Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Light Of Truth (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: The Light Of Truth (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Lacey made a slight sound as she was suddenly lifted. "B-But..." She sighed softly as she was set down in her bed. She laughed softly at Kevin's words, however the laughter quickly turned into coughing. She frowned gently. "Dammit. I really hate this..." She whispered softly, closing her eyes for a moment. She looked around the room, hoping Jasper would bring some water soon; her throat was on fire now. Biting her lip, she closed her eyes for a moment. She really wanted to sleep some more, but knew that was pretty much impossible now. If she tried, she wouldn't be able to sleep, and she would cough too much for her to even fall asleep.
Hey Jerk-FaceYou There

I Effin' Love You

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Jasper ran into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator. Jasper went back into the main chamber and Mack threw a bottle of cough suppressant at him. Jasper ran back to the room.
"I got the water." They were already helping her to her bed as he entered the room.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falconpaaawnch on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:49 pm

June stepped back as Kevin lifted Lace's frail body and set it on the bed. For a moment June continued staring where she had fallen, his back towards the two girls. If they all kept this up, Lumiere wouldn't get anywhere. At the sound of her coughing, June turned to look over his shoulder. He wasn't exactly the type to move without the whole team ready, but if they couldn't get Lace some type of cure then heavens knew when they'd get anything done. As soon as he saw Jasper's figure, he briskly snatched the bottle from him, and walked over to Lace opening the bottle for her and handing it to her.

"Honestly, aside from Lace's sickness, what's going to happen about our plans? We can't post-pone this any longer. You all know it. We need a decision as to what we're going to do. It's not just for me, but it's for the rest of the Lumiere as well." June was getting impatient, he began pacing back and forward across the room glancing at Kevin and Jasper for some sort of answer.

falconpaaawnch
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Lacey sighed softly. "Go through with the plan. I can stay behind." She said, sounding slightly bitter as she looked down at her legs. She sighed, taking some of the medicine. It soothed her throat slightly, and she closed her eyes for a moment, leaning back against the wall. Clearing her throat, she spoke up, "I can watch over things here, and get some rest since nothing ever happens here. Here are the blueprints of the place, and then some escape routes and ways to get in." She told them with a nod of their head, handing over the sheets that were under her bed. She placed them on the bed, sitting on her knees for a moment. "Go through here to get in. Its on the upper level that looks down into the area where they're meeting. There will be guards, but they can easily be taken out. Take a few teams and go here, and here as well. There are stairs here, here, and here." She said, pointing things out on the blueprints. "If things get messy you can go out through here, or here." She said, pointing to two areas. "This one you could go through, but I wouldn't recommend it. Its a pretty steep drop into some dangerously cold water." She added, pointing to the last one. "You should go tomorrow night probably, just to scope it out." She added.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:27 am

Kevin grinned, flicking her fingers in excitement. “Recon: send me. Nothing better to do. Assuming you want a small team that can get in and out fast without being noticed. I’m good.” She paused, breathing deeply as if she had noticed her clipped talking. When she spoke again, it was slow and measured. “At least, I can get there fast and get out quicker than any of your humans. And I can hold my own in a one on one fight better than anyone here. Problem is, as I’m sure you’ve all already thought of, is that it would be hard not to notice a wolf the size of a… well, you get it.”

Her grin, which had appeared when Delacey mentioned scouting, had slowly faded as she talked. Now it was a frown. “ ‘Course, don’t want to seem like I can make the decisions around here. Although, I do suggest that you hold a meeting tonight so whoever is being sent can have time to prepare. Again with the orders. My apologies.” She bowed at the waist in an exaggerated manner and then turned on her heel to stride to the door, a wolfish grin on her face.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:04 am

Lacey nodded faintly, thinking it over slightly. "Well, I wouldn't send you alone though. It would probably be a team of three to five people, five at the most." She told her with a nod of her head. "And its alright, don't worry." She added with a smile as Kevin apologized. "I'll hold a meeting, don't worry." She told Kevin with a nod of her head as she lay back on the bed slightly, eyes closing gently. She was still exhausted for some reason. Coughing again, she covered her mouth with her arm, sighing once the coughing subsided. She bit her lip gently, staring at the ceiling as she thought the plan through again in her head. It seemed like a good enough plan in itself, but every plan had flaws.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Zack smiled as he enterred the room where Lacey was laying on a bed, sick and coughing something fierce. He had seen her earlier, but wasn't going to make a big deal out of it in public. "Still sick, Lacey?" He asked. He had always been called Puppy by her, apparently because, as she put it...'Zero attention span, as restless as a little puppy.' He smiled as he sat down on the corner of the bed. He had wondered on many ocassions if she harbored the same feelings for him that he had for her. He smiled down at her "Strategizing, even from your sick-bed." He said with a smile. "Hey, what, not excited to see your puppy?" He asked playfully, smiling and putting a strong hand on one of her shoulders, as if to reassure her all would be all right, even with her here, sick. He had two clips in the back of his light armor, the clips attached to two holes on his large greatsword, which he had named Vengeance, because of his past. "You know, sometimes I think you fake being sick when you're around me, just so your little puppy doesn't try and play with you." He said, giving her a soft, playful shove.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Lacey couldn't help but smile as Zack came into the room. "Yeah, sadly." She said with a faint smile as she looked up at him. She laughed softly. "Of course I'm excited to see you; I'm just exhausted right now." She told him, then rolled her eyes faintly. "You know I wouldn't fake sick. If I could, I'd get better faster." She said with a sigh, looking down at the floor for a moment before back at him. Lacey smiled a bit more, looking at him again. "And I'm not even going to begin to try and figure out what you meant by that last comment, right now my head is killing me." She said, bringing her knees up to her chest, and resting her chin on them. She smiled a little at him, "I'm trying to figure out who else to send to go scope out the area."

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:25 pm

"Hmmm...I'm not a strategist, so don't look at me for help." He said with a smile. "I intend on staying here today, it's good to be back..." Zack said, stretching his arms out. He had been gone for the past few months, he took trips like these every year or so, and no one knew why. Except for himself. Many people asked him, many people tried to get him to tell them. He never would say a word. He wasn't one to get his personal business mixed with The Light Of Truth, and no one could really complain when he took the trip every two or three years, he put in just as much hard work and effort, if not more, than everyone in The Light Of Truth. "I personally don't think anyone comes to mind for me...You know I'm only good in battle, other than that I'm just a dumb little dog." He said with a smile, rotating his shoulderblade to release the tension from his heavy blade. On his belt loop was a pouch looped through three different loops, it carried small, sharp, throwing daggers.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Lacey smiled a bit. "I know." She said, then nodded. "Okay, good." She herself had been trying to find out where he'd been going, but in subtle ways. "So, did you have a good trip?" She asked with another slight smile as she looked at him. "And I know." She added. "Puppy, not a dog. A dog is more mature and smarter." She teased lightly, laughing. However, the laughter soon turned into coughing. She covered her mouth with her arm quickly, closing her eyes tightly as she waited for it to pass.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:52 pm

He hated to see her sick, it tore him up inside, because in his mind's eye, he imagined her as more than just a friend. He smiled and brushed hair out of her face. He set his hand down on her forehead, then both cheeks. "You have a bad fever, Lace...You need to rest, leave June or someone else to deal with the strategies, OK? I'm going to stay in here, to take care of you, if you need anything, just call. Puppy's the word." He said, smiling and sitting himself down in a chair near her bed. "Besides, I think myself pretty smart, so I'd definetely be a do--WHOAH!" He started, but was interrupted by him sitting down a little too far forward in the chair, and he slipped forward, landing on the ground. "OK, maybe I'm a puppy..." He said, getting up and sitting in the chair, glancing at her, he chuckled slightly.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Lacey let out a small sigh of relief as the coughing subsided. "N-No." She said, shaking her head softly, despite her whole body shaking. "I need to help out too. I don't care if I'm sick, but I need to help in any way possible." She then frowned gently. "I'm fine. Really. Just a little bit sick." She knew that was a total lie, but didn't really care at the moment; she didn't want to be pitied, or have anyone afraid she was gonna drop dead soon or something. She would be fine... She hoped anyway. She laughed a little as he fell to the floor, smiling. "I told you." She said with a smile.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:20 pm

"No, I insist, you're staying in bed. Don't even bother trying to fight me on this one, I will lock that door and hold you down myself, just to make sure you get rest!" He said, smiling at her. His voice took on a more caring tone, than the playful one he had before. "Look, Lace, I actually care about your health, so, please, for my sake, will you rest today?" He asked, getting up and sitting down on the bed, so he could look right at her. "I really do not care if you'll be fine or not, I want you to rest...Please. For me?" He asked, his tone slipping into the normal caring and loving tone he took on when was around her and only her, he had a feeling she had noticed before, but, he was just waiting for the day she would return those feelings, if that day ever came. It seemed like such a far-off dream to him, her being with him...No he didn't think it would happen anytime soon, or ever, for that matter, but, who knows, love works in mysterious ways.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Lacey opened her mouth to protest. She then closed it. "Fine. I'll rest. For a few hours." She said with a sigh. That seemed like a good enough compromise for her; she'd rest for a few hours, and just lay in bed for that time. "But after that times up, I'm going to actually get up and move around." She added, nodding faintly. She had noticed it, but didn't think anything of it. She just figured he was being really nice or something; nothing more. She closed her eyes as she lay back on the bed, shaking her head. "I really don't think this is actually going to help though..."
Last edited by DeadlyxSunshine on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Otiena on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 pm

King Thanos sat on his throne of palladium and rubies, his ornate daily circlet, also palladium and twisted to look like thorns with ruby drops of blood bobbed up and down as he rubbed his temples. Caerwyn had been seeking an audience with the King, and after days of avoiding her, he had finally acquiesced, much to his chagrine.

"Witch, I would be happy to leave your sisters in the south alone if only they would submit to me. They have made it very clear with their attack on my Fall Festivale that they are utterly uninterested in yielding. They have no place except oblivion if they will not submit."

He looked at her sternly, "You most of all should know this, Witch of the White Fortress. You knew what fate would have awaited your people if you had not yielded to me."

In a flash, King Thanos was on his feet and in front of Caerwyn. He grabbed her wrist with frightful forcefulness, and twisted it so that they both could see the puncture wounds--fresh and old-- that laced the soft underside of her forearm.

Caerwyn bowed her head.

"My Lord, I know what I have chosen for my people. I would do the same for the Witches of the Black Tower if it was in my power to do so, but I am not their leader. I am just asking for a chance to--"

King Thanos yanked her wrist to his mouth and bit down viciously. He drew in about a pint of blood as Caerwyn squirmed and yelped in pain and discomfort. Her yelps made it very difficult to stop. Nevertheless, he withdrew his mouth and looked up into Caerwyn's eyes, not bothering to wipe her blood from the side of his lips.

"Witch, this bond whereby I might take your life when I want for what I want only protects your people."

He straightened and gave her a smile that would scare a hyena.

"You are blessed, Fortunate White Fortress, that I have shown mercy on your people time and time again, despite their continued resistance. I cannot and will not do the same for anyone else. I will not look weak."

Caerwyn pulled her arm from his grasp.

"You are a monster," she said venomously, "And one day, you will get exactly what you deserve."

She turned heel and stormed off.

King Thanos simply smiled. Ordinarily such impertinence--even half that much impertinence-- would be grounds for death and/or dismemberment, depending on whether or not the King was feeling particularly cruel. However, he could use her a hostage against her people and, well, it was just so delicious to watch her suffer as he forced others to suffer. She was a powerful witch, but thanks to the bond of promise between them, she could do nothing. One day, she might even become his pet-- and like it.

King Thanos's grin widened at the prospect, and sat back down on his throne as quickly as he had gotten up from it.

"Next!" he roared.
Cogito Ergo Sum...however, as that is a platitude that I did not invent, perhaps I do not exist...yep...my hand is starting to fade away Back to the Future-style...

Otiena
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Jasper left the room and went back down to the central chamber to oversee the rest of the work. He couldn't do anything in the situation with Lacey so he decided to return to where he was needed most. Mack jumped out of the truck and went over a few things with Jasper as he shined his blade, testing the electric stun features he had installed a few weeks ago. "Jasper... is everything alright?" Jasper looked over to Mack and nodded, "We'll be leaving soon, you need to hold down the fort while we're gone understand?" Jasper looked to Mack who shook his head yes and walked back to the truck. Jasper drew his sword and set up a dummy across from him. In one swift move he was on the other side and the dummy fell, cut in half. "I love this thing."

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:02 pm

You shape wood, and earth, and stone.
I shape flesh, and brain, and bone.
Soft tree-shapers, Healer-wives;
You shape living. I shape lives.

Free the Flyers, but it remains that they'll return to seek their chains.
Hooded falcons who think they're free, and follow to my lure, and me.
For every thought they own is mine; my will wreathes theirs like a vine.
For the love I cannot have,
Pain and power my balm and salve.

Valkyrie's song ended as she rounded the corner. As she walked past the doors to the throne room, she nearly bumped into the witch who angrily stormed from the room. A smile spread across her face as she heard the king shout. There were many who refused to submit to his power. Many of whom, would break down eventually. Then there were those like herself, who had offered their services to the king. She had promised to be useful and had done so, time and again. It won her a position on the council and certainly the most comfortable life she could have wished for.

Staring down, she bit her lip in a bit of a dilemma. Visiting with the King would cure her boredom. It didn't matter if she was simply performing as she often did. Dancing to her hearts content or using her voice like a bard which had earned her the nickname Siren. However, it seemed inappropriate to stand before him in her simply evening gown and barefoot on top of that. Pulling her hair over one shoulder, she shook her head, hoping that he hadn't already noticed her presence as she had been singing.
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Zack smiled at her and sat on the edge of the bed. He was bold today...Too bold, it seemed. "Lace." He whispered, his lips now dangerously close to her lips. He whispered her name again, seductively, passionately. The door was closed, the door to her room, and they were alone in here. He liked that. He could feel her ragged breath on his lips, and almost see the sickness in her eyes. He could care less though. He wanted to take her breath away with this...His head stopped moving, as if taking in the smell of her, and her breath on his lips. Then it began to move, slowly, meaningfully, like a lion before the kill. By the time he finished the plunge, he was growing impatient with himself, telling himself to get on with it. As their lips connected, he immediately felt she was sick, he just could tell, just by her breath. If he wouldn't have known she was sick before, he would've found out then.

((Zack's hidden passion comes out!))

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Lacey had laid back down, eyes closed once more. When he said her name, she opened her eyes, sitting up slightly. She looked at him, and noticed the closeness as well. Her cheeks heated, and not from the fever this time. She watched him cautiously, unsure of what he was doing. She smiled a bit. "Zack, what's wro-" She was cut off by his lips hitting hers and her eyes widened. She quickly pulled away. "Zack!" She said, eyes wide and breathing heavier than normal. "Wh-What the hell?" She whispered softly, looking at him. "Why did you do that?" She asked, looking at him and feeling extremely confused now. Why had he done that? Especially when she was sick, of all days?

Her heart was pounding in her ears, and she wasn't sure how she was feeling at the moment. Confused, definitely. She wasn't sure if she felt that way for Zack. She wasn't sure of anything at the moment.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Zack knew she would pull away, knew she would freak out, and had a feeling she would of slapped him, at least she didn't slap him. He shook his head and then smiled weakly at her. "I knew it." He said, getting up and running his hand through his naturally long hair, which immediately became disheveled and askew with that. He sat back in the chair near the bed, making sure he didn't fall off this time. "Why did I do it?" He repeated her question aloud. "I did it because, if you can't tell, I wish I could be more than just your friend. Although, I see now you do not share the same feelings. Sleep, Delacie." He said, using her full first-name on purpose, as if to show formality, and a lack of love. He walked out of the room, gently shutting the door behind him.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!