Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Kingdom of Twilight

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Kingdom of Twilight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Swift.Arrow on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Niki slept late and had just enough time to follow Alisia as she knocked into Jast. He led them to breakfast. Niki ate in silence and glanced uneasily at Jast. She didn't know him very well and decided to stay quiet.
So as long as there is a moon, Flowers will never die, and niether will us wolves. -Wolf's Rain
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Swift.Arrow
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:04 pm

OOC: back in the city, for my character.

IC:

It had not taken long for Sato to learn every inch of the city, to examine and absorb every detail of its most innermost workings. Now she strolled its perimeter just daring more of Grimaces guards to come find her. it had ben a bloody encounter last night, although she was light enough on her toes that the dunces had done most of the damage to themselves...

Morning gripped her and she breathed deeply. What about this wise man? She needed to know more...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:09 pm

Alisia was taken by surprise byt the sudden fall, she blushed slightly when she was grabbed by the waist. "Its alright," she smiled at him, and followed him to breakfast.
"I love this crazy sometimes almost magic, awful beautiful life"

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:24 pm

Breakfast was laid out for them when they got there. It was a big meal, the King made sure of it. He usually went the extra mile for Jast the day of an adventure.

"So, are you all ready to go out today? If there's anything you need let anyone of these guys," he motioned to the servants ", know and they'll get it for you." Jast had long since lost remorse from ordering servants around. In fact, he was friends with a lot of them.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Sato stood and looked up at the regal castle, her hands slipped into her pockets as she took in the large gothic structure. She had spent a day in this place, and had not met the ruler of this fair realm...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:31 pm

"I'm all ready," she responded, and began to eat her breakfast. It was wounderful, she forgot she hadn't seen a real meal in a few days, or eaten one for that matter. "Oh! I almost forgot..." she bent down to bring up a large book on the table, "The wise man gave this to me..."

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:35 pm

Jast starred at the book, it was big enough to almost need a horse all to itself. "Did he say what we needed to do with it? We've not the time to read it all." Jast said as he took another bite of bacon. It was a miracle this slender girl had managed to carry that thing all around the city.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InnocentXangel on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:45 pm

Alisia shook her head, "No, he just kind of handed it to me..." She looked up at Jast searching his face, woundering if he had any answers. She quickly fillped open the book revealing the first page, it was dusty, causing dust to fly up into the air. "It's in an odd language..." she mumbled her eyes glued to the page, there was a strange lettering on it, similar to shapes, but none Alisia had ever seen before.

InnocentXangel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Akishra was in the stable, brushing down her bay mare Shehrasin. Although Arabian horses such as Shehrasin were prised in her land, her mother had managed to get one -- and they had been lower class. Thinking back to the fight last night, Akishra remembered being told she was a very good fighter. Smiling somewhat to herself, she wondered if that was true. She frowned when she remembered the reason she'd learned how to fight.

Brushing a knot out of Shehrasin's coat, she remembered her sister, Arianna, being jealous of it. Akishra had been sure to take the three year old for a ride every day, though it hadn't lasted long -- Arianna's death had been only a few months later. Akishra rested her head on the mare's side momentarily as she pushed that thought to the back of her mind, then continued brushing.

She wondered where everybody else was.
S'ereht on yaw M'i lamron...S'ti em.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Auriar on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Eating really brought up his mood. Dalan puts out the fire and washes his hands in the stream. He picks some leaves and a strip of bark from a nearby tree. He sits down and weaves them together, making himself a hat. "Maybe i can get some sleep during the day." yawning sleepily. He sits down for a while and watches people go by, he sees a family of mother and kids, apparently starving. "Wait up" Dalan shouts at them. Dalan picks up the fish and runs it over to them. "You guys need this more than i do, i can always fish for more, enjoy." Dalan turns around and heads back to where he was sitting. "I guess helping those less fortunate can't hurt me" He ponders. He falls asleep shortly after, having his hat pulled over his eyes and his cloak wrapped around him.
No i am not a bad person.

Or am I?

Nah.

O rly?

Auriar
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Akishra decided to take Shehrasin for a ride. Jumping on her bare back, placing her hands on either side of the base of her neck, she urged her into a canter, then, briefly, to a gallop. After that, they slowed down again, cantering through the town. They approached as a man gave some fish to a starving woman and children, then passed him as he slept under a tree. She turned Shehrasin around, walking back to an area just infront of the man, and jumped off, bending down. There was a mouse -- a little white mouse. Immature, too. You'd be a teenager if you were a human, wouldn't you? she thought to the mouse. No...Younger. Poor thing. Standing up, cupping the mouse in her hands, she jumped lightly back on Shehrasin, and put the mouse in a pouch at her hip. As she did, she nudged the picture of her mother and sister, and paused for a moment as she picked it up, looking at it, feeling hollow inside.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:21 am

Sato walked thrice around the perimeter of the city, daring someone to step in front of her and demand to know why she, who was so obviously from the High North, was here down in these realms. It was indeed a dark and dangerous tale. She was no fool, she knew that even this far south the city was kissed by magic, she could smell it in the air. A caster had recenty been at work, as she walked through the town square she knew she could smell the pungeant odor as it filled her nostrils...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:50 pm

Akishra finally put the picture away, though she still didn't feel much better. Directing Shehrasin back towards the castle, she met Sato walking the perimiter of the city.

'...Hey,' she said, knowing her feelings showed through plainly in her eyes.

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:24 pm

"Greetings..." Sato threw a casual glance at the horse, "I see in our short time apart you have found yourself a steed. Mine waits at the outskirts of this realm, he cannot walk freely here without causing much panic."

The hafling sighed, "Strange antics, last night. it was good of you to be my fellow warrior in that situation. Tell me, what more have you found out about this wise man?"

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:31 pm

'Oh, Shehrasin isn't new,' she said. 'I've had her since I was about five or six.'

Akshra heard her ask about the wise man, and shook her head. 'Nothing. I only came out here to give Shehrasin some excercise and to clear my head. Our best bet would be to ask somebody in the castle about it.'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:38 pm

"Aye, after our escapades last night i do wish to know why the general population is so keen on breaking us in." Satora tapped her chin thoughtfully, "Do they do this to all guests? It is certainly a mystery. Someone has been weaving dark tendrils of magic here in the square, as well. I know not if you are oblivious to the winding threads of power that cross over and beyond the realms..." The elfkin let her voice trail off and her eyes flitted across the scene as she gathered her thoughts to continue, "And yet we are here....chaff on the wind, or do we have a purpose? Shall we go to the castle?"

OOC: Brb sorry...

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akishra on Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:48 pm

(OOC: Alright)

Akishra nodded. 'I have an odd feeling about here, and so does Shehrasin, but I can't pick up directly on the magic. It certainly is worth pursuing...' Turning Shehrasin towards the castle, she said, 'Shall we go in?'

Akishra
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Qetzo on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:11 pm

After a good nights rest Chris woke up dressed himself and made a makeshift cloth covering for his new sword which he named Drauang. Exiting his room and walking down the stairs he sat at the counter and asked the manager for some breakfast after the hearty meal he asked him โ€œDo you know of anything or anyone that can provide some excitement for me?โ€ The manager replied โ€œWell if its it information you seek you should ask the Wise Man they say he knows everything there is to know.โ€ Chris intrigued asked โ€œDo you happen to know were I can find this Wise Man?โ€

Exiting the tavern with the knowledge of were the wise an was he took to the streets following the managers directions halfway there he passes the gates to the castle.

Qetzo
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:40 pm

"You there," Jast pointed to one of the waiters, "Could you do me a big favor and take this book to the castle library? See if anyone there can translate it? Thank you," Jast said politely as the waiter picked the book up and walked out the door. "Oh, and if anything is learned alert me through my ring." The ring, which bore the crest of the twilight, could be used as a magic communicator. Very few had them. The castle scientist/librarian, the royal family, and the head of the knights.

"We should be on our way, ladies if you'll follow me." Jast held the door open for both of them. When Alisia passed by he smiled and gave her a slight nod. There was something about her that Jast liked. He barely knew her and he already felt like he would die in the forest protecting her. "Our horses are ready. Is there anything you need before we leave?"

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:41 pm

"Aye, I'll go with you." Sato felt she owed a debt to this woman, "You and i crossed blades in the same name this past eventide, that alone is a bond. Shall we?"

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!