give her up. She was one of the most well known and powerful government agents or trinket as she often called herself known. For them to protect her was suspicious among others, for them to betray then rescue her was far easier

However, Rafe wasn't too fond of the ideas and normally ended up breaking the limbs or anyone they sent or doing far worse to them in the name of self defense, though they all knew otherwise. It was for her and only her he fought, if Riel wasnt in the picture Rafe was proven to be far less vicious and brutal in any situation.

Tarron wasn't about to feel his wrath

" She is cafe debwitt I doubt the likes of you would get in there anyway, its a high society club, you cant just go break into one of those places, security would capture and kill you in a matter of moment." He said seriously hoping to dissuade the halfbreed. In any matter he set his watch to alert Riel she might be in danger, she would already have a good head start with any luck and Rafe would have called his troops for back up, he could only imagine the look on their faces, not even 5 minutes of being together again and people were already trying to attack them again! The red light on Riels watch beeped over and over as she stared confused for a moment before rolling her eyes and sighing, poking her salad she glanced up at Rafe who had gone back into military mode.

As quick as she had him....she lost him

"Danger..." They said together as he instantly began scanning the room Riel gritted her teeth, whoever this was...had better pray she didn't get her hands on them

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:57 am

" You let me worry about security, beside you have already warned them anyways but no matter I could use the workout Scum." Chaos replied with a smile before taking a couple of steps away." Oh scum next time try to be less obvious with your motions you haven't been doing the double agent thing long have you.." And with that he began the walk at a slow and measured pace, the cafe was on the other side of the city he found himself in today. Kicking up a guard's rifle, it's ammo cell only half full Chaos gave it a quick check then kept walking. Most Cyborgs disdained rifles and projectile weapons because they felt their built in weapons more then sufficient but Chaos wasn't a normal Cyborg. He would take any advantage he could get.

After a few moments of walking Chaos was under attack, no doubt a strike force sent to slow him down. Not even slowing down his steps he raised the rifle and with a showy spinning motion fired it. Spinning it like a child would a ball he tracked targets and calculated firing angles all in the blink of an eye, the strike force lay dead and his ammo cell was spent. Tossing the rifle on the ground he picked up another rifle, this time it's ammo cell full.

No other strike forces made a show after the first and most people ran as soon as Chaos walked their way. Knowing exactly what going to happen they had no desire to stick around.

After what seemed more time yet less time then it should have taken Chaos stood outside the Cafe facing down a squad that obviously didn't know what they where dealing with as they where all armed with melee weapons, EMP batons designed to overload his implants and force him to shut down if they made contact. That is if they made contact and with the same ease he had slaughtered the last squad of brainwashed soldiers he killed this one spending his rifle's ammo cell. Tossing it aside he walked into the Cafe with the same air as if he was merely considering indulging in some fine food.

" What's the matter too chicken shit to face me yourself so you send your lackeys." He asked Riel and her brother Rafe seated at the table at the far end of the room tossing a dead soldier their way." But what can you expect from Scum like you. You can't fight so you send those stupid enough to think they can." And here he sat calm as could at a table with a smile written large on his face. Afterall this is what he was created and built for, combat. His every cell and fiber enhanced through genetics, those enhanced even further the power of implants. And augmented by constant battle against the enemies of the common people. He was nothing but a weapon designed to fight, emotions where faked to get desired results, memories only useful as sources of intel, a life non-existent. He had no soul and didn't mind because his purpose in life was seated across the room from him. Or rather the first part of his purpose in life, he had no stupid ideals the government would fall because of the death of a couple of their lackeys.

" Alright let's get this party started." He said with a pumped up tone kicking the table towards his purpose in life switching into inferred, for it let him track his enemy with more accuracy and in this fight every small advantage would count.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:59 am

Rafe had sensed the Cyborg approaching at a rapid pace and stood unimpressed when the weaker guards fell, it wasn't that he didn't sympathize with them. But the fact the poor fools were just there for the enmy to toy with and none of them ever seemed to realize Laron would just experiment with their dead bodies later, turning them into cyborgs or if he could mutants to serve him. They were idiots misguided by flattering words and enough money to keep them comfy for their very short lives...

Riels eyes were narrowed into dangerous slits and she reached for her weapon when Rafe stopped her instead grabbing her and whisking her tightly to his chest. She felt her breath escape her at the sudden motion and he placed her behind him with such quickness she had to blink to make sure it really happened. Riel stuck her tongue out at the mutant mix as Rafe eyed him with such a cold furry it sent shivers down her spinal cord as he didn't make any motion to attack or grab a weapon, his powers and skilled training had helped him take down any enemy he had taken before, this blood hungry idiot was no different.

"Unless you want to end up scrap metal parts. I suggest you start running as fast as you can, I don't take kindly to ANYONE threatening people I protect or interrupting my dates." Rafe replied menacingly to the mutant, his troops knew to stand down unless he ordered them to fight, they would appear the moment he called them but Rafes only concern was Riel, looking at her he made the go on motion and she shook her head

"I'm not leaving you with this trash, I can take him." She added with a disgusted scoff in the Cyborgs direction, he hardly looked all that impressive to her and she had known from fights in the past, the bigger they were the harder they fell, the fact he was a mixed breed just added to that belief, Rafe narrowed his eyes at her, now was not the time for Riel to get STUBBORN on him! He needed her to listen, the fact she was determined to stay only added to Rafes current frustration and annoyance.

"Riel...go get in the car." He said firmly as she folded her arms and huffed before she begin to walk towards the door, grumbling and mumbling, he never let her do ANYTHING! What did he think she did when he wasn't around? Sit at home all day and be waited on hand and foot? She could kick but just as well as he could if given the chance! A very big chance, but a chance no less! Stopping mid walk she stared down the Cyborg, letting him know then and there, she was the last person he should have been screwing with that day

"You better watch yourself you wench." She added

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:58 am

" Are you going to just talk Scum or we going to do this already." Chaos said with a bored sigh, for he felt the way they hung back most amusing. Even if they didn't act it he knew the male named Rafe was scared for this Riel.And with that bit of knowledge he scanned the room and his potential enemy. It was true enough both radiated power but the super Soldier was hardly swayed, after all unlike them he fought for a cause not himself. And in a battle of equals it was the will that won but that was a ideal he never really bothered with on a aware level.

" Yeah let the big boys play, I am sure your dolls are getting lonely. But don't you worry I'll track you down soon enough and send you to hell with your brother." He promised the passing Riel then with a smirk written large on his face. Some people where really predictable, a few words and they revealed so much it was laughable. But he was hardly complaining it worked to his advantage.

"Alright I am bored of this, time for you to face the wrath of all the people you killed in cold blood, to face the wrath of people you have mistreated. No longer shall they be ruled by the horror of your sick and twisted mind. I will rip you apart and scatter your body to the winds." And here a blinding flash of light emanated from him, knocking aside several tables and chairs.

And Chaos, P-546 super soldier built as humanity's savior stood in his full glory. His skin covered with thin layer of metal, made of a carbon alloy it was akain to being sheathed in diamonds. Combat systems engaged to 110%, warning current conditions taxing power supply. Advise limiting duration of combat. The computer in his mind warned him. Often he thought it had no idea of what he was capable of. But computer's where never good at adding the human element into their calculations. But then again he never had to fight long enough in full combat mode to truly test his limits. " Time to send you where you belong fool." He said moments before launching himself at Rafe.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelDreams on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:13 am

Angel had followed Chaos and the other guy. It looked like it was going to be fun. It had been a while since he had fought someone. Especially a mutant. He didn't go all the way in he just stayed outside leaning agains what looked like a black expensive car. "Don't you hate it. When they tell you to go away but you know you can do something" she said to the girl that had the upset yet mad face expression on. He didnt have his mask and hood on so his face was exposed to everyone.

"How does it feel to be aloen?" he aked the girl.

AngelDreams
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kohanna on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Riel had stood by angrily as she watched Rafe dodge with ease, this would probably be nothing for him. He was fresh and his adrenaline was ridiculously long lasting, though she was still irked by the fact he had been labeled her brother so many times. Brothers didn't take you on dates or make you feel the way Rafe made her feel, he was something all right but brother wasn't it! Another Cyborg appeared, these things were really beginning to piss Riel off even if she did fight with some of them he was leaning on her car, that pissed her off even more!

"Excuse me, I don't know where you come from but where I do, it's RUDE to touch things that don't belong to you." She said in a chilled polite tone to the new comer

"And that CAR is MINE." She added emphasizing the words "Car" and "Mine" to get her point across as she tried to keep her temper in check, sometimes she just hated her jobs, every so often they came across some cocky as crap wanna be solider for justice and either had to walk away or beat the gears off someone. It was redundant! She growled, this was all because someone had run into danger in regard to her, who the frick had felt it was THAT important, as if it couldn't have waited twenty or so minutes was getting blasted halfway to the fiery pits of hades later!

"Rafe just finish that thing." She called to him impatiently, another character flaw she hated to admit she had. She HATED waiting, it gave her time to think and contemplate things she wouldn't normally under, well, normal circumstances and though focused on Rafe she watched the new comer with an easy eye, if he attacked her...she was far more then ready....
----

Rafe dodged and merely stepped aside as if he was letting the halfbreed cross to be polite, dodging the other attacks he rolled his eyes unamused. Threatening Riel wasn't the wisest thing their enemies had done in the past, it usually ended with her jumping on them and beating the crap out of them or Rafe blasting them to pieces, he wasn't even sure what the halfbreed wanted!

"What are you even perusing this for? It's futile." He said as calmly as he could sensing the other cyborg, Riel was in a foul mood and at the first wrong word she could snap. Loosing her wasn't on his agenda of things to do today, so he was praying she would just have the mind to run away rather then stay and possibly lose a limb.

"Go home and live to see another day." He added in his cold tone, Laron was going to have a field day about this. He had only been back a few hours and the Cyborg just HAD to show up and start screwing everything up. He still hadn't drawn a weapon on the creature, hoping they could manage to find a peaceful....semi peaceful way to end this, though having witnessed the Cyborg kill his fellow soldiers, it didn't seem like that was an option anymore.

Kohanna
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Launching initial attacks Chaos feinted as Rafe dodged, testing the scum who thought he was better then humanity limits. Each attack short and swift to more to keep up the pressure then to actually cause any damage so he wasn't at all surprised as they were avoided by his target. Initializing Offensive Protocol Alpha-09. The supercomputer that augmented his mind spoke as the Cyborg Assassin, the soldier built to fight to save humanity from a war that was long over realized he would have to up his game. Metal spikes erupted from his defensive exoskeleton to increase the damage melee attacks would have. But the protocol also activated his adenoidal implant pumping massive amounts of the chemical into his blood stream further increasing speed and reaction time

" You want to know why I am fighting you who is the most worthless piece of shit on this planet. It's for the people you treat like animals. It's for this world which people like you destroyed in your greed and belief you had the right to do as you please. I am fighting for a cause beyond your pea brained attempts at understanding. I will bring this government down in a chaos of blood and death...your death will be the first of long chain of people who actually matter. I will show the wrath of the planet you think your own, I will rip you to pieces and show the people that even a demon can bleed. I will unite them with your death. And mostly I fight you because you just really piss me off." Chaos replied with a anger so vicious it was akin to a blow struck, each word wrought of faith, of action, and of the duty he had been charged with, and would carry out to his dying breath. This was his fate, his destiny. It was the reason the Old man had created him in the dim past. Chaos of all his brethren was the only one left alive, he was a soldier created in the dim past to fight against Humanity's oppressors. And even if the war he had been breathed life into to fight was over, it didn't mean a thing to him. His creator had charged him with helping the survivors. And what more fitting way then to do away with their oppressors. And since words fail to move either party, then it was action that would. For actions had always spoken louder then words.

Renewing his attack on Rafe he could not be bothered with the cyborg from earlier. His fight was with the government scum and he needed no help at the moment.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!