Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The dark path to disillusionment...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

The dark path to disillusionment...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shalashaska on Tue May 06, 2008 3:22 pm

Danny sighed as he wiped the sweat from his face. The gloved hand he used seemed to scratch the skin slightly, leaving little tingles of sensation behind the stroke. It really did feel like the end of all days.

Greetings, yall. My name's Shalashaska, a.k.a David Thurlow. I am an experianced roleplayer for the last eight years or so, maybe less maybe more depending on how you look at it. I came to this website after randomly looking through google, so here's hoping it's as good as the front page says it is.

Anyways, more about me:

I love roleplays that make you think about morality. Anything that involves thinking, personal opinion about relevant subjects, philosophical plots e.c.t always floats my boat. But I also like roleplaying just for the fun of it. I'm generally easy going with anyone, whether super experianced or a complete newbie, so don't worry, I don't tend to bite.

I originally started roleplaying on Neopets at the tender age of twelve. Ish. My memory is hazy after so long, so you'll have to forgive me. I've come a long way from the old -he smiles- posts. You'll see my style as I join in the action more often here.

Word of warning to you all. I don't tolerate well to impatient people, it's the only pet hate I have in the RP world. If it takes me two days to get the time to come online and reply, it takes me two days god damnit! I especially hate anyone taking over my character, making them say anything e.c.t so ask before you have my character do/reply to anything in a roleplay first, even if it's something simple. If you ask first, generally I'll give you the green light. I'm not a complete control freak.

All in all, I am pretty laid back with what I roleplay and how basic or advanced the matter is. So long as it's fun and no one takes it too seriously, we should all get along just fine.

"As I lay back and took a deep breath, I imagined for a second what it'd be like to be an Angel in the sky."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shalashaska
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The dark path to disillusionment...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Viktor Lefte on Tue May 06, 2008 3:48 pm

Hey there Shalashaska!

Name's Viktor or Vik for short, I'd like to say Welcome to Gateway! This is a place of wonders with many RP's to choose from Fantasy to Realistic. You can always create your own RP as well here. Your definitely going to make friends here rather then mortal enemies as far as I can tell. ^^

Even though our main chat is down, we have a replacement at the moment. Be warned though, the chat can be a crazy place, sometimes a battlefield. You could get blown up, eaten, mauled, kissed, hugged and perhaps luffled but don't let that bother you. Here is your complementary helmet, grenade and tattered white flag made on the behalf of myself. :D

Now go in there and make yourself known!

...also watch out for ConvolutedMusings. ;>>

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Viktor Lefte
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Tue May 06, 2008 3:55 pm

*Me luffles you* Well, I'm already talking to ya in the chatroom but I figured I should comment anyways. Welcome to Gateway, and feel free to ask us for anything and we'll do our best. ^^ Mid~
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shalashaska on Tue May 06, 2008 4:41 pm

El woot. Thanks for not directing me to the rules section, after eight years or so I think I've learnt what is and isn't expected of me. xP

Anyways, time for me to dive in!

Shalashaska
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Wed May 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Morality? Morality is a structure of humanity, built in by rules and years of combat, and besides...*Tosses her his old copy of Ethics* The matter is sometimes best left up to simple use of your heart, mind, and GUTS! *Jumps away onto the VF-19*

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!