Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Harsh Life of a Samurai [IC]

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

The Harsh Life of a Samurai [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:50 pm

(No OOC and no character sheet necessary. You're auto-accepted. Just post a little about your character and let your character reveal themself as the story goes along.))

7 years of life....
Only knowing the life of peace and tranquility....
Holding no weapons and only carries her mother's blue scarf in her hand....

She ran away to meet the blacksmith just before the small village was attacked. At the sound of yelling and cries of pain she looked into the blacksmiths eyes for answers. The blacksmith towered over her and swooped her up with his right arm with such swiftness and gentleness, he carried her to the back of his workshop and said in a deep gruff voice. "Run away from here if you wish to save yourself. Head south to the city of Kipa and hide. Don't tell anyone your true name." He pushed her towards the deserted plains, his face emotionless for he knew that he would face death within minutes. The girl nod her head and looked at the blacksmith with curious eyes. "What should I tell the others when they ask for my name?" The blacksmith closed his eyes for a brief second before answering. "...Snow..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: The Harsh Life of a Samurai [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:11 pm

"Listen to me now you bunch of slack jawed, dill diggers! From now on, you do not have a family. You do not have a Mother. You do not have a Father. I am your daddy, and this is your new family, and what a worthless family it is! Do you understand me diggers!." A rather large man, black in the skin, rough in the face, and sharp in the tongue yelled at the new recruits. He wore a military uniform, plate mail covering every part of his body minus his head and a hefty curved sword at his side.

"My name is Captain Jack Allawa. You drongoes may come to call me Captain Blackjack. Am I understood?!" He yelled at the group. A resulting Yes Sir came back to him. His mouth curved back into a wicked smile. He then began to pace the lines of men stopping at a young man, seemingly about seventeen in age. A scar ran down his right eye and the beginnings of a rough brown beard tugging at his chin. At his sides hung a Saber and a Katana. "What is your name digger? And why are you here?" He asked

"Captain Blackjack Sir! My name is Yuri Honoo Sir! I have no reason to be anywhere else Sir! My family's all dead and I want to put my skills to some use! I have come to die in battle honorably Sir!" Yuri called off to the man. Blackjack smiled at the fire in the man's eyes. "Settle down Blaze," He said referencing the fire in the man's eyes, "you'll get your shot..." He said continuing down the line Barking at a recruit here and there.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:39 am

*18 years old and im sitting crossleged, eyes closed infront of an old man iv come to call master. Its been nearly 15 years since i was taken from the streets and into training. Id spend every day learning and perfecting tecnhiques that still seem foregin to me. I was the youngest of 4 brothers living together helping each other progess and work through our training. It was my birthday soon and i dident feel like celebrating anything. At first this place was a curse, i had spent better days wandering the streets. But after these sessions with master my mind felt less agitated and more relaxed. I was prepared to see this through to the end, no matter how long it took.*
Last edited by Ken Shiro on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:06 pm

After 2 days of wandering, the girl saw what look to be a temple in the distance. She walk towards the temple, her leg shaking and her breathing short and rasped. She had not eaten or drink since that day when she had to run from her home in Uni. Her vision blurred and she stumble sideways but she always caught herself before she stumble too far off and fall. She finally reach the temple door and she use whatever strength she had left and she bang on the door three times and yelled, "ONYANKOPON ADOM NTI BIRIBIARA BEYE YIE!" (Translation: "By the gods grace, all will be well!") She fell to her knees then onto the floor, passed out from lack of energy and strength.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:20 pm

"Dipstick! If you are going to use both them damn swords, you got to learn to use them equally!" Blackjack said popping Yuri on the left arm with the blunt side of his sword. While he wouldn't admit it just yet, the fellow was very good with the swords. Room for improvement yes, but still very good for a rookie.

"You have got to get your left arm faster! If you don't that saber just might as well be a thin ass shield! Now AGAIN!" He said getting in a stance with the sword above his head. Blackjack had picked four of the recruits and was working with them on their fighting skills. The other three was a Indian fellow named Martin, a foreigner with an odd accent named Daniel who called Blackjack a "Bloodeh wanka", and a strange Spanish woman named Isabelle. He had finished with those three, who were now sitting under a tree nursing their bruises.

CLACK! The sound of swords meeting filled the air. Blackjack had came down hard towards Yuri with his sword, and Yuri had managed to block it with his right arm and began to come around with his left. Blackjack just positioned his sword in time to block the left as well. "Ah, very good. But..." Blackjack popped his sword out of the blade lock and whacked Yuri across the face with his hilt. "DON'T GET COCKY! Never let your guard down you damn digger!" He yelled at Yuri who was now on the ground nursing a bloodied nose. Blackjack stood above him shaking his head. But he was proud of this fellow, he blocked a blow that would have broken a normal man's arm and almost got Blackjack. They might be ready for the skirmish...

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 pm

In the broad daylight, a young woman walked in a blood soaked previously light blue kimono and blood dripping from her odashi and her hands. A black eyepatch covered her left eye. Her right eye had a red pupil. Her long black hair was brushed by the wind. She couldnt believe she actually had to go so far and annihilate her entire clan. They had abused her because she knew how to handle a sword as a woman. She just couldnt take it. On the way along the path people called Ichigo a demon or a monster because of her red eye and blood soaked clothes. Many avoided her. She just wanted to search for someone to talk to and to embrace without them fearing that she was a demon or a bad person.
Ichigo noticed a temple in the distance. A girl was banging on the door of the temple. Ichigo walked slowly towards the girl and swayed with her movement. Her eye stared at the girl. It was half open. She noticed the girl collapse in front of the temple. Ichigo rushed to the girl. Suddenly a priest stepped out of the temple and said: "Keep away demon! I wont let you dine on this girl." "Demon? Dont accuse me of being a demon because I am covered in blood. I have been wandering for a day after defending myself from those who want to kill me. I just want to help this poor girl." Ichigo said.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 pm

*My concentration was broken by the sound of yelling outside and then my master gentle clap of his hands as he opened his eyes and began to stand.*

Master;"We will cut this session short today, remember what i have taught you today."

"Yes master, may i remain here for just a while longer?"

Master;"Very well."

*The master walked outside and i retook my postion with crossed legs and closed eyes, i tryed to regain my focus but curosity was one my stronger traits. I took to the door and gently opened the door slightly to see what the yelling was. Master had made his way to the gates and dismissed the priest. He looked down at the collapsed girl and then back up at the other girl standing before him.*

Master;"Forgive Shin, for he is short on manners. You had better come inside and get cleaned up, there are far worse creatures here at night than day."

*He lent over a scooped up the cunconious girl in a cradle position and began to walk to the sleeping quaters with her.*

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:12 pm

"Quietly... Wait til they pass." Blackjack said crouching in the brush. Yuri was beside him behind a tree trying to conceal his body. Nearby, there were Isabelle, Daniel, and Martin as well as the entire regiment. They were watching another regiment of soldiers in dark uniforms move up the road unawares. This was who they were facing. Yuri didn't know what they were called, or why they were fighting. Yuri only had one goal, kill and be killed honorably.

"Alright gents, ready... On my mark." The whispers of blades and other weapon leaving their sheaths filled the air for a moment, then a rumbling yell broke out. "MARK!" The entire regiment flew from the cover of the trees and broadsided the enemy. Yuri lost sight of his comrades as he went into a blood rage, decapitating one soldier and blocking a strike from another. Soon, all emotions except that of anger filled Yuri.

He was unstoppable, his immense grief and anger guiding his blades. He blocked the swords strikes from two opposing soldiers, and flipped the sword away from one and killed him. However, the one on his left took advantage of his off hand and cut him down his chest. Yuri fell to his knees and prepared for the killing blow that was sure to come. Instead he noticed that a throwing knife had pierced the soldier's neck. He looked behind him and the girl, Isabelle stood with a hand outstretched from throwing the knife and a smile on her face. Then her eyes grew wide and the smile fell. Yuri turned back around and was met with a large fist to the face. He blacked out.

When he awoke, he couldn't tell what time it was. Just that it was cold, he was alone, and that he was face down in the dirt. He righted himself and looked around him. There was corpses everywhere, but he didn't see his regiment or the enemies. "They.. Must have left me for dead. Hell, I would have too." he said rubbing his chest. While it wasn't deep, it was still painful. He stood, sheathed his weapons and clutched his chest and set off on his way. To where? He didn't know.

Much later, he came to see a temple in the distance. Wounded, tired, and lost he felt elated and plodded his way on to this temple. He managed to get within sight and saw that there was already two girls and a priest in the door way. He waved a hand towards them and took a step. This was his last step however and he collapsed, letting his tiredness take him. He secretly hoped that the Priest or the girl had seen him...

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Ichigo looked up at the priests and said: "I thank you for welcoming me." She noticed a man collapse behind her and went to help him. She took him inside. Ichigo had to keep her mouth shut about why she was covered in blood. She had done something she saw as justified, while the priests would have seen it as something bad and horrible. The blood on her was that of men, women and children. She was the doom of her own clan. In her bag were some of the heads of the clansmen and women. The only ones left were her, her father and other outcasts of the clan. Ichigo cleaned up herself but it was hard to get the blood out of her clothes. But she also seemed worried about the girl who collapsed earlier. She lifted her eye patch, revealing a scar on her eyelids. Ichigo put the eye patch back on and put a white kimono on that was under the light blue one. She went to see how the other two were doing.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:08 pm

She girl struggle to open her eyes. She open her eyes half way and she look up at the teenager and whisper. "OKODEE MMOWERE." (talons of the eagle) She said using her northern language. She pointed at the teenager that was carrying her then she pointed at his arm representing his muscle. She knew no other language but her northern language. She struggle to stay conscious as she look around trying to remember her surroundings.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 am

*As we reached the sleeping quater i placed her down upon my bed and she began to speak in a language i had heard before.*

-Okodee Mmowere, the symbol of strength and unity, the backbone of what i'am learning. Dose she know this place?-

Master;"Look over her Shiro, i will be back shortly."

*I nodded and the master walked back out the quaters and i turned back to the girl and quickly gathered a bowl of water and a few cloths to clean and dress her wounds. I tryed to remember some words or meaning from her language.*

"Fihankra"

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:52 pm

The girl was scared as she watch the one supposedly called Shiro gather a bowl and some cloth. She let her eyes dart about the room that is until the teen spoke, her eyes shone as he spoke in her language. She sat up straight and bow to him. "Fihanka." She look around the room then her eyes fell on Shiro. "Bi Nka Bi?" She look towards where the Master once was and pointed in the direction where he once stood. "Mate Masie? Nyansapo?" she asked curiously then look at Shiro and smile.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Ichigo was eavesdropping and heard the two talk in a foreign language. She showed herself and said: "Hmmm. Language sounds very familiar. That girl must be from the north. She is probably from a place just a bit further from where I am from. I only can speak dialect. Sho Hanka sho." Ichigo hoped that the girl would understand her dialect and smiled.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:26 pm

"Why!" Yuri yelled sitting up in a cold sweat. "What?" he said groggily looking at his surroundings. "Where?" He said once more as he noticed he was in a temple of some sort. That's right, he remembered the temple. He must have collapsed outside and someone must have brought him in. His hand went to grab the saber at his side out of habit, but grabbed nothing but air. "How?" he asked, noticing that his shirt was missing and the cut on his chest was bandaged. His hand went over his heart where his tattoo lied. The tattoo was an upside down spade with the words "For luck" under it.

He clumsily rose to his feet and began to carouse the halls. After a bit of wandering he came to a room with the girl that had brought him in, a smaller, younger girl, and a monk looking man. "Eh, 'Ello..." He said leaning heavily against the doorway, covering his wounded chest with an arm. "None of you would happen to know weapons -and shirt- are? It's a blue one with the symbol of a hawk inside a halo? It's my regiments symbol... Ah, my name's.. Yuri?" He said anxiously.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:55 am

"Oh you woke up. I was wondering how you were. Your stuff should be in the neighboring room. I am Ichigo. Dont be afraid of my one remaining eye. Lost my other eye in a fight two days ago. But I dont want to talk about annihilating my whole clan which abused me for years for being a female swordsmaster. I am now looking for someone who cares about me and my outcasted father. Whats your story? Why were you heavily injured?" Ichigo said.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:24 am

*I nodded as the girl spoke and placed my hand on the floor where the master stood.*

"Adinkrahene"

*I smiled back at the girl in relief she could understand me, i hoped i would be able to keep it up, i hadent spoken or heard the language in many many years. I picked up a small bowl with water in and held it out to the girl. I stood up and turned to the others.*

"Welcome, your swords will be in the armoury. For the sake of safety they will be kept there untill you feel fit to move on, weapons are only removed from the armoury for training purposes."

*The master entered the room again*

Master;"Shiro, you may return to your training now. We should let our guests rest for now."

*I nodded and made my way to the traning ground just behind the sleeping quaters, and removed my robe leaving my sash and trousers on. I stood still quietly in the middle of the ground with my palms against each other and bowed my head. After gaining my focus and began running through a routine unleasing a flurry of punches and kicks, jumping through and air performing flips and attack after attack while keeping extrodinary grace and persicion in each strike i made.*

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Snowdrift on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:07 pm

The girl took the bowl and she turn her head to the others. She notice the girl with the eye patch and the young man who look as though he was wounded. She sat there quietly as she watch the Master enter the room. She stood up and bow respectfully to the master. "Adinkrahene." She watch Shiro walk away and she follow him to the training ground, all the while holding the bowl of water in her hands.

Once at the training ground, she sat down in the shade of a tree and watch him with great interest then she jump up and point at him, yelling, "Okodee Mmowere!" She ran to Shiro and she try to copy off of him but her lack of energy made her stumble all over the place. She stop and pointed at herself. "Okodee Mmowere!" She got into her fighting stance, a stance that represent the Winter Eagle of her clan. Her fingers, represented the talons of the Winter Eagle and her face showed extreme concentration. She did a series of punches and high kicks before she stumble backwards and fell on the ground. She smile and pointed at Shiro. "Nkyimu." She said then laugh.

Snowdrift
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:29 pm

"Nonsense... I feel fine." Yuri said as he slowly slid down the door jam into a sitting position at the base. "Well, maybe not spot on.. But still." He said as he realized his new sitting arrangement. "What's my story? It's an awful one love." He said to the girl. "Let's just say for now that I am a soldier in the army under the Hawk Division. My Captain is a Jack Allawa. We were on an ambush mission against the enemy, some fellows in dark armor. Well, the ambush apparently worked out fine for my regiment, but not so well for me. I had gotten cut -clearly-" He said pulling his arm away from his wounded chest. "And punched the hell out." He finished rubbing his face. He just remembered why it hurt.

"At any rate I came too, and noticed that I was the only living thing on the field, began walking, and before I knew it here I was. My story before the army is a bit... more sad." He said with great pain in his voice.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ken Shiro on Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:42 pm

*I smiled as she stood next to me and mimic me. I turned to face her and put my hands on her back and arm.*

"Na me mmoa wo"

*I slightly adjusted the position of her arms and legs and straightened her back. I then retook me position next to her and matched our stances. I slowed my movements so she could follow.*

"Nea onnim no sua a, ohu"

Master;"You are more than welcome to stay here for as long as you wish, this is a haven for those who seek it. There are few rules but they are not be broken, the students here must maintain their training and they cannont be distracted. During the day they must keep to their routines. We have 4 students you have already met the youngest, Shiro, and the eldest, Shin. The others do not show their faces often. You are free to use our training facilites as you see fit, but as our youngest has already said. We do not allow weapons within any other areas."

Ken Shiro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:24 pm

"Thats sad to hear." Said Ichigo to Yuri. "I grew up in a clan. My father taught me swordfighting but when my clan found out, my father became an outcast. From then on, I was often hit and abused by my family. I kept on training until the day came where I would destroy my bad clan. That was two days ago. I didnt spare anyone and lost my eye. The corpses cant be identified because I hid their heads. My clan should be forgotten. Now I would rather talk about something else." Ichigo said and smiled.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!