Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Edge of Soul [SoulCalibur]

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Edge of Soul [SoulCalibur]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mingnon on Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:47 am

Note: Before anyone (particularly those familiar with the SoulCalibur series in question) says anything, let's just say that this won't exactly be the final title. How's about we call this a sort of 'pending' title...

Well, having gotten SoulCalibur4, I've been feeling in a sort of SoulCalibur mood, so why not?

As for plot, I've been thinking about how I should go about where it takes place after what game in the series. Having been keeping up with the series since the 2nd installment, I figured why not merge 2, 3 and 4 together? Yeah, crazy, I know...

Anyway, the game begins where SC2 starts as well; Soul Edge is broken into many fragments, and Soul Calibur has fallen into corruption. Those who know of the Spirit Sword's existance seek to purify Soul Calibur and thus put an end to Soul Edge's trail of death and destruction. However, there are others who plan to piece Soul Edge together, either to once again secure the dreaded sword's place, or out of naive belief of its powers. Thus begins a race against one another, with different motives for each individual.

Canon Characters are going to be as of SC4 (excluding guest 3rd party appearances). Since the plot will be that of SC2, characters are going to need a bit of adjusting to adapt to the plot, while maintaning changes appearent in SC4 (though I doubt this would apply to all characters).

As for Original Characters, I don't mind a few, but as long as there are enough of the Canons to balance to balance things out. Moreover, they shouldn't be Mary Sue or have too close of a connection to the main characters.

I'll start on an OOC thread, including a cleaner layout (of course), and a profile sheet, but I felt this needed to be run by on Interest Check to pick up some potential joiners.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mingnon
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: The Edge of Soul [SoulCalibur]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:49 am

MM, do want.

Unfortunately, my favorites (Astaroth, Nightmare and Voldo) don't talk much, if at all.

Plus I've only played the first game. |D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mingnon on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:46 pm

Hm... looks like you have some catching up to do.. ._.;;

How's about Wikipedia? I'm sure that'd help... but then again, I doubt it's much of an excuse for playing the actual thing... >.>;;

Mingnon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Pssh. The only system I've ever had is a Wii. |D

TO WIKIPEDIA

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:18 am

Alright... So this is something I'll be in on 100%! I love soul cal and I've played them all (even 1, which was hard to find and only had a hand full of chrs)...

Anyway, I'd like to take on a huge challenge in asking to play Tira. However, she is one of those characters that needs tweaking since she didn't come in until SC3 and didn't develop split personality syndrome until SC4. But having her doing Nightmare's bidding will add a lot to the story and make for an interesting foe for the characters trying to destroy Soul Cal. Please let me know when this gets off the ground and what you want to do about her role in your plot line.

If you don't want her in the game, my second choices would be Sophitia or Sung Mina (both of which were unlockable characters in SC2)...

I really look forward to this! Thank you for setting it up. :D

reiokami
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mingnon on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:01 am

No problem.

I did read that Tira controls ravens, and since I've seen a few in SC2's intro sequence, I think she'll be right at home.

Mingnon
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Sounds like fun. I want either Kilik or Mitsurugi, whichever you prefer to have in the story.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXSakuRADroPSXx on Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:33 pm

YESSS!! Love this game.
However, I have not (yet) played either SC1 or SC4. Hopefully, that won't cause much of an impediment. Nonetheless, I do understand the gist of the storyline (at least what has been stated in the biographies of the characters - NOT IN THE ENDING MOVIES!!!).
Personally, I feel like OCs would be a tad bit more fitting and gives more way to creative freedom - not being so constricted on the plot detail (which has been already laid out by the games themselves) and also more leeway as to one's own character development, if you get what I mean.
Either way, I personally enjoy the characters Taki, Xianghua, Hwang Seong-gyeong or Maxi - either of them is fine by me.
No matter whether we get to use OCs or CCs, I think this is a really awesome idea for a RP, and I hope to see this flourish!

xXSakuRADroPSXx
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KilroyWasHere on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:43 pm

Woo, the Asian Elvis.

I still want Voldo or Astaroth, though.

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:04 pm

I can't decide if Kilik or Mitsurugi would contribute more. Kilik could contribute because he's the one that actually shattered Soul Edge if I remember correctly... but Mitsurugi more accurately fits my typical character archtype... agh! Can't decide.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby reiokami on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:45 pm

so... has this idea fallen apart or are there real sign ups and Chr profiles else where that I am unaware of? If so, someone should post the links to said pages here so that I can make things offical on my end... I think this is a really interesting idea and would love to see it take shape and soon...

reiokami
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!