Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Elementalists 2

The elementalists 2

a part of “The Elementalists 2”, a fictional universe by badboyej.

This is based on a rp i took part in a while ago. But with a little editing to it and stuff. So yeah... Apples.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Elementalists 2”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The elementalists 2

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm waiting on posts though its only been a day or two so its not dead

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RoxUrSox on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:41 am

I can post but I was sorta busy for teh past day.
(Sister's B-day and all xD)

Will post today sometime xP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RoxUrSox
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:00 am

Ehh. I'll post tomorrow, kinda want to wait for badboy to go first so Jen's post isn't like, totally irrelevant LOL. But tomorrow anyhow.

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby badboyej on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Sorry for the wait guys, i've already tried posting 3 times...and it hasn't let me... -.-

Gonna work on it again.

badboyej
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:50 pm

I will be posting late tonight early tomorrow..

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Is it gonna be the part where he reveals, after all these years, that his last name is really Stu and he has come to save the day by channeling Steven Seagal and Jason Statham through his magical weapon and martial arts, bringing the great clan of Stu back from exile for shameless overpowered fun? Because I'm gonna be honest, I saw that one coming.

As for me I'll wait for a few more posts and if Child hasn't come back by Wednesday, I'm going to be leaving her character to play catch up.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Ha you're quite the bitter comedian Life......

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:07 pm

There's no reason to cross out adjectives. I know it's hard once you've created (Gary Stu)^(Mary Stu) to see the point in balance but it'll eventually occur, regardless of your obvious desire for it not to.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Life you are so........hilarious......

Badboy: I can't wait to read it.

Rox: I can't wait to read it. Poor Darius, turned to dust by a single touch. I can imagine the plots of revenge.

Renmiri: I can hardly wait for your post. I do enjoy Jennifer.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RoxUrSox on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:59 am

Lol Darius didn't die xD
Darius was never alive to begin with... more on that later.
Oh n by the way... since Daniel killed Darius he got bitten but he won't die but now Christian has his real insurance xD
(-pets Darius- good boy >:])

RoxUrSox
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 am

Ahhhh and the tables seem to have shifted.......wow!

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 am

Since Darius isn't a natural snake, as we've discussed, he lacks the ability to sense Daniel in any way (sight, touch, etc.) and Christian isn't able to observe him through Darius either. Add that to the idea that shattering is a quick process and no, you don't get to have your snake retroactively bite me. You need a bit more justification other than "'cause Christian made a promise to and 'cause I said so." So Daniel gets to go about poison free until someone attacks him again.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Noah is about to seriously injure himself and pass out from loss of blood, lol poor guy

I feel bad for Maxi and Jen..........

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RoxUrSox on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Uhm dude just because something isn't "natural" doesn't mean that it has no sentience(feeling). Logical reasoning is not a tool which can be fully utilized within a realm which is not logical so using any form of logic to discredit supernatural actions is as reasonable as discrediting the logical world with supernatural reasoning (Cross criticism; You say since it isn't possible in reality it can not happen in the fictional world. I say because it is the fictional world it is not limited by reality.) You can't argue fiction with reality man... so chill. (Seriously dudes there is no reason for this)

Hey man I'm gonna say this, this is a roleplay so you gotta be able to just play the role and stop trying to control everyone's roles. I control my roles powers, you don't so in all honesty I don't need to justify it to "you" (I will if I wish but no one can really demand reasoning). So in all honesty I could just say, "I wrote it, deal with it", but no one likes a troll like that.

When did I ever say that Christian could not observe through Darius? Never, that's what I thought. Christian can observe via Darius, anyone forgot of "Snake Eyes" (Ever wonder why it is called that? No, it's not because of a Snake's great vision because well their vision isn't actually that great, unless you count their heat vision but that's another story. It's called that because Christian accesses the vision of Darius, which allows him (When Darius is on his person) to view in an almost perfect 360 degree. But when Darius is not on his person then he is able to view what Darius can see. This is because Christian is able to split his awareness between both his vision and Darius's (Wait Darius doesn't have eyes... Christian can split his awareness within his poison and not just Darius, he can only split his awareness between 6 vantage points.)
Darius is made of a synthesized substance(poison) which no one but Christian knows what it's made of (no one knows that Darius is made of poison either, a fact which you neglected). This poison has the ability to change its states of matter(Only three states I won't all possible 5 states) at the whims of Christian. Because Christian's awareness is with Darius, Darius gain's sentience through Christian. This allows Christian to feel and change and act depending on what happens. (Because he can change Darius's state of matter he can stop and slow you're so called shattering... A power which is overpowered "shattering all solid objects" yeah... over powered.)
Because of the combination of Snake Eyes and Celerity Christian's (and Darius's) reaction speed is above any so called shattering breeze so he could change the state of Darius's matter, stopping that power. This would make Darius unable to be destroyed by Daniel via that power (But since you wrote it I will let it slide). Christian therefore made Darius bite Daniel before he was destroyed because Christian changed Darius's state of matter to keep from being destroyed but to bite Daniel became solid and was destroyed after infecting Daniel with Christian's poison. Don't worry Poison won't kill Daniel xD

Tsk... Now here is something else you should remember. When someone foreshadows and forewarns of consequences for actions if you go against that warning you shall receive the consequence (As long as the action and consequence is reasonable under the circumstance). Daniel killed team mate, Christian warned Daniel of consequences, Daniel chooses not to listen to warning, Christian delivers punishment. You chose to not respect the warning so you receive the consequence... Daniel got bitten. No trying to act badass and try and circumvent a consequence... Daniel wouldn't have been bitten if he did not try to destroy Darius, but you didn't listen.

Since it is within Christian's powers and within the reasoning of the fictional world you can not discredit Daniel getting his ass bitten. Argument and criticism denied.
I will not justify any more on this subject if you insist to continue to talk about this you will need the backing of someone else in this roleplay before I consider listening to your continuing criticism. If you get the favor of the GM then Daniel will not be bitten but instead I will explain my case to him as well.
Now because of the imminent raging that will come forth because of this post I will now be writing my post and will only comment on this issue further if pm's from our GM insists me to.

If that is all... Goodnight xD

(Lol sorry wind didn't see your post til now... Noah will be all good later xD)

RoxUrSox
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Fantastic, so we're ignoring other people's powers now. Read my sheet because I interpreted unnatural as anything not pertaining to one's own bodily senses, and since it's my power I get to decide what the specifics are if they follow the rules of character creation. Your poison elemental snake that contains half Christian's awareness isn't a part of his natural bodily senses and therefore is unable to detect Daniel. I can circumvent whatever I want as long as it makes sense, you don't get to circumvent the powers through the use of bullshit.

Labyrinth covers everything from any technological oberservation to Noah's prophesies to your snake vision and to any other observation power I may have missed. Unless a character sees Daniel with his own eyes, or hears him with his own ears, etc. he's completely nonexistent to them. If you decide on rejecting the work other people put into their characters based on no reason other than you wanting poison in Daniel, then I don't see a reason why I bothered.

And since we're calling each other out (one of us more reasonably than the other) there is nothing on your sheet that says you can just transform into a mist of poison, so unless you just generated it and floated away in an incredibly dense purple cloud you've turned into your element which is vastly different from manipulating it. And let us not forget that Darius isn't a sentient being; Daniel cannot create sentient ice creatures, neither can anyone else without that particular power listed, so throw your sentient argument out the window as well.

This isn't a matter of debate or criticism or anything like that. My character is affected by your misconceptions and I don't need a GM to tell me that I'm in charge of my character's details.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:57 pm

All I will say is this.......and it may or may not have anything to do with the above arguments/disagreements.

Realities Rules, Regulations and Limitations belong in Realistic Genre Roleplays.

Fantasy Rules, Regulations and Limitations belong in Fantasy Genre Roleplays.

Observations conclude that this RP, The Elementals 2, is fiction and fantasy genre (unless otherwise noted by the GM); therefore, any realistic limitations are cast out and fantasy limitations are put in its place. We can not justify actions based on realistic rules and regulations. For example, in a fantasy RP, a shadow can kill, but in a realistic RP, a shadow is just a shadow and nothing more. To be honest, realistic limitations don't belong in fantasy genre RPs.

Here are Examples:

Realistic Rules, Regulations and Limitations state that a sword can not slice through solid rock.
Fantasy Rules, Regulations and Limitations state that a sword can slice through solid rock with force behind the swing.

Realistic Rules, Regulations and Limitations state that a whip can not be used as a staff or have a mind of its own.
Fantasy Rules, Regulations and Limitations state that a whip can have a mind of its own, can become as stiff as a staff and be used as one, and can do unimaginable things.

Realistic Rules, Regulations and Limitations state that magic is NOT REAL.
Fantasy Rules, Regulations and Limitations state that magic is real and can encompass many things from conjuring creatures to creating bolts of energy.

------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to use realistic ideals and views, best if you join a realistic RP, not a fantasy one.
Last edited by Wei_Wuxian on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:43 pm

I really did enjoy reading Badboy and Renmiri's posts. I was going to post tonight, but I have to finish these essays and get them submitted.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetna on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:41 pm

I uhh....I'm going to post soon...*Runs away*
Zetna

Zetna
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowMotorcycles on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I'll post soon! =D

RainbowMotorcycles
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Apologies for anything important removed, but I've been forced to remove several sections of posts by several authors due to the violations of our RPG Rules. Primarily Arguing and Disrespect.

And I would please ask the concerned parties to either drop it or take it to PMs.

Primarily, I would like to ask Lifecharacter to please stop the disrespect and insulting of other members. Whether you are correct in pointing something out or not, that does not give you the right to break Gateway's rules.

Thank you all.

Sincerely, Alasund De'astio
Roleplay Gateway Moderator and Scholar
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!