Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Elementalists

The Elementalists

a part of “The Elementalists”, a fictional universe by Temperance.

Elementalists and those which are special have always hidden their powers from society, but what will they do when people with different plans start to destroy their homes one by one? Will they stand up and fight? [NEED PEOPLE!!!]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Elementalists”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Elementalists

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadtheWerepire on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm sooooo confused.... Are the other good people in san fran? *too lazy to fully read the posts* there are bits about Christian's poison bombs... aimed at Jet man and wind guy... I mean Cole could easily be the strange thing flying around instead of wind guy who accidentally passed san fran and ended up in LA... but Sam got his by the poison... *SO LOST*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShadtheWerepire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Temperance on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:24 am

I posted a FAIL post x-x
I couldn't go back and read over things like usual to see what exactly is going on, because I have to sleep and yeah Dx.
It was a bit of an all over the place post too sorry >_>;.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Temperance
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Person of Interest Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RoxUrSox on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:12 am

Lol... Well I had aimed the poison at him while he was over San Fran, then he appeared in L.A... I guess those particular Poison "Bombs/Misiles" have a homing effect... Imagined the attack as crescent shaped slices, but I guess I got bomb abilities now too... Heheh. Thanks for the whole acidic remains of the poison idea pretty sweetness.
I think the poison skills are similar to Cobra from Fairytail and the Vongola Storm flame from Hitman Reborn. I will get down to sussing poison out, but the basics are; Poison, Toxic, and Venom. Toxic/Toxins which are natural generated from a biological source and Venom which is natural generated but delivered from the source via application, such as fangs or stings. Got ideas for Poison abilities... but will show them in IC instead xD Don't want you guys learning my tricks now do I? >:]
Posted so I think some heat and conflict should start up... OH HAPPY DAYS! xD

RoxUrSox
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:35 am

Gee now i gotta choose xD Its quite hard actually, cause i base a lot of my character off of their power. For some reason, i kinda liked the idea of lava. i dont know really why though :|
This might take a little more thinking xD
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RoxUrSox on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:19 am

Go with your gut lol... wait.. that's not an element xD... I kid I kid.
Go with what you think will be aight, lets just say that if you chose lava, earth and fire wouldn't be able to control it... just to make it fair xD

RoxUrSox
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:42 am

I woke up from pleasant dreaming to find seven posts to respond to. I really don't mean to sound rude, or mean, or whiny, or angry but I just have to put this out. When there's a group of characters all interacting in one situation with each other, it doesn't help if two or three people make two or three posts but give no time to the last person to make any post to respond. Namely, Zen and Rainbow. I don't mean to point you out on purpose but you just mentioned Vera in your posts and the only thing you see her doing is standing there. That isn't what was supposed to happen. I simply was sleeping (because humans need sleep to function) and did not have the time to make a responding post. Please, for the sake of pacing (because I'm going to start school soon, I won't have nearly as much time as I currently do) please only post once until everyone in that specific situation has posted.

Again, sorry if I seem angry at you, I'm not. It's just a large pet peeve of mine. You can wait for a few hours so someone can get their word in right?

[Edit] Another thing I've just noticed is that all Sam, Allura, and Ereon mentioned Vera to be taller then Allura but that is a lie. Vera is actually shorter. I even mentioned how Vera had to look up so she could see Allura's face. Vera is very very short. Please! I know this is a small detail but missing but skipping small details can lead to huge amounts of confusion later on. The posts are long, I understand, but skimming over someone else post is just a little rude don' you think? I spend a good hour typing up my post and seeing everyone just entirely miss that kinda....yea....D:

....I've been ranting way to much this morning. Forgive me D:

Castella
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowMotorcycles on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Castella: I have to apologize for that whole thing. I just... well I wasnt paying attenion and although that is a really lame explanation I apologize profusely for it. I'm also sorry about the height. When I read that Jen was short, I kind of just made an assumption. I'll be more careful on both of those points from now on. Meanwhile, could you possibly forgive me? I've been so caught up with making my posts long enough that I ramble a bit and mess up the details. I know that this doesn’t make it excusable, but again, I'm really sorry.

Edit: I changed the mention of her being taller. And I would have gotten rid of my post, to try and make it easier... but I'm not sure if you started on a response yet, so... yea... I dont want to mess anything up. Can I say sorry again without sounding annoying?

RainbowMotorcycles
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zen_ink on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Oh man I feel so bad for earth, he's getting whaled on bad right now xD But then again he is the eldest.. so he should probably be able to stand his ground until the rest of the good guys get there
~Imagination is just intelligence having fun.~

Enter the world of THE ZODI ACADEMY... (Now Rebooted!)

zen_ink
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Well that is how you're basic story usually starts out. Evil guys curbstomp good guys, good guys team up and get better, and the rest depends how much the story wants the protagonists to get beat up.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RoxUrSox on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:39 pm

O.o maybe I should have specified on my post that who I wanted the others to go after were the other 4, since I had only seen 2 people use powers at that moment "Wind and Earth". But no matter, I actually think this is better, and it seems like Ice and Steel will go towards the 4 anyway... If my analysis is right xD

Oh and by the way, Earth's friend Jim hasn't died he is safely floating towards the earth with a parachute... On my next post I shall reference to that. xD (Unless you actually wanted him dead? There's no plane left to hit him though since it all disintegrated... So I would have to be creative if you did what him dead xD)

Wonders if we have our 5th evil person yet... Will need to suss that out latter... Argh Why is there roots surrounding my character? Ah... Oh well. Maybe I will wait for Blood to post before I make my next move... I'll wait a bit, but if no post than I'll post something xD

RoxUrSox
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zen_ink on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Random idea for the last element that y'all been struggling with ... how about mind? I know its not exactly an element and I'm also aware that several characters (including my own) have many mind-based secondary magic skills. But I'm thinking kind of a "controller" character of sorts. An element that functions not entirely as its own element but rather through the abilities of other elements. I picture someone with an army of loyal zombie mindslaves (most of them are probably humans that this evil elementalist used his powers on) to do his bidding rather than dirtying his own hands

And/or some sort of absorption/reuse of other elementalist's magics or manipulation of their magic but that may be too strong. Mimicry/copycat is where I'm going here. Pair that in with either the mind ability or possibly Mimicry just being its entire own ability. Maybe take it a step further and allow this person to change his appearance as well

Just a thought xD

zen_ink
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:09 pm

Alrighty then, i shall submit him as lava. I kinda like the idea i have been thinking of anyway.
If that idea is not good enough, ill simply just delete/abandon him and start over with somebody new, kay? :D

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowMotorcycles on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Hey, you guys are looking for a new element right?
I just had a completely random idea. How about the ability to control illusions. Sight as well as sound. It wouldnt be as extreme as mind (No offence, just tossing out ideas) but it would still be pretty wicked. The person who had this power would be able to make people see and hear things that wherent there. It could be used to persuade the opposite team and to help kill/fight people. However, it would be purely phycological; unable to really harm anyone on it's own.
Last edited by RainbowMotorcycles on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RainbowMotorcycles
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RoxUrSox on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:16 pm

I was thinking along the lines of the first idea... however as mentioned it isn't a element and since were elementalist it has to be somewhat relative, as per why I was having a hard time with coming up with another one xD. Don't know about copycat magician, seems like it could get quite out of hand since their potential is limitless with the amount of people they could copy... Probably should save that idea for a boss NPC later on.

You know how like most evil people were approached by a group, (read characters) does that mean that there is an evil organization above our group? Eh... story should work itself out, but just a small theory to spike the minds of everyone xD

RoxUrSox
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:31 pm

The idea of an organization seems fitting. Or even better yet, maybe it could be some kind of worldwide organization that is controlled by a human that has no power for him/herself. I suppose that the little team in San Francisco would be considered the messy team but we could tie in RoxUrSox's previous idea of a grand search of an all-powerful artifact. Then there could be a sudden banding of good and evil (not sure how that'll go) and then massive NPC battle baby! *shuffles*

Of course, there would have to be the pounding out of a few kinks. Example would be why would one join such an organization or what would drive a team of half-insane people to destroy a metropolis such as San Fran.

As for another element....I guess it could depend on the character? There aren't any 'elements' left per say, but it might be interesting for something a bit alchemical power. Just realized that we lacked normal magicians and humans as well...

@Rainbow
I wasn't angry at you. I just wanted to point out somethings is all. They can be quite menial sometimes when faced with posting enough to allow the rp to move along but they happened to be the two things that pushed my buttons the wrong way. I do forgive you. I hope I didn't sound to hard about it. This rp is turning out very well and it should continue on with minimal confusion and no dropping out. While this is my first RP in RPGateway, I've had some experiences with these problems that unfortunately lead to great writers to leave because they couldn't keep up with the small number of people who seemed to ignore the fact that there were many more people participating.

Castella
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Like i said, i just posted my character. If you guys want a different character element, i shall change it :D No harm done.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowMotorcycles on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:08 pm

@Castella: I'm very glad to hear that you arent angry. I would hate to have someone not like me this early into the roleplay D= That would be horrible! And I completely understand where you are coming from. RPs are all about colaboration, and if something/someone messes up it tends to effect everyone. I would really hate for anyone here to drop out because personaly, I think that all of you are super talented.

RainbowMotorcycles
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RoxUrSox on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 pm

O,O Oh didn't see your character in list yet... can't read it yet so I didn't know xD

Well I know my characters reasons for joining the organization, he joined them to be able to spread his philosophy and ultimately perfect society, in his views anyway. Sit back this may take a while.

He believes that humanity (in the fictional world) had stopped progressing/evolving, and that humanity had plateaued into a stand still. Everyone did the same thing everyday, the rich got richer and the poor got poorer, the wealthy thrived and the unfortunate died, corruption was everywhere and greed consumed everyone, there were wars and rumors of wars, and the possibility of the world's destruction at humanities own hands. Christian had seen the true face of humanity, and he wanted to change it to stop the worlds destruction, and humanities demise. He thought that the only way for this was for a greater evil to exist on the world, one which no one could stop by themselves, one which would need the assistance and co-operation of all nations and people. He would become that great evil, he would lead the world into destruction and chaos destroying everything in his path making it necessary for a force to be made to stop him. He knew he couldn't do it by himself so he chose to live his normal life, until that "organization" approached him giving him the tools and manpower necessary to achieve his ends. Christian knows that the group have their own agenda behind it, and might ultimately have to betray them in order to fulfill his goal of creating a Utopian World, where all nations were united and where no corruption or greed could exist. He knew that this was not possible without an enormous source of power to back up that ideal, and so he searches for that ultimate magical item to gain the power to bring to pass his perfect world, for the greater good of mankind. San Fransisco was just the beginning of the destruction, more cities shall be destroyed and more nations shall fear their power, which will give spark to the humans to stop them.

That's basically his motive at the top of my head... there is more to it which I haven't revealed but that is the bare bones basics. xD

RoxUrSox
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby badboyej on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Damn i've been away for too long. >.<

i knew i shouldn't of gone to my cousin's today, besides it was boring there... completely had nothing to do. And to make things worse. He doesn't have a laptop, so i had no chance of checking up on the rp ¬.¬

Sorry for making you guys wait on me... that's if you had too. I'll get started on my post now D;

badboyej
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowMotorcycles on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Okay, so I had to laugh at the post with Vera. She points out such great facts... Well I guess somebody is going to be lamenting their idiocy soon XD

RainbowMotorcycles
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!