Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The High Life

The High Life

a part of “The High Life”, a fictional universe by burning.

Based in the Gossip Girl universe. Manhattan's upperclass teens are once again dealt an unfair hand as an anonymous blog is created, detailing all of their dirty little secrets.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The High Life”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The High Life

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:22 pm

@Skulduggery, No worries I completely get it. Don't feel like you have to rush, just get him done when you can. From what I can see so far he looks great :-)

I also have a second character to finish anyway, so I may need another day to get him done too.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

burning
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fangurl on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Role: The Social Butterfly || Face Claim: Kristina Krayt || Hex Code #FFB8C2

Being an only child raised by a single mother, Moriah has seen what loneliness looks like having a front-row seat to her mother's life for the past seventeen years of her life and she knows that that is not a life she wants for herself. As a child, although she was homeschooled up until she finally got her mother to compromise with her allowing her to go to Constance Billard's School for Girls as opposed to your average public school in the Big Apple—Moriah was always involved in some kind of activity that got her out and about and interacting with peers her own age. Her entire family has always prioritized their privacy over everything; including their wealth, which is something that Moriah has never personally cared for. She is happiest when she is surrounded by people and she has always been the type of person who had no problem going out of her way to take an interest in and befriend another person. While she admires her mother's hustle and respects the woman too then utmost—when talking about 'relationships', her mother is the last person Moriah is trying to emulate.

Role: WIP || Face Claim: Cody Christian || Hex Code: #0040FF
WIP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fangurl
Member for 8 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:51 pm

@Fangurl, You're reserved! Excited to see what you do with your characters.

burning
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rubytuesday on Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Hello, again! Since there's a new spot open now, I'd love to resubmit my reservation with all the same details, please! I'm not sure what her 'the ____' will be, but I'll think of it ASAP and let you know! :D

rubytuesday
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:31 pm

@RubyTuesday, No problem! She's reserved for you :-)

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunflower on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:06 am

@burning
Expect my characters up by Tuesday or Wednesday night at the latest. Sorry if that's too late.

Sunflower
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sapphire. on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:40 am

So. Liam's done, I'm sorry it took so long, I was between work and drama with exes. So, I'm glad I finally have a few days off so I could finish.
Image Image

sapphire.
Member for 7 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawfulAnnon on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:30 am

ImageImage
FC: Jeremy Irvine | Hex Code: #854008 | Role: Boy WIP (I'd like either Social Climber/New Money/Nouveau Riche, I couldn't find a great word to describe it)

There are many names to describe Tristan Dupond, but the easiest word would be 'New Money.' Born to French immigrants, Tristan lived a typical poor boy's life. He explored the city without worrying about paparazzi or what brands he was wearing. Tristan was the type of child some well off children looked at with either envy or scorn. He was too free, and too wild. His mother worked long hours as night cleaner for a former football player turned sports agent. Tristan's father worked construction, but with both parents trying their best to provide for themselves and their son it became too much. Tristan's father left the family due to the stress without telling either of them. Tristan was miserable after his father abandoned the family and his mother was even more distraught. When Tristan turned thirteen, something crazy happened. His mother's boss ended up having to stay late for work and met Tristan's mother. It was love at first sight. What should've been amazing was terrible for Tristan. He suddenly propelled into a higher class who did not want to mingle with someone they considered lower. Tristan and his mother are seen as gold diggers to the elite due to their previous low status before marrying to a wealthy, more well-off man. To add even more stress, Tristan's father decided to come back and is seeking to reconcile with ex-wife and son.

LawfulAnnon
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:24 am

@Sunshine and Whiskey, That's perfectly fine, I look forward to seeing them!

@blueiridescence, He's great and has been accepted :-)

@LawfulAnnon, Love his backstory, you're reserved.

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:20 pm

this rp looks really interesting! I'd love to join, but since there are already sixteen (?) characters, I wasn't too sure if I could reserve a character anymore. @burning if you're willing to open up another spot or two for me, let me know ^_^ if you think the rp's too full, that's fine as well. happy roleplaying!
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE

Korruption
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Inspiration Person of Interest Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:04 pm

@Korruption, Thank you so much for your interest! As it stands I don't think I would want to open up anymore spots as we have already grown pretty substantially since I made the RP, I'm sorry. However if you would like, I'd be more than happy to send you a message if any spots open up/anyone drops out.

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:40 pm

that's cool. If any spots open up, I'd love it if you could send me a PM! nonetheless, I wish this roleplay great success :P

Korruption
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Author Inspiration Person of Interest Tipworthy Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korruption on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:38 pm

N I S H I M U R AXA K I O
faceclaim; Baek Juho - SF9xxxdialogue; #9c4366xxxthought; #6f9989xxxrole; the transfer student

Nishimura Akio, fourth child of Nishimura Kentaro, was born into the limelight. His father was an economic giant and his siblings were all popular with the media, one way or another. Nishimura Akio knows exactly what he wants and how he will get it - he doesn't believe that something as little as being the youngest sibling should stop him from surpassing the rest of them. Akio, while incredibly ambitious and admittedly competitive, doesn't have many enemies among the general masses due to the magnetic charm he and his siblings share. He often is quite likable, but a trait that isn't brought to light very often is his disloyal tendencies. He stays with something until it no longer benefits him, and then Akio leaves it out to dry.

Akio was leading a good life in Japan, in reality. He and his older sisters weren't too close, but he had a strong rapport with his only brother, who was a K-pop idol, despite being Japanese. Akio, however, has a rather distant relationship with his parents, and for a good reason. Although he's the legitimate heir of Nishimura Kentaro, he doesn't share the same mother as his older siblings do. In actuality, Akio's older siblings are really his half-siblings. Of course, the public doesn't know this. Only his half-siblings, his father, his true mother, and the woman forced to act like Akio was truly her son.

Kentaro's wife wasn't going to put up with it anymore. She didn't necessarily hate Akio with a burning passion, but she despised the fact that she had to pretend that he was her biological son even though Kentaro was the one who fucked up. Of course, the couple couldn't break apart - too much controversy. Kentaro's wife grudgingly accepted to stay with her husband, on one condition; she wouldn't have to associate herself with Akio. Therefore, Akio was sent to America under the guise of being a transfer student learning to rough it out in another country.

@everyone hey guys ^_^ Fangurl was kind enough to give me her male character, so I'll be joining you in this roleplay if burning accepts my reservation.
Last edited by Korruption on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Korruption
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 am

@Korruption, I love that idea! Jealous I didn't think of it myself ;) He's reserved for you.

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby burning on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:17 am

@Everyone, Just a heads up guys, I'll be posting a relationship thread tomorrow but don't worry about rushing to finish the RS as it's really just something for those with completed characters to have to do while they wait for the rest of us.

burning
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chanelindistress on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 am

Hi, guys! burning has allowed me to reserve two roles that were going to be opened up again, so I'll be joining if burning likes my ideas ^_^

Image Role: The Rebel || Dialogue Color: #C35817 || Face Claim: xo_franny_xo

Unlike a number of peers, Nurys' life was not always financially secure or even safe for the body or soul. By the time she was born, she was not brought up into the world of annoying paparazzi, million dollar penthouses and adoring fans that her mother had in mind. Nurys was born into a world with a mom who would later develop a drug addiction, various hotel rooms that served as homes until her mother, Christina, used up all her favors, and the continuation of promises that things would be better. But they didn't get better, not when her father abandoned them when Nurys was six and her half-brother was four. And especially not when her mother died of an overdose two years later, unaware that it would be her eldest who would find her body first. Even after all of the things she experienced after initially losing contact with her brother and her mother's former best friend and partner-in-crime, Nurys has emerged from it all ever-resilient and seemingly prepared for all that the world is ready to throw at her now that she is in pursuit of the same claim to fame that her mother once had. The difference is that Nurys is a touch smarter than her classmates like to give her credit for, smarter than what her mother ever was, even. Her elevator might not go all the way up in the way that it does for a few of her other peers and she's probably the last one anyone would call a good girl, but the one thing that no one can take from Nurys is that she's resilient and hard-pressed to get what she believes is hers. At least she can say she fucked some shit up along the way. Let's just hope the demons from her past - and that of her brother's - don't come after her.

Image Role: The Sweetheart || Dialogue Color: #4E8975 (might change this to a gold or something) || Face Claim: Bryshere Y. Gray

Ivan has never known his biological father and the only one he did know left him and his big sister when he was four, and while he would like to cling to those memories as they're the only ones he has, how much credit do you want to give to the man who left you with enough unpleasant memories to stamp out the joy that comes from the others? The one thing that sets him apart from his sister after all these years is that unlike Nurys, Ivan has not come out of things jaded, not really at least. He has bitterness, but his peers can easily say that he's a rather nice guy. A little bit haunted, sure. But at this point, what he has now with Miss Michelle is a hell of a lot better than what he had down South. And if it just so happens that he slinks behind his sister's protective shadow more times than naught, then so be it. She's always been the stronger of the two. However, what needs to be acknowledged is that while Ivan will definitely follow Nurys' lead, their goals are entirely different and eventually he's going to need to stand his ground better if he's going to get the closure from their past that Nurys thinks she'll find on the center of the stage. Besides, while they both got into Constance and St. Jude's respectively because of Miss Michelle's influence and relationships with members on the admission boards, Ivan was the one who's test scores were too phenomenal to be ignored, especially with the life he led before arriving in New York.

chanelindistress
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Person of Interest Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawfulAnnon on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:50 am

I've finished Tristan! I'll try to send out some relations tomorrow!

LawfulAnnon
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Visual Appeal Tipworthy Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hopeiisms on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:21 am

Hey @burning, I'm sorry Primrose is taking so long. School was a bit busy this week, but everything's sorted now. I should hopefully have her finished by tonight. If not, tomorrow is a definite!

Hopeiisms
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sunflower on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:02 pm

@burning
I am having trouble turning in my characters for their WIPs. FML. It keeps saying something along the lines of 'This roleplay does not have any places' or something like that.

It's weird because I never had this problem before and I wonder if it's just me. :/

Sunflower
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yukoman997 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Are you full?

yukoman997
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!