Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Messiah Queen

The Messiah Queen || OOC

a part of “The Messiah Queen”, a fictional universe by >Marionette<.

In the name of Aule you will bend to her will, or be crushed by it.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Messiah Queen”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Messiah Queen || OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:25 am

Fabricator wrote:@Marionette, I had been eyeing up one of the Lords as a possibility. Though I was after a little more information (timeline certainly helped thank you Solo Wing Pixy for fact checking).

Namely is there much information on the kingdoms prior their dethronement or is that pretty much up in the air? Do we have a map of the various lands of those kingdoms? Is anyone else playing a Lord as of yet?

The thing is I wanted the Lords and their kingdoms to be customizable pre-opening for the IC. I'll certainly set something up when we start so we have something to work with when we refer to them, (likely I'll pc them in the npc & pc thread) as they are important background characters. Till then people interested in them are free to create their history and present as they see fit.

LordTalbot wrote:This sounds absolutely amazing! I'd love to take part.

Is the role of the general still available? If not It'd be great to go for one of the lords.

If the character hasn't been marked down and accepted then it's still open.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vengefuljustice8012 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:35 pm

@Marionette: I'll change it. 23 years works for me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

vengefuljustice8012
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:56 am

You love muffins. I'm gonna' go ahead and apply for the Rebel Slave laddie-boy.

Every time RoleplayGateway opens up this weird loading screen, I always think that it's going down gahhhh. Stop.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:11 am

Frnrnrn. Delete this here thing. I was using the Preview button to see if I was mucking up the BBCode. And I am. Help me.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:25 am

Alright so I submitted Thalia Threnn, the newest iteration of Talia Tane. Though the idea and themes are similar to past Talia's, I've rewritten everything from scratch, so let me know if there are any details I missed. Not sure yet how I want to run Arkhan and Calliope. Probably as NPC's. Maybe one of them as a PC. idk yet.
We drink to him as comrade must
But it's still the same old story
A coward goes from dust to dust
A hero from dust to glory.

Modesty wrote:Where originality comes in is finding new ways to explore the things that already exist to us. Suddenly red becomes crimson, ruby, scarlet, cherry, carnelian, vermilion, cardinal, sienna, maroon, sorrel, rojo, sanguine. Suddenly red can become a metaphor, a picture, a symbol.

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 pm

Solo Wing Pixy wrote:Alright so I submitted Thalia Threnn, the newest iteration of Talia Tane. Though the idea and themes are similar to past Talia's, I've rewritten everything from scratch, so let me know if there are any details I missed. Not sure yet how I want to run Arkhan and Calliope. Probably as NPC's. Maybe one of them as a PC. idk yet.

So Thalia is a main right? Which means she shouldn't have PC above her profile. I realize what PC regularly means but for purposes of this roleplay I'm using it in terms of open (either partially completed or completely completed) characters that people can apply for to play if they're interested. I'll just remove the PC at the top as I accept her. She's somehow seems like 10x more dangerous now omg. And since we've got a rebel slave leader from Yon<3 (and he's already looking fantastic I love those quotes) I've got a decision to make, either bring back Iphigenia as she was and have Yanni free her (which is up to Yon if she'll have me?) or remake Iphigenia into the Queen's daughter. Decisions decisions...

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vengefuljustice8012 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:07 pm

Ahhh everyone's characters look so great... I get the feeling Casta is going to be fighting off a lot of assassins... Also I changed her history so hopefully the years work better?

vengefuljustice8012
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:56 pm

If is 30, she'd have to have been born 7 years before the rise of the queen, since the queen rose 23 years ago. I'm on mobile and haven't had a chance to look at your character again yet but if that's what you changed it to, then it's spot on. : )

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:26 pm

Would Alecto (as the Lady of Nydoecia) most likely have been one of the seven lords and seven councilmen before she went on the run? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm just unclear on who the lords actually are and what territories they their domain.

Also, I really have to update her timeline, because right now Alecto would have been 8 when the Messiah Queen killed her husband off haha.

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:01 pm

LuckyNumber24 wrote:Would Alecto (as the Lady of Nydoecia) most likely have been one of the seven lords and seven councilmen before she went on the run? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm just unclear on who the lords actually are and what territories they their domain.

Also, I really have to update her timeline, because right now Alecto would have been 8 when the Messiah Queen killed her husband off haha.

No, Nydoecia is just a city. It didn't used to be a kingdom, but it used to be IN a kingdom. That kingdom had a king who became one of the seven lords when the queen took over. As far as I can tell Alecto's husband was a bannerman at most.

So think of it like provinces within a country, there's seven provinces with one lord managing each and nyodecia is a city in one of those provinces.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Solo Wing Pixy on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:36 pm

It might be helpful to draw up a simple map showing how the land is divided among the lords, along with a name for each province, so we all have the same reference. Doesn't have to be super detailed, but it would be nice to know how to properly refer to each region, even if it was simple like The Vale or The Westerlands

Solo Wing Pixy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LuckyNumber24 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:40 pm

Oh okay okay I understand now. But it'd still be possible for Alecto to be a former councilwoman? I'm re-writing bits of her history and it'd make sense to me that she would be.

LuckyNumber24
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:14 pm

LuckyNumber24 wrote:Oh okay okay I understand now. But it'd still be possible for Alecto to be a former councilwoman? I'm re-writing bits of her history and it'd make sense to me that she would be.

The only issue I see with that is her general escape? It'd be very difficult to make it out of Citha alive if she were a councilman who got ousted as a traitor. Since all council members are stationed in the Queen's very castle and all. They have to be, they're advisers basically.

Solo Wing Pixy wrote:It might be helpful to draw up a simple map showing how the land is divided among the lords, along with a name for each province, so we all have the same reference. Doesn't have to be super detailed, but it would be nice to know how to properly refer to each region, even if it was simple like The Vale or The Westerlands

I saw that pretty early on but I am at a loss as to where exactly I found a map generator and I don't have a blank slate as far as that map goes. But I'll see what I can do.

Coming up with names for the provinces would be helpful by the way everyone, feel free to make suggestions!

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:09 am

Dude. You're making these decisions so hard. Sent ya' a PM.

Also, can anyone help me with this BBCode voodoo-magic? Say, if I wanted to stack GIFS or pictures without them going all over the place... how would that look? Any tutorials to point me to?

Edit: I just wanted to add: all your characters are coming along nicely. I'm not stalking them at all or anything.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vengefuljustice8012 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:35 am

@Yonbibun: I can send you the BBC for Casta if it would help? Mostly it's just plugging it in and seeing what it looks like until you get it right. I taught myself and it was a long-ish process xD

vengefuljustice8012
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:57 am

Well as It looks like I'm probably the only lord at this moment in time (unless I missed someone other than LordTalbot who'll probably be taking the general) I'll have a muse and try to plan out some history for the lords and their various lands. Even if it's simply a rough overview of territory and names.

Alas work has been taking up most of my time so I've been unable to properly sit down and write up my character even if I have been plotting his backstory and that of his daughters as well.
ImageImage

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:51 am

Yonbibuns wrote:Dude. You're making these decisions so hard. Sent ya' a PM.

Also, can anyone help me with this BBCode voodoo-magic? Say, if I wanted to stack GIFS or pictures without them going all over the place... how would that look? Any tutorials to point me to?

Edit: I just wanted to add: all your characters are coming along nicely. I'm not stalking them at all or anything.

I know there's so many ways we could do this it's agonizing and I'm gonna make you have the end vote because I'm mean and I can't choose for myself. Besides you're the one running a rebellion now. As for the tutorial....

So to align images or text you use the align tools such as:
Code: Select all
[right][img]http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/leonardo-decaprio-as-a-bulldog-in-wolf-of-wall-street.gif[/img][/right]

Which will align the image to the right of anything outside those align brackets ie:

this
[right][img]http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/leonardo-decaprio-as-a-bulldog-in-wolf-of-wall-street.gif[/img][/right]Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomfg I heard Yonbibuns made out with a hotdog once.

Will look like this

ImageOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomfg I heard Yonbibuns made out with a hotdog once.

To have the text smack dab in the middle with images on either side just use the align tools as so
[left][img]http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/leonardo-decaprio-as-a-bulldog-in-wolf-of-wall-street.gif[/img][/left][right][img]http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/leonardo-decaprio-as-a-bulldog-in-wolf-of-wall-street.gif[/img][/right]Omfg I heard Yonbibuns made out with a hotdog once.

which will look like this

ImageImageOmfg I heard Yonbibuns made out with a hotdog once.

Also that line above this text right here will separate images from being aligned with text when needed, like the one I used above when I aligned the gif to the right - if I hadn't used the
[hr][/hr]
code then everything below it to the length of the gif would be aligned to the right and it'd just look weird.

To stack gifs over eachother just put the code texts under each other textually, inside one aligning bracket. To put more space between them, just add more spaces. Similarly putting the image codes right next to each other will place them next to each other.

[right][img]http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/leonardo-decaprio-as-a-bulldog-in-wolf-of-wall-street.gif[/img]
[img]http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/leonardo-decaprio-as-a-bulldog-in-wolf-of-wall-street.gif[/img]
[img]http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/leonardo-decaprio-as-a-bulldog-in-wolf-of-wall-street.gif[/img][/right]omg yoni stahp making out with hotdogs.

which will look like this

omg yoni stahp making out with hotdogs.

Fabricator wrote:Well as It looks like I'm probably the only lord at this moment in time (unless I missed someone other than LordTalbot who'll probably be taking the general) I'll have a muse and try to plan out some history for the lords and their various lands. Even if it's simply a rough overview of territory and names.

Alas work has been taking up most of my time so I've been unable to properly sit down and write up my character even if I have been plotting his backstory and that of his daughters as well.

Thanks for dropping in and letting us know your status! And technically yes, the only lord, but a lady of the council is actually taking the seventh seat currently. Thalia~ and she's especially good at economics.

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:21 am

>Marionette< wrote:
Fabricator wrote:Well as It looks like I'm probably the only lord at this moment in time (unless I missed someone other than LordTalbot who'll probably be taking the general) I'll have a muse and try to plan out some history for the lords and their various lands. Even if it's simply a rough overview of territory and names.

Thanks for dropping in and letting us know your status! And technically yes, the only lord, but a lady of the council is actually taking the seventh seat currently. Thalia~ and she's especially good at economics.

I must admit as I've mostly been viewing information while at work so for my own sanity I’ve been reduced to blocking all images, which has made for some interesting navigation at the very least. As such I’ve not had the chance to delve into peoples characters as much as I would like (read: at all), which has certainly resulted in my understanding of people’s roles being slightly diminished to the point of lacking...

Though as she is the other demi-monarch I may have to enter into talks with her creator and together forge a history worthy of our heritage!

I do however have a question about the lords/ladies and their representatives at court. Namely is it the head of the house that represents them on the council or have they sent someone to speak for them in their stead? I’m mainly unsure about this because there appears to be two roles linked to each of the once proud and alas now broken kingdoms which seems to point to one who governs and one who represents.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby >Marionette< on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:32 am

Fabricator wrote:I must admit as I've mostly been viewing information while at work so for my own sanity I’ve been reduced to blocking all images, which has made for some interesting navigation at the very least. As such I’ve not had the chance to delve into peoples characters as much as I would like (read: at all), which has certainly resulted in my understanding of people’s roles being slightly diminished to the point of lacking...

Though as she is the other demi-monarch I may have to enter into talks with her creator and together forge a history worthy of our heritage!

I do however have a question about the lords/ladies and their representatives at court. Namely is it the head of the house that represents them on the council or have they sent someone to speak for them in their stead? I’m mainly unsure about this because there appears to be two roles linked to each of the once proud and alas now broken kingdoms which seems to point to one who governs and one who represents.

Thalia is actually not a demi-monarch, she's a rep sent by her demi-monarch. And to answer the question of whether the council is comprised of reps or the Lords themselves, it is either or. It can be the demi-monarch head of house themselves, who left someone else to manage their territory in their stead, or it can be a representative who represents their interests on the council (which is done if the demi-monarch prefers to stay home and run things themselves).

>Marionette<
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricator on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 am

Right, that makes much more sense. In that case what I'll try and do as I believe I should have most of Saturday to myself given that my lass is travelling to the other end of the county for the day is write up the demi-monarch and his representative and submit the two characters if I'm able.

And perhaps have a word with Solo Wing in regards to their nation.

Fabricator
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!