Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Great Space Roleplay Interest Check!

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The 275th on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:56 am

This is an idea for a roleplay I would like to pitch.
Before I get started, one thing I would like to make very clear; Characters will die. The conflicts they come across will kill some of them eventually. For this reason, multiple characters are encouraged, and, in the event your character dies, you are more than welcome to make a new one (possibly even to fill the role of the one that died.)

That said, here is the basic idea. It is a sci-fi RP wherein a multitude of empires have spread across the galaxy. Humanity, in its earlier days, were conquered by one of these empires and forced to work for them as a slave race, thrown into their wars and building their weapons. This was both ill and well, for the technology opened up to them helped them grow as a species. Just a note, no custom races will be allowed, but I plan to have a rather diverse selection drawn from various games and my own ideas.

On the brink of a galaxy spanning war, all communication was suddenly cut. Fleets could no longer reach their bases, planets couldn't contact other planets, and each location was lost in the enveloping darkness of space. Whatever happened, it has been twenty years since that event. Governments have all but collapsed, devolved into planetary ruler-ships and roaming fleets of bandits and pirates. Still no-one knows what caused the sudden loss, but it has given many a freedom that was lost for centuries.

The overall story and history will be much more fleshed out for the actual RP mind, but I'm just giving a basic idea of the theme before I do anything else with it. The players will start on the edge of known space in a primarily Human controlled colony, but one that happens to (thankfully) not be very Xenophobic, allowing for other races to be played. The beginning stages will involve either myself playing a Captain, or else one of the other characters, trying to gather a crew. If a player is controlling the to-be Captain then a ship will be needed as well, but again all of this will be elaborated on once I have a few folks interested and can post the introductory bits.

A final note, the RP will likely be chat based. (Edit: I might actually make it a hybrid forum/chat RP. There will be more details on this with the actual post.) I'll have plenty of tricks and surprises along the way to ensure things stay interesting, and once the beginning stages are out it's largely up to the Captain (and the rest of the crew naturally) to decide where they go; will they travel to the center of the Galaxy, to follow up on rumors of great treasures, untold power, and the secrets of the universe? Will they become pirates, preying on courier ships and dodging local militias everywhere they go? Will they decide to try and slap together a trading and travel company? Maybe work to bring communications networks back online across the system? The possibilities for expansion are pretty massive, though I do have a general direction I will prod the RP in every so often.

So! Who is interested?
Last edited by The 275th on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The 275th
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Great Space Roleplay (To be renamed) Interest Check!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:05 pm

I call the captured-Feline-Alien. <<
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: The Great Space Roleplay (To be renamed) Interest Check!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:20 am

This week's Interest Check of the Week goes to:

Your Interest Check will be stickied with the 'Featured:' title for an entire week!

Congratulations!

Note: Also I'm totes sorry but I removed (to be renamed) from the title. It was too long to add the 'Featured:' portion of it!
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!