Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Light Of Truth (IC)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Light Of Truth (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 pm

OOC: Link to OOC thread - the-light-truth-ooc-t34820.html

Now then. This is the post where I'm going to explain everything that's going to happen in this plot. In this post, there is going to be the actual plot, and then characters that are taken or needed.

Plot- In a distant world, much like our own, there is not a lot of technology. There are still certain luxuries around (plumbing, computers, electricity, music, things like that) and those are often used by everyone. However, the world is also much, much smaller than our own, and has a King that rules. However, this King is corrupt and uses his power to his liking.

Demons, Vampires, Wizards, Warlocks, Witches, etc. are all out in the open, and are all on a Council with the King. The King is a powerful Vampire, and has put corrupt people of each species on the Council. They work in harmony together, however corrupt they may be.

However, there are several groups that try and to overthrow the King and his reign of evil. There is one group, though, that stands out from the rest. They call themselves the "Lumiere De La Verite", or the Light Of Truth. (English is also the language spoken everywhere, and there are a few ancient languages that have died out) The group is most significant because it is led by young people. All are younger than twenty-three, and are actually lead by three teens. Whats even more shocking, is that there are only about fifteen people in the group. They have done the most "work" in overthrowing the King and his corrupt Council. They crash parties, steal money from the rich give to the poor (a bit like Robin Hood's work), help those who are in trouble, free those who are wrongly imprisoned, etc.

But, they are suddenly betrayed by several of their own, and are brought before the King. The King takes an interest in them and keeps them around. What will happen? Who will win?

Characters Needed/Taken-
Taken: -All of the leaders
-Two members of the Council
-One member of Lumiere.
Needed: -The King
-Members of the Council
-People in Lumiere De La Verite, both the betrayers and people who are loyal to the group.
-Any other characters you wish to be, let me know and I'll see.

If you would like to apply for a character, or post a character profile, please go to the OOC thread with this title. Thanks~
Last edited by DeadlyxSunshine on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hey Jerk-FaceYou There

I Effin' Love You

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Light Of Truth (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:59 am

Jasper sat in the bunker, his head palmed in his hands. A familiar voice came into the room, "Jasper, you ready?" The voice was of Mack, a friend of Jasper's since he was a kid. "Yeah, I'm good." Jasper tied his long white hair into a loose ponytail, put on his signature vest and stood up. He walked over to where his blade was and threw it over his back, placing the strap connected to the sheath over his chest. He left the room and entered the central chamber where most of their supplies and equipment was. "Mack, you seen June or Delacey?" Mack jumped in the back of a truck that was being fed cargo, "No, but I'm sure they're around." Jasper took off up the stairs yelling down as he walked, "I'm going to go look for 'em."
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dex
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 am

Delacey sighed heavily. She felt absolutely horrible currently. She was in the room she'd been sleeping in for the past few hours. She had been attempting to rest up a bit more, but it really hadn't worked so far. Coughing yet again, she made a slight face. "I really hate you," She mumbled, talking to herself. She hated her body really, since she was always getting sick. Which, she was at the moment.

Lacey shook her head gently, regretting it when the world began to spin slightly. She stood up. Or, well, attempted to stand. As soon as she was standing, she fell back down, to her knees. "Dammit!" She hissed softly, anger bubbling up inside of her. She closed her eyes for a moment, not wanting to cry over something so silly, but she felt as though she were about to.

Lacey finally opened her eyes slowly and looked around. "Well, at least its not spinning anymore..." She mumbled under her breath, still sitting on her knees. She didn't want to move currently, for fear of falling again. Which, would be fantastic. It would mean she couldn't go anywhere for at least two days.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:23 am

Jasper walked down the hall, passing people in a rush along the way. He stopped someone walking by, "Hey, have you seen June?" the girl shook her head no, slightly blushing as she knew who he was. "Ok, what about Delacey?" The girl nodded and told Jasper that she was in her room. He walked down the hall and turned right, which led to the general member quarters. He passed through there and went into a hallway on the opposite side. The bunker was formally held by the government, but was taken over about a year ago. Jasper approached the door, hearing nothing inside, he slowly knocked. "Its Jasper, alright if I come in?"

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:30 am

Lacey jumped at the knock. She rolled her eyes as she heard it was Jasper. She then realized she hadn't moved from the spot she was in. Panic set in; she didn't want anyone to see her this weak. "U-Um, just a minute." She told him, looking around quickly. She attempted to get up once more, but only succeeded in falling to her knees again. She cursed mentally, looking around still. This was not good. She couldn't let anyone see her like this. She was sure they all knew about how weak she was, but she didn't want to prove it.

Sighing softly, Lacey leaned her back against the wall, looking to the door. She wasn't going to be able to get up, but maybe Jasper would go away after a moment. "I'll be out in a second." She lied, waiting for the dizziness to pass once more. She closed her eyes tightly, holding her head gently.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:41 am

Jasper put his hand on the door knob, but slowly took it off. "Yeah, okay. I;ll just wait outside then." Jasper fell to the ground sitting on the floor and leaning against the wall. He was aware that Delacey had problems, but didn't know the extent. He sat there, pondering his thoughts for a minute before scratching his head in boredom. Jasper was always the type of person who needed something to do, even if it was to go into battle or just talk, as long as it was something.

Jasper looked at the watch he had worn for years, which didn't even tell the correct time. It had broke about a month ago, but he still kept it due to its sentimental value. "Delacey, are you ready yet? I just want to go over what our plans are now that we've got everything set up." Jasper was never much of a planner, so he relied heavily on June and Delacey in that aspect.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:49 am

Shaking her head, Lacey managed to stand finally. She silently cheered, smiling a bit. Of course, she was shaking horribly, but she supposed it was better than falling down. Glancing in the mirror, she made a face at her reflection. She looked paler than usual, and looked exhausted.

Making her way over to the door, Lacey took a moment to try and steady herself. She finally opened the door, smiling at Jasper. "Sure. That sounds great." She was gripping the door knob tightly, and leaning against the door frame heavily. "And haven't I told you before? I hate Delacey. Just call me Lace or Lacey." She added with a slight grin.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:59 am

Jasper smiled back at her noticing her rather pale complexion. "Alright, Lace." Jasper stood up and walked inside the room, then leaned against the wall across from the door. "We have everything we need. Troops, medicine, weapons, and vehicles." Jasper crossed his arms and started tapping his right index finger on his left arm. "Now what do we do with them because honestly it seems like we're just making ourselves an even bigger target."

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:13 am

Lacey couldn't help but smile a bit more. "Well, we've got several options of what we could do with it all. Some of it we could keep for ourselves; the rest we could sell on the black market, or just give away. However, we do need to keep some of the vehicles, and weapons. Did you know that the King is holding a meeting with his whole council in a few days? They're all going to be in the same place at the same time, which is extremely rare. If we got everyone together, we could strike them while they're all together. Plus, they wouldn't think we'd do something so "stupid" in their opinion, but we'll have a few secret weapons on our side." She added with a nod. "A few people managed to get some items that some council members were keeping, amazingly enough. These items were some pretty awesome weapons actually, that would help a lot if we go through with this attack. I need to figure out the blueprints and everything else that we'll need if we go through." She said with a nod of her head.

Lacey opened her mouth to say something else, but she suddenly began to shake more, and go into a coughing fit. She let go of the door knob and frame and fell to her knees. Closing her eyes tightly, she continued to shake and cough, covering her mouth with her arm. "D-Dammit..." She said in between coughs.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:33 am

"Lace?!" Jasper ran over to Lace, worried about his long time friend. "Are you okay? do you need to lay down?" Jasper had never been good with seeing friends hurt. He didn't really know what to do so he just knelt down in front of Lace, worrying about her condition. Is she ok to continue at this pace, he thought to himself. Jasper started to pat Lace' back, "Do you need water, or anything at all?"

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:38 am

Lacey closed her eyes as she took a few deep breaths. After a few more minutes, her coughing died down and stopped altogether. She leaned back against the wall. "I'll be fine." She said with a weak smile as she opened her eyes and looked at Jasper. "And no, I'm good." She told him with a nod of her head as she began to shiver, still shaking as well. "Its freezing." She whispered. It really wasn't, but she was cold at the moment. She'd gotten a bit paler as well, and she looked even more tired now. She closed her eyes for a moment before looking at Jasper. "I'll be fine, really." She added, trying to reassure him that she would be alright, even if she didn't completely believe it herself yet.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:29 am

Kevin, who had been making her rounds around the complex, slowed her footsteps as she neared Delacey’s room. She could hear the voices of Jasper and Delacey: Jasper sounding worried and Delacey sounding whispery. Her lips curled in a grimace. She felt sorrow and pity for the poor girl - who was strong in all aspects except her body – but she also admired her.

She started walking again, tucking her brown hair behind her ears, and peeked into the room. Delacey was sitting almost in the doorway, Jasper kneeling in front of her. She could smell the sickness coming from the girl.

“Everything okay?” Kevin asked, crouching down next to them.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falconpaaawnch on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:50 pm

He didn't like this, he didn't like this at all. June could be found in his room, sitting at his desk with a pen in hand. In front of him was a scribbled sheet of white paper-- brainstorming their next attack. Their last raid has brought them a lot of beneficial items. In June's own opinion, it really wasn't worth selling it to the black market. Perhaps selling the weaker technology for newer technology would be best, but overall they needed everything they could get. He put his hand up to his mouth, his index finger caught between his nose and upper lip as he thought. Lacey had previously told him about the council meeting and her suggestion on attacking them all that day. While in theory, it sounded like a great way to get rid of everyone in one go, June also smelled a trap. A really bad trap, and advised against it. Unless Lacey was ready to drop a bomb on them, June really didn't think sending troops in would be worth it. June sighed, this would be best discussed with the other three leaders.

Standing up and pushing his chair in, he grabbed his scribbles and walked on out. Eyes scanned the perimeter looking for a silver haired kid-- June had to admit, he always stood out. He walked past a girl, then turned around and placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her. "Excuse me!" he called out, "Have you seen Jasper or Lace?" The girl had been the girl who had talked to Jasper previously. Blushing, she told him they were found in Lacey's room. Smirking, he nodded to her in thanks and jogged to Lace's quarters. Though as he neared the group, he spotted Kevin crouching outside of the room. A little concerned, he stood behind Kevin and spotted Lacey and Jasper. Frowning, he found a spot between Kevin and Jasper and knelt down. His hand reached out for Lace, pressing it against her forehead. "This isn't good," he commented at her weak state. It would be a bad idea to think of any sort of attack now.

falconpaaawnch
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Valkyrie splayed her fingers across the chest of the man laying beside her. Her bright green eyes, darkened as she licked her lips slowly. His fingers gripped her hair, that hung loosely, longer hair then he'd ever seen. It flowed down her back, past her waist stopping at her knees. He watched in a dreamy, exhausted state as his lovers lips pressed softly against his chest. Her gaze flickered up to his face and he knew an instant to late that he had doomed himself, her fangs sinking deep before he could fight it off. He pulled her hair but her bite was deep and her free hand slid to his throat, pressing his head back before she moved and buried her fangs into the front of his throat. The struggle continued for a short moment and she watched as the light faded from his eyes before sitting up.

She was quick to slide from the bed and dress herself once again in a simple green velvet gown. It would be enough for the time being. The hunger was gone but these humans never seemed to calm the restlessness in her body. Her fingers gently brushed through the strands of raven hair and she turned, leaving her room to wander the halls. The maids would take care of the body like always. Normally she would take the time to braid her long hair but today for the first time, she left her room with her hair hanging down.
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyxSunshine on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Lacey frowned. She really hated all this attention and concern for her. "I'll be fine." She said, sighing softly. "Really, I will." She added, though the second part was more to reassure herself more than anyone else. She wanted to convince herself of the lie, but knew it wouldn't really work. Lacey knew she wouldn't be able to stand up, let alone walk, at the moment. She was far too weak for that right now. "I just need some more rest, and I'll be good to go." She told them, smiling. The smile quickly disappeared though, as she quickly brought her arm to her mouth and began to cough once more.

Once the coughing subsided, she took a few deep, shaky breaths. Eyes closed, she leaned against the wall more, letting her head fall slightly. After a moment, she opened her eyes and looked up.

DeadlyxSunshine
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:24 pm

Desdemona swirled the flask that held a bubbling purple liquid. Slowly, it started to clear until it was almost the color of water. He held it up to his nose and sniffed it delicately, his claws clicking against the glass. Satisfied he walked to a door leading off from his chamber and opened it. Inside the new room, a small pretty auburn haired elven female was sitting on a large plush bed, a book open in her lap. She looked up when the door opened and smiled, “Dessy, you’ve been gone all day. I was getting lonely.”

He returned the smile, stroking her cheek affectionately “Just brewing, my dear. Try this, maybe it will get rid of your headaches.” He wrapped her small hands around the flask, encouraging her to do as he said. She leaned foreword and kissed his nose before she raised the flask to her lips, drinking a little to taste it before she swallowed the whole thing.

“How do you feel?” the devil asked, gently taking the glass from her hands. His slit pupil’s narrowed, watching her intently for any sign of a reaction. She licked her lips, eyes up on the ceiling to think of her answer. She licked them again, and then bit them. Her teeth dug into her lip until they drew blood, and then went further – mandible chewing until her bottom lip was torn off. Her throat swallowed the lump of flesh as her teeth started to work on her upper lip. Her eyes, still staring at the ceiling had glazed over as blood ran down her chin and neck. She raised her fingers to her lipless maw, starting to chew on them.

Desdemona sighed and placed the flask on the bedside table. He propped himself against the array of pillows at the head of the bed and used his foot to nudge the elf girl until she fell on the floor. He folded his arms behind his head, crossed his ankles and stared up at the ceiling. He fell to sleep to the crunching of bones.

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dex on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Jasper didn't know what to do. "I'll go get you something to drink." Before Lace could respond he took off down the hall and towards the central chamber once again. When he got there he looked around for Mack frantically. He finally saw him watching a small TV behind the crates. "Mack, I need clean water and something that helps coughing." Mack looked at him with a confused look, curious as to why, but Jasper wouldn't say. They approached the back of a truck and started digging through different medicine bottles looking for anything that might help. "Whose this for?" Mack asked as he shuffled through the bottles. "Keep looking, I'll get the water." Jasper jumped off the truck and headed for the kitchen, avoiding Mack's question.

Dex
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby falconpaaawnch on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:09 am

Pulling his hand away from her forehead, June couldn't help but frown as she continued to cough in her arm. His eyes glanced over to Jasper, but without even as much as a second he was already running down the hall to fetch her a drink. June then looked over to Kevin who was still crouched next to him. He was unsure what to do, but sitting here in the hallway would only attract more attention. The last thing they needed was the Lumiere members to think one of their leaders was sick-- though, at this point, June was sure they knew something was up. "Come here, you're better off resting on a bed," he suggested out stretching his arms in attempt to lift, and carry her to her bed.

falconpaaawnch
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silverclawedmouse on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Kevin waved June away and slid her arms under Delacey’s knees and behind her shoulders, standing up with the younger girl in her arms. The wolf girl ignored any protests she might receive and strode to Delacey’s bed, setting her gait long and smooth so as to not discomfort her leader.

“Rest for today. June and Jasper can move the planning to your room if need be. Keep knowledge from you subordinates, but you must be willing to trust those two with your life and everything that it involves – including when you are sick,” she looked down at the fragile girl in her arms and grinned “Or the big bad wolf will eat you when they are not looking.”

silverclawedmouse
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Softly as a shadow's sigh shadows walk, and there walk I...
Shadow's darkness in my soul, shadow power is my goal...
Power to give, and power to take, power to build and to unmake,
Power to make you writhe with pain,
Power to take it back again...

Valkyrie's voice was soft and sweet as she sang the words, one of her many lovers had taught her. The song told of a cruel and twisted elf from their ancient past. She remembered that lover so clearly because in his dying hours, he'd called her by a different name. No one had ever done that. Winnowill. From the tales she had heard from elves, the woman had been a violent woman with a vicious abilities. That was a woman she could compare to in many ways.

You shape wood, and earth, and stone.
I shape flesh, and brain, and bone.
Soft tree-shapers, Healer-wives;
You shape living. I shape lives.

Softly through our shadowed halls my thoughts steal, and rule them all.
Some have tried my rule to end; pain and power are shadow's friend.
For he spoke insult to my face; I stand here, and he is Brace.
She who sought my rule before;
I was stronger... She is Door.

As she sang, her gentle voice echoed throughout the cold stone hallways that she wandered.

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!